Wine is often served chilled, perhaps with dinner or when you simply want to “chill out” with a couple of friends. There are many occasions that call for a glass of wine, and you certainly do not want to pour wine for your friends if it is not at the perfect temperature. When it comes to storing wine and keeping the wine cool at the same time, a wine cooler with an eighteen bottle capacity is definitely your best bet, as these bottles will take up too much space in your standard refrigerator.
With the best 18 bottle wine cooler of 2018, you’ll always have a bottle of wine to open up and serve at a perfectly chilled temperature, while also enjoying more space in your refrigerator to keep the horderves ready for a gathering with some friends. We’ve researched and discovered the six top-rated 18 bottle wine cooler, as well as the worst two to avoid.
Reviews of the Six Best 18 Bottle Wine Cooler, Plus the Two Worst to Avoid
1. Ivation 18 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler Review
After scouring through dozens of options, we’ve found that the best 18 bottle wine cooler of 2018 is the Ivation 18 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler. This product is more advanced than many of the competitor wine coolers that you are going to find on the market but still priced in such a way that it is more affordable than a lot of alternative wine coolers. It also comes in different options to ensure it can fit in with a variety of interior décor styles. You can choose between the standard glass and black metal wine cooler, or rather opt for one that comes with wooden shelves, along with a stainless steel design.
The product features a quiet operation, which means it is not going to keep you awake at night while keeping your wine cool. The product has the ideal temperature regulation features to ensure your wine can stay delicious and to avoid wine from losing its taste. The temperature can be adjusted according to your own preferences, and the product has a minimal and light design, making it easy to carry from one location to another.
2. Kalamera Wine Cooler 18 Bottle Stainless Steel Review
The Kalamera Wine Cooler 18 Bottle Stainless Steel appliance is another great option, especially if you are looking for a device that is exceptionally flexible. This wine cooler can be used as a freestanding refrigerator anywhere in your home, but, at the same time, also comes with a design that makes it an ideal built-in option if you wish rather add it to your kitchen cupboards.
The double-layered glass on the front-panel means the door is secure and will not break, even with impact. The overall stainless steel design also makes for a very attractive addition to any room in the house – be it a home bar that you have built, or simply the kitchen. The narrow width of the product also makes it ideal for those smaller areas that you want to fit it into. Temperature regulation allows you to start cooling your wine to the perfect temperature with the touch of a button. Furthermore, embedded carbon filters add additional layers of protection to keep the device, its surroundings, and you save while in operation.
The Wine Enthusiast Silent 18 Bottle Wine Refrigerator features a slimline design with a black exterior, which makes this one of the most attractive wine coolers that you are going to find available on the market at the moment. Two separate storage units allow you to store your wine in an upright or down position. You can easily switch between two different temperature levels with a single touch, ensuring your wine can be served at a temperature that will reserve its taste for a long period of time.
The digital touch panel that is located on the top of the product makes it quick and easy to adjust settings, while also providing you with an accurate view of the device’s internal temperature. A thermoelectric temperature regulator also means the product uses less electricity, while still being powerful enough to maintain the set temperature as long as it is powered on.
4. NewAir 18 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler Review
If you want to buy the best bottle thermoelectric wine cooler on the market today, then you should not overlook the quality, design, and features that the NewAir 18 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler has to offer you. Priced at just under $150, this is a truly affordable option that gives you the ability to place it anywhere in your home and have quick and easy access to your favorite bottles of wine. In addition to its standard 18 bottle size option, you can also choose from smaller and larger options, depending on the number of bottles you would like to keep cool at a time.
The product can be adjusted to a specific temperature that is more ideal for you, with a temperature setting that ranges from 54 degrees Fahrenheit up to 66 degrees Fahrenheit. A digital monitor is built into the device to ensure you have an easy way to tell the internal temperature and to adjust the temperature accordingly if needed.
5. Koldfront 18 Bottle Free Standing Dual Zone Wine Cooler Review
After we tested out a few options, we found that the best dual zone 18 bottle wine cooler that we could find is the Koldfront 18 Bottle Free Standing Dual Zone Wine Cooler. The product features two separate zones that allow you to configure the temperature specifically for each zone – with this in mind, and you can set two different temperatures for the wine at the top and the bottom of the cooler.
The LCD display unit will give you an instant overview of the current temperatures, while the touch panel allows you to adjust the temperature quickly and easily. The stainless steel design, along with a black finish, adds a unique twist to a modern design that ensures the product will integrate perfectly with any existing décor in the room.
6. EdgeStar 12 Inch Wide 18 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler Review
The EdgeStar 12-Inch Wide 18 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler was designed to be built into your favorite closet space in the kitchen, or perhaps in your home bar. In addition to being a great built-in wine cooler, it can also be used as a freestanding option. The product features a beautiful design with a black and stainless steel finish. The wine cooler is narrow enough to fit into smaller spaces and comes with an interior lighting system that makes it possible to have an easy overview of the wine that you have stored on the inside, even when it is dark in the room. Temperature can be adjusted according to the wine you are cooling and, of course, the specific temperature you prefer to serve your wine at.
Avoid – Avalon Bay 18 Bottle Wine Cooler Review
After looking at six of the best options that you can choose from if you wish to buy an 18 bottle wine cooler, we thought it would be a good idea to also share with you the worst 18 bottle wine cooler on the market. We did quite a lot of digging to find the one wine cooler that you would definitely want to avoid buying – and concluded that the Avalon Bay 18 Bottle Wine Cooler did not match the criteria we set for top-rated and high-quality appliances.
The Avalon Bay 18 Bottle Wine Cooler is known to have inappropriate temperature regulation functions, which means if you set it to a specific temperature that you prefer, your wine may come out a different temperature that is either too warm or too cold according to your personal preferences. Furthermore, the overall design of this one is not as sturdy and good-looking as some of the other options that we mentioned in this review post.
Avoid – Whynster 18 Bottle Built-In Wine Refrigerator Review
Another option that you would want to avoid if you are looking for one of the best wine coolers that can store a total of 18 bottles is the Whynster 18 Bottle Built-In Wine Refrigerator. This device is very specific and was designed to be built into a cupboard area, which means it has not been manufactured as a freestanding product – you won’t have much flexibility when it comes to choosing an appropriate room to add it to or where you would ideally like to see your wine cooler stand.
The Whynster 18 Bottle Built-In wine refrigerator also does not feature 100% accurate temperature regulation, as some have found that the product does not provide the internal temperature that it has been adjusted to. There is an LED display that can be used to monitor the temperature in the internal unit. A double pane glass design also makes the door of the appliance somewhat more durable and less likely to break with impact. The overall design is somewhat simplistic with no special features that set the product aside from the competition.
2018 Buyers Guide to the Best 18 Bottle Wine Cooler:
While wine coolers may seem like simple devices, there are many factors that should be considered if you are looking to buy one to keep your wine cool and at a refreshing temperature. With the right option, you get a product that will save space, provide the perfect cooling features, and look great to ensure the product fits in perfectly with your kitchen or home bar’s existing interior décor.
An 18 bottle wine cooler is perfect for storing a larger number of wine bottles, while still being compact enough to fit into smaller spaces. Below, we consider three of the most important factors that you should keep in mind when you decide to get your hands on an 18 bottle wine cooler.
3 Main Points to Consider:
- Quality: The first point that you need to consider when you start looking for an 18 bottle wine cooler is rather obvious, but there are many people who tend to overlook this one. You need to determine the quality of the appliance before you make a final decision as to whether or not you would like to buy it. The quality of wine coolers tends to vary a lot – and just because one is more expensive than the other one does not necessarily mean it is the better choice to opt for. You should consider the type of materials that the product is made of. This will give you an understanding of the overall quality and how long you can expect the device to last. Remember that some types of materials are more susceptible to rust, while materials like stainless steel do not rust easily. Do not only look at the materials, but also the overall structure of the product. How well has the cooler been constructed? How stable and secure is the device? These are all factors that can ultimately help you determine if you are buying a high-quality or cheap and useless product.
- Temperature Regulation: You are planning to buy a wine cooler because you want to keep your wine at a specific temperature while in storage, so this one should really be obvious and come naturally to you as you look through the various 18 bottle wine coolers that are currently available on the market. Some wine coolers come with a fixed temperature regulator that will keep your wine at a very specific temperature while the device is powered on. There are, however, many options that give you more control over the temperature you want to serve your wine at. Look for products that include temperature regulators – many of these will even come with a digital display unit that will tell you the exact temperature of the wine cooler’s inside. If you are able to control the internal temperature of the wine cooler, then it means you can set the temperature to something that you prefer – if you find that the wine is too cold, then simply switch it to a little higher temperature, or if you want the wine to be cooler, turn down the temperature a little.
- Design And Appearance: For most people, the design of a wine cooler that they might want to bring into their home will matter a lot. People are often fixated on ensuring everything in their house matches with each other – this is, after all, important in order to maintain the interior décor and styling of each room. Luckily, you can continue to maintain this trend of a matching décor in any room you want to place a wine cooler in – as these products come in many different sizes and designs. Since there are so many different designs available when you are buying an 18 bottle wine cooler, it would be a good idea first to decide on which room you will place this new appliance in. Take a look at the interior décor of that room and determine what type of design and style would best suit the room. Would you prefer something black, maybe something with stainless steel, or rather go for a funkier option? Then you can narrow down the options that are available to those that match the style you prefer to fit into your kitchen or home bar.
Why are 18 bottle wine coolers preferred over smaller capacity models?
There are quite a variety of wine coolers from single bottle chillers to 6 bottle wine coolers to 12 bottle wine coolers types that you’ll find on the market. Some of them are more compact than others, while there are also a couple of options that can take up a considerable amount of space in your house. The 18 bottle cooler has become an especially popular option for a number of reasons – and you should definitely consider these particular reasons to understand why opting for an 18 bottle wine cooler may be the ideal option for you.
Essentially, an 18 bottle wine cooler provides you with enough storage space to keep a relatively large number of bottles cool at the same time. With this in mind, there is no need to continuously add bottles to the cooler as you remove old ones. This can save time, and it is most certainly convenient. At the same time, these coolers are still compact enough to fit into some of the tighter spaces in the room you want to add it to. Thus, you won’t end up with a product that is taking up too much space either.
NewAir 18 Bottle Wine Cooler (Video Overview):
Final Thoughts on Buying the Best 18 Bottle Wine Cooler:
A good wine cooler is one that can store an adequate number of bottles to ensure you will not easily run out, while still giving you the features you need to ensure your wine is always at a temperature that is perfect for opening the bottle and serving. An 18 bottle wine cooler is perfect for all occasions and can save a lot of space in your other cooling appliances, such as your refrigerator. With the best 18 bottle wine cooler of 2018, you also get quality and durability, which means you only have to buy one of these appliances once and then use it for many years to come.