While it is quite easy and even relatively affordable to go out to your local liquor store and pick up a six-pack of beers, many people find that brewing their own beer produces a tastier drink that they can enjoy with a group of friends at a barbeque, or while watching the big game. There is also the satisfaction of knowing that you made that beer that you are sipping on. Beer brewing requires a couple of items in order to ensure every batch you brew comes out perfect – and one of these should be the best brew kettle of 2020. We’ve researched and discovered the seven top-rated brew kettle, as well as one to avoid.
Reviews of the 7 Best Brew Kettle, Plus 1 to Avoid
1. CONCORD Stainless Steel Home Brew Kettle Stock Pot Review
After we analyzed many brew kettles that are currently available on the market, we found that the best brew kettle of 2018 surely is the CONCORD Stainless Steel Home Brew kettle Stock Pot. This particular option is superior to many alternative options in a number of ways. The product is available in a 40-gallon option by default, but also comes in other sizes, ranging from smaller brew kettles that can boil around five gallons of liquid at a time, all the way to the larger options that can take up to 45 gallons of liquid.
The product is made from a high-quality stainless-steel material that is used in many commercial constructions. It comes with a fully polished finish and includes a number of convenient accessories that will be handy when you are trying to brew your own batch of beer. The lid can easily be hanged on the kettle’s side, adding more convenience to the operation while adding the liquid and the hops to the pot.
2. GasOne 64QT 16 Gallon Stainless Steel Home Brew Kettle Set Review
Second on our list of the top options that you can choose from if you wish to buy a new brew kettle for your beer brewing operations is the GasOne 64QT 16 Gallon Stainless Steel Home Brew Kettle. This is a medium-sized option that can hold up to 16 gallons of liquid. Two alternative options are available, including an eight-gallon and a 10-gallon brew kettle. The product comes with a number of crucial components and accessories to make the process of brewing your own batches of beer faster and easier.
The stainless steel used to produce the GasOne 64QT 16 Gallon Stainless Steel Home Brew kettle are commercial-grade, while the finish applied to the stainless-steel material offers a classic and sleek appearance. The product is also exceptionally durable and will last for quite a significant period of time. In addition to being an ideal option for brewing beer, this particular option also doubles as a cooking pot for crabs, peanut boiling, and for cooking Crawfish.
3. Bayou Classic 800-416 16 Gallon Stainless Steel 6 Piece Brew Kettle Review
The Bayou Classic 800-416 16 Gallon Stainless Steel 6 Piece Brew Kettle, as the name suggests, can provide you with adequate space to boil approximately 16 gallons of liquid. When you buy this particular product, you do not only get the main brew kettle that you will need in order to brew beer, but also the additional accessories that are required to do the job the right way. The kettle is made from a top-quality stainless steel material to ensure you get a product that is durable and that will not stain or rust after just a couple of uses. The Tri-ply bottom feature further adds to the overall durability and quality of the Bayou Classic 800-416 16 Gallon Stainless Steel Brew Kettle.
This particular kit comes at a relatively affordable price, considering the quality of the product. This ensures you do not have to spend too much on the equipment and tools that you need in order to make sure you can successfully brew your own beer.
4. Brewers Edge Mash and Boil Review
The Brewer’s Edge Mash and Boil product is a two-in-one option that can be used during the first two phases of beer production. The product can be used during the mash process, and can then again be used when it comes to the boiling part. This can save you a lot of time and also means you need fewer pieces of equipment in order to brew up your own batches of beer. The product can mash a maximum of 16 lb malt at a time and can boil up to 7.5 gallons of liquid afterward.
The Brewer’s Edge Mash and Boil Brew Kettle is made from a quality stainless steel material and features a double wall design, which ensures steam can circulate and provide an evenly heated internal compartment for the liquid to boil during the boiling process.
5. Northern Brewer Megapot 1.2 Homebrew Stainless Steel Brew Kettle Stock Pot For Beer Brewing Review
Next up is the Northern Brewer Megapot 1.2 Homebrew Stainless Steel Brew Kettle Stock Pot For Beer Brewing. This is one of the ideal options for those looking for a product that adds flexibility to the mix, as it comes in a range of different sizes, as well as various material types. You can choose between sizes that vary from eight-gallon brew kettles all the way to 30-gallon brew kettles. In terms of material, you can select to buy the brew kettle only, to add value, and you have the option to opt for a brew kettle that comes fitted with a thermometer. This way, you’ll be able to monitor the temperature reached during the boiling process accurately.
6. Bayou Classic Stainless Steel Brew Kettle Review
If you are looking to brew your own beer, but your budget does not allow for the more expensive and advanced options that are currently available on the market, then consider opting for the Bayou Classic Stainless-Steel Brew Kettle. This is a very basic option that is made from stainless steel for added durability and to make cleaning up the product easier. The kettle can boil up to 7.5 gallons of liquid at a time. In addition to being an ideal option for the boiling phase while brewing beer, this particular option is also great for those who are looking for a product that they can use during the malting process.
As well as being great for a variety of functions, the Bayou Classic Stainless-Steel Brew Kettle comes at a very attractive price, at less than $50 per kettle. You can also use this as a multi-purpose pot – in addition to being able to brew beer, and you can also use this brew kettle pot for outdoor cooking.
7. Northern Brewer HomeBrewing Starter Set Equipment for Making 5 Gallons of Homemade Beer Review
If you are looking for the best 5-gallon brew kettle and you want everything that you will need to get started with your beer brewing operations, then take a look at the Northern Brewer HomeBrewing Start Set. This is a complete starter kit and is currently one of the top-rated options in terms of kits that can be used to brew beer at home. Apart from including all of the most essential tools and equipment that you will need during the process of brewing your own beer, this particular kit is perfect for beginners due to the inclusion of an instructions manual that tells you everything you need to know about beer brewing.
The kit comes with a recipe kit, a fermenter, a bubbler airlock, a bottling bucket, a stainless-steel brew kettle, a siphon tubing system, and more. The system is extremely easy to clean and to sanitize before you start the process of brewing beer. The entire system costs just over a hundred dollars, which makes this an ideal option for beginners since it comes with a complete kit that does not only allow you to boil your liquid but takes you through the entire process.
Avoid – Brewers Best Beer Brewing Boiling Pot Stainless Steel with Lid Review
We’ve looked at seven of the top options that you should consider if you want to buy a brew kettle that you can use for brewing your own beer, or even brewing your own kombucha, in the comfort of your own home, we want to take a quick look at the worst brew kettle on the market as well. There are many options out there that will not provide you with adequate functionality that you may require to ensure you can brew a fresh batch of beer without any issues. We found the Brewers Best Beer Brewing Boiling Pot Stainless Steel with Lid to be a particularly bad option that you can choose.
The Brewers Best Beer Brewing Boiling Pot Stainless Steel with Lid comes in both an eight-gallon and a 16-gallon option. The product has a relatively low thickness in its walls and its bottom. The brew kettle is made from stainless steel material to assure the durability of the product.
2020 Buyers Guide to the Best Brew Kettle:
If you are thinking of brewing some of your own beer at home, then you should realize that you will not be able to successfully complete the process without supplies such as a homebrew burner and a good brew kettle. With the many options that are currently on the market, it can be hard to distinguish between the better and the worse brew kettles available. In order to make this process somewhat easier, we are going to list three of the most essential points that we found, which should always be taken into consideration to ensure you buy a brew kettle that will be able to reach the appropriate temperature and distribute the heat evenly.
3 Main Points to Consider:
- Kettle Size: Always take the size of the brew kettle that you wish to buy into account. With this particular point that you should consider, it is vital that you do not only look at the brew kettle that you are interested in buying, but also take your own preferences into account. Ask yourself how much beer you would like to brew at a time. If you only want to brew small batches of beer, then there really is no need to buy a kettle that can boil 50 gallons of liquid. You would do well with a much smaller brew kettle in these cases. At the same time, consider the fact that many people have found opting for a larger brew kettle than you would initially have opted for allows for the hops to be extracted faster and more efficiently, which could lead to a beer that tastes better compared to choosing a smaller brew kettle.
- Features: In addition to considering the size of the brew kettle that you might want to buy, be sure also to take a good look at the specific features offered by the particular product that you are interested in buying. Some of these brew kettles come with useful features that will make the entire process of brewing your own beer more pleasant and much more convenient. Ensure that the kettle is able to reach an adequate temperature in order to boil the liquid at the right level. If the temperature is not high enough, then the hops will not be properly extracted. When this happens, the beer that you will produce at the end of the process will not taste authentic and like it should taste. This can be quite a disappointment when you invest a significant amount of money in one of these products – along with the time spent actually to produce the beer.
- Material: Lastly, be sure not to overlook the importance of the material that the brew kettle you are interested in is made of. These products are often made from different types of materials – and we found that a stainless steel option can provide you with a better performance in terms of hygiene and durability, compared to the brew kettles that are made from other types of material. Stainless steel is relatively easy to clean after the boiling process of your beer brewing operation has been completed. Additionally, it is generally considered quick and easy to sanitize the interior space of a brew kettle that is made from stainless steel, which is a crucial step that you should always stake when you are looking to brew up a fresh batch of beer. The material will also tell you how long the product will last you. Since you are going to make a relatively large investment when you decide to buy a brew kettle, make sure the materials are durable enough to last for a long time – this way, you won’t end up with a product that you can use to brew beer just once or twice.
What is a brew kettle?
Brew kettles come in a variety of sizes and, while they are often in a cylinder form, there are options that move away from the more traditional shapes that these kettles come in. A brew kettle is one of the more important parts of the process that needs to be utilized in order to brew batches of beer at home – larger industrial options are also used by companies that specialize in the manufacturing of beer. At home, however, people tend to rely on smaller variants of these devices in order to produce a batch of beer that is enough for themselves, their family, and perhaps some friends, without producing too much beer.
The brew kettle comes into play during the second step of the process that needs to be followed when brewing beer – this is when the mash is processed and boiled, which will ultimately result in what is known as the wort. This is when a wort chiller comes into the brewing process.
There are various kinds of brew kettles, but the purpose of these devices are all the same – to boil the liquid that is placed inside the kettle for a specific amount of time in order to produce the finished wort product.
How to use a brew kettle in homebrewing?
As mentioned before, a brew kettle is used after the initial process of the mash has been completed. Once the starches used in the process of brewing beer has been converted into appropriate sugars that are fermentable, the next phase of the process is called the boil – and this is where you will need a brew kettle in order to complete the process of converting the liquids that were produced during the mash process into the finished wort.
Once you have the liquids that are produced during the initial step of beer brewing, the liquid is poured into the brew kettle. These kettles usually contain double walls, which allows for the better circulation of steam within the device while it is turned on and while the liquid is boiling.
Before the liquid is boiled in order to produce the wort, it is important to note that hops need to be added to the brew kettle. The hops play an important role in the beer’s bitterness – something that beer is known for.
Once you are ready to initiate the boiling process, you should turn on the brew kettle. The liquid will be heated to a very high temperature and will start to boil vigorously. This is an essential step to take, and the boiling should be maintained for about 90 minutes in total.
Best Brew Kettle Reviews (2020 Buyers Guide):
Final Thoughts on Buying the Best Brew Kettle:
When brewing beer, there is a couple of ingredients you require, as well as some equipment and tools. Everything who has delved into this activity before knows just how important of a role a brewing kettle or pot plays in the entire process, which is why we decided to take a look at the best brew kettle of 2020. This helps you buy the right kettle when you decide to start brewing your own batches of beer and ensures you can avoid the disappointment of buying a product that does not work as you expect it to work.