The best milk frothers on the market will allow you to froth your own latte, or dirty chai tea, from home. If you’re a barista looking to hone your latte art skills, the right wand is essential. For some, a simple cup of coffee will suffice. For java lovers, however a full stock of coffee related appliances to experiment with are vital. We’ve researched and discovered thirteen of the top-rated milk frothers, as well as two you may want to avoid.
Reviews of the 13 Best Milk Frothers, Plus 2 to Avoid
1. Erica Automatic Electric Milk Frother Review
Erica Automatic Electric Milk Frother is probably the best electric milk frother on the market. Sustained by thousands of positive reviews, it has quite impressive features. It let’s you make cold or hot milk froth, depending on the drink you need it for, and it warms milk as well.
The stainless steel carafe with vacuum insulation maintains the temperature of the froth and can be removed from the base to allow easy pouring. The product does a great job on low-fat and non-dairy milks, qualifying as the best milk frother for almond milk.
The heating and frothing capacity is probably the only aspect of this product that could use some improvement: only 4.25oz or 125ml for frothing milk, and 8.5oz or 250ml for heating could be too little for friendly get-togethers and family dinners. Luckily, the 2-year warranty and the price below $50 compensate for this small inconvenient.
To watch the Erica Automatic Electric Milk Frother Review on YouTube, click here.
2. Secure Automatic Electric Milk Frother Review
Similar to its predecessor in capacity, functioning, and even design, this milk frother is a little more affordable. You get the same stainless steel exterior and vacuum insulation carafe, detachable base, and 2 years warranty, but at a lower price.
Even better, the product adheres to North American Electrical Standards, can be powered at 120V, and comes with a free cleaning brush. Using it is as simple as pressing and holding the ON/OFF button for a couple of seconds.
Secure Automatic Electric Milk Frother lets you make both warm and cold froth, and even heat milk, so, no matter what your favorite drinks are, you cannot go wrong with it. Just keep a close eye on the level marks, as they are easy to miss, according to user reviews.
To watch the Secure Automatic Electric Milk Frother Review on YouTube, click here.
3. Kuissential Deluxe Automatic Milk Frother Review
Another powerful candidate to the title of best electric milk frother, Kuissential Deluxe Automatic Milk Frother seems to provide excellent results with regular milk, even though it may not be the best option for soy or almond milk.
Just like its predecessors, it has a detachable base and a stainless steel carafe. The interior is non-stick, therefore easy to clean. The capacity is the same: 8.5oz milk / 4.25oz froth, probably to confirm the saying “strong essences are kept in small bottles”.
The price reasonably, a very favorable experience, and the 2-year warranty make the Kuissential Deluxe an acquisition worth considering, but take your time, as you have a lot more to see!
To watch the Kuissential Deluxe Automatic Milk Frother Review on YouTube, click here.
4. Elementi Premier Milk Frother with Stand Review
If automatic electric milk frothers are too bulky and expensive for you, then you should probably consider handheld, battery-operated models. The reputation of the Elementi Original Premier speaks for itself as the best handheld milk frother, and its affordable price tag makes it worth trying.
Elementi Premier Milk Frother uses 2 AA batteries to create milk foam in less than 45 seconds. It has an ergonomic grip and a nice finish that make using it a pleasure. You can use it with both warm and cold milk, for any type of drinks, and you won’t even feel you’re using it due to its light weight.
To watch the Elementi Premier Milk Frother with Stand Review on YouTube, click here.
5. Cafe Casa Milk Frother Review
While looking up handheld milk frothers for you, we came across Café Casa. We fell in love with its sleek, lightweight design, its single-piece stainless steel construction, and its wide base that serves as a stand.
But what we loved more, were its 2 speeds, and its versatility. Cafe Casa Milk Frother can be used not only for milk froth, but also for whip cream, eggs, mayonnaise, butter, sauces, and salad dressings. Otherwise put, it can whisk anything you need it to.
It can reach 13,000 rpm at slow speed and 15,000 rpm at high speed. You can switch speeds with a single touch. 2 AA batteries make everything possible, and they’re included in the package. If you find the price point as relatively high, think of the 5-year warranty and you’ll surely change your mind.
To watch the Cafe Casa Milk Frother Review on YouTube, click here.
6. Powerlix Milk Frother Handheld Review
Just when we thought things couldn’t get any better, Powerlix made us reconsider. Powerlix Milk Frother Handheld seems to work well and fast for most types of milk: dairy or almond milk, for example. Reaching 19,000 rpm, it creates creamy consistent froth in 15-20 seconds. It is quiet, too, so no one will know your secret.
The compact, lightweight, and ergonomic design is complimented by a stainless steel stand that lets you store the frother anywhere you wish: on the kitchen counter or in a cupboard. With 3 months to try it and a bonus eBook in the package, the PowerLix costs less than $20, making an excellent deal.
To watch the Powerlix Milk Frother Handheld Review on YouTube, click here.
7. MatchaDNA Handheld Electric Milk Frother Review
When you buy a milk frother for the first time, you tend to be more careful with money, so perhaps you’re not ready to spend $20. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! MatchaDNA is probably the best battery operated milk frother under $10.
It is lightweight and easy to clean, with stainless steel whip and shaft, and ABS plastic body. It uses 2 AA batteries, and takes between 60 and 90 seconds to provide the desired milk froth, but what are a couple of seconds when you get what you want at no risks? MatchaDNA has a 60 days money back guarantee, but thousands of positive reviews assure you won’t use it.
To watch the MatchaDNA Handheld Electric Milk Frother Review on YouTube, click here.
8. Kuissential Slickfroth Handheld Review
If you like the idea of paying just a few bucks for a frother, but you are not sure MatchaDNA is the right product for you, then you should consider Kuissential Slickfroth 2.0. Handheld, lightweight, and with an attractive ergonomic design, it runs on 2 AA batteries.
You’ll fall in love with its stainless steel whisking head and durable stem, especially since you only have to clean them in soapy water, with no extraordinary efforts. The Slickfroth works so well that you can use it on almond milk as well. What more could you ask for at this price?
To watch the Kuissential Slickfroth Handheld Review on YouTube, click here.
9. 1EasyLife H422 Stainless Steel Handheld Electric Milk Frother Review
Do you like to work your magic in the kitchen, on cafes, cappuccino, and other frothy drinks? Then you’ll need a magic wand, like the 1Easylife Electric Milk Frother. Measuring just 24.8 x 1.5 cm, it has a sleek, irresistible stainless steel design, with a satin-gloss finish.
At around $10, it gets you the desired milk foam in only 20-30 seconds, and you can use it for eggs and drink mixing as well. Besides the best milk frother wand, the package contains a user manual, an acrylic protective cover, and a mixing spoon with the same sleek stainless steel design. Is this a great deal or what?
To watch the 1EasyLife H422 Stainless Steel Handheld Electric Milk Frother Review on YouTube, click here.
10. Aoshr Milk Frother Handheld Electric Review
If you have doubts regarding the effectiveness of milk frother wands, AOSHR decided to take frothing to the next level by doubling the spring whisk head. They even considered the possibility for one whisk head to break down, and included a spare one in the same package, at a similar price point.
Aoshr Milk Frother Handheld is made of stainless steel and ABS plastic. The whisk head is detachable and easy to clean. A setback could be the fact that it needs 3 AA batteries to work, but what matters is that it gets the job done. Given the 12-month warranty, it should work just fine, even for larger quantities of milk.
To watch the Aoshr Milk Frother Handheld Electric Review on YouTube, click here.
11. NoPro Glass Frother Master Review
Just in case you hate the thought of buying and replacing batteries all the time, it might be a good idea to check out some manual models. Norpro Glass Froth Master could qualify as the best manual milk frother on the market.
Able to hold 2 cups (16oz) of milk, but best used with just 1/3 cup (80ml), it produces light, great-tasting froth for coffee, hot chocolate, and even desserts in just 10-20 seconds. Though we don’t advise it, for the possible loss of nutrients, you could always warm the foam in the microwave if you need it hot.
To watch the NoPro Glass Frother Master Review on YouTube, click here.
12. Bellman Stainless Steel Hand Pump Milk Frother Review
Another viable option for a manual milk frother, the Bellemain hand pump should help you prepare creamy cappuccinos, heavenly lattes, delicious hot chocolate, breathtaking eggnog, and smooth salad dressings, in less than 30 seconds.
Remember you can take it with you wherever you go without worrying about batteries. Also, it lets you create twice the froth of its predecessor, having a capacity of 7oz/200ml for froth. If you’re worried about it breaking down, don’t be! It comes with a warranty of no less than 2 years.
To watch the Bellman Stainless Steel Hand Pump Milk Frother Review on YouTube, click here.
13. Breville BMF600XL Milk Cafe Milk Frother Review
Sometimes, enjoying a cup of coffee from a grind and brew machine or a creamy cappuccino turns from a mere habit into a passion, into an art. When that happens, you no longer care about price, size, weight, or power options; you only care about results. From this point of view, our list wouldn’t be complete without a Breville BMF600XL Milk Cafe Milk Frother review.
This device relies on induction heating and spinning. It uses different frothing discs to provide the desired texture: creamier for latte, and frothier for cappuccino. It can create up to 3 cups of froth. You just pour the milk, select the desired temperature, and press the start button. The frother turns off automatically when it reaches the desired temperature.
You’ll probably love the fact that it lets you make hot chocolate. All you need to do is add the chocolate, be it powder, syrup, or flakes, to the warming milk. When your drink is ready, you can clean the jug in the dishwasher. Are you passionate enough to fork over a Franklin for this milk brother?
To watch the Breville BMF600XL Milk Cafe Milk Frother Review on YouTube, click here.
Avoid – Nutrichef PKMFR10 Electric Milk Frother Stainless Steel Review
At first sight, this product is no different than the first 3 on our list. It has the same capacity, the same features, even similar design and functioning principles. You’d think it is an even better deal due to the slightly lower price.
Unfortunately, our research showed that the fancy presentation hides a low-quality product that breaks down after a couple of uses or fails to perform as it should. Add to that numerous complaints about warranty issues and poor customer support, and it should be easy to see why we recommend that you avoid NutriChef PKMFR10.
To watch the Nutrichef PKMFR10 Electric Milk Frother Stainless Steel Review on YouTube, click here.
Avoid – Rosie Stainless Steel Battery Powered Dual Speed Milk Frother Review
You’d expect a product that promises lifetime warranty to work flawlessly, especially when it costs twice or thrice the price of its main competitors. Well, it doesn’t seem to be the case of this Rosle’s Frother.
Despite the company’s reputation and the use of hardened steel as a main material, the poor quality On/Off plastic button was enough to ruin the deal for several buyers. Considering that the performance of Rosie Stainless Steel milk frother is nowhere near impressive, and the price is quite high, our recommendation is to avoid it in favor of the above handheld battery operated brothers.
To watch the Rosie Stainless Steel Battery Powered Dual Speed Milk Frother Review on YouTube, click here.
3 Top-Rated Brands of Milk Frother
- Breville – This brand’s history goes back to the beginning of the 70’s, and its products are sold in over 50 countries around the world. From sandwich makers and espresso machines to mixers, blenders, juicers, and more, the Breville name is synonymous with quality and performance. This becomes obvious in milk frothers as well, so any money spent on a Breville milk frother is money well spent.
- Kuissential – This brand only saw the light of day in 2011, developed by SCS Direct Inc., but it gained popularity fast, probably due to the increased focus on customer service. It includes kitchen and coffee products, available at affordable prices, and supported by excellent customer reviews and ratings.
- Secura – A surprising presence on this list, Secura is a small North American brand that has been gaining popularity by the day. It includes small appliances for the kitchen, coffee, fitness, and health & beauty categories, and it focuses on ergonomic design, ease of use, affordability, and environment-friendly materials. It offers solid warranties and unparalleled customer service.
2020 Buyers Guide to the Best Milk Frother
We know, choosing a milk frother can be difficult, even with the above list in hand. There are many products, with different characteristics and excellent reputations, and you simply can’t decide which one belongs in your home. In order to narrow down your options, you need to figure out a few details, like:
- How much and what type of milk are you planning to froth?
- What type of milk frother would you prefer?
- How much money are you willing to invest?
- Where will you be storing your milk frother?
By answering these questions and using your answers to review the products above, it will be easy to identify which milk frothers match your needs. From there on, all you need to do is compare them and follow your instincts to choose the best one. Until then, let’s see what styles of milk frothers are available, and what purposes they serve.
Different Styles of Milk Frothers and Their Purposes
There are different styles of milk frothers, each with its pros and cons. The best way to figure out which one meets your needs is to analyze the differences between them, so let’s take them one by one and see what they have to offer:
- Manual Milk Frothers – They allow you to obtain hot and cold milk froth with very little hassle. They have a pump-like design, and they take between 30 and 60 seconds to provide the desired results. Using them is often a 3-stage process: warming up the milk, filling the carafe or milk compartment, and working the hand pump, as fast as you can. Although convenient and easy to use, manual frothers are losing ground to handheld electric frothers, which are easier to clean, take less time to pay results, and require less physical effort.
- Handheld Electric Frothers – They run on 2 or 3 AA batteries, are compact and lightweight, and take up to 60 seconds to provide froth. Their effectiveness depends on the power of their motor (some models reach up to 20,000 rpm), and on the design of the whisk head (see the double spring whisk head of the AOSHR model reviewed above). They usually provide better and faster results than manual frothers, even though they have comparable prices. Some models are sleeker and lighter, being called milk frother wands. Although they make an excellent choice as first-time milk frothers and some even allow alternative uses, like whisking eggs, sauces, mayonnaise, or whip cream, handheld frothers cannot match the creamy texture provided by stationary electric frothers.
- Stationary Electric Milk Frothers – These are the only devices that also heat the milk, allowing users to obtain cold or hot milk froth without having to use a microwave oven or a kettle. Just like manual milk frothers, and unlike handheld models, they have a limited capacity – if you exceed it, milk starts pouring from them, and the texture of the froth suffers. They are bulkier and require connection to a power supply. Since they have a stationary base, the best place for them is the kitchen countertop. They provide the creamiest milk froth, within the shortest time, but the price reflects their performance, ranging from $30 to over $100 and exceeding that of the other 2 models.
3 Factors to Consider:
Now you know what type of milk frothers are available and what you can expect from them. The next step is choosing the best product for your particular needs. In order to do that, you’ll need to consider several factors, listed below:
- Milk Type: You can froth regular milk, low-fat milk, and non-dairy milk. Regular milk is the easiest to froth, low-fat milk comes in second, while non-dairy milk (soy, almond, coconut milk) poses the greatest challenges. Once you’ve made up your mind on the type of milk you wish to froth, read the presentation and the customer reviews of each product to see which one is fit for the task. Another milk-related aspect you should consider is whether you’ll be frosting warm or cold milk, whether you want it to craft lattes or cappuccino. If you want to froth warm milk and obtain creamy, delicious results, your best bet will be a stationary electric milk frother.
- Capacity: Are you the only one in your family who will be using froth? Is one cup enough for your needs? If your answers are positive, you can choose from any style of milk frother above. However, if you often have friends or relatives coming over and you need to create froth for all of you, a handheld model would be a better choice.
- Cost: At first sight, handheld milk frothers seem the cheapest option, manual models come in second, and stationary electric frothers seem to reach the sky. In reality, the cost of the batteries drives handheld models to the same price level with manual ones. The price difference from here to stationary models is low, especially since the latter do not rely on other devices for heating the milk.
Best Milk Frothers Review (2020 Buyers Guide):
Final Thoughts on Finding One of the Best Milk Frothers:
There is only one thing standing between you and that foamy latte or creamy cappuccino you crave: a milk frother. You know all there is to know about them, you have a comprehensive list with the best 13 and worst 2 models, and a practical guide on how to choose the best milk frother for your particular needs. What are you waiting for? Get your milk frother, and start adding taste and texture, and maybe some artistic influence, to your lattes and coffee drinks.