Beer brewing is one of those things that thousands of people have adopted. For some, this is merely a hobby, but for others, it is something that they become passionate about. Regardless of why you decide to start your own beer brewing operation at home, buying the best homebrew burner of 2020 is something that you should consider crucial.
The burner is an essential part of the process if you wish to avoid having to wait around for your wort to boil on the stove in order to prepare your solution for the addition of your preferred yeast starter. If you choose the wrong burner, it means you will most likely have to wait a significant period of time before your wort is ready for the next step, and heat may not be distributed evenly. We’ve researched and discovered the seven top-rated homebrew burner, as well as the worst one to avoid.
Reviews of the 7 Best Homebrew Burner, Plus the Worst 1 to Avoid
1. Bayou Classic SP10 High-Pressure Outdoor Gas Cooker Review
We looked at hundreds of the propane burners that are currently available in order to find the best propane burner for homebrewing. We found the Bayou Classic SP10 High-Pressure Outdoor Gas Cooker to be one of the best in terms of balancing affordability, quality, and durability. The burner is made from quality material with a one-piece steel frame that is welded. The surface is 14 inches in diameter, offering a relatively large area for improved compatibility with your favorite kettle bot used for during the boiling process of homebrewing.
This particular option comes with a 48-inch hose that is braided with stainless steel to improve durability and strength. The high-pressure regulator allows for improved control over the flames, and the windscreen protector ensures windy conditions will not affect the flames or the heat that is placed on the kettle pot, which may alter the boiling process and ultimately have an effect on the taste of the beer that you are brewing.
2. Gas ONE 200,000 BTU Square Heavy Duty Single Burner Review
If you are looking for the best homebrew propane burner that features a square shape instead of a round shape, then be sure to take a look at the Gas One 200,000 BTU Square Heavy Duty Single Burner. This is a relatively affordable option that comes with a steel braided hose, made from 0-20 PSI CSA certified adjustable regulated and quality steel. The product also comes with a series of safety features that makes it an ideal option for you if you are concerned about the safety – not all of the propane burners on the market has built-in safety features.
The Gas One 200,000 BTU Square Heavy Duty Single Burner offers a heavy duty design with quality materials to ensure you get maximum usage out of the product. It is an ideal of option for more than just brewing, as the burner can also be used for outdoor cooking, camping, and more. The product also features high heat output, making it a great option for speeding up the boiling process during your own homebrew operations.
3. Bayou Classic KAB4 High-Pressure Banjo Cooker Review
The best propane burner for brewing beer in cases where you might want to spend a little more money to ensure the quality of the product would be the Bayou Classic KAB4 High-Pressure Banjo Cooker. The product is available for just under $100 and features a 16-inch platform for placing your kettle pot on. The burner is compatible with larger pots, ensuring you can brew up an appropriate batch of beer to keep some leftover in the fridge.
The burner itself is made from cast iron material, with a tall steel frame that has been welded for improved durability. The Bayou Classic KAB4 High-Pressure Banjo Cooker also features a 360-degree windscreen to ensure you can perform the boiling process in the outdoors, even when it is windy outside. A 30-psi adjustable regulator comes included with the purchase of this burner.
4. King Kooker CS14 Portable Propane 54,000 BTU Single Burner Review
The best outdoor propane burner for people on a lower budget who wants to boil their wort outside would be the King Kooker CS14 Portable Propane 54,000 BTU Single Burner. While the BTU on this one is lower than some competitors, it is important to note that the BTU is not all that counts. The larger 25-inch surface of the burner makes it an ideal option for larger pots that will be used for boiling wort, as well as to provide a better distribution of the heat applied by the flames.
The King Kooker CS14 Portable Propane 54,000 BTU Single Burner is made by a relatively well-known brand, and the steel was selected based on durability to ensure the product is appropriate quality for extended usage.
5. Concord Deluxe 16 Inch Banjo Single Square Burner Stove Review
The Concord Deluxe 16 Inch Banjo Single Square Burner Stove is another great choice for anyone looking to boil their wort outside. The price of this one is somewhat higher than many of the alternative options we have mentioned so far, but the quality is certainly something to be taken into account. The product features heavy-duty materials, including cast iron, and offers a weather-proof operation.
The stand comes with legs that can easily be detached, making the Concord Deluxe 16 Inch Banjo Single Square Burner Stove easy to store, as well as easy to set up in order to start the boiling process. The product comes with a 20 PSI regular that is CSA certified.
6. Northern Brewer Dark Star 2.0 Propane 65,000 BTU Burner for Home Brew Review
Next on our list is the Northern Brewer Dark Star 2.0 Propane 65,000 BTU Burner for Home Brew. Anyone who has delved into the world of homebrewing probably knows of the Northern Brewer brand already, as they have become quite popular and a preferred brand amongst many homebrewers. This particular option is very affordable and features a 17-inch platform, which supports larger pots for a boiling more of your beer solution at a time.
The product can support weights up to 125 lb and comes with an adjustable regulator that allows you to have precise control over the flames.
7. Bayou Classic SS84 Stainless Steel Brew Stove with Windscreen Review
The last option that we want to share among our top-rated burners for homebrewing is the Bayou Classic SS84 Stainless Steel Brew Stove with Windscreen. This is an ideal option for outdoor brewing, and portable enough to be moved around with ease. The burner is made from stainless steel alone, adding to the durability and strength, while also avoiding stains, scratches, and corrosion.
In addition to the main burner, the package comes included with a 10 PSI adjustable regular, as well as a 36-inch braided hose with stainless steel material.
Avoid – Gas One High-Pressure Single Burner Outdoor Stove Propane Gas Cooker Review
While we focused on finding the best options available for those looking to buy a propane burner for their beer brewing operation at home, we also want to share some details about one of the worst homebrew burners on the market. We found the Gas One High-Pressure Single Burner Outdoor Stove Propane Gas Cooker to be an inappropriate option for people who are looking to brew their own beer.
This is a cheap option that will most likely not be able to provide you with the performance that you are after, or the overall quality that you desire in order to ensure you can brew up quality batches of your own craft beer. The Gas One High-Pressure Single Burner Outdoor Stove Propane Gas Cooker does feature high output, along with a low height. The product also comes with a built-in heat dial that allows you to set the power of the flame, ensuring the wort does not become too hot, while also retaining enough heat to boil thoroughly.
2020 Buyers Guide to the Best Homebrew Burner:
You’ve spent hours waiting for your batch of wort to boil on the stovetop and decided that it is time to invest in a homebrew burner to speed things up and to help improve the authentic taste of your brew. Unfortunately, once you start looking for a homebrew burner, you notice that there are too many of these devices. Fortunately, we are here to make things a little easier. Below, you’ll find three points to always take into account when you are filtering through the homebrew burners currently available on the market.
3 Main Points to Consider:
- Price: When it comes to a homebrew burner, the price of such a product can sometimes be quite high, which can drastically affect your budget for the perfect homebrew beer setup. For this reason, it is important that you consider the price of the product first – and to do this, we recommend you start out by taking into consideration how much you can really afford to pay for a homebrew burner. When you start searching with a rough idea of your budget in mind, it already makes things much easier to ensure you buy the right product that won’t cause you to blow your budget. Once you know how much you can pay for a homebrew burner, you also need to take into consideration that sometimes you will find two of these products on the market at different prices, yet they are the same quality and offers the same level of features. Be sure not to think that you will have to opt for the most expensive homebrew burner that you can find on the market, as this does not necessarily guarantee that you are buying the right one for your homebrew system or the best quality option on the market. Look around and do some research before you make a final decision.
- Quality: The quality of the homebrew burner that you wish to buy should also be taken into account. There is no use in buying a cheap and low-quality option if this will only allow you to boil a batch or two before giving you problems. Additionally, if you fail to opt for a quality option, then heat distribution will not be appropriate – this can lead to a batch of beer that does not taste as good as it would have should you have chosen a homebrew burner that could distribute the heat more evenly. To determine the quality of the homebrew burner that you are interested in, a good place to start would be to look at the manufacturer of the product. While there are quite a significant number of brands out there, only a few of them are known to provide quality products that do not only provide the customer with the features they need but also the quality to assure the product will last a significant period of time. It would also be a good idea to take a look at some reviews related to the specific burner that you find a potential option for your homebrew operation. This will give you a good idea of how other customers who have purchased the burner in the past had found the overall quality and functionality of the device.
- Portability: Another important point that we want you to take into account is the portability of the particular burner that you might be considering buying. Many people want to use these products in the outdoors in order to boil their wort and to assure the overall quality of the beer that they are brewing. The portability of a homebrew burner allows you to carry it around easily – take it outside when you wish to boil your wort in the outdoors, or bring it indoors if it is raining outside. Portability makes a product like this much more convenient and allows you to use it wherever you want to set up your homebrew operation. With larger options that are less portable, it might be difficult to move things around when you decide you wish to start brewing in a different location. Consider the overall size of the burner, as well as the weight. The bigger the burner, the harder it will be to move it around. If you do not require a burner that can be moved around easily, then this particular point will not be as important to you – but do know for sure that before you make a final decision.
What is a propane burner?
Different types of burners and stoves are available that have been specifically developed for the purpose of homebrewing, but they are not all portable and appropriate for outdoor brewing operations. Amongst those who enjoy boiling their batch of wort outside, a propane burner is often the go-to option. These burners are highly appropriate, often very affordable, and can help you make a truly great tasting batch of beer.
A propane burner is a type of cooking device that utilizes propane, a gaseous substance, in order to generate flames and distribute heat to a pot that is placed on the cooking surface.
There are different kinds of these propane burners available on the market. Some of them are general purpose propane burners, which have been developed for various users. Others, however, have been designed especially for the purpose of boiling during the process of brewing your own batch of beer at home.
Both of these kinds can be used for homebrewing. It should be noted, however, that many of the specialty propane burners feature a more appropriate surface that allows for the heat to be distributed more evenly, resulting in a quality batch of wort that can then be used for the next step of homebrewing.
How is a propane burner used in homebrewing?
A propane burner is used during the boiling process when making your own batch of beer. The boiling process is crucial for successfully brewing beer and is needed to prepare the wort – after the boiling process has been completed, a yeast starter is usually added to the solution that was boiled. After the yeast started has been added, the next step is usually the fermentation process, which will yield the final result – which is the beer that you can enjoy and serve to a couple of friends while having a barbeque or enjoying a game on the television.
When using a propane burner during homebrewing, it is important to understand that the burner itself is not the only part of the process that will determine the quality of the wort that will be used for fermentation.
The pot often called a kettle pot, that is used will also play a crucial role in how well the wort will be boiled and how the heat will be distributed throughout the batch. There are various kinds of pots available, with cast iron and stainless steel being the two most popular options. Ensure you buy a pot that is appropriately sized to the propane burner that you decide to buy. Overall, stainless steel is usually considered the better material for durability, strength, and the lifespan of the product.
Homebrew Burner (Video):
Final Thoughts on Buying the Best Homebrew Burner:
After deciding to try and brew your own batch of beer at home, you will need a few pieces of equipment to get the job done. In this post, we looked at the best homebrew burner of 2020 to help speed up the boiling process, while also ensuring heat is distributed evenly and you do not end up with a batch that was overheated or not properly heated at all. Now that we have introduced you to the very best options, you simply need to look for the one that fits your needs and, of course, your budget.