Beer is something that most people enjoy drinking. When it comes to serving beer, there are many ways to go about this task. While some people prefer to drink straight from the bottle, others enjoy pouring out a glass of beer instead. If you are one of those people who would rather prefer to pour your beer into a glass, then you probably already know about beer dispensers and kegerators – in this post, we’ll take a look at the best outdoor kegerator of 2020, allowing you to serve up ice cold beer while having a barbeque with a few friends outside. We’ve researched and discovered the seven top-rated outdoor kegerators, as well as the worst one to avoid.
Reviews of the 7 Best Outdoor Kegerator, Plus the Worst 1 to Avoid
1. EdgeStar KC2000SSTWIN Full Size Stainless Steel Dual Tap Kegerator & Draft Beer Dispenser Review
Kegerators with two taps are convenient and quite popular, which is why we decided to start this review post off by looking at the best dual tap outdoor kegerator that we could find. The EdgeStar KC2000SSTWIN Full Size Stainless Steel Dual Tap Kegerator & Draft Beer Dispenser certainly matched our criteria while we filtered through hundreds of options. The device is made from quality stainless steel material, which means there is no need to worry about the weather conditions on the outside of the house, as the device will easily withstand them.
The EdgeStar KC2000SSTWIN Full Size Stainless Steel Dual Tap Kegerator & Draft Beer Dispenser can provide temperatures that range from low 30s (Fahrenheit) up to the mid-40s (Fahrenheit). Rolling casters are included underneath the device to make moving the kegerator easy and convenient, while a protective floor plate, also included with the purchase of the device, protects the surface underneath the kegerator. This particular device comes in two different colors, including black and silver.
2. EdgeStar KC7000SSODTRIP Full Size Tower Cooled Triple Tap Built-In Outdoor Kegerator Review
The best triple tap outdoor kegerator that we were able to find is the EdgeStar KC7000SSODTRIP Full Size Tower Cooled Triple Tap Built-In Outdoor Kegerator. Now, it is important to understand that this is not a portable kegerator that you’ll be able to move around from one location to another location. Instead, this particular option was designed to be built into a cupboard space, and the top side of the product will then be installed within the countertop.
The EdgeStar KC7000SSODTRIP Full Size Tower Cooled Triple Tap Built-In Outdoor Kegerator features a built-in cooling system, together with a ventilation system in the front and an air-cooled internal beer tower. The product also comes with a safety long, a professional handle, and an adjustable thermostat that lets you determine how cold your beer should be served. The door is reversible, and the product comes with a total of four casters included with the purchase.
3. Kegco Kegerator Digital Beer Keg Cooler Refrigerator Review
The next outdoor beer dispenser with a built-in cooler that we want to take a look at on our list is the Kegco Kegerator Digital Beer Keg Cooler Refrigerator. This is a complete system that comes included with a keg tapping kit, making it more convenient and less costly on your side to get things going and to be sure you are ready to serve beer when friends come over. The product features a very large interior that ensures a large variety of kegs can be supported.
The Kegco Kegerator Digital Beer Keg Cooler Refrigerator is compatible with Coors kegs, Rubber kegs, and with Miller kegs. The product comes with a range of additional features that makes it an ideal choice for many people, such as the high-quality material used in its construction, combined with the powerful technology used to ensure the beer that is located on the inside of the device can be kept at the perfect technology at all times.
4. EdgeStar KC3000SS Full Size Kegerator with Digital Display Review
The best commercial kegerator is not necessarily the largest one, but rather one that was built to last a significant period of time. For smaller commercial operations, the EdgeStar KC3000SS Full Size Kegerator with Digital Display is a perfect option, as it can also double as a kegerator for the outdoor area at home. This particular option comes with a freestanding design that means you do not have to worry about the need for building and reconstructing cupboards in order to start using the kegerator. The product is also compatible with a variety of kegs that you are able to find on the market.
The EdgeStar KC3000SS Full Size Kegerator with Digital Display features a built-in customizable thermostat, which can be adjusted with ease. The current temperature of the inside can be viewed by checking out the digital display unit that is also built into the device. The product comes with a drip tray, a guardrail, as well as a set of a caster. Various modes can be chosen to adhere to your preferences, including a deep chill mode for faster cooling of your beer.
5. Kegco K309SS-1 Full Size Digital Kegerator Review
If you are still looking for the best kegerator refrigerator that can provide you with value for your money, then be sure to look at the Kegco K309SS-1 Full Size Digital Kegerator. This device is digitally operated to ensure temperature can be adjusted and set accurately, which means you can serve beer at the specific temperature that you enjoy it at. The product utilizes a dual gauge CO2 regular and comes included with a CO2 cylinder. This ensures beer will always taste fresh, even if you have been storing the beer in the kegerator for a few days. The larger interior compartment of this kegerator also means you might be able to use an existing keg that you have laying around, reducing the need for having to purchase a new keg that is compatible with the device.
6. Nostalgia KRS2100 Full Size Kegerator Draft Beer Dispenser Review
The Nostalgia KRS2100 Full Size Kegerator Draft Beer Dispenser offers the perfect balance for those who need a product that is not too expensive, but still provides them with the functionality that they desire. This particular kegerator comes in a very attractive design that will easily fit into any modern outdoor area. The double tap system means beer can be dispensed into two glasses at once. The product also features a 13-inch chrome beer tap tower, a guardrail, a drip tray that is made from stainless steel material, and a spring-loaded tap system. The kegerator is available in black or silver.
7. Kegermeister KM2800BK Kegerator Full-Size Single-Tap Beer Refrigerator and Dispenser Review
The last option on our list is surely the best single tap outdoor kegerator that you’ll find right now. The product features a very attractive and modern design, along with a series of useful features that will make the process of dispensing beer outdoors convenient and a breeze. The Kegermeister KM2800BK Kegerator Full Size Single Tap Beer Refrigerator and Dispenser is UL-approved, which means this device can also be used for commercial operations. It comes with a set of smooth-rolling casters, and the system can keep beer stored within the internal compartment fresh for as long as three months. The temperature of the device can easily be adjusted according to your preferences.
Avoid – Kegco Commercial Direct Draw Beer Dispenser Review
Now that we have introduced you to seven of the best options that you can choose from when you wish to buy a kegerator that is appropriate for outdoor use, we want to show one of the worst outdoor kegerator on the market as well, to help you avoid wasting your money on a product that will only end up disappointing you. First, The Kegco Commercial Direct Draw Beer Dispenser is way overpriced. Even though the device is NSF compliant and features a commercial grade setup, there are much better options out there at significantly lower prices.
The Kegco Commercial Direct Draw Beer Dispenser is a freestanding device that is mounted on a set of wheels, which does make it relatively easy to move the kegerator around. This particular product was designed to be an appropriate option for both home use and commercial use, as the manufacturer claims that it can be used by pubs, bars, and restaurants. There is a manual dial fitted on the kegerator that also allows the temperature of the device to be set to a preferred option to serve beer at an appropriate temperature.
2020 Buyers Guide to the Best Outdoor Kegerator:
When you start looking at the outdoor kegerators out there, you’ll quickly discover that there are too many to choose from. With each brand claiming to provide the best one that is currently available on the market, customers are often finding it extremely difficult to know which brand they should trust, and which ones they should not buy from.
While we filtered through a relatively large list of outdoor kegerators that can currently be found on the market, we used three specific points in order to throw out the unworthy options and be left with only the best devices that are available. We share the three main points that we looked at below.
3 Main Points to Consider:
- Quality: Anyone looking to buy an outdoor kegerator should take the quality of the device as the first priority. Remember that you are planning to use this device outside, which means it needs to be of high quality in order to withstand weather conditions like the sun, rain, and windy days. For this reason, there are various factors that you need to look at before you decide whether or not a particular outdoor kegerator deserves a spot on your top list for the options that you are considering. Start by taking a look at the material that the kegerator is made of. These products are made from various materials. For most people, a stainless steel outdoor kegerator would be the preferred option. This is because stainless steel is a higher grade and better quality material than standard steel and similar materials that can be used. Even though stainless steel kegerators do tend to cost more than alternative options, consider the fact that these products will be resistant to factors such as stains and corrosion. They will also provide better durability, and they will withstand outdoor weather conditions better than most other materials that you’ll find these products in.
- Temperature: When you find an outdoor kegerator that is made from high-quality materials, and it features a well-crafted construction, the next factor that you should look at would be the supported temperatures of the product. You obviously do not want to serve up a batch of warm beer – you want the beer to be as cold as possible so that you, your family, and perhaps even a couple of friends, can enjoy the beer while sitting outside in the sun. These products vary in terms of the temperatures supported. There are some outdoor kegerators that come included with a digital temperature regulator. In these cases, you are usually able to adjust the temperature of the kegerator in order to find the most appropriate temperature for the specific type of beer that you are planning to serve. If an outdoor kegerator model you are interested in does not feature a temperature controller, be sure to take a close look at the temperature it will reach to cool down your beer. This will help you realize whether your beer can be served at the perfect temperature or not with the specific kegerator that you are interested in.
- Portability Versus Mounting: The last point that we want to discuss to help make the process of buying the right outdoor kegerator is really a personal preference instead of a specific factor that you need to look out for. There are a lot of outdoor kegerators that are portable. They can be moved around easily. On the other end, we have a range of these kegerators that are mounted or installed into a cupboard space or a similar structure. This is something that you should consider while you are looking at the various options that are available right now. If you have an outdoor area where the product can be installed, and you spend most of your time outdoors in this area, then buying a mountable or installable kegerator might be the ideal solution for you. If you wish to be able to move the kegerator around – such as from the barbeque area to the swimming pool – then avoid opting for a kegerator that needs to be installed. Instead, consider a freestanding outdoor kegerator that can be moved around – some will even come with rolling casters, which makes moving them from one area to another much faster and easier.
What is an outdoor kegerator?
Most people who dispense beer into a glass instead of drinking the beverage from the bottle are already aware of what a kegerator is. It is a device that basically combines the functionality of a beer dispenser or a keg, along with the ability of a refrigerator to keep whatever is inside cold.
An outdoor kegerator is exactly as the name sounds – it is a kegerator that is made for keeping your beer available and ready for dispensing outdoors.
There are various benefits that you can expect from an outdoor kegerator, but the major one will be the fact that you don’t need to run back to the kitchen every time someone needs a refill on their beer.
Some outdoor kegerators come with a built-in temperature regulator as well, which means you will be able to set the temperature of the internal container where your beer will be stored to a level that you prefer, ensuring you can enjoy a glass of beer at the perfect temperature – not too cold, but also not too warm.
What are the differences between a single tap, dual tap, and triple tap outdoor kegerators?
Various types of outdoor kegerators are available. While the main differences between these devices are often considered to be the fact that some are portable, while others need to be installed, it is important to notice other differences as well.
Here, we want to discuss three common options that you will come across while looking at the outdoor kegerators that are available – these include single tap, dual tap, and triple tap options.
The names really explain what they are. A single tap outdoor kegerator has only one tap that is used for dispensing beer. A dual tap has two, while a triple tap contains three taps – this means you can fill up three glasses of beer simultaneously.
In terms of which one you should choose – the choice really is up to you. Some people prefer to have only a single tap kegerator, while others may rather choose to opt for one with multiple taps. If you enjoy drinking beer with a couple of friends, then multiple taps might be a good option, especially if you throw parties on a frequent basis. Other than these, a single tap option will usually satisfy your needs.
✅ Outdoor Kegerator: Reviews of the 7 Best Outdoor Kegerator, Plus the Worst 1 to Avoid ❎:
Final Thoughts on Buying the Best Outdoor Kegerator:
Dispensing beer through a kegerator is a preferred method of serving this alcoholic beverage for many people. When having a barbeque or an event outside, even if it is just a day out by the pool, serving beer is best done through the best outdoor kegerator of 2020.
This type of kegerator can usually withstand most weather conditions and often allows you to load a rather significant amount of beer into the container to ensure you do not have to run back to your kitchen refrigerator too often. We’ve shared the best options on the market with you in this post to help make the choice of buying the right outdoor kegerator easier and more convenient so that you can focus on serving up those beers instead of filtering through thousands of different options.