Decorating your cake is the final step to finishing a fresh baked masterpiece. Utilizing the best cake decorating airbrush will elevate the skill of decorating baked goods to an artful level. And if you’re aspiring to craft exquisite cakes for weddings or other celebratory occasions, this is an essential tool. We’ve researched and discovered the eight top-rated cake decorating airbrushes, as well as the worse one you may want to avoid.
Reviews of the 8 Best Cake Decorating Airbrush, Plus the Worst 1 to Avoid
1. Decorating Tools Red Food Airbrushing Kit by Cake Boss Review
Since it is well-known that the Cake Boss brand provides some of the top baking products on the market, we thought introducing the best Cake Boss cake decorating airbrush first would make an appropriate selection.
The Cake Boss 50660 Decorating Tools Air Brush Kit is a complete set of equipment that can be used to decorate cakes by using a high-quality airbrush that was designed with various applications (not limited to baked good).
The tool has been designed to be easy to operate and comes with a built-in 18 PSI compact compressor for maximum performance, all without taking up too much space. The compressor works quickly to ensure no time is lost between pouring a color agent into the airbrush and spraying it onto your cake.
2. Complete Cake Decorating Set by Master Airbrush Review
The Master Airbrush Complete Cake Decorating Set is one of the few kits that come with a range of airbrush food coloring already included. Twelve total colors in unique shades of green, yellow, red, blue, pink, gold and silver, all of which have been approved for use in food by the Food and Drug Administration of the United States.
This kit comes with a series of different tools that makes it one of the most convenient options that you are going to find on the market right now. A TC-20 Air Compressor is included in this kit, along with two different airbrushes for maximum convenience. These airbrushes include the Dual-Action G34 Airbrush and the Siphon Feed E91 Airbrush.
3. PointZero Cake Airbrush Decorating Kit with Airbrushes Compressor and Colors Review
The PointZero Cake Airbrush Decorating Kit is another complete kit that comes with everything you need to get started – and is also viewed as the best professional cake airbrush kit popularly used by baking experts. This kit comes with three airbrushes, 12 varieties of Chefmaster Airbrush colors, as well as a compressor that makes the process of airbrushing your cakes a breeze.
In addition to the numerous accessories that comes included in this kit, the advanced control features that are built into the airbrushes, as well as the compressor, gives you precise control to ensure you can achieve more detailed designs when you are working on a cake decoration – whether tracing a stencil or creating a new type of ombre.
4. Award Winning Airbrush and Compressor by Clairella Cakes Review
The Clairella Cakes Award Winning Airbrush and Compressor kit is the complete deal – not only does this kit include a professional airbrush, along with an appropriate compressor that will work for any type of project, but the kit also comes with a handy carry and storage case.
This option was designed to be user-friendly for those who are only starting to get into the business of airbrushing cake decorations, or edible printing for cakes, but also to offer enough features to satisfy the needs of experts in the industry.
The compressor has five different modes that can be used to ensure you can take full advantage of the kit.
And the price point ensures the majority of individuals looking to start airbrushing cake decorations can afford this professional kit that will deliver the results they expect from such a tool.
5. Bakery Airbrush Cake Kit by Master Airbrush Review
If you are looking to start decorating cakes professionally using airbrushing techniques, then you should surely take a look at the Master Airbrush Bakery Airbrush Cake Kit. This kit comes with three airbrushes, as well as two air hoses, a powerful compressor, and 12 Chefmaster colors.
Everything that both beginners and experts will require is already part of this kit – you simply need to plug in the compressor, pour color into the appropriate location, hook up the airbrush of choice, and start decorating.
While the price of this kit may be a little higher than some competing airbrushes on the market, the quality of the product, as well as the included accessories, ensure you can do a professional job the first time around.
6. Complete Cake Decorating Airbrush Kit by US Cake Supply Review
If what you are looking for is the best cake decorating airbrush for the money, then consider the U.S. Cake Supply Complete Cake Decorating Airbrush Kit.
While not as complete as some of the other airbrushing kits that you will currently find on the market, this kit does come with everything you need to get going. The kit includes a compressor, along with an airbrush, a single hose, and 12 airbrush colors that offers you a way to decorate cakes using a range of different vivid colors.
The addition of a color chart, along with a user guide, makes this a very easy tool to use as well – the user guide will give you a complete overview of how the device works, as well as how you can create your very first decoration.
7. Master Airbrush Complete Airbrush Cake Decorating Kit Review
The best Master Airbrush cake decorating airbrush that you will find is this one, no doubt. When it comes to complete kits, this is one of the best options you are going to come across.
The Master Airbrush Complete Airbrush Cake Decorating Kit includes a powerful compressor that is portable enough to carry it around with you, along with a convenient storage bag that holds the compressor, as well as the airbrush. The airbrush is made from high-quality materials to ensure maximum durability.
In addition to these accessories, the kit also includes four food colors that have been specifically made to be used in airbrushing.
8. BBBuy Multi-Purpose Mini Airbrush Air Compressor Kit Review
After we have done a considerable amount of research, we found the best cake decorating airbrush of 2020 to be the BBBuy Multi-Purpose Mini Airbrush Compressor Kit.
This kit may seem basic at first, but when all factors are considered, it really provides you with the most value for the money. The kit is extremely affordable, making it a perfect option for beginners who do not want to spend too much money on their first big baking accessory purchase.
At the same time, the materials used to manufacture the airbrush, compressor, and the accompanying accessories, are high-quality, ensuring a tool that will last for a considerable amount of time.
Avoid – Gimify Multi-Purpose Precision Airbrush Professional Kit Review
Contrarily, the worst cake decorating airbrush on the market is the Gimify Multi-Purpose Precision Airbrush Professional Kit.
While the price of this particular option may seem attractive, the overall quality of the tool, as well as the fact that it seems to be promoted more for the purpose of nail art and applying makeup, makes this a less ideal option for those of you who would like to create the perfect cake decoration through the use of airbrushing.
This kit comes with a compressor, an airbrush, one hose, and a power adaptor to ensure the kit can be used virtually anywhere that a power source is available.
2020 Buyers Guide to the Best Cake Decorating Airbrush
When it comes to airbrushing, it is vital that you choose the right tool with the necessary essential components to help you avoid a complicated mess of hoses and compressors. If you do not choose the right options, then you may end up with an airbrush that is lacking key parts, or is low quality and does not spray your food color the right way, leading to uneven results. There are several important factors that will help you achieve your goals in cake decoration, including quality, proper accessories and warranty.
3 Main Points to Consider
- Quality: The quality of the airbrush you are interested in buying is the most important factor that you should keep in mind when you want to buy one of these particular tools. The quality varies greatly between these particular tools – when you see an airbrush at a cheap price, then there is a good chance that it is not built with high-quality materials. In turn, this would lead to an airbrush that will not last long and may also not provide you with the results you might expect. A high-quality product, however, will provide you with a tool that allows you to create beautiful cake decorations effortlessly.
- Accessories: Second, to quality, you should look at the particular accessories that may be included with the airbrush. There are numerous “kits” on the market that comes with an airbrush, as well as numerous additional accessories and tools that are all aimed to make your life easier. Different types of accessories are often included with these kits. It is important to consider what specific accessories are included with these kits. Consider opting for a particular kit that would ultimately help you achieve the particular objectives you are trying to achieve through your efforts in decorating cakes.
- Warranty: In addition to taking a close look at the quality and the accessories that come part of the kit you are interested in buying, you should also take a look at whether or not a warranty is provided. You will not see a warranty offered on all airbrushes, especially among the cheaper options. These devices often cost quite a hefty amount of money, which is why ensuring your airbrush will be protected under warranty should a factory fault come up should be an important part of your buying process. The warranties defer greatly – while some companies will only provide a six-month warranty, there are brands out there that will offer one year or longer warranties to provide extended care.
Can you airbrush with gel food coloring?
Airbrushing has become an exceptionally popular technique for decorating cakes. It is often considered the most ideal option for creating ombre decorations. One particular problem that individuals often find with this technique, however, is that the food coloring used in airbrush tools are expensive. This causes many people to avoid using these tools since the actual airbrush is also an expensive accessory to baking on its own.
For this reason, a lot of people would like to know if they can switch airbrush color products for gel food coloring. The opinions about this topic are controversial. Some people would never turn to gel food coloring, while others have used this particular option successfully. It does seem like gel food coloring can be used in an airbrush, but many people do find that it causes clogging. Diluting the gel does seem to make it easier. There are some individuals who recommend diluting the gel with some vodka.
Best Cake Decorating Airbrush Reviews (2020 Buyers Guide):
Final Thoughts on Buying the Best Cake Decorating Airbrush
Creative cake decorations often call for the right tools. There are many manual and less intimidating options than an airbrush. However, the airbrush, once you get the hang of it, will prove to be a really fun way to enjoy yourself creatively and artistically, while styling cakes as a hobbyist or a professional wedding cake decorator.