Baking cookies is a fun activity for some and for others it can be a profession. Regardless of your intent backing with the best cookie press will allow you to create custom shapes, rather than plain round cookies. We’ve researched and discovered eight top-rated cookie press, as well as a couple you may want to avoid.
Reviews of the 8 Best Cookie Press, Plus 2 to Avoid
1. OXO Good Grips Cookie Press Disk Set Review
After looking at numerous options from the brand and on the market at the moment, we found the best OXO cookie press to be the OXO Good Grips Cookie Press with Disk Set. This is a complete kit that comes with 12 different discs that are easily inserted into the end of the cookie press to help you create various shapes when it comes to baking delicious cookies. The kit also includes a convenient storage case, giving you the ability to store the discs when they are not in use safely. The press features a non-slip design to allow for steady dispensing of the cookie dough, while the lever has been designed with ease-of-use in mind. In addition to the main kit, the company also offer three different disk sets that can be purchased separately.
To watch the OXO Good Grips Cookie Press Disk Set Review on YouTube, click here.
2. Marcato Made In Italy Atlas Deluxe Biscuit Maker Cookie Press Review
If you are looking for the best Marcato cookie press, then you should definitely take a look at the Marcato Atlas Deluxe Biscuit Maker Press. This is one of the most attractive cookie presses that we have seen. The product is made in Italy, which means it has been manufactured with some of the highest quality materials out there. The result is an effective cookie press that is durable and will last for several years. The cookie press is available in various colors, including black, copper, green, and pink. A silver option is also available. In addition to the main cookie press that is included with the purchase, this product also comes with 20 discs that have been made from heavy-duty materials.
To watch the Marcato Made In Italy Atlas Deluxe Biscuit Maker Cookie Press Review on YouTube, click here.
3. Cookie Press Kit by DKSTKitchen Review
We looked at various options on the market and found the best professional cookie press to be the Cookie Press Kit by DKSTKitchen. This is a truly remarkable product that is made from a high-quality, heavy-duty stainless-steel material. The tube is made from glass to ensure you can easily see how much cookie dough is left in the press. The design of this cookie press was recently upgraded to allow 25% more cookie dough to be placed inside of the dispenser. Apart from including the cookie press, the kit also comes with 25 different discs, including several “seasonal themed” options, to ensure you have the right shapes for any occasion. The kit also comes with a useful storage unit, as well as a list of cookie recipes.
To watch the Cookie Press Kit by DKSTKitchen Review on YouTube, click here.
4. Kuhn Rikon Clear Cookie Press Review
Even though the Kuhn Rikon Clear Cookie Press was not specifically made for cheese, we did find that this is probably the best cookie press for cheese straws that you are going to find on the market right now. This is a complete kit that offers you the actual cookie press, as well as additional accessories, such as 14 steel disks that are unique to the kit. The cookie press is available in both a clear color and a red color. Apart from including various steel disks, the kit also comes with six nozzles that can be used for icing and decorations. This kit also includes a storage box.
To watch the Kuhn Rikon Clear Cookie Press Review on YouTube, click here.
5. Wilton Comfort Grip Cookie Press by Wilton Review
According to all the research we have done, the Wilton Comfort Grip Cookie Press is the best Wilton cookie press that is on the market. The cookie press measures 22cm in height and provides adequate space for cookie dough to ensure you do not have to refill while preparing your cookies continuously. This is also a complete kit that comes with 12 different discs. The discs in this kit are all made from a high-quality plastic material. There are many different types of discs included, including ones that represent certain occasions throughout the year, such as Halloween and Christmas. This particular cookie press has been designed to be easy to clean – it cannot, however, be placed in the dishwasher.
To watch the Wilton Comfort Grip Cookie Press by Wilton Review on YouTube, click here.
6. Best Professional Cookie Press Kit with 13 Metal Stainless Steel Cookie Press Discs and 8 Icing Tips Review
If you are looking to bake cookies for more than just a few friends, then you may want to consider looking at the best professional electric cookie press or simply a professional option that will last for a considerably longer time, even with frequent use. The Super Kitchen Professional Cookie Press Kit might be the perfect option for you. This kit comes with quite a large number of accessories, including a cookie press that has been designed with your convenience in mind. The kit includes a storage box, as well as a total of 13 stainless steel discs that will make it quick and easy to bake cookies in various shapes. Additionally, the kit also includes eight icing nozzles for quickly and easily decorating cakes and cupcakes.
To watch the Best Professional Cookie Press Kit with 13 Metal Stainless Steel Cookie Press Discs and 8 Icing Tips Review on YouTube, click here.
7. Cookie Press Good Grips Cookie Press Storage Case by HGHMLIFE Review
The Cookie Press Good Grips Cookie Press by the HGHMLIFE brand is another excellent option for anyone looking to buy a press that will offer them with an easy and convenient way to make cookies, without breaking the bank, of course. This kit includes a cookie press that has been designed in such a way to offer you a better and more comfortable grip while dispensing your cookie dough onto a baking sheet. It also comes with many additional accessories, such as 16 different discs – made from durable plastic. Several icing tips are also included to help you decorate baked goodies.
To watch the Cookie Press Good Grips Cookie Press Storage Case by HGHMLIFE Review on YouTube, click here.
8. Cuisinart CTG-00-CP Cookie Press with 18 Discs and 6 Decorating Tips Review
And finally, the best cookie press of 2022, after doing a lot of research and testing, would be the Cuisinart CTG-00-CP Cookie Press. This kit offers you true value and comes with everything you need to make cookies at any time – and everyone will be impressed by the different creative shapes that your cookies are in. This cookie press includes more shapes than most other kits – a total of 18 discs are included to ensure you have many different cookie shapes to choose from while baking. The kit also includes six tips that can be used to making icing a breeze.
To watch the Cuisinart CTG-00-CP Cookie Press with 18 Discs and 6 Decorating Tips Review on YouTube, click here.
Avoid – Bakers Secret Cookie Cutter Set Review
We have introduced you to the top options on the market when it comes to buying cookie presses, but now we want to look at the worst cookie press on the market. After we did our research, we found the Baker’s Secret Cookie Cutter Set to be a particularly bad choice. This is probably one of the cheapest options you will find – for a very good reason. The materials used in this press are not durable or high-quality. It also seems like the discs do not provide as accurately shaped cookies as compared to the options on the market that comes with stainless steel discs.
To watch the Bakers Secret Cookie Cutter Set Review on YouTube, click here.
Avoid – Stainless Steel Cookie Press Gun with Easy Grip Trigger Handle by Saken Review
If you want to make perfect cookies, then we suggest you also avoid this cookie press. The Saken Stainless Steel Cookie Press Gun does come with an easy grip feature and a couple of discs to help you create different cookie shapes, but the overall quality and design are not up to standard with the other options we have included in this review post. The discs also seem to be much thinner than competing kits on the market, and the holes that have been cut into them are not perfectly smooth. This can lead to cookies that do not come out as you might expect them to – you should expect a lot of deformed cookies when you do decide to opt for this cookie press.
To watch the Stainless Steel Cookie Press Gun with Easy Grip Trigger Handle by Saken Review on YouTube, click here.
2022 Buyers Guide to the Best Cookie Press
There are hundreds of different cookie presses on the market, which can make it very difficult to find the right one for you. Below, you will find a couple of points that we consider important when it comes to buying one of these essential cookie baking accessories – including its quality, the included accessories and, of course, its price.
3 Main Points to Consider
- Quality: The very first factor that you should look at when you want to buy a cookie press is the quality of the product. Cookie presses are made differently – some are made of plastic, while others use a combination of steel and plastic. Ultimately, consider the type of material that was used to construct the cookie press, as well as how it has been constructed. Look at all the different pieces that fit together to make the cookie press. This especially holds true for the top handle of the press, which is used to push a tube down the press in order to push out the cookie dough that you have added.
- Accessories: You should also look at the different accessories that come with the purchase of the cookie press you might be interested in. Some of these presses come with larger varieties of accessories, while others only include a couple of accessories that will significantly restrict your ability to create different shaped cookies. For example, while some of these cooking components will include a handful of disks that are attached to the end of the press to create various shapes for your cookies, others will come with a much larger variety of discs, as well as front nozzles that will also enable you to use the press for other purposes – such as for applying icing to your cookies or to cupcakes.
- Price: Another important point that we want you to focus on when shopping for that perfect cookie press is the price. These components tend to vary significantly in price. You will be able to pick one up for under $10 if you do your research, but then there will be options that may cost you over $50 for a kit. Here, you should not only consider how much you are expected to pay for the cookie press, but also consider the overall value of the press. For example, it might seem like a good idea to buy one of these accessories at the price of $20, but this may not include any additional discs that would allow you to be created. Adding another $10, however, could give you a more valuable offer by including a storage unit, as well as multiple discs and nozzles.
What is a cookie press used for?
One of the great parts about baking cookies is the fact that you can explore with the shape you want your cookies to come out in. To shape cookies, you can either manually use your hands to do the sculpting, but this is extremely difficult and usually does not yield in the results you expected. There are two other options: a cookie cutter and a cookie press. While a cookie cutter would require additional steps – such as to roll out the cookie dough (resisting the temptation to eat it raw) – a cookie press provides a convenient way to shape your cookies, by simply placing the cookie dough in the device and pushing the top trigger. This will cause the cookie dough to be slowly squeezed out at the bottom of the cookie press, where a disc has been installed to help shape the cookie the way you want it to be shaped.
Best Cookie Press Reviews (2022 Buyers Guide):
Final Thoughts on Finding the Best Cookie Press
When you are planning to bake cookies, one of the biggest challenges is usually getting them into the perfect shape. By buying the best cookie press of 2022, you will give yourself an opportunity to bake cookies in many different shapes – and be able to proudly present your cookies to guests, to your family or even at a party.