Kombucha is a popular drink throughout the world, but buying it by the bottle can be expensive. Making your own buch with the best kombucha starter kit of 2022 works out to be much more cost effective and ensures you know exactly what you are putting into your body. We’ve done the research and found eight top-rated kombucha brewing kits, as well as one you may want to avoid.
Reviews of the 8 Best Kombucha Starter Kit, Plus 1 to Avoid
1. Kombucha Brewing Starter Kit by Get Kombucha Review
We did a lot of testing and looked at dozens of options before determining the Kombucha Brewing Starter Kit by Get Kombucha to be the leader in the home brew market. This option can be seen as the “complete deal,” as it comes with everything you would need to brew up kombucha. In addition to a unique kombucha blend that is certified organic, this option also comes with high-quality cultures, as well as a jar that gives you the perfect environment for brewing fermented tea. Additionally, this kit also comes with specially-made jars where your kombucha can be stored for an extended lifespan. The kit is also an affordable option, especially when you consider the quality of the ingredients that come with the brewing kit.
To watch the Kombucha Brewing Starter Kit by Get Kombucha Review on YouTube, click here.
2. Kombucha Kit Parent by The Kombucha Shop Review
The Kombucha Kit Parent by The Kombucha Shop is a deluxe brewing kit that also comes with everything that you would need to brew your own fermented tea. This is one of the most affordable kits that you will find on the market. It includes six bottles for storing your kombucha, as well as a jar that can be used for fermenting your tea. Additionally, the kit comes with a unique kombucha blend, cleaning brushes, and appropriate measuring accessories to ensure you can brew the perfect batch of kombucha. The stainless steel strainer and funnel set that comes included with this option features a no spill design. The kit allows you to make batches of up to one-gallon kombucha at a time. In addition to the standard deluxe option of this kit, the Kombucha Kit Parent by The Kombucha Shop is also available in a cheaper “Original” option.
To watch the Kombucha Kit Parent by The Kombucha Shop Review on YouTube, click here.
3. Complete Kombucha Starter Brewing Kit by Kitchentoolz Review
The best deluxe kombucha brewing kit that you will find on the market today would likely be the Complete Kombucha Starter Brewing Kit by Kitchentoolz. This is an incredible kit that comes at a surprisingly affordable price. Do not let the low price of this kit fool you – many people have bought it and had only good things to report about everything that comes included in the package. The Complete Kombucha Starter Brewing Kit by Kitchentoolz comes with organic sugar, a specially made brew in the form of tea bags, organic SCOBY, as well as all the additional accessories that are needed to make this fermented tea drink. These accessories include a one-gallon jar, a plastic lid, and a temperature gauge.
To watch the Complete Kombucha Starter Brewing Kit by Kitchentoolz Review on YouTube, click here.
4. Organic Kombucha Scoby and Starter Tea by Joshua Tree Kombucha Review
If you are looking for the best organic kombucha starter kit for a lower budget, then the Organic Kombucha Scoby and Starter Tea by Joshua Tree Kombucha is a good option for you. This kit can be picked up for less than $15 and includes all the basic accessories and ingredients that are needed for fermented tea. The kombucha mix was developed in a facility that has been approved by the FDA and is certified organic. In addition to the kombucha mixture, the package also includes organic kombucha Scoby. A one-gallon jar is also included to give you the perfect combination of items that you need to brew up some kombucha. Furthermore, the kit also comes with handy instructions that guide you through the process of getting started.
To watch the Organic Kombucha Scoby and Starter Tea by Joshua Tree Kombucha Review on YouTube, click here.
5. Everbru Kombucha Brewing Starter Kit by Northern Brewer Review
Yet another excellent option for anyone looking to get started with brewing their own fermented tea at home, the Everbru Kombucha Brewing Starter Kit by Northern Brewer is an ideal option if you have a little more money to spend on higher quality products. This package comes with a specially-designed fermenter jar that is made from glass. Additionally, up to one gallon of kombucha can be made at a time with this kit. Apart from the fermenter jar, the package also includes a start kit brew mix, along with glasses and kombucha bottles for storing the beverage in the fridge while you are not enjoying it. This kit also comes with an appropriate Scoby to allow for the production of higher quality Kombucha brews.
To watch the Everbru Kombucha Brewing Starter Kit by Northern Brewer Review on YouTube, click here.
6. The Complete Kombucha Brewing Starter Kit by Fermentaholics Review
The Complete Kombucha Brewing Starter Kit by Fermentaholics is a very basic kit that is both affordable and perfect for individuals who want to get “into” brewing fermented tea but does not want to spend too much money until they have tried it first. The kit comes with a variety of ingredients, items, and additional accessories to make your journey easier. The kit comes with organic tea, as well as a bag of organic sugar. Additionally, it comes with a live organic scoby that will make your kombucha brew more authentic. A glass brewing jar is also included, along with all other accessories. The package also includes an instruction manual, as well as a booklet with useful recipes.
To watch the The Complete Kombucha Brewing Starter Kit by Fermentaholics Review on YouTube, click here.
7. Standing Stone Farms Kombucha Tea Home Brew Starter Kit by Standing Stone Farms Review
The Standing Stone Farms Kombucha Tea Home Brew Starter Kit is another excellent option that comes with a variety of useful accessories, as well as the required ingredients, to ensure you can make kombucha that tastes great. The kit includes organic ingredients to provide you with more health benefits and to avoid the presence of toxins in the ingredients. The kit is also a very affordable option that is perfect if you want to test out making your own fermented tea at home without having to pay hundreds of dollars for a starter kit. Organic cane sugar and organic black tea form an essential part of this starter package, which is all harvested and prepared at the company’s farm in the United States.
To watch the Standing Stone Farms Kombucha Tea Home Brew Starter Kit by Standing Stone Farms Review on YouTube, click here.
8. Home Craft Works Kombucha Brewing Kit by Home Craft Works Review
The last starter package on our list in the Home Craft Works Kombucha Brewing Kit by Home Craft Works. This is another excellent option that provides the perfect balance between features and price. The kit can be picked up for just under fifty bucks and includes a wide range of items, including a brewing jar, organic Scoby, organic leaf tea, organic sugar, and a cotton tea bag. The package also comes with pH strips, an organic cotton cover, and a complete manual that takes you through the entire process of brewing your own kombucha at home. In addition to all of the items mentioned above, the Home Craft Works Kombucha Brewing Kit also includes a temperature gauge to ensure you can keep on track with the brewing of your fermented tea at all times.
To watch the Home Craft Works Kombucha Brewing Kit by Home Craft Works Review on YouTube, click here.
Avoid – Kombucha Starter Kit by Cultures For Health Review
Now, we want to share one to Avoid kombucha starter kit on the market – the Kombucha Starter Kit by Cultures for Health. While not all is bad with this starter package – considering the low price tag – there are many elements of this package that deems it less valuable than the other options that we have introduced you to in this review post. It seems like the cultures that are included with this kit are often expired when they reach the customer and that many people who have tried to use the brew find that it does not work as it is supposed to work.
To watch the Kombucha Starter Kit by Cultures For Health Review on YouTube, click here.
2022 Buyers Guide to the Best Kombucha Starter Kit
Buying the right kombucha starter kit can be tricky since there are just too many options on the market to choose from. Making the right choice is important if you wish to brew the perfect glass (or cup) of kombucha. Below, we will consider three of the most important factors that you need to consider when you try to find the right start kit.
3 Main Points to Consider
- Organic versus Non-Organic: A particularly important fact that need to be considered when opting for a new kombucha starter kit is to ensure the brewing blend that comes with the kit is organic. While there are many different options on the market at the moment, not all of them come with a brew blend that is organic. Even though the non-organic blends may still taste great and allow you to brew up some kombucha, the health benefits associated with this particular fermented tea drink becomes more effective when opting for organic options. Organic foods have been proven to be a much healthier choice, regardless of whether they are used for cooking or brewing kombucha.
- Price: Another very important element to look at when you want to buy a kombucha brewing starter kit is the price of the kit. Just because a kit is expensive doesn’t necessarily mean it is the very best option on the market (many of these kits tend to be quite pricey). Be sure to look at all the options that are available to you – and consider the price of each. Don’t immediately opt for the cheapest option on the market as well, as the quality of the blend and accessories included in the kit may not be adequate, leading to kombucha that does not taste well and accessories that breaks easily.
- Included Extras: Apart from considering a kombucha kit that comes with an organic blend, as well as taking a look at the price, you should also take into account the particular extras that come included with the kit that you wish to buy. Some of these kits are very basic and only comes with the essential ingredients that are required for you to make some kombucha. Other kits, however, adds additional value to your purchase by including a wide range of accessories and items that are needed to brew up a batch of kombucha – this may include bottles for storage, a kombucha jar, and other items that make the process easier and more convenient.
What’s included in most popular kombucha brewing kits?
There are many different kombucha starters and brewing kits on the market. While each of these kits tends to include something that makes them unique from the other options, there are many similarities that you will notice among the various kits that are available on the market. The kombucha brewing blend usually forms the main part of a kombucha starter kit. The blend is the main ingredient used to brew your own kombucha tea for detox. There are also many kits that come with additional items to make the process of brewing kombucha easier and to reduce any additional expenses that may be needed. As an example, there are various starter kits that come with additional options, such as a kombucha brewing jar, which makes it easier to brew your own kombucha and dispense it.
Best Kombucha Starter Kit (2022 Buyers Guide):
Final Thoughts on Finding the Best Kombucha Starter Kit
Choosing the best kombucha start kit of 2022 will ensure you can easily make your own fermented tea at home, without having to pay the expensive fees associated with going out to the shop and buying premade bottles of kombucha. Now, it is up to you to look at the options we have shared with you and decided which fits your requirements and budget the best.