Our experts have researched and reviewed the five best electronic water dsdfdfdf. We’ll explain how descalers work to remove scale buildup and create healthier water so you can find the ideal fit for your home.
Quick Comparison Of Our Favorites
Works on any level of water hardness
1 Year money back guarantee
Innovative LED operating status display
Uses more effective flat wire rather than cable
Easy 10 minute installation
Highly energy efficient
In today’s world, it is more important than ever to maintain a clean and healthy water supply. Not only is unclean water danger to our health, but it can also lead to costly repairs down the road. That’s why electronic water descalers have become so popular in recent years. A descaler uses electrical current to remove lime scale and other deposits from your water pipes, which can improve the quality of your water and extend the life of your plumbing.
There are a lot of descalers on the market, so it can be tough to know which one is right for you. That’s why we’ve put together this list of the best electronic water descalers of 2022. We’ve considered factors like price, performance, and customer satisfaction to come up with a list of descalers that will meet your needs.
🏆 Best Electronic Water Descaler
- Best Overall: Yarna Capacitive Electronic Water Descaler Learn More
- Runner Up: iSpring ED2000S Whole House Water Descaler Learn More
- Best Value: Eddy Electronic Water Descaler Learn More
- Best Large Home Option: Scalewatcher 3-Star Electronic Descaler Learn More
- Best Budget: HQUA S350 Whole House Electronic Water Descaler Learn More
Top 5 Best Water Descaler Reviews For 2022
The Yarna Capacitive Electronic Water Descaler is a hi-tech system designed to be a whole house treatment solution. The system uses capacitive electric impulses generated by an electronic unit to descale the pipes and appliances, reducing the negative effects of hard water. The easy, clean installation makes it a great choice for homeowners and small businesses alike.
A key differentiator of the Yarna is that it works with any water hardness level. Unlike many competitors, the Yarna has no max hardness limit making it perfect for well water and extra hard water conditions. And the Yarna works with any pipe type up to 1” thick, whether iron, copper, stainless steel, plastic, PVC, and PEX.
Because the system doesn’t remove any of the minerals that are actually good for our bodies, you can rest assured that your water will be healthy and safe to drink while improving skin and hair. Best of all, the Yarna CWD24 comes with a risk-free 365-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it out completely risk-free.
Whether you’re a homeowner or a small business owner, the Yarna Capacitive Electronic Water Descaler is a great choice for descaling your water. The easy installation and low maintenance make it a popular choice, and the reasonable price point makes it our top choice for electronic descalers.
- Designed for whole-house water treatment
- No max water hardness limit
- Risk-free 365 day money back guarantee
- Easy installation in less than 15 minutes
- Works on any pipe
- Slightly higher price than some more simple descaler models
Scale deposits can cause a lot of problems in your home. They can damage pipes and lead to decreased water pressure. If you’re looking for a reliable way to descale your entire water system at a low price point, the iSpring ED2000S Whole House Water Descaler is a great option.
The ED2000S features a next generation breathing LED to display its operating status.With the upgraded flat wire, the ED2000S is more effective and easier to attach to your piping.
The iSpring descaler does not change the chemistry of water like salt water softeners, but it keeps the healthy minerals in your water. The iSpring uses electromagnetic technology to prevent scale from forming and allows the existing scale to break down. It’s salt-free, chemical-free, and requires no maintenance. This is great for individuals on salt-restricted diets and those looking for healthier hair and skin.
And because it reduces energy consumption, the iSpring ED2000S has an average one year payback period. Plus, the iSpring does not require any plumbing modifications and can be installed in under 10 minutes. It works on any copper pipe, PVS, and even PEX. Most importantly, the iSprings ED2000S comes with a one year warranty and lifetime tech support from iSpring.
- One of the least expensive descaler options
- Innovative LED operating status display
- Does not require any plumbing modification
- Uses more effective flat wire rather than cable
- If the iron level is higher than 0.3 ppm it may impact performance
If you’re looking for an alternative to a water softener, the Eddy Electronic Water Descaler is a great option. It emulates softened water without actually changing the hardness of your water supply and retaining the healthy minerals.
This means that you’ll still be able to enjoy all the benefits of soft water, without having to worry about adding salt and chemicals to your water softening system. The Eddy Electronic Water Descaler is also made in Britain and comes with a 12-month money-back guarantee. So, if you’re not completely satisfied with the product, you can return it for a full refund.
Furthermore, the Eddy Electronic Water Descaler is an easy-to-use and environmentally friendly device that helps to prevent the build-up of limescale in your water pipes and dissolve existing deposits. And because it doesn’t use any chemicals or salt, it’s safe for both your skin and hair.
This maintenance-free system is easy to install on metal or plastic pipes, and it is safe for use on entire water systems. It’s highly effective, with users reporting great results at hardness levels up to and above 20 gpg. Consider the Eddy if you’re looking for an eco-friendly and effective way to descale your water at an affordable price.
- Emulates softened water without the need for salt or chemicals
- 12-month money-back guarantee and lifetime repair or replace warranty
- Easy 10 minute installation
- Environmentally friendly
- Works best for water hardness of 20 gpp or lower
Looking for a way to extend the life of your faucets and appliances? Tired of itchy skin caused by hard water? Scalewatcher has the perfect solution – the Scalewatcher 3-Star Electronic Water Softener Conditioner. This device works on any pipes, including copper, lead, steel, PEX, and PVC, and eliminates scale on faucets and shower heads.
Getting rid of hard water has never been easier with the Scalewatcher 3 Star Electronic Water Softener Conditioner. You don’t need salt or chemicals and it is super easy to install, with no maintenance required, which makes it one the best electronic water descaler systems available.
Its tiny power consumption will save you money on your energy bill, and you’ll notice a difference in your water immediately. It will feel softer and you’ll see reduction in even existing scum build-up in your sinks and showers.
This Scalewatcher uses electromagnetic waves to effect the crystallization growth in water, improving water flow and extending the life of your appliances. The greatest thing is that this process does not remove or add anything to the water. Your water remains chemically unaltered yet retains the healthy minerals and great taste. You also can have peace of mind with a 10 year warranty and 1 year performance guarantee.
- Softens 50 GPG of hardness
- Extends the life of your water heater, filters, and faucets
- Works on any pipe including copper, PEX, and PVC
- Easy install and maintenance
- Comparatively expensive
The HQUA S350E Electronic Water Descaler is one of the best options to not only prevent the build-up of limescale in your home, but also remove existing scale too. Limescale causes the blocking, rust accumulation, and corrosion that damages your appliances and makes them less efficient.
The HQUA S350E uses a process called electrolysis to break down the limescale into smaller particles to make for faster cleaning and avoid costly repairs. The secret is in the antenna cable bands that have better performance because of a larger working area as compared to the regular wires found in most other models.
The innovative digital display on the S350E visualizes the electric waves. It comes with 3 pre-set modes: soft, normal, strong, depending on the level of your water hardness.
The HQUA is also easy to install and requires no maintenance. Most DIY folks can install the system in under 10 mins. The best part, no more salt, no chemical additives into your water, and no PH changes compared to traditional water softeners. The total maintenance cost is only about $1 per year.
The descaler is compatible with both 1-inch and 1-1/2-inch pipes. It also has a maximum water hardness of 25 grains per gallon. If you are not satisfied with the performance at any time in 1 year after your purchase, get a 100% money back guarantee.
- Prevents the build-up of limescale and removes existing scale with no chemicals
- Uses new antenna cable bands for superior performance
- Very cost-effective and eco friendly
- 10 minute installation
- May not be suitable for very hard water above 25 gpg
Electronic Water Descaler Buyer’s Guide: Key Factors
If you are looking to purchase a new electronic water descaler, we will cover all the key decision-making factors you need to know below.
How Do Electronic Water Descalers Work?
Electronic water descaler conditioner work by using a process called electrolysis to break down the molecules of limescale. This prevents the lime scale from building up and causing problems. The electronic water descaler installs in under 20 minutes and requires no maintenance. Simply mount the unit to the wall or pipe, and wrap the descaler cables around your water source pipe, then plug the unit in – that’s it! They also require very little energy usage so it will save you money on energy bills, cleaning and repairing your appliances.
Let’s break it down:
- Hard water contains high levels of calcium and magnesium.
- These minerals build up on pipes and fixtures, causing a variety of problems such as reduced water flow, decreased efficiency of appliances, and higher energy bills.
- Electronic water descalers use electrolysis to break down the molecules of limescale as water passes through the plumbing that has the descaler wires wrapped around it, preventing them from bonding to pipes and fixtures.
- This allows the water to flow freely and prevents the buildup of limescale, and actually removes existing scale on your fixtures.
- The electronic water descaler is easy to install and requires no maintenance. It is also very cost-effective, as it will save you money on cleaning and repairing your appliances.
Types of Electronic Descalers
Mainly, there are two types of electronic descalers:
Electromagnetic water Descalers
These devices attach to your water supply and create an electromagnetic field that breaks up the minerals in the water, preventing them from attaching to surfaces and creating build-up.
In addition to preventing hard water spots, electromagnetic water descalers can also improve the taste of your water and extend the life of your appliances by preventing mineral build-up. If you’re looking for a way to improve the quality of your home’s water, an electromagnetic water descaler may be the answer.
Capacitive Electronic water Descalers
Capacitive electronic water descaler system work by sending out electromagnetic waves that create a magnetic field. This field helps to break down the bond between the water molecules and the minerals, preventing the formation of the new scales.
In addition, descalers can also help to remove existing scale from pipes and other surfaces. By using a capacitive electronic water descaler, you can help to keep your water-based system running smoothly and efficiently.
Benefits of Electronic Water Descalers
When it comes to the benefits of electronic water descalers, there are many. Here are just a few:
- Reduces Scale: During the process of electrolysis, the water descaler emits electromagnetic waves that help to break down the bond between the water molecules and minerals. This prevents the formation of new scales and helps to remove existing scales from pipes and other surfaces.
- Lower Price Point: When compared to traditional methods of descaling, such as chemical treatments or mechanical abrasion, electronic water descalers are much more affordable.
- Easy Installation: Most electronic water descalers can be easily installed by anyone with basic DIY skills.
- No Maintenance: Once installed, there is no need for regular maintenance or upkeep. Simply plug in the unit and let it do its job.
What to Look for When Buying an Electronic Water Descaler?
When shopping for an electronic water descaler, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. Here are a few factors to consider:
- The Type of System: There are two main types of electronic water descalers: electromagnetic and capacitive. Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it’s important to choose the right one for your needs.
- The Size Of The Unit: Make sure to choose a unit that is the right size for your home or business. If you have a small space, a lower capacity unit may be all you need, or you can even consider a portable water softener. For larger spaces, however, you’ll want to choose a larger, more powerful unit like the Yarna or Scalewatcher.
- Your Home’s Water Hardness — The hardness of your water will play a role in how effective the descaler is. You will first want to test how hard your water is. If you have very hard water, you’ll want to choose a descaler that is appropriate for your specifications.
- Installation: Some units require professional installation depending on where you need to locate the unit, while others can be easily installed by anyone with basic DIY skills. Be sure to choose a unit that can be installed easily and without the need for special tools or skills.
- Water Flow Rate: The water flow rate is the amount of water that can be treated in a given period of time. If you have a high water flow rate, you’ll want to choose a unit that can handle the amount of water you’re using.
- Warranty: Most units come with a warranty of at least one year. However, some companies offer longer warranties for an additional cost. If you’re concerned about the longevity of the unit, choose a model with a longer warranty period.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do electronic water descalers actually work?
Yes, water descalers do indeed work with hard water and scale buildup. However, they use a different process vs. water softeners. Water descalers don’t actually “soften” the water, so although the hardness ions are still present, they will not stick to your plumbing and appliances.
What’s the difference between a salt-free water softener vs a water descaler?
There are several differences between a water descaler vs salt-free softener. Of course, there is the size and simplicity factor. Water descalers take up almost no room, and cost very little vs a salt free-water softener. Functionally, neither option actually removes hard water minerals like an ion exchange softener. They both condition the water’s minerals composition so that it wont cause scale buildup.
How much does an electronic water conditioner cost?
Water descalers range from a little over $100 to over $500. It depends on the water hardness and size of your home or RV for how powerful you will need the unit to be.
Can I use an electronic descaler with well water?
Yes, water descalers can work with well water. However, since well water is typically much harder than municipal water, you will want a more powerful unit like the Yarna to get the results you’re looking for.
How effective are electronic descalers?
There are mixed messages about water descalers out there. Water descalers are effective at altering the water composition to reduce and remove scale buildup with hard water. You need to be sure you are getting the appropriate model that is strong enough for your particualal needs. For the price and efficiency, water descalers are great. That said, they are not AS effective as a whole house salt-free water softener or ion exchange softener system.
How do I install an electronic descaler system?
If you’re looking for a way to improve the quality of your home’s water, an electronic water descaler may be the answer. By using a unit, you can help to reduce scale, extend the life of your appliances, and improve the taste of your water.
When shopping for a unit, be sure to keep in mind the type of system, the size of the unit, your home’s water hardness, and the installation process. By taking these factors into account, you can be sure to choose the best electronic water descaler for your needs.