Stainless steel coolers have become a relatively popular option for house parties and backyard barbeques. You may choose the best stainless steel cooler on the market to enjoy the classic look of these coolers, which will fit in with almost any kind of décor on the inside or outside of your home, despite the fact that they won’t perform as well in situations like camping and rugged outdoor activities. We’ve researched and found seven top-rated stainless steel coolers, plus two you should avoid.
Reviews of the 7 Best Stainless Steel Cooler, Plus the 2 Worst to Avoid
1. Trinity TXK-0802 Stainless Steel Cooler with Shelf Review
The best stainless steel cooler of 2020 is the Trinity TXK-0802 Stainless Steel Cooler with Shelf. This cooler is made for a high grade 304 stainless steel that will offer maximum performance and durability. A dark bronze finish is found on its legs, shelf and the lid of the cooler for a better overall appearance. The cooler fits perfectly with modern and classic interior décor. The container provides 80-Quart storage space and can hold up to 96 cans. The entire cooler is placed on a cage that comes with wheels, making it easy to move the cooler around. It is quick and easy to set up once you receive it and its high-quality materials ensure a better overall resistance to rust and stains, even when left out in the elements in the backyard.
2. Igloo Products Corporation 00044669 Stainless Steel Cooler Review
Our research indicates that the best stainless steel cooler by Igloo is the Igloo Products Corporation 00044669 Stainless Steel Cooler. This cooler has a 54-Quart internal storage capacity, allowing enough storage space for a party or a barbeque, but without making the container too big; thus leading to a more portable cooler. The shell of the cooler is made from stainless steel that has been manufactured to be rust-resistant, ensuring a longer lifespan and the ability to maintain the appearance of the cooler for years. The cooler also features the brand’s cool riser technology, which helps to improve the cold retention inside of the container. This cooler claims to be built to keep ice for as long as four days in total.
3. Coleman 54-Quart Steel-Belted Cooler Review
The best stainless steel cooler by Coleman currently on the market is the Coleman 54-Quart Steel-Belted Cooler. This cooler is made from heavy-duty stainless steel that can withstand most environmental conditions without rusting. The container can keep as much as 85 cans cold for as long as four days, ensuring that the cooler can be used for multi-day trips or events. Comfort-grip handles on both sides, made from high-quality steel, means the cooler will be easy to carry around, while its compact size also ensures that it is not too heavy to be carried by only two people. The Coleman 54-Quart Steel-Belted Cooler has been designed to offer a retro look, which is considered a trending décor statement in modern times.
4. Outsunny 80 QT Rolling Ice Chest Portable Patio Party Drink Cooler Cart Review
If you are looking for the best stainless steel cooler with wheels, then take a look at the Outsunny 80 QT Rolling Ice Chest Portable Patio Party Drink Cooler Cart. This cooler has been designed to provide a cart-like performance, similar to a wheeled cooler, ensuring that it can be rolled from one location to another with ease. Handles located on both sides of the cooler box also makes it easy to carry the cart where wheels are not an appropriate option. The durable steel frame ensures the cooler looks great, no matter your current décor, but also performs well under different conditions. The cooler has been built to provide the user with years of performance. For added convenience, a bottle opener is built onto the side of the container, together with a department that catches the bottle caps.
5. Corona Stainless Steel Beer Cooler Review
For some, a smaller option may be more appropriate when you are only planning a peaceful day in their backyard – perhaps spending some quality time with your family. In such a case, the best small stainless steel cooler would be the Corona Stainless Steel Beer Cooler. Even though dubbed a beer cooler, this option is appropriate for food and many other items as well. The cooler box features a specially designed latch, ensuring that the internal content can be sealed shut. This helps to prolong the cold retention on the inside and to ensure that the heat from the outside environment will not cause the ice to start melting.
6. Tommy Bahama 100 Qt Stainless Steel Rolling Party Cooler Review
A true collector’s item and also the best large stainless steel cooler we found available at the moment, the Tommy Bahama 100 Qt Stainless Steel Rolling Party Cooler is perfect for throwing a party or having a big barbeque in the backyard. This cooler box is made from durable, high-grade stainless steel, ensuring that exposure to the sun and even wet conditions will not cause the steel to rust. The internal container is “super-sized” to ensure more food and drink can be kept cool during a hot summer day. Thermoform insulation is used inside the container to help provide a maximum level of cold retention, while the molded top allows for easy access to foods and drinks, which can be easily divided thanks to the split lid design.
7. ORCA ORGCG058 Cooler with Extendable Flex-Grip Handles Review
The ORCA ORGCG058 Cooler with Extendable Flex-Grip Handles offers a balance between price, performance, durability, and portability. The cooler box is made from durable stainless steel that does not rust easily, even when the box is kept outside. The 58-quart internal storage allows for a large number of cans and food items to be stored and kept at a cold temperature when it is hot outside. The roto-molded construction of the cooler ensures heavy-duty performance, while the flex-grip handles ensure it is easy to carry the cooler box around. In addition to its main internal storage compartment, a cargo net is attached to the cooler box to provide extra storage space for utensils and other items that do not necessarily need to be kept cold.
Avoid – Coleman Camping Tailgating 54 QT Stainless Steel Belted Ice Chest Review
If you prefer a stainless steel cooler and like the Coleman brand, then we recommend you avoid this Coleman steel belted cooler and rather opt for one of their other coolers. The Coleman Camping Tailgating 54 QT Stainless Steel Belted Ice Chest has a 54-Quart internal storage capacity and a number of additional features that might make it seem convenient, but we found some negative factors that outweigh the positives. In particular, it seems like the steel utilized in the construction of this cooler box is not as high-grade as other options, which means rust will start to develop much faster on this cooler.
Avoid – Oakland Living AZ91008-60-S Stainless Steel 15 Gallon Cart Outdoor Cooler Review
And now, for the worst stainless steel cooler on the market, we found the Oakland Living AZ91008-60-S Stainless Steel 15 Gallon Cart Outdoor Cooler to be a fit for this criteria. There are some positive aspects to this cooler box, such as the relatively large internal storage capacity, coupled with its split lid feature that helps you divide the internal content according to your preferences. Unfortunately, we also found that this cooler does not perform well in outdoor situations and tend to develop rust faster than some of the cheaper options on the market. Its price is also higher than many alternative options with similar storage space and features.
2020 Buyers Guide to the Best Stainless Steel Cooler
Many options are available when buying a stainless steel cooler, which ironically makes it easy to buy the wrong cooler, resulting in an option that will rust easily and not serve its purpose of looking good while keeping drinks and food cold during a backyard barbeque or holiday party. We’ve compiled three important factors to consider while shopping for one of these coolers.
3 Main Factors to Consider
- Size: One of the main factors to take into account when shopping for a stainless steel cooler would be the size of the container. There are quite a large variety of options out there. Some of these coolers provide adequate storage for an entire party’s beer or other beverages, as an ice chest would, while other options would rather offer just enough space for you to keep your beer cool while relaxing next to the pool. You should start by considering what you will be using the cooler for and then determine the most appropriate sized cooler for your needs – this will not only give you the right sized cooler, but also help you save money in the process.
- Outdoor Performance: Not all of the stainless steel coolers on the market are made with the same grade of materials. There are different types of stainless steel that can be used to manufacture these coolers – some of these material options tend to last longer and provide better overall durability than others. When you opt for a cheaper option that is made from low-grade stainless steel, then it means the cooler will not provide you with good overall performance in outdoor situations. If you are planning to find an option for use as a camping cooler in the outdoors, consider opting for a cooler with a higher grade stainless steel or a different style of cooler altogether.
- Overall Convenience: Lastly, always take the overall convenience of the cooler you are interested in buying into consideration. Some options provide features that make it more convenient than other options – consider all of these features and identify the ones that will be most useful to you and the situations you want to use the cooler in. For example, there are certain stainless steel coolers that come on wheels, as well as provide racks that can be used to keep your beer, beverages, and food on. Do you want to rely on ice or on electricity to maintain the right temps for your food and drinks? If you are staying close to the home, you may find a thermoelectric cooler made in a stainless steel variety that suits your needs.
Will a stainless steel cooler rust if it’s left outside?
A lot of people opt for products that are made out of stainless steel, such as these coolers because they think that this type of steel is resistant to rust. Unfortunately, this is a common misconception that many people have made, only to be later proved wrong. Stainless steel has a higher level of corrosion resistance, or rust resistance, than standard alloy steels and carbon steels. This, however, does not mean it is completely “rust-proof.”
In general environments, stainless steel coolers are not likely to rust quickly. When they are exposed to certain conditions that can be described as more aggressive, than they can reach the limit of their corrosion resistance, which means rust formation is surely to occur.
Constant exposure to sunlight is one of the particular problems that causes stainless steel coolers to rust, but this does not happen as quickly (or at all) with all of these coolers. A higher grade stainless steel will perform better and last longer, as well as have a higher level of rust resistance, than a lower grade option.
✅Stainless Steel Cooler: Reviews of the 7 Best Stainless Steel Cooler, Plus the 2 Worst to Avoid ❎:
Final Thoughts on Buying the Best Stainless Steel Cooler
Even though rotomolded coolers or soft sided coolers are on the most popular end of the spectrum in terms of cooler options, many people are turning toward the classic stainless steel versions due to their appearance and style. Choosing the right cooler is vital as some stainless steel options do not perform well and will rust in certain situations. After extensive research, we brought you the best stainless steel cooler of 2020 in this review guide and hopefully you are better suited to make an informed purchase decision.