A sink organizer solves the problem of keeping wet sponges and brushes off of your sink bowl. The best kitchen sink caddy will increase your kitchen’s overall cleanliness, while also reducing the presence of germs and bacteria residing amongst the dirty dishes. Additionally, the right caddy will be aesthetically pleasing, as well. We’ve researched and discovered eight top-rated kitchen sink caddy, as well as the two worst to avoid.
Reviews of the 8 Best Kitchen Sink Caddy, Plus the 2 Worst to Avoid
1. Kitchen Sink Organizer Sink Caddy by Carol Wright Gifts Review
This Kitchen Sink Organizer Sink Caddy by Carol Wright Gifts is, in our opinion, the best kitchen sink candy of 2019. This is a 3-compartment organizer with enough room to hold a 25 oz soap dish bottle, a sponge, and a long handle brush.
Mind you, despite its spacious design, this caddy is still compact enough not to occupy lots of valuable space around your sink.
On the same note, you could also comfortably place it in your cabinet under the sink to free up more space without any risk of leaking.
It has a perforated platform and a non-drip bottom that won’t wet your counter. The reservoir can also be removed to pour the water and to give the bottom of the caddy a good scrubbing.
2. OXO Good Grips Sinkware Caddy Review
This OXO Good Grips Sinkware Caddy shines as the best Oxo kitchen sink caddy. Its sturdy construction and spacious storage make it a perfect option for your sink.
This caddy is available in two designs: stainless steel or white, to go with a white kitchen sink. It is a large, 5 3/4 ” (long) 3 3/4″ (wide) 5 1/2 ” (high) unit that is designed to sit on your counter, by the sink.
It is divided into sections and has enough room to hold a brush on one side and a few sponges on the other side for fast drying.
Interestingly, you can also slide out the divider to convert the caddy into a single-compartment model that can hold a larger dish soap bottle.
The Oxo Good Grips keeps your wash up tools dry by draining all the water to the acrylic container attached at the bottom. This container has an opening on one side through which you can pour out the water and you can also detach it completely for a deep clean.
3. Simplehuman Brushed Stainless Steel Caddy Review
Anyone looking for the best simplehuman kitchen sink caddy is better off with this Simplehuman Brushed Stainless Steel Caddy.
Unlike the Oxo Good Grips above, this unit uses four suction cups to secure a firm grip on the inside walls of your sink. This makes it a go-to model if you want a caddy that will save the little space on your small kitchen countertop.
This caddy measures 7.6’’ (long), 5.6’’ (wide), and 7.5’’ (high). It has a multi-compartment design featuring a brush holder and two sponge compartments. All these chambers have adequate ventilation holes at the bottom. Thus, your cleaning items are kept dry and free from mildew, molds, and bacterial growth.
The brush storage compartment has a silicone extension at the bottom that pops out to accommodate longer brushes.
In terms of durability, the Simplehuman has done a great job here. While only time would tell, this manufacturer claims that this caddy won’t discolor or rust. And it backs its claim with an amazing 5-year warranty (you’ll need to register online for the warranty).
4. Aiduy Sink Stainless Steel Caddy Review
Our search for the best double-sink caddy brought us to the Aiduy Sink Stainless Steel Caddy. This model features the simplest yet most highly functional design in this guide. It’s also one of the most affordable kitchen sink caddies out there.
What we like most about this unit is that it does not rely on suction cups to hang on the inside walls of your sink. Instead, it uses a hook that hangs over the center divider. If you’ve ever had the trouble of re-attaching suction cups that just won’t stay put, then you know how much difference this design will bring.
In addition, this design allows you to either scoot the caddy out of the way or remove it and place it on the counter if you need more space in the sink.
Its open and hollow design also makes it a great performer in terms of keeping your clean-up essentials tidy and dry.
How big is this caddy? The Aiduy is 7.8’’ (L) by 3.5’’ (W) by 5.12’’ (H) and can fit a standard full-sized dish soap bottle, hand soap, and a brush and sponge.
5. InterDesign Gia Suction Kitchen Sink Caddy Sponge Holder for Kitchen Review
Looking for a cheap kitchen sink caddy? The Interdesign Gia Suction Caddy might interest you. This model is pretty much similar to the Aiduy above only that it is quite small and also relatively cheaper.
This InterDesign Gia Suction Kitchen Sink Caddy Sponge Holder for Kitchen measures 5.75″ Inch x 2.25″ Inch x 2.5″. It’s not the biggest model here. But it’s big enough for a brush and a sponge. Its small size makes it a superb choice for homeowners and renters alike, who may be struggling with tiny kitchens and even tinier sink tops. It’s also worth considering if you want a caddy for use in a boat or RV.
This caddy uses two suction cups to adhere to the walls of your sink. But its simple design also allows you to place it on the counter to free up more space inside the sink.
The Interdesign Gia caddy is available in seven different polishes ranging from bronze to satin. So be sure to get a hue that rightly compliments your sink area.
6. Joseph Joseph Caddy Sink Tidy Review
The market is teeming with numerous options if you are hunting for the best Joseph Joseph Sink Caddy. In our opinion, this is one of the top models that have rolled out of their production lines.
The Joseph Joseph Caddy Sink Tidy is a versatile countertop unit measuring 12 x 5 x 5.5-inches. It offers two additional features that we’ve not seen in any of the above sink caddies.
It has an integrated rail that allows you to hang your damp dishcloths and a perforated drying plate within the base where you can place your wet sponge and scouring pad when washing the dishes and thereafter for drying.
The main body is a single compartment big enough to hold a detergent bottle and a brush.
What you’ll like is that the concealed reservoir, rail, and compartment can be detached for a full cleaning.
The Joseph Joseph 85049 caddy has an impressive lime green and white color design that breathes life to almost any sink, but there’s also a gray option if you’d prefer a standard decor look to go along with a black kitchen sink.
7. TuuTyss Stainless Steel Large Capacity Hanging Sink Caddy Organizer Review
The TuuTyss is yet another great option if you are looking for the best double-bowl kitchen sink caddy. At 7.09 (L) x 4.33 (W) x 4.33 (H) inches, this sink organizer is one of the largest caddies on the market.
Therefore, the TuuTyss Stainless Steel Large Capacity Hanging Sink Caddy Organizer might be a great pick for a busy household with several items around the sink that need to be held in a single spot.
Its large capacity, however, makes it a little bit bulkier. For that reason, we only recommend it if you have a wide and deep double-bowl kitchen sink.
Among its major strengths, the TuuTyss flaunts a sturdy construction design. Its strong, properly welded hanger holds the caddy firmly on the bridge of the two bowls and can support much more weight compared to suction cups. In addition, this caddy has a rod that you can use to dry your damp dishcloth.
The open design of this caddy means that you won’t be struggling with molds, mildew, and odors. It also makes cleaning and keeping the caddy tidy a less-demanding task.
8. InterDesign Vine Soap Dispenser Pump and Sponge Caddy Review
InterDesign, a US company based in Solon, Ohio never runs out of ideas when it comes to organizing your kitchen counters. What they have for you here is a caddy that will also serve as a dish soap dispenser.
The InterDesign Vine Soap Dispenser Pump and Sponge Caddy measures 7.25″ x 3.25″ x 8.25″ and has been compartmentalized into two. One end has a ring that has been designed to hold a refillable 13 oz soap dispenser (included in the package).
The other chamber actually has a rod that divides it into two. Therefore, it can hold two sponges or a sponge and a brush.
This caddy is made of stain-resistant steel and has an attractive bronze finish that gives it another line of protection against rust.
The open-air design not only allows this model to make a statement on your counters. But it also keeps your sponges and scrubbers dry and free from mold and mildew.
Unfortunately, this caddy’s bottom isn’t perforated for drainage. Thus, you might want to squeeze the sponges properly before placing them on the caddy.
Avoid – Yabina Kitchen Sink Caddy Sponge Holder Review
You don’t really need to spend so much to get the best kitchen sink caddy organizer. But it’s also important that you don’t go so frugal on it.
Similar to anything else, there are a few sink organizers that are really not worth checking out leave alone spending your money on. The Yabina Kitchen Sink Caddy Sponge Holder, for instance, is the worst kitchen sink caddy on the market today.
This is a small plastic unit with a cheap construction design and a cheap look. Although the manufacturer claims that it can hold a dish soap bottle, liquid soap, hand soap, and sponge, the truth is that it can barely fit an average size sponge.
Its design also makes it quite hard to fit it comfortably on most kitchen sinks.
But the worst bit and the major complaint is that it features a suction cup that rarely holds it in place.
Avoid – Self-Draining Sink Caddy by Joseph Joseph Review
Joseph Joseph is a renowned brand in sink aid accessories. But this Joseph Joseph model just doesn’t cut it and we’d really recommend that you avoid this kitchen candy.
This model has quite a superb design thanks to its onboard dishcloth rail and a spacious self-draining compartment. Its gray and white color options are also quite eye-catching and simply irresistible.
Unfortunately, the Self-Draining Sink Caddy by Joseph Joseph has one major flaw that makes it utterly unusable; the integrated rubber-dish grip (the 3-spoke ‘hole’ you see on the side). This grip is too small to fit most scrub brushes. It will only fit a thin handle. This means that you’ll either have to continue leaving your scrubbing brush on the counter by the sink or purchase another one with a thinner handle.
In addition, a few buyers report that the suction cups don’t have enough grip to do the job. The caddy has a reputation of staying in place for only one day before falling into the sink.
2019 Buyers Guide to the Best Kitchen Sink Caddy
All sink caddies do two great things; organizing your sink area and adding to the aesthetics of your kitchen. However, these humble essentials come in different designs, colors, and functionalities. They also come at different prices. This is to say that they appeal differently to most homeowners. That being said, here are a few points that might make buying a sink caddy lots easier:
- Material: As you shop for a sink caddy, you’ll need to choose between plastic, rubber, and steel models. Most models are made from hard plastics and rubber. These 2 materials tend to make caddies a lot cheaper without compromising on design and functionality. Plastic and rubber caddies are also greatly durable and might, therefore, last you a long time with just a little care. What I also like about models crafted from these materials is that they are not susceptible to rusting as it’s the case with metallic models. Well, not everyone likes plastic items. If you fall into this category, you might want to consider aluminum or stainless steel caddies. Albeit a little bit pricier, these caddies tend to be a perfect match for stainless steel and aluminum sinks. They are also the most durable. On the downside, most steel and aluminum kitchen sink caddies are not as stainless and rustproof as they are depicted.
- Single vs Separate Compartments: most low-end kitchen sink caddies feature a one-compartment design. These are simple containers that are meant to hold a few sponges and brushes depending on the size. A single-compartment caddy will fit the bill if you don’t have lots of washing stuff around the sink area and if you don’t plan to spend so much on a sink organizer. It’s also super easy to keep clean compared to a model with several compartments. The only challenge that a single-compartment caddy presents is that you can’t pull out a sponge at the bottom without other items coming out too. In that case, perhaps a multiple-compartment unit might interest you. A separate/multiple-compartment caddy holds your items in different compartments. This makes reaching for different items both easy and mess-free. Most of these models are a few bucks pricier than their single-compartment siblings. But the way they hold your cleaning stuff makes them worth every penny. If you are eyeing a separated caddy, remember to go for a model whose dividers can be removed. This makes cleaning easy and fast.
- Perforated Bottom: the essence of a sink candy is to air your wash up items so that they can dry fast and remain so. A caddy that does not drain the sponges and brushes may harbor mildew, mold, and odors that might be transferred to your dishes and cutleries and even to food. To avoid this, go for a unit with a ventilated bottom, at least. There are models that have ventilated sides too. This design makes the drying process even much faster.
- Placement (on or inside the sink): sink caddies may be designed to either sit next to the sink or be attached on the inside walls. The ideal model for you is dependent on a few factors including the size and type of your sink, the size of the caddy, and the available area around the sink. Caddies that attach on the inside walls of the sink are the most convenient especially if you have limited sink area that also serves as the food preparation zone. These models also eliminate the need for purchasing a drip base since the water falls through the ventilation holes directly into the sink. Of most importance, avoid caddies that require you to drill through the sink to attach them. Instead, consider a caddy that comes with strong suction cups to adhere to the inside walls of your sink. These are easy to remove whenever necessary and installing them is a breeze too.
What’s the purpose of a kitchen sink caddy?
We’ve all had problems with people leaving wet sponges and brushes inside the kitchen sink where they end up absorbing debris from leftover foods and sauces.
If you are facing this challenge, a sink candy could be all you need. These must-have essentials simply cut out the grossness that wet sponges and brushes cause around the sink area.
They declutter the sink by holding your washing up equipment clean, dry, and at hand. This not only makes cleaning utensils a self-contained chore but it also boosts your kitchen’s hygiene level.
In addition, a sink caddy maximizes your counter space by freeing up the space held by individual sponges and brushes. This extra space makes your food prep way more efficient and enjoyable, especially if you are dealing with a small kitchen.
Kitchen Soap Dispenser Caddy (Video):
Final Thoughts on Finding the Best Kitchen Sink Caddy
Keeping your kitchen sink clean and decluttered is one sure way of ensuring that things move faster when it’s time to prepare a meal or wash up. You could do this by adding a sink caddy to your household.