When you have completed a process of brewing up your favorite batch of craft beer, the next step is often to bottle the beer. Unfortunately, this can be quite a complicated process, but with the best counter pressure bottle filler of 2022, things can easily become much easier, more convenient, and you can avoid temperature regulations and foam spilling everywhere.
We understand how complex the process of buying the right counter pressure bottle filler can be. This is why we decided to take a closer look at the many options that you will have to filter through if you are looking to buy a good one that will truly make bottling beer better.
We’ve researched and discovered the five top-rated counter pressure bottle filler, as well as one to avoid.
Reviews of the 5 Best Counter Pressure Bottle Filler, Plus 1 to Avoid
1. WilliamsWarn Counter Pressure Bottle Filler Review
We’ve scoured the market in order to bring you the best counter pressure bottle filler of 2022. Coming in at number one is the WilliamsWarn Counter Pressure Bottle Filler. It is a great option if you are looking for a portable bottle filler that you do not have to install at a fixed location. The product is not the cheapest on the market, but if you are looking for a high-quality bottle filler that will give you excellent performance for a significant period of time without going faulty, then this might be the one for you. The WilliamsWarn Counter Pressure Bottle Filler can fill bottles from a five-gallon keg within as little as half an hour. The bottle filter comes with an adjustable height system that ensures you can adjust the bottle filler according to the height of the bottles that you are using.
To watch the WilliamsWarn Counter Pressure Bottle Filler Review on YouTube, click here.
2. OneBom Counter Pressure Bottle Filler Review
Next up we have the best table top counter pressure bottle filler for those who are on a very small budget but would still like to buy a product that will help to preserve the flavor and carbonation of the beer that you are transferring. This product offers an opportunity to help you save money. While this is essentially a counter pressure bottle filler, it should be noted that this particular product does offer similar features to a beer gun. The OneBom Counter Pressure Bottle Filler is made with 304 stainless steel material for better durability and performance. The device features a ¼” barb-connect and tubing system.
To watch the OneBom Counter Pressure Bottle Filler Review on YouTube, click here.
3. YaeBrew Counter Pressure Bottle Filler Review
The YaeBrew Counter Pressure Bottle Filler is another great option for anyone looking to buy the best counter pressure bottle filler machine that is available on the market at a lower budget. This particular option is also shaped in a similar way as a standard beer gun but comes with added functionality that helps to avoid the loss of carbonation during transferring of the beer. The product features a handheld operation. The pressure relief system can be adjusted according to your specific requirements. This particular pressure bottle filler is also made from 304 stainless steel, which means it is sturdy, sanitary, and resistant to scratches, rust, and corrosion.
To watch the YaeBrew Counter Pressure Bottle Filler Review on YouTube, click here.
4. Eagle KEG804 Deluxe Counter Pressure Bottle Filler Review
The best beer bottle filler that offers a minimal design structure at a reasonable price is the Eagle KEG804 Deluxe Counter Pressure Bottle Filler. The bottle filler can also be held in one hand. It does not take up much space and is exceptionally portable to help avoid finding it difficult to move it from one location to another. The product is available in a silver color and has a built-in adjustable regular that can be used to set the pressure to a specific level that best suits your operation. If you are filling smaller bottles, for example, you may wish to reduce the pressure of the system.
To watch the Eagle KEG804 Deluxe Counter Pressure Bottle Filler Review on YouTube, click here.
5. Deluxe Counter Pressure Bottle Filler Review
The last option on our list is another great option for those looking to buy the best beer bottle filler for homebrewing. The Deluxe Counter Pressure Bottle Filler by the Homebrewers Outpost brand is affordable and is made from quality materials that help to prolong its lifespan, even with extended use. The adjustable valve ensures the beer will be transferred at an appropriate pressure level. The Deluxe Counter Pressure Bottle Filler was designed to preserve the carbonation level of the beer, which preserves the quality and flavor. The product is held in your one hand while filling up your beer bottles and is portable enough to be easily moved around the house, and stored away when not in use.
To watch the Deluxe Counter Pressure Bottle Filler Review on YouTube, click here.
Avoid – Counter Pressure Bottle Filler – Homebrewers Outpost Review
The options that we have listed thus far have provided you an overview of the best options you can choose from. Now, let’s take a quick moment in order to consider one of the worst counter pressure bottle filler on the market. The Homebrewers Outpost Counter Pressure Bottle Filler is one of those options that are available at a low price, but then ends up disappointing as the quality of the product is insufficient. The product is available for just under $80 and comes with only a very basic setup for providing a way to transfer your beer from a keg toward bottles.
The Homebrewers Outpost Counter Pressure Bottle Filler is a handheld only option that does not mount anywhere as with some alternative options, which means you will always have to ensure one of your hands is free in order to use the product. While this bottle filler is promoted not to lose carbonation, it does seem like some carbonation is sometimes lost.
To watch the Counter Pressure Bottle Filler – Homebrewers Outpost Review on YouTube, click here.
2022 Buyers Guide to the Best Counter Pressure Bottle Filler:
A lot of homebrewers want to start using a counter pressure bottle filler in order to bottle their beer, but when they start looking at the options that are available to them, they become confused. There truly are a lot of different ones on the market, and this can make things very difficult when it comes to choosing only one of these that need to be chosen.
This is why we delved into all of these and took a close look at what each of them has to offer. We also noticed that there are some specific features that help us filter through the options and get to those that are truly worth the money. Below, we will share some of these points with you that should be taken into account when looking at the most appropriate counter pressure bottle filler to buy.
3 Main Points to Consider:
- Portability: We found that portability of these counter pressure bottle fillers is an especially important factor for most people who are brewing their own beer at home. Thus, it would be a good idea to start out by looking at how portable a particular option is that you might want to buy. Counter pressure beer fillers really do come in a large variety of sizes, and if you end up buying one that is exceptionally large, you might have to place it at a fixed location and then have your entire homebrew operation there. When you opt for a portable one, however, then things become much easier. You will be able to easily move the bottle filler from one location to another location without much effort. With this in mind, you can easily combine this with a more portable keg or an operation that you do not always conduct in the same location. If you do opt for a larger bottle filler that is not as portable, you also have to take into account that the product will take up more space. This can be troublesome if you have your keg installed in a location where you do not have a significant amount of space available. You would want something portable that you can attach to the keg and then, later on, remove and store for usage in the future.
- Features: Consider the features that a particular counter pressure bottle filler offers you as an important factor as well. Sure, the overall functionality of these products does seem pretty simple – they are used to extract beer from a keg and then to push the beer into a bottle. Even though this process may sound simple, there is a lot more going on behind the scenes. Beer needs to be transferred from the keg toward the bottle under specific circumstances. For example, if you do not ensure that appropriate features are available in the particular pressure bottle filler you want to buy, then you might end up with a bottle filler that causes carbonation to be lost during the transferral, or temperature regulation will not be appropriate. With these factors in mind, it means that a bottle filler can have a significant impact on how the beer will taste after it has been transferred to the bottle. For this reason, be sure that the particular option that you want to opt for can effectively secure the carbonation of the beer while transferring the liquid from the keg toward the bottle. It is also important to consider how fast the bottle filler is able to fill your bottles with beer. Some of these products can quickly transfer beer without losing any quality, but there are some options out there that are very slow.
- Quality: Another factor that we recommend you look at when you want to buy a bottle filler for transferring and bottling your beer is the quality of the bottle filler that you are interested in. There are many options out there and simply opting for the one that is the most expensive one available will not guarantee that you are buying a bottle filler that will last you a significant period of time or will give you the best performance out of all the options that you can choose from. Take a closer look at the technical specifications of the bottle filler you wish to buy. Be sure to take into account the material that the product is made of. When it comes to dispensing and transferring beer, stainless steel is often the material of choice. Stainless steel is a more sanitary material as the chances of scratches occurring and bacteria thriving in these scratches is virtually zero. Stainless steel is also a quality material, which essentially means it will last longer when it comes to durability and longevity. Take into account the overall structure of the counter pressure bottle filler as well. Make sure that it seems sturdy before you make a decision to buy the product or not. This will ensure that you do not buy a product that will simply waste the money that you pay for the device. A poor quality alternative will also mean you will have to start looking at a replacement soon, most likely.
What is a counter pressure bottle filler?
After a batch of beer has been brewed, you will likely have the beer stored in a keg. Within the keg, you will keep the beer cold so that it is ready to serve and do not lose any of its quality – let’s face it, no one wants to drink warm beer.
Now, for many people, keeping the beer in the keg is not considered a pleasant experience. They want the beer to be readily available whenever they are feeling like having a beer – and this is exactly where a counter pressure bottle filler comes in.
A counter pressure bottle filler uses pressure in order to transfer beer from a keg into bottles. The system is relatively easy to use, and if you ensure you buy a high-quality option, then you will be able to transfer beer from keg to bottle without losing any of the beer’s quality and with the ability to perfectly preserve the taste and authenticity of your craft beer.
These devices are usually placed on the top of a counter and then connected to the keg. They are relatively portable in most cases, but larger options are also available. The large bottle fillers, however, are most often used in commercial settings where a significant number of beer bottles need to be filled in a short period of time.
How is a counter pressure bottle filler used in homebrewing?
As mentioned before, a counter pressure bottle filler is mainly used to transfer your beer from a keg into bottles. This is a crucial step that needs to be taken if you wish to preserve the quality of the beer that you have spent so hard brewing.
The operation of a counter pressure bottle filler is relatively simple, but it is important to follow appropriate procedures to avoid spilling, as well as to ensure that no carbonation is lost while you are transferring your beer.
To use a bottle filler, the device is usually placed close to the keg where the beer is being stored in. The bottle filler is then connected to the keg through a special system. The keg should be an appropriately pressurized system and be compatible with the specific bottle filler that you have decided to purchase – this is important as incompatible units will not allow for beer to flow through toward the bottle without any complications.
Once the bottle filler is connected, a bottle is connected to the appropriate location on the bottle filler. The device is then activated, and beer will start to flow through from the keg toward the bottle. After the bottle is filled, it is removed, and the next bottle is then usually attached to the filler, the process is then repeated.
What are the differences between a counter pressure bottle filler vs. a beer gun?
When it comes to bottling beer after you have brewed up a batch and stored your brew in a keg, there are two common ways to go about the process. You can either decide to use a counter pressure bottle filler or rather opt for a beer gun.
Both of these have their conveniences that need to be taken into account, as well as a few particular drawbacks that need to be weighed against the pros. Some people also have their personal preferences – while one homebrewer might find it better to fill their beer bottles using a beer gun, others prefer the use of a counter pressure bottle filler instead.
Generally, a beer gun is considered the easier option here. You have a “gun” that you hold in your hand, point into the bottle, and you press a button to start dispensing the beer into the bottle.
Unfortunately, carbonation can be easily lost when using a beer gun. This is the case because no suction system is in place that can be used to avoid carbonation escaping. Temperature regulation is usually also not built into the beer guns, but some of the counter pressure bottle fillers on the market can help to avoid a significant alteration in temperature while the beer is being transferred.
Best Counter Pressure Bottle Filler (2022 Buyers Guide):
Final Thoughts on Buying the Best Counter Pressure Bottle Filler:
When you buy the best counter pressure bottle filler of 2022, you can be sure that this relatively compact device will make the process of bottling your freshly brewed beer a more convenient experience. It can be difficult to bottle your beer without the use of a device like these – and keeping all of your beer in a keg somewhere in the house can be a little inconvenient.
After we looked at some top-rated options that are out there on the market, we were able to come up with the best ones that you should consider, which we shared in this post. Now, simply take a look at the five we have listed and see which one best fits the budget you have set aside, as well as the specific requirements that need to be met in terms of your existing homebrew system.