Beer is one of the most beloved alcoholic beverages of time, loved by millions of people. Even though men are often associated with drinking beer, often through a kegerator, there are many women who also enjoy this alcoholic beverage from time to time – and buying the best mini kegerator of 2020 can certainly make your experience with drinking beer much more convenient and pleasurable.
A mini kegerator will allow you to keep your beer cold and ready to be dispensed into your favorite glass without having to worry about removing bottle caps or having to run back to the refrigerator while enjoying the game on a Sunday afternoon. We’ve researched and discovered the seven top-rated mini kegerators, as well as the worst one to avoid.
Reviews of the 7 Best Mini Kegerators, Plus 1 to Avoid
1. Pressurized Beer Mini Keg System Review
We analyzed, compared, and reviewed a large variety of the mini kegerators that are currently available on the market. After a lot of research, we found the NutriChef Pressurized Beer Mini Keg System to be the best kegerator that you can currently buy. This product is available for just over $100, making it an extremely affordable option when compared to other kegerators on the market, and it comes with a complete system that takes the hassle out of using such a product.
The NitriChef Pressurized Beer Mini Keg System is a compact product that is mobile enough to move from your home bar to the living room when you want to enjoy the big game. The product has a 64 oz capacity and comes with all of the essential accessories, including a metal screen for the lid, so that you can simply take the device out of the box and start using it immediately.
2. uKeg 64 Oz Pressurized Growler for Craft Beer Review
If you are looking for a pressurized kegerator solution and have a little more money to spend, then consider the GrowlerWerks uKeg 64 Oz Pressurized Growler for Craft Beer. This particular option was developed to help you show off the craft beer you are keeping at home, while also being a convenient device that can keep your beer cold and ready to serve at all times. The product can keep your beer fresh for as long as two weeks without letting out any of the beer’s quality.
The GrowlerWerks uKeg 64 Oz Pressurized Growler for Craft Beer comes with a VPR cap that can be easily adjusted, along with a pre-fitted gauge that you can use to determine the current level of carbonation of the beer. The cap can then be adjusted according to your requirements and preferences in terms of carbonation.
The Draft Beer Dispenser Mini Kegerator Countertop Portable Keg is the best mini beer dispenser you will find that does not require the addition of CO2 cartridges or any other items that may cause you to undergo additional expenses. The product is truly portable and will fit perfectly into any kitchen countertop, or perhaps even a countertop that is fitted into your home bar.
The Draft Beer Dispenser Mini Kegerator Countertop Portable Keg comes with an LED screen and is made from high-quality stainless steel materials. The product is available in a black and silver color that looks modern and will instantly fit into any existing décor of the room you are placing the kegerator in.
4. uKeg 64 oz Pressurized Growler for Craft Beer
The best mini kegerator refrigerator we found on the market that will fit those with a taste for the vintage look would be the uKeg 64 oz Pressurized Growler for Craft Beer.
While this is similar to our second pick, its elegant finish and vintage design is what made us include it in this list. An added advantage provided by the uKeg 64 oz Pressurized Growler is that the device can also help you reduce your electricity usage with a device that can keep your beer cold and instantly dispense beer on command.
5. Fizzics Original Portable Beer System Review
The Fizzics Original Portable Beer System is truly a one-of-a-kind kegerator system that has a unique appearance and a very convenient set of features. The product is easy to use as well, making it perfect for those who are not looking for a device that will require technicality or having to read through a long manual.
The beer system is very portable and convenient, as it will fit anywhere. An additional rubber mat is included where glass is placed while the beer is being poured. Unlike most of the kegerators on the market that utilizes CO2 cartridges, the Fizzics Original Portable Beer System rather uses special technology that produces sound waves in order to make the beer foamy, reducing the need for additional accessories to use the device.
6. Lamtor 64 Ounce Mini Keg Pressurized Growler Review
Next up is the Lamtor 64 Ounce Mini Keg pressurized Growler. As the name of the product suggests, the internal capacity allows you to store up to 64 ounces of beer in the container, which means you won’t constantly find yourself running back to the kitchen while enjoying a barbeque, hanging out with some friends, or watching the game on TV. The device is relatively small and is very easy to carry around from one location to another.
One thing that sets the Lamtor 64 Ounce Mini Keg Pressurized Growler apart from many alternative options that are available for you to choose from would be the fact that this particular device was designed to be indestructible. A high-quality 304 stainless steel material was used in the manufacturing of the kegerator in order to ensure the product is extremely durable, while also being perfectly safe for storing beer in. In addition to the main 64 Ounce option, there is a second option available with larger internal storage space for people who know that they will need more beer while they are hanging out.
7. SPT BD-0538 Mini Kegerator and Dispenser Review
Last on our list is the best SPT mini kegerator – a kegerator from a well-respected brand that is known to produce top-quality kegerators and related appliances. The SPT BD-0538 Mini Kegerator & Dispenser functions both as a beer dispenser and a cooler, ensuring beer that is poured into the device will be kept at a chilled temperature and will be ready to serve at any time.
The product is compatible with a variety of five-liter kegs and utilizes a CO2 pressurized system to ensure beer stays carbonated while in storage. The SPT BD-0538 Mini Kegerator & Dispenser comes with three included CO2 cartridges, which ensures you will be able to enjoy a relatively significant amount of beer before you have to worry about replacing the cartridges.
Avoid – Nostalgia CBD5 Homecraft Kegerator Review
After taking a look at some of the best options that you can choose from if you want to buy a new mini kegerator, we also want to take a look one of the worst mini kegerators on the market. We looked at the features of various options and found that the Nostalgia CBD5 Homecraft Kegerator is really not worth the money.
At just under $200, this one is overpriced considering the fact that the product does not work as effectively as one would expect it to work. The Nostalgia CBD5 Homecraft Kegerator comes with an additional growler and the beer inside the kegerator can be kept fresh for more than 30 days. Overall, the product does not seem to keep beer cool effectively and, while the manufacturer claims that the product can keep the beer cold and fresh for a month, it does not seem like beer truly has a refreshing taste after being stored in the kegerator for a week or two.
2020 Buyers Guide to the Best Mini Kegerator:
There are many mini kegerators that you can buy today, as brands are becoming aware of how useful these products are. Some of these products are great, but others will turn out to be a waste of your money if you simply buy a random product without doing some research first. After we looked at many of the options currently available, we came up with a three-point system that helped us filter out the bad options and only have the good, high-quality mini kegerators left on our list. Below, we share with you the three main points that you should take into consideration if you are planning to buy one of these devices.
3 Main Points to Consider:
- Capacity And Size: You are interested in buying a mini kegerator, most likely to ensure it does not take up too much space, while still being to enjoy your beer on tap. For this reason, we suggest you first consider the size of the mini kegerator that you are interested in buying, as well as the capacity of the device. What’s the use in buying a mini kegerator that’s larger than the rest if its capacity falls short of the alternative options that you can choose from. These devices really do come in a variety of sizes and shapes. Some of them will fit perfectly on your kitchen’s countertop or perhaps a countertop in your home bar, while others will have shapes or sizes that does not make them an ideal option for a countertop. Additionally, many people want to keep their kegerator in the refrigerator, especially if the kegerator does not offer a built-in cooling system. In such a case, it is crucial that you consider how much space is available in your refrigerator and avoid buying a kegerator that will take up too much space – or perhaps one that might be too tall to fit into your refrigerator all together.
- Material And Quality: When you have found a particular mini kegerator that provides adequate capacity for keeping beer, and it is an appropriate size for where you want to keep the device, the next step is to take a look at the material that the device is made from, as well as the overall quality of the product. Without seeing the product in person, such as when ordering online, it can sometimes be difficult to determine the quality of such an item – but fortunately reviews from real customers who have bought the device in the past can usually shed some light on what you should expect. Stainless steel seems to be the preferred material type for mini kegerators. With stainless steel, there is no need to worry about the device staining or scratching. Stainless steel is also a more hygienic material that is used in the construction of these products, and the material makes it much easier to clean out the kegerator when you need to refill the product, add a different kind of beverage, or when you are done using it. In terms of quality, consider the brand that manufactures the device. Some brands are popular and known for producing higher quality devices and electronics than others. If you do not know the particular brand of the mini kegerator that you are interested in buying, then do some research and see if you can find out what people think of the products that the brand manufactures.
- Price: Never forget to take the price of the mini kegerator you want to buy into account. Some brands can be quite ridiculous with the prices they charge for a simple product like a mini kegerator. Yes, this is a very useful device that performs a particularly important function for people who enjoy a glass of beer on certain occasions, but this does not mean you have to pay a thousand dollars to buy a mini kegerator that is made from quality materials and one that will last you a long time. Take the fact into consideration that some brands tend to charge more for their products than others, and that this does not always mean the more expensive brand will give you a better product. Shop around and do some research. If you find that the price of the particular mini kegerator you are interested in seems a bit high, then look at alternative options and how much they cost. You might be able to find a lower priced mini kegerator that can provide you with the same performance and quality as the one you were originally interested in.
What is a mini kegerator?
A kegerator is essentially a two-in-one device. It combines the convenience of a keg with the functionality of a refrigerator into one very useful product. The product is primarily used to store and dispense beer, but many people buy kegerators and use it for other purposes – to store other types of beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. The functions that are integrated into most kegerators, however, are usually tailored toward beer particularly.
A mini kegerator is the same as a standard kegerator, but with one particularly important difference – and this is the size of the device. They are great for home use, while standard kegerators provide better functionality for use in bars and other settings where a larger amount of beer needs to be served in a relatively short period of time.
It should be noted that mini kegerators do sometimes come in relatively larger sizes – at least large enough to be incompatible with most standard refrigerators. This is something that should definitely be taken into account while you are shopping for one of these devices.
What is the advantage of a mini kegerator?
The main advantage that is usually associated with the use of a mini kegerator would be its convenience. Take the big game that comes on Sunday afternoon, for example. You might want to enjoy it with a couple of beers, but you cannot keep all of the beers with you, as you want to enjoy them cold.
The mini kegerator will come in handy here. These devices work differently, but you would usually either pour beer into the container inside the mini kegerator or place your bottle of beer directly inside. Now, you simply keep the kegerator handy on the table next to you while watching the game.
Whenever you need a refill, simply place your glass at the appropriate location of the mini kegerator and hit the tap. Some devices might work with a button instead of a tap, or sometimes a lever.
The mini kegerator will keep your beer handy and cold at the same time, while also eliminating the need to pop a cap off a beer bottle every time you need a refill.
Best Mini Kegerator Reviews (2020 Buyers Guide):
Final Thoughts on Buying a Mini Kegerator:
Whether you enjoy having a beer while you and a few friends are outside having a barbeque, or you prefer a few beers while inside watching the big game, one thing is definitely for sure – you do not want to get up every 15 minutes to get a new bottle of beer from the refrigerator, and then have to struggle to get the cap off. What happens if you miss a big moment in the game? When you buy the best mini kegerator of 2020, there are no more worries about having to get up so often. Simply keep the kegerator nearby and tap out some beer whenever you need a refill. These devices are incredibly easy to use, and they can be extremely handy in many cases. We’ve reviewed many of the options available and brought you the best that you can choose from in this post.