Not everyone likes their corn to remain on the cob, but cutting corn off can take time. This is why having the best corn cob peeler of 2019 is a convenient handheld appliance to have in your kitchen. Whether it’s for a summer BBQ or a family dinner any time of year, a corn stripper will keep the corn from the cob out of your teeth and on to your plate. We’ve researched and discovered the nine top-rated corn cob peelers, as well as the worst two to avoid.
Reviews of the 9 Best Corn Cub Peeler, Plus the 2 Worst to Avoid
1. Kuhn Rikon Corn Zipper Review
After testing a couple of different options, we found the Kuhn Rikon Corn Zipper to be the best corn cob peeler of 2019. This option features a specially designed corn zipper, which easily cleans off a cob without any effort. The blade is made from stainless steel material to prevent rusting, as well as to ensure it is sharp enough to cut through the corn without getting stuck easily. The handle is made from high-quality plastic to ensure the tool is durable and will not easily break while it is being used. The peeler has been designed to be a safer option as compared to a sharp knife and also comes with a special cover that is placed on the top of the cutter to ensure safety during storage.
2. Chef n Cob Corn Stripper Review
We found the best corn cob kernel remover on the market to be the Chef n Cob Corn Stripper. This option features a unique design that is different from the usual corn cutters that you might be used to. Instead of featuring a “peeler” design, the cutter rather offers a hollow circular shape. The corn cob is pushed through the cutter, which will then cut off all corn on a cob” rel=”noopener” target=”_blank”>corn from the cob. This is a relatively affordable option considering the fact that the pack comes with two of these corn strippers, although a single option is also available. The inside of the cutter features a stainless steel blade to ensure easy cutting, while also preventing easy rusting.
3. Pampered Chef Corn Kernel Cutter Review
If you are looking for the best corn cob cutter tool that will fit perfectly into your hand, then the Pampered Chef Corn Kernel Cutter is definitely an option you should take into consideration. While this corn peeler is somewhat more expensive than other options on the market, it features a more sturdy and durable design that will give you a better overall performance. The blades feature a curved design and are made from high-quality stainless steel. This ensures the cutter is durable. This tool is dishwasher safe, which means there is no need to clean it after every use manually. In addition to the stainless steel blades, the cutter also features a special plastic cover that makes it easy to remove the corn husks.
4. Stainless Steel Serrated Blade with Non-Slip Grip Corn Cutter Review
While this may not be the best electric corn cutter on the market, due to its manual operation, it is definitely one of the best stainless steel cutters you will find. The blades are made from 18/8 stainless steel and can be placed in the dishwasher. The overall design was developed to ensure the peeler is safer than a knife, as well as sharper, leading to a faster and much more convenient operation. Stainless Steel Serrated Blade with Non-Slip Grip Corn Cutter is easy to use the cutter and is able to cut off more rows at a time than many of the alternative options out there. The peeler also comes with a unique warranty, further adding to its overall value.
5. LJDJ Cob Corn Stripper Tool Review
The LJDJ Cob Corn Stripper Tool is definitely the best corn cutter machine if you are looking for an option that is safer than a regular peeler and easy to use. The cutter has been designed to allow a corn cob to be placed inside of it and is then moved throughout the length of the corn. This will split the kernel and the corn, leaving behind corn that can be used in salads, or served up fresh. This is one of the more affordable options on the market, and each pack comes with three of the cutters. There are different colors available, including green, pink and yellow.
6. Kuhn Rikon 10-inch Bubble Whisk with Stainless Steel Handle Review
The Kuhn Rikon 10-inch Bubble Whisk with Stainless Steel Handle is made from durable materials and offers a unique design that allows for a more convenient experience while cutting corn from a cob. Hundreds of people have attested to the fact that this is one of the easier options on the market. While not the cheapest, its quality is superior to many other peelers that you will find on the market today. The tool has been designed to offer a “zip cutting experience,” cutting away multiple rows of corn simultaneously with each “zip.” The blades have been designed to be sharp, allowing for easy, risk-free corn cutting.
7. Norpro Wood Corn Cutter and Creamer Review
When it comes to looking at corn peelers, the Norpro Wood Corn Cutter and Creamer might be one of the most unique options that you will come across. This peeler is different from all the other ones we have decided to include in our list. It is made from a high-quality wooden material and features a stainless steel blade in the center. It has been designed in such a way to ensure smooth cutting of corn. The cutter is not dishwasher safe and should rather be washed manually by hand. The blade can be adjusted in several ways to achieve different results, depending on what you are planning to do with the corn.
8. OXO Good Grips Corn Peeler Review
If you are a fan of the OXO brand, then the best OXO corn peeler you will find is the OXO Good Grips Corn Peeler. As the name suggests, the primary aim of this cutter is to provide the user with a better grip than competitor tools. The peeler is lightweight and compact. It is easy to hold onto, and the handle’s unique design will allow for a much better overall grip. The blade has also been placed in such a way to protect the user’s hands while the tool is in use. The OXO Good Grips Corn Peeler can be placed in a dishwasher.
9. Sweet Corn Cutter Corn Shucker Review
The Sweet Corn Cutter Corn Shucker from the KingGHono brand is the best sweet corn cutter machine you’ll find when looking for an option that is safer and more convenient than the previous ones we have listed. This device is also quite unique. Instead of providing a regular “peeling” experience, it features an internal storage compartment that will catch the corn that is cut from the cob. The machine is incredibly easy to use – you simply swipe it over the cob, and it will cut and collect the corn for you. This corn cutter is easy to clean as well, as it is simply flushed out with some water.
Avoid – Southern Homewares Corn Peeler Stripper One Step Corn Cob Shaving Threshing Kitchen Tool Review
If you are looking for a quality product that will not disappoint you, then try to avoid this corn cob peeler. The Southern Homewares Corn Peeler Stripper One Step Corn Cob Shaving Threshing Kitchen Tool is known not to be one of the better options on the market. While it does offer some useful features, such as a storage unit that catches the corn, we found that it does not cut as smoothly or easily as alternative options. The corn cob cutter features a donut design, which is also not the easiest to hold on to while cutting the corn.
Avoid – Deluxe Corn Stripper with Stainless Steel Blades and Hand Protector Review
After careful consideration, we found the worst corn cob peeler on the market to be the Deluxe Corn Stripper with Stainless Steel Blades and Hand Protector from the Mooshion brand. It might seem like a good option when you shop for the peeler, but once you start using it, you will quickly notice that the blade frequently get stuck in the corn and it does not cut as easily as the manufacturer says it does. The peeler does come with a protector that can be placed on the blade-part of the tool, avoiding injuries while it is being stored away in a cupboard.
2019 Buyers Guide to the Best Corn Cob Peeler
There is a couple of factors that you should consider when buying a corn cob peeler. By taking these tips below into account, you will be able to buy a peeler that is more suited to your needs, while also ensuring your safety is a priority while cutting corn. Let’s take a look at these factors that need to be considered.
3 Main Factors to Consider
- Handle: One of the first factors you should take a look at when you are interested in buying one of these peelers is its handle. These tools have different shapes and sizes, and they are handled in different ways. If the peeler you would like to buy does not offer a good grip, along with a handle that is long enough for you to hold on to it while cutting your corn, then there would always be a risk of the corn cob peeler slipping. Even though they are usually made to be less dangerous than knives, accidents can still happen when they slip out of your hand – or when your hand slips over them. A handle with a good rubber grip is preferable as this would allow you to hold on to the tool while cutting.
- Materials: It is also important to consider the materials used in the peeler you might be interested in. Cheaper options on the market are often made from less durable materials and have a design that will cause it to break easily. This is certainly a negative trait that you would want to avoid – you do not want your peeler to break apart while you are cutting corn from a cob. Do not only look at the materials used in the overall construction, such as in the handle, but also consider what type of materials were used in the blade. A stainless-steel option will give you better overall performance, along with a sharp option for easier cutting.
- Safety: The safety features of the peeler should also be an important factor to you. Some of these tools do not offer any type of safety features, such as a good grip. This can lead to hazardous consequences if something goes wrong while cutting the corn. Try to opt for a peeler that explicitly lists its safety features. This will give you a good idea of how the tool will protect you in case it slips, or something else happens. Some corn cob cutters also come with protective covers for the sharp end of the accessory – this will add further protection while the cutter is not in use.
What’s the purpose of a corn cob peeler?
A lot of people enjoy eating corn from a cob, but this is not the ideal way of eating this food for everyone. Many people prefer their corn to be loose, which is where a corn cob peeler comes in handy. These tools have been designed to make peeling corn easier, faster, more convenient and safer. Using a regular knife can be time-consuming and often prove to be difficult. Additionally, a regular knife can also be a dangerous option – when the knife slips, you can easily cut yourself. Corn cob peelers have been designed with these factors in mind, giving you a peeler that not only cuts off corn quickly but also ensures that even if the tool slips, you are less likely to get cut as compared to using a knife.
✅ Corn Cutter: Reviews of the 9 Best Corn Cub Peeler, Plus the 2 Worst to Avoid ❎:
Final Thoughts on Buying the Best Corn Cob Peeler
Corn cob peelers are very useful in the kitchen. They allow you to quickly cut the corn from its cob to enjoy as sweet corn, to add to salads and salsas, or maybe as dried corn using a food dehydrator. Choosing the best corn cob peeler of 2019 is important, however, as some of them may pose as safety hazards or break easily. We have outlined some of the top choices on the market to make the process of deciding on such a tool easier for our readers.