The convenience of the best single bottle wine chiller really provides value when it comes to storing a quality bottle of merlot or perhaps a chardonnay for dinner or hosting guests. There are quite a wide variety of these wine refrigerators on the market, from single to six, 12 bottle and more. This can make it difficult to know which is the right fit for your home wine storage setup. We’ve researched and discovered the seven top-rated single bottle wine chillers, as well as the worst two to avoid.
Reviews of the 7 Best Single Bottle Wine Chiller, Plus the 2 Worst to Avoid
1. Oster 4208 Inspire Electric Wine Opener with Wine Chiller Review
After some extensive research, we found the best single bottle wine chiller of 2018 to be the Oster 4208 Inspire Electric Wine Opener with Wine Chiller. This is a complete package, in fact. You get a high-quality wine cooler that is made from thermal stainless steel and features a double wall design. The included electrical wine opener makes it effortless to open up a bottle of wine to enjoy – plus there are no wires attached to the wine bottle opener.
The wine chiller does not require any ice to keep your bottle of wine cool. Simply take an already chilled bottle of wine out of the fridge and place it in the cooler – the special insulation will help to keep the wine at the chilled temperature for several hours.
2. Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage and Wine Chiller Review
If you are looking for the best electric single bottle wine chiller, then you should definitely consider the Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage and Wine Chiller. While this particular option may be somewhat more expensive than other options we have in this review post, it offers an electric cooling system that can cool your bottle of wine in as little as just six minutes. The cooler comes with an automatic touchpad with built-in presets.
This device does require ice and will spray the ice water onto the bottle of wine while it is rotated on the inside of the cooler. The lid can also be easily removed when the wine bottle features a longer design. Once the cooler has done its job, it will automatically switch off, which will help you save money on electricity in the long run.
3. Wine Enthusiast Double Walled Iceless Wine Bottle Chiller Review
The Wine Enthusiast Double Walled Iceless Wine Bottle Chiller offers a great way to keep wine cool and on display at the same time. The cooler has a transparent design that lets you see the bottle of wine. There is no need to add ice to this particular wine bottle chiller as it works with a specially designed insulation that helps to retain the original temperature of the wine when it is placed inside of the product.
Wine should be pre-chilled before being added to this wine cooler. Once added, the insulated design can keep the wine at a cool temperature for up to three hours. The acrylic container is also made from a BPA-free material.
4. Secure Stainless Steel Electric Wine Opener Corkscrew Bottle Opener Review
The Secure Stainless Steel Electric Wine Opener Corkscrew Bottle Opener is a complete five-piece gift set that comes with a wine cooler bucket, as well as additional accessories that will make the experience of drinking chilled wine much more convenient for anyone. The included wine cooler bucket that comes as part of this gift set helps to keep your wine cool for several hours. Ice is preferred as this will help to provide a better-chilled experience.
The bottle opener is electric and comes with a charging base, as well as a storage unit for the foil cutter. An LED light is also attached to the stainless steel electric wine bottle opener to provide feedback on the operation, as well as to indicate when the battery’s power is running out and the device needs to be charged.
5. Vacu Vin Rapid Ice Elegant Wine Cooler Review
The Vacu Vin Rapid Ice Elegant Wine Cooler is the best rapid single bottle wine chiller that we found to be available on the market at the moment. This is quite a unique option when it comes to keeping a bottle of wine chilled. It does not require ice, and you also do not need to place a pre-chilled bottle of wine in the cooler in order to serve up some chilled wine. The cooler has a special gel layer on the inside. You simply place the cooler in the freezer for approximately six hours. This helps to activate the gel layer.
The cooler is then placed into the included stainless steel container, where a bottle of wine can then be added. The wine will be chilled by the frozen gel layer.
6. Oggi Double Wall Stainless Wine Cooler Review
The Oggi Double Wall Stainless Wine Cooler features a sophisticated design, along with some useful features that will help you serve chilled wine to your guests. This particular option is one of the most affordable single bottle wine chillers on the market. It features a double wall design that provides maximum temperature retention, which will ensure your wine is kept at the right chilled temperature for several hours.
The cooler does not require ice, and there is no need to place it in the freezer prior to use. It should be noted, however, that the wine bottle added to the cooler should be pre-chilled, as the product was designed to retain the temperature of the wine and not to cool it down any further.
7. Portable Bottle Cooler Wrap Sleeve by DOZZZ Review
Last on our list of top options when it comes to buying a single bottle wine chiller is the Portable Bottle Cooler Wrap Sleeve by DOZZZ. This is avery unique product and does not come with a bucket or any electrical device. Instead, the cooler is in the form of a wrap.
The wrap is placed in the freezer for around two hours. Once chilled, you simply place a bottle of wine inside of the wrap and it will help to chill your wine and keep it cool. The manufacturer claims that the wrap can cool an entire bottle within just 10 minutes. The chilled temperature will also be retained for up to four hours.
Avoid – Single Wine Chiller Black by Sharper Image Review
It is not only important to look at the best options, but we should also take a look at the worst single bottle wine chiller on the market. After careful consideration, we found the Single Wine Chiller Black by Sharper Image to be the least ideal option that you can buy right now.
Even though cheap, considering the fact that the cooler is electric, it is not made from high-quality materials and the electrical cooling system is known to stop functioning appropriately after just a few uses. Furthermore, it does not seem like this particular device cools a bottle of wine to the exact temperature that is configured on its display.
Avoid – Iceless Wine Chiller Review
While shopping for one of these products, you should also try to avoid this single bottle wine chiller. While the product may seem convenient at first, it is important to consider the features and quality of the device. At less than $40, it might seem like a bargain, but this device does not cool down a bottle of wine effectively. When it is switched on, and a bottle of wine is placed in the Iceless Wine Chiller, it also takes a considerable amount of time to reach the ideal temperature in order to serve chilled wine.
Furthermore, this device is very noisy as compared to alternative options on the market that also features an electronic cooling system. It also does not feature a top cover, which means after cooling the wine, the temperature is not retained effectively.
2018 Buyers Guide to the Best Single Bottle Wine Chiller
Some single bottle wine chillers are more convenient than others and can ensure your wine stays cool for longer. Knowing what particular factors to look for when you do decide to buy one of these products can help you buy a product that will certainly not disappoint. Below, we share three important points to take into account when you want to buy a single bottle wine chiller.
3 Main Points to Consider
- Design: There are two essential elements in regards to a single bottle wine chiller’s design that should be taken into account. First, the design should be practical and provide for maximum cold retention. This will ultimately ensure that the bottle of wine you place in the chiller will be kept at a cold temperature for multiple hours. If the design fails to provide adequate insulation and cold retention, then it will end up being a waste of your money. Second, the design should appeal to you. There are various designs available that offers maximum cold retention – so when all of these are considered, you should choose on that will fit with your décor.
- Ice Requirements: While some of the single bottle wine coolers on the market need to be filled with ice, others contain special features like gel padding that does not require you to add ice in order to keep your wine chilled for a couple of hours. This is very much a personal choice, but many people do prefer the options that do not need ice to keep wine cool. This is because ice tends to melt, and eventually you sit with a bucket of water. Wine chillers with a built-in gel padding are usually added to the freezer for an hour or two and will then be able to keep a bottle of wine at a chilled temperature for up to three hours – sometimes even longer, depending on the quality of the insulation.
- Quality: The quality of the wine chiller that you want to buy is also an important factor that you should consider. You would obviously want to use the cooler more than once, so there is no use in buying the cheapest option on the market that is poorly made. This will result in a wine cooler that is going to break easily. Consider the materials that are used in the design of the single bottle wine chiller that you are interested in buying. This will not only give you an idea of the quality and durability of the cooler but will also help you determine how well the cooler will be able to retain its chilled temperature to keep your bottle of wine cool.
Is it better to have a multi-bottle or single-bottle wine chiller?
Many people struggle to choose between buying a single bottle or a multi-bottle wine chiller. Both have its own unique advantages, which can make the decision difficult. With a multi-bottle option, you get to keep more than a single bottle of wine chilled. These options are also usually electrical and will provide you with a chilled temperature for your wine for as long as you need it.
A single bottle wine chiller, on the other hand, usually only provides a chilled temperature for a few hours and was designed to provide a cooling function for a bottle of wine that is currently being used. The single bottle option is ideal for dinners and keeping an open bottle of wine at the perfect refreshment temperature. A multi-bottle option is more ideal for storing wine over a longer period of time.
Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage Chiller (Video Demonstration):
Final Thoughts on Buying the Best Single Bottle Wine Chiller
The number of options available when looking to buy the best single bottle wine chiller in 2018 can be overwhelming. Fortunately, with some initial pointers in mind, the process of choosing the right chiller for you becomes much easier. We have shared the top options for 2018 in this post, so all that is left to do is for you to make a choice.