The look of stainless steel appliances against one of the best black kitchen sinks, along with a stunning countertop, will surely bring your kitchen to a new level of sophistication and elegance. We’ve researched and discovered the twelve top-rated black kitchen sinks, as well as one to avoid.
Reviews of the 12 Best Black Kitchen Sinks, Plus 1 to Avoid
1. KOHLER Iron Tones Smart Divide Self-Rimming or Undercounter Kitchen Sink Review
The Kohler iron tones smart divide under-counter kitchen sink is the best kitchen sink of 2021. The smart divide gives you a low profile basin. The Kohler cast iron ensures that this sink will last for years. Durability is a top priority. When you’re looking for dimensions, you want something that’s large enough to work in but won’t take up all of your counter space.
The Kohler’s dimensions as it sits down underneath the sink is a little over 30-inches by a bit over 16-inches. But, the biggest benefit of this kitchen sink is the self-rimmed edge. The dimensions with the top edge are 33-inches by 18 ¾-inches, and both basins are 9-inches deep.
KOHLER Iron Tones Smart Divide Self-Rimming or Undercounter Kitchen Sink is great for utility and durability. The goal of any kitchen sink is to outlast any other aspect of your kitchen. When you’re ready to get going and put in a new, you’ll want to order this sink quickly. The installation is fairly easy but be ready to cut into your counter.
To watch the KOHLER Iron Tones Smart Divide Self-Rimming or Undercounter Kitchen Sink Review on YouTube, click here.
2. Whitehaus WHQDB332 Double Bowl Fireclay 33” Fluted Farmhouse Apron Sink Review
This sink is all about design and bringing a new visual appeal to your kitchen. Taking the title of best farmhouse black kitchen sink available, it’s everything you could desire. The fluted front will fit in with both modern and old-style kitchen designs.
The fireclay casting ensures that this sink will last for many years and retain its durability. But, the double bowl is nothing special. The bowls are split down the center with rounded edges. Both sides are large enough to accommodate a garbage disposal.
Whitehaus WHQDB332 Double Bowl Fireclay 33 Fluted Farmhouse Apron Sink has a finish on all sides and is reversible. The fluted front on one side can go towards the back to reveal a 2-inch lip on the other side. The center wall has a scoop shape that makes cleaning it very easy.
To watch the Whitehaus WHQDB332 Double Bowl Fireclay 33” Fluted Farmhouse Apron Sink Review on YouTube, click here.
3. Swanstone 33-Inch by 22-Inch Granite Large/Small Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
Swanstone 33-Inch by 22-Inch Granite Large-Small Double Bowl Kitchen Sink is a great modern twist on the simple drop-in, double-bowl sink. Without a doubt though this is the best black kitchen sink for the money. It’s not a high-end kitchen sink, but it has many great features.
The most notable feature here is that both drain holes are towards the back of the sink. While many people don’t think about this aspect of a sink, it will help you keep a lot of your under sink storage space free to use.
If you’re looking for a beautiful black sink and you’re on a budget, this is probably the right choice for you. The double basin design is easy to use, and the size is great for medium to large households.
To watch the Swanstone 33-Inch by 22-Inch Granite Large/Small Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Review on YouTube, click here.
4. KOHLER Executive Chef Self-Rimming Kitchen Sink Review
Another Kohler sink that is a wonderful addition to any kitchen, the KOHLER Executive Chef Self-Rimming Kitchen Sink. This sink is the best high-end black kitchen sink. The double basin splits the sink into 2 sections that total 33-inches in length. Both basins are 10-inches deep.
The color is what draws most people in because it is not a standard black. The black has a mild sheen to it and will fit well in a modern kitchen. The faucet hole’s might throw off some people because they are offset to the right side.
There are 4 hole punches available to accommodate for any faucet you would want. The right size drain will also fit a garbage disposal.
To watch the KOHLER Executive Chef Self-Rimming Kitchen Sink Review on YouTube, click here.
5. Contempo Farmhouse Apron Front Step Rim Fireclay 30 Inch Single Bowl Kitchen Sink with Protective Bottom Grid and Strainer in by BOCCHI Review
The best black undermount kitchen sink available is this Bocchi Contempo Farmhouse sink. The fireclay construction helps reinforce the durability. But it comes as a complete kit. The kit includes a bottom grid, a strainer, and cutting board that fits over the right side of the basin. The high-pressure casting is exclusive to this model.
The non-porous surface is great for any homeowner who has concerns about stretching or staining. The entire sink will hold up to chips, discoloration, scratching and even cracking.
The most common sinks that these sinks have is damage during installation. If there are any issues, contact Bocchi and take advantage of their lifetime warranty. The warranty does not cover all issues, but it does cover a lot!
To watch the Contempo Farmhouse Apron Front Step Rim Fireclay 30 Inch Single Bowl Kitchen Sink with Protective Bottom Grid and Strainer in by BOCCHI Review on YouTube, click here.
6. Transolid Radius 31-in L x 18.5-in W Granite Double Offset Undermount Kitchen Sink Review
The Best black composite granite kitchen sink is this Transolid sink. The undermount sink ensures that you can take advantage of every inch of counter space. The overall dimensions include 31.75-inches by 19.25-inches. But, the bowl dimensions are slightly smaller.
Inner dimensions for the left bowl are about 16.5-inches by 16-inches. The inner dimensions for the right bowl are about 10.6-inches by 15.9-inches. These dimensions can make working in the sink easy. The sink uses a composite blend of 80% quartz and 20% acrylic.
With composite sinks, you want to be sure that you clean them with a microfiber towel nightly to prevent water spots.
To watch the Transolid Radius 31-in L x 18.5-in W Granite Double Offset Undermount Kitchen Sink Review on YouTube, click here.
7. TruGranite Kitchen Ensemble by MR Direct Review
A sink made for minimalists. TruGranite Kitchen Ensemble by MR Direct is the Best single bowl black kitchen sink available. There are no additional accessories because there’s no need for them. The styling is a simple rectangle with one basin. The sink is ready to take on any kitchen cleaning or cooking task.
The durability of this composite sink is outstanding. With an 80% quartz and 20% acrylic blend the sink is a solid form. The composite sink also helps to reduce any sound you might hear from your sink. It works as a natural buffer to sound.
The extreme resistance includes stain and scratch resistance. The sink will also hold up against heavy pots and pans weight and heat. There is a lifetime quality guarantee that covers this sink.
To watch the TruGranite Kitchen Ensemble by MR Direct Review on YouTube, click here.
8. Swanstone 33-Inch by 22-Inch Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
A drop-in double basin sink is a great addition to most kitchens. Many people enjoy bringing in a black sink to draw focus in their kitchen. But, the black galaxy color is an addition that will become a conversation piece.
As a 22-inch sink, it’s great for small households or people who are always on top of their dishes. The solid surface won’t wear away even with years of use. The durability will stand up against hot pots and even boiling water. Swanstone 33-Inch by 22-Inch Double Bowl Kitchen Sink is heat and scratch resistant. With proper maintenance, you can even keep your sink free of stains.
The overall dimensions of this sink are 33-inches by 22-inches, and both bowls are 9-inches deep.
To watch the Swanstone 33-Inch by 22-Inch Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Review on YouTube, click here.
9. Kraus Kitchen Sink Granite Review
Beautiful design, and a classic black finish, this 33-inch Kraus Kitchen Sink Granite sink is a great option for anyone. The granite composite is 80% natural quartz and 20% blended acrylic. This material blend ensures the durability, and it feels like real stone.
The non-fading color uses a UV-stable material that gives a very consistent color. The dual mount design lets you install the sink as an undermount or a drop-in.
Keep this sink clean with a granite cleaner and microfiber towel. The soft cloth will wipe away any water spots. While the sink is stain resistant, water spots are still a possibility.
To watch the Kraus Kitchen Sink Granite Review on YouTube, click here.
10. Elkay Quartz Classic Single Bowl Undermount Sink Review
When you’re in doubt, go with a classic design. The undermount sink style will give you access to all of your counters, but it will also make cleaning your counters easier. Elkay Quartz Classic Single Bowl Undermount Sink measures in at about 24-inches by 18.5-inches. Both basins are 9-inches deep with the exterior dimensions coming in at 9.5-inches.
The best part about this sink is that it’s very lightweight. Many people have to hire a plumber to install their sink because of the weight. This sink is only 26 pounds. You can easily install this sink yourself. The sink drain is at the back of the sink which will give you more access to your storage under the sink.
To watch the Elkay Quartz Classic Single Bowl Undermount Sink Review on YouTube, click here.
11. Franke USA Single Bowl Sink Granite 9-Inch Deep Sink Review
A single bowl with a bit of design, this large bowl uses granite and a curved design to fit into modern kitchens. The quality and durability of this sink are exceptions. The hard components of Franke USA Single Bowl Sink Granite 9-Inch Deep Sink make it both scratch and chip resistant. It’s even stained resistant but can get water spots.
To keep your sink in top shape you a mild granite cleaner. The installation options include installing as a top mount or an undermount sink. But, for either, professional installation is best. A plumber can easily put this sink in a short period.
The best part about this sink is that its non-porous nature prevents the presence of bacterial odors and helps reduce growth. If you have concerns about sanitary sink conditions, give this sink your consideration.
To watch the Franke USA Single Bowl Sink Granite 9-Inch Deep Sink Review on YouTube, click here.
12. Blanco 440194 Single 9-1/2 inch Bowl Depth Undermount Review
A simple, single bowl with the drain on the right side. The sink does require an outside cabinet of at least 33-inches if you’re dropping the sink in. But if you want to install the sink as an undermount, you’ll need to have 36-inches of cabinet space.
Blanco 440194 Single 9-1-2 inch Bowl Depth Undermount is resistant to scratches, acid solutions, alkali solutions, and stains. The undermount installation options let the sink drop-in easily. The sink clips are sold separately.
The flat deck on the sink makes it a top choice for anyone who’s looking to drop-in or undermount the sink. The only downside here is that this sink comes with only a limited lifetime warranty. The warranty only covers manufacturer defects.
To watch the Blanco 440194 Single 9-1/2 inch Bowl Depth Undermount Review on YouTube, click here.
Avoid – Dekor Sinks Bridgewood Composite Granite Single Bowl Sink Review
Too often people get pulled into this sink because of the price. But this is the worst black kitchen sink on the market. Dekor Sinks Bridgewood Composite Granite Single Bowl Sink is just not durable. These sinks often come with cracks or deep scratches. The delivery is not the fault of the manufacturer except poor construction.
The proof of poor quality is on the edges. If you’re looking for a sink that can top-mount, you’ll want to ensure that the edges look nice. The edges on this sink are very rough and cannot allow for decent top-mounting or drop-in installation.
Avoid this black kitchen sink. The finish looks spray painted on, and the edges will eventually crack and spiderweb.
To watch the Dekor Sinks Bridgewood Composite Granite Single Bowl Sink Review on YouTube, click here.
2021 Buyers Guide to the Best Black Kitchen Sinks
Black kitchen sinks are becoming a homeowner’s favorite. Whether you’re looking for a sink for your garage, kitchen or extension piece you’ll need something that will look good and hold up for years.
Many kitchen trends come and go. But, solid colored sinks are almost always a safe and timeless choice. To find great black kitchen sinks you’ll need to consider a few different things.
3 Main Points to Consider
- Countertop Design: Unless you’re doing a complete remodel, you might want to consider your current countertop design. Black sinks fit in best with all-white, or marble countertops so that they grab a lot of contrast. If the countertop design doesn’t leave you a lot of space, you’ll want to consider under mounting or using a smaller sink. The best options you could have to keep your sink size the same and get the most out of your counters are under mounting installation. A sink that is versatile might range from 33 to 36 inches. If you’re considering the under mounting installation, you should allow for some under-sink storage space. You might want to look at basins that range from 8 to 10-inches deep. But, when you’re thinking about how the sink will fit in with your current kitchen and countertops, you’ll need to consider the type of finish as well.
- Finish: Whether you prefer matte, gloss, or crystalline finish can find nearly anything in black. But, you’ll need to look at what works best with what you currently have in your kitchen. Unless you’re doing a complete kitchen, remodel you’ll want something that will fit in seamlessly. A gloss finished black kitchen sink might show more water spots than other finishes. But, a crystalline finish might seem dated after a few years. You can always look to a matte for a timeless look. But a lot of people don’t like how the matte finish can look against high-gloss counters. If you have tile or granite, you might want to consider a gloss finish. Gloss finishes are usually found on either porcelain, fireclay or composite sinks. These types of sinks are known for durability as well.
- Single or Double-Basin: Many people grow up with a double-basin sink which makes doing dishes by hand a breeze. You can segment one side of the sink off for soaking and scrubbing, with the other side free for rinsing. But, the double basin sink isn’t perfect for every kitchen. You might want to consider a single basin sink if you do a lot of cooking, don’t hand wash, or use the sink for many other cleaning activities. A large basin can make it easy to soak and scrub large pans. If you want flexibility though, a double basin makes most dishes easy to clean. The double sinks also come with a lot of variety. You might see a 60/40 split or a 50/50. There are other options available as well if you’re looking for something more specific.
Pros and cons of going with a black kitchen sink
A black sink can make your kitchen seem more modern. But, how do you know if it will work for your home? Well, the great thing about black is that it matches almost everything.
The downside? A black kitchen sink isn’t as common as you might think. You might have a difficult time finding exactly what you’re looking for if you want something specific. But, there are other issues. Water spots, in particular, show up on black kitchen sinks.
But on the upside, you will have a very stylish sink. Not to mention that the sink won’t show stains from berries, or wine. Keep these in mind when you’re looking for the right black kitchen sink for you and your home.
✅Black Kitchen Sinks: Reviews of the 12 Best Black Kitchen Sinks, Plus 1 to Avoid ❎ (Video):
Final Thoughts on Buying the Best Black Kitchen Sinks
We found the best black kitchen sink of 2021 and it’s everything you could want from a kitchen sink. Its finish will not easily pick up water spots, and it’s easy to clean. But most importantly you should find the right black kitchen sink for you based on your kitchen’s design.