Commercial reach in refrigerators are crucial parts of the food industry of today. Whether you are running a small café, large restaurant, or any other commercial establishment that requires a fridge, commercial refrigerators are a key aspect that keeps your business running.
Hence, having a reach-in refrigerator in your industrial kitchen will make sure your beverages and food items are perfectly chilled, ensuring they will stay fresh for longer.
In this all-inclusive article, you will learn about commercial reach-in refrigerators available, as well as their unique features and benefits. Moreover, you can go through the buyers guide to help you decide which unit is right for your requirements.
What is the best commercial reach in refrigerator to buy in 2020? We strongly recommend the KoolMore Stainless Steel Glass Three Door Commercial Reach-In Refrigerator because of its visually appealing look and sturdy steel construction. Furthermore, the refrigerator has a very spacious interior that you can use to hold and display all your beverages and food items such as cold salads, juice bottles and grab-n-go sandwiches
We’ve researched and discovered the seven top-rated commercial reach in refrigerators, as well as one to avoid.
Reviews of the 7 Best Commercial Reach-In Refrigerator, Plus 1 to Avoid
1. KoolMore Stainless Steel Glass Three Door Commercial Reach-In Refrigerator Review
All factors considered, it’s no surprise that the KoolMore stainless steel glass three-door option is the top-rated commercial reach-in refrigerator of 2020.
This refrigerator boasts an aesthetically appealing glass door that will keep your edibles such as milk, yogurt, eggs, etc. organized and cool in the kitchen of your restaurant. Furthermore, KoolMore commercial refrigerators feature durable construction, allowing it to last a long time. It’s built with superior quality stainless steel sides that make it great to look at as well.
This KoolMore has a very airy interior that is space saving at the same time. It possesses three deep shelves (adjustable) for a maximum amount of storage space, and the shelves are designed in a way that they do not crowd the inner space of your refrigerator.
In addition, you can easily keep track of your food items and beverages, courtesy to the LED lighting and glass doors. Other special and unique features include a self-closing door, four portable casters that are easy to move around, and a digital display that you can use to control the temperature.
To watch the KoolMore Stainless Steel Glass Three Door Commercial Reach In Refrigerator Review on YouTube, click here.
- Easy to clean
- Aesthetically appealing
- Spacious interior
- Considerably expensive, so it is not your best choice if you do not have a big budget!
2. Arctic Air AGR49 2 Door Glass Reach-In Refrigerators Stainless Steel Review
When it comes to 2 door reach-in fridges, the best one out there is the Arctic Air AGR49 2 Door Glass Reach-In Refrigerator.
The refrigerator’s interior boasts a bright stainless liner along with six epoxy-coated shelves that are adjustable to easily store all of your beverages, food items, and other ingredients you want to chill. The Arctic Air AR49 reach-in refrigerator also comes equipped with a built-in heating element and condensate pan that serves to evaporate extra water.
Furthermore, courtesy to this model’s LED display and electronic thermostat; you can easily monitor the refrigerator’s operating temperatures at all times. It also features stainless steel sides and front, which enhances the refrigerator’s durability.
To watch the Arctic Air AGR49 2 Door Glass Reach-In Refrigerators Stainless Steel Review on YouTube, click here.
- Beautiful design
- Large capacity to accommodate several beverages and food items
- Easy to clean the refrigerator’s interior
- Leaks water on the floor sometimes
3. Koolmore 29″ Commercial Glass 1 Door Display Refrigerator Merchandiser Upright Beverage Cooler with LED Lighting Review
The Koolmore 29″ Commercial Glass 1 Door Display Refrigerator Merchandiser Upright Beverage Cooler with LED Lighting is ideal for displaying your beverages, food items, fresh flowers and salads.
This reach-in cooler and refrigerator has a very aesthetically appealing appearance and will fit in perfectly in any commercial setting such as a café, restaurant, store, etc.
Furthermore, its exterior is made of top-quality powder-coated steel, and the refrigerator’s single glass door is very easy to clean as well. The LED lighting also illuminates all your drinks (iced tea, cold drinks etc) and food items so you can easily identify them without opening the door of the refrigerator.
Another great thing about the Koolmore 29″ Commercial Glass 1 Door Display Refrigerator is the fact that its glass display doors are self-closing and anti-fogging, will make sure to provide maximum visibility and coolness.
You can also very easily control and monitor the temperature, owing to the external digital display that allows temperature control.
To watch the Koolmore 29″ Commercial Glass 1 Door Display Refrigerator Merchandiser Upright Beverage Cooler with LED Lighting Review on YouTube, click here.
- Very beautiful display
- Easy to clean exterior
- Space Saving
- Refrigerator is too loud sometimes
4. Dukers D55R 2-Door Commercial Refrigerator Review
If you are looking for a high performing two-door reach-in fridge to store your food items and drinks, look no further than the Dukers fridge.
One of its most special features is the 1 Horse Power compressor (heavy-duty) that is bottom mounted for superior cooling and enhanced efficiency. Furthermore, you can easily select the desired interior temperature using its digital controls. Additionally, the refrigerator has self-closing doors that free up both your hands for ease of use and extra convenience.
What’s more, this Dukers refrigerator includes eight shelves that you can adjust or remove easily for maintenance and flexibility. You can also position and move the fridge effortlessly thanks to its 4 swivel casters.
To watch the Dukers D55R 2-Door Commercial Refrigerator Review on YouTube, click here.
- Recessed door handles allow for clean styling and better ergonomics
- 1 Horse Power compressor boosts refrigerator’s efficiency
- Self closing doors are an extra convenience
- Reduced energy expenses owing to auto defrosting feature
- Rather bulky sizes makes it difficult to accommodate in small spaces
5. Procool Commercial Glass 3-Door Merchandiser Upright Reach-in Beverage Cooler Display Refrigerator Review
If you’re on the lookout for a superior three-door reach-in fridge, the Procool Commercial Glass 3-Door Merchandiser Upright Reach-in Beverage Cooler Display Refrigerator is the one you ought to buy!
The refrigerator has glass doors, which make this model look very visually pleasing. It also has strong shelves that you can easily adjust to help organize food in the spacious interior of this enormous unit. Furthermore, this Procool boasts a digital display that you can use to control the operating temperature of the appliance very easily.
Moreover, Procool Commercial Glass 3-Door Merchandiser Upright Reach-in Beverage Cooler Display Refrigerator also comes equipped with three self-closing doors and LED lighting for the interior. Therefore, you can easily keep all your food items and cold drinks well lit and organized in this refrigerator.
In addition, this model includes a self-evaporating water tray so you do not need any drain for the water.
To watch the Procool Commercial Glass 3-Door Merchandiser Upright Reach-in Beverage Cooler Display Refrigerator Review on YouTube, click here.
- Uses R290 Refrigerant which is energy efficient
- Very large capacity to easily accommodate all of your food items and beverages in any commercial environment
- LED lighting provides full and clear illumination
- Quite bulky so you can fit in easily in small spaces
6. 78″ Triple 3 Door Side By Side Stainless Steel Reach-in Commercial Refrigerator by WP Restaurant Fridges Review
Are you looking for a spacious and highly reliable three-door reach-in fridge? If that is so, it serves your best interest to opt for the WP Restaurant fridge.
The refrigerator operates on a temperature range of 33-41 degrees Fahrenheit. You can easily adjust the temperature using the LED display. Furthermore, this 78″ Triple 3 Door Side By Side Stainless Steel Reach-in Commercial Refrigerator has a 1/2 Horse Power compressor (top-mounted) that boosts the unit’s efficiency and operation. It also has an ergonomic design that offers convenience to users who need to operate it regularly in a commercial setting.
Moreover, this large 72 cubic feet refrigerator has a long lifespan, primarily owing to its top-quality stainless steel construction, which makes it highly durable.
To watch the 78″ Triple 3 Door Side By Side Stainless Steel Reach-in Commercial Refrigerator by WP Restaurant Fridges Review on YouTube, click here.
- Very spacious interior and has a lot of capacity
- High-grade stainless steel exterior boost durability
- Non-locking casters are easy to move
- Door locks tend to break quickly
7. Vortex Refrigeration Refrigerator 2 Solid Door Commercial Stainless Steel Review
This Vortex refrigerator is one of the most exceptional two door refrigerators available in the market in 2020.
This refrigerator boasts a stainless steel exterior and interior, making the appliance very durable with a longer lifespan. You can also control the temperature (the operating temperature range is 33 degrees to 41 degrees Fahrenheit) easily from the digital display. Furthermore, the Vortex Refrigeration Refrigerator has six steel shelves that are PVC coated and easy to adjust as well. To keep all your edibles safe inside, the manufacturers even included a safety door lock!
In addition, this Vortex appliance that has the capacity of 49 cubic feet makes use of the R290 Hydro Carbon Refrigerant that considerably reduces the environmental impact.
To watch the Vortex Refrigeration Refrigerator 2 Solid Door Commercial Stainless Steel Review on YouTube, click here.
- Swivel casters allow you to move the refrigerator easily
- Self-closing doors
- A powerful compressor that boosts the operation of refrigerator
- Refrigerator warranty is not applicable for residential use (it is not really the best commercial refrigerator for home!).
Avoid – Atosa Reach-in Commercial Refrigerator 22.6 Cubic Feet 28.7″ 1 Door Stainless Steel Review
Most users agree that despite its few positive qualities, the Atosa model is one of the worst options available in 2020. That is simply because you do not get your money’s worth with this particular model. It may have some plus points like the self-closing doors and powerful compressor that enhances the refrigerator’s efficiency, but overall, the cons outnumber the pros!
Hence, it would be prudent to just disregard this option. It’s in your best interest to purchase any other superior quality reach-in refrigerator model (such as those listed above).
To watch the Atosa Reach-in Commercial Refrigerator 22.6 Cubic Feet 28.7″ 1 Door Stainless Steel Review on YouTube, click here.
- Powerful compressor
- Exterior made of stainless steel which is a durable material
- The door is difficult to open
- The entire refrigerator tends to move when you open the door
- Owing to the vacuum seal, you have to wait at least 1 minute to open the door again
- The compressor is completely exposed
- Absence of glass door prevents you from seeing inside
2020 Buyers Guide to the Best Commercial Reach-In Refrigerators
After having looked at some of the best refrigeration for restaurants or any other commercial environment, you should take some very important parameters under advisement. Some of these parameters include configuration of the refrigerator door, size, and energy efficiency. In addition, you should get a model made from high-grade stainless steel as this durable material ensures a long lifespan for the refrigerator model. Moreover, if you need commercial refrigerators for a large restaurant, you might want to buy a very spacious model that easily accommodates storage space for all your beverage items and food edibles.
3 Main Points to Consider:
- Size – To get the most out of your refrigerator, you need to consider exactly how much refrigerator capacity is right for your commercial setting (such as restaurant, café, etc.). These fridges run the gamut from beverage only coolers to enormous fridges. The great news for you is that there is a broad range of options available when it comes to a refrigerator. This way, you can easily select the one that best serves your needs.
- Energy Efficiency – Another important factor to consider when purchasing a new refrigerator is the energy consumption rating or running cost. The idea is to select commercial refrigerators with an energy star rating as such units have lower power consumption in routine. You save more in the long run when you buy a model that has high-energy efficiency.
- Configuration of Refrigerator Door – Commercial doors can be glass or solid and come in half or full heights. Solid refrigerator doors are easier to clean and better insulated, whereas the glass ones enable you or your staff in the kitchen to check out the products in the refrigerator from the outside. This eliminates the needless closing and opening of the door.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Commercial refrigerators brands list:
There are numerous commercial refrigeration brands available in the market nowadays. You can find a plethora of models available to meet every need and budget. The following is a list of common brands:
- Arctic Air
- Maxx Cold
What is the best brand of commercial refrigerators overall?
There is no hard and fast answer to this question. To decide for yourself, you need to consider several factors and see how they align with your particular commercial needs. Some of these factors include refrigeration ability, storage space, energy efficiency, and compressor power, materials used to make the appliance, warranty, and so forth. Generally, users often consider the brands listed above to be the best ones available in the market.
How long do commercial refrigerators last?
Depending on how much wear and tear commercial refrigerators can bear, they have approximately a 10-year lifespan. With the right maintenance, some of the top-quality refrigerator appliances can even last for an astonishing 15 years to two decades! Hence, after purchasing a reach-in refrigerator, it serves your best interests to maintain it in a proper manner.
Can I use a commercial refrigerator in my house?
Yes, you can use commercial refrigerators in your home. Some homeowners prefer commercial refrigerators for a man cave, owing to their stainless steel, sleek appearance, enormous capacity, and glass front door.
Commercial refrigerators are especially suitable for your house if you have a big family or manage a small business from your home that entails cooking. That is because you may find yourself requiring greater storage space than what you can find in a residential/home refrigerator.
Bear in mind, however, that some manufacturers do not provide a warranty for commercial refrigerators if you use them in your home. Hence, if you purchase a refrigerator for your house kitchen, you might have to be prepared to fix it yourself or seek professional help if it breaks down in the future.
Best Commercial Reach-In Refrigerator Reviews (2020 Buyers Guide)
Final Thoughts on Buying Commercial Reach-in Refrigerators
If you do not want to get too overwhelmed by the number of reach-in refrigerator models available, you should trim the fat by finding an ideal size and reputable refrigerator brand. After that is done, consider other important factors such as storage space, energy efficiency, ease of use, etc. to find the best model that serves your business requirements perfectly.