Farmhouse kitchen designs have become popular. Finding the best stainless steel farmhouse sink plays an essential role in such a design. Apron front, farmhouse style kitchen sinks come in many materials. Most modern appliances are stainless steel, so it only makes sense to match your sink to this material. We’ve researched and discovered the seven top-rated stainless steel farmhouse sinks, as well as the worst one to avoid.
Reviews of the 7 Best Stainless Steel Farmhouse Sink, Plus the Worst 1 to Avoid
1. Kraus Farmhouse Apron Single Bowl Review
After we did a considerable amount of research, we found the best stainless steel farmhouse sink of 2019 to be the Kraus KHF200-36 36-Inch Farmhouse Apron Single Bowl Sink. This sink is made from the top-quality stainless steel material and comes with additional accessories, including a grid, which makes it a more convenient option than many of the competing options on the market right now. Apart from the more popular 36-Inch option, this sink also comes in two smaller sizes, including a 33-inch option and a 30-inch option. A series of thick rubber pads are included to provide quality insulation, ensuring that overflow water will not drip to the sides of the sink.
2. Zuhne Farmhouse Apron 60/40 Deep Double Bowl 16 Gauge Stainless Steel Luxury Kitchen Review
It is no surprise that Zuhne is a top-rated brand for kitchen accessories, which is why we looked for the best Zuhne stainless steel farmhouse sink. We found the Zuhne Farmhouse Apron 60/40 Deep Double Bowl 16-Gauge Stainless Steel Luxury Kitchen Sink to fit all of our criteria for a top option. While the price of this particular option is somewhat higher than other offers on the market, this farmhouse sink offers a number of features that will make it an ideal solution for different types of kitchen layouts. In addition to providing two bowls, which is perfect for washing dishes and rinsing them, this particular sink also comes with a lifetime warranty, further adding to the value offered.
3. Farmhouse Apron 60/40 Double Bowl 16 Gauge Stainless Steel by Kraus Review
After we looked at different options from the Kraus brand, we found the Kraus KHF203-33 33-Inch Farmhouse Apron 60/40 Double Bowl 16-Gauge Stainless Steel Sink to be the best Kraus stainless steel farmhouse sink that is currently available on the market. This particular option is also on the higher end when it comes to the price, but the quality and the addition of a convenient warranty makes it worth the money for most people. Apart from the default 32.88-inch option, customers can also choose a larger option, at 35.88 inches. The sink features a stone undercoating, along with thick rubber pads for insulation on the sides that will be mounted toward the cupboards during the installation of the sink. This sink comes with two grids, as well as other extra accessories, adding more value and convenience to the purchase.
4. Apron Front 33-Inch Stainless Steel Undermount Kitchen Sink by Lordear Review
If you are looking for the best stainless steel farmhouse sink for the money, then be sure to take a look at the LORDEAR SLJ16003 Apron Front 33-Inch Stainless Steel Undermount Kitchen Sink. This particular sink comes with a large variety of accessories, including a baking kit, and a convenient grid. This is a single bowl option that comes with a satin finish and scratch resistant features. A 3mm rubber padded insulation also ensures water will not escape to the sides of the sink, should an overflow happen. The LORDEAR SLJ16003 Apron Front 33Inch Stainless Steel Undermount Kitchen Sink also comes with a limited one-decade warranty. Those individuals looking for a smaller option can also choose the 15-inch option, which offers a shallower bowl to help save on water usage.
5. Undercounter Single Basin Stainless Steel Sink with Shortened Apron-Front for 36-Inch Cabinet by Kohler Review
The best Kohler stainless steel farmhouse sink that we were able to find available on the market at the moment is the Kohler K-3943-NA Undercounter Single Basin Stainless Steel Sink with Shortened Apron-Front. This particular sink was made to fit a 36-Inch Cabinet perfectly and has a 9-inch internal depth. The sink is made from a top-quality 18-gauge material and a single basin rack for added convenience. The quality of this product makes up for the somewhat higher price when compared to some of the other single basin options on the market. In addition to its standard features, this particular stainless steel farmhouse sink comes with a one year warranty to ensure any factory-related faults can be fixed or the product can be replaced to assure the customer’s satisfaction with the sink.
6. Vigo 36-Inch Single Bowl 16 Gauge Stainless Steel Farmhouse Apron Front Kitchen Sink Review
If you like the contemporary designs offered by the Vigo brand, then the Vigo VG3620CK1 36-Inch Single Bowl 16-Gauge Stainless Steel Farmhouse Apron Front Kitchen Sink is most certainly the best Vigo stainless steel farmhouse sink that you will find. This particular sink is made from commercial-grade stainless steel material to ensure a durable, long-lasting sink that will not start to give you problems after just a couple of years. The sink comes with rounded corners, as well as the brand’s unique SoundAbsorb Technology. The exterior of the sink is coated with high-quality rubber padding to ensure adequate insulation. The sink was designed in such a way to fit modern kitchen designs but to still hold true to the traditional farmhouse sink design.
7. Franke Kinetic 33-Inch Apron Front Farmhouse Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Stainless Steel Review
Finally, we also want to share the best Franke stainless steel farmhouse sink that you will find on the market. The Franke Kinetic 33-Inch Apron Front Farmhouse Double Bowl Kitchen Sink perfectly matched our criteria when we looked at the different options available from this brand. The price of this particular stainless steel farmhouse sink may be unpleasant for many people, but the superior quality offered by this sink certainly makes up for the higher price. The sink features a double bowl design, with each bowl fitted with a 3.5-inch drainage system, which will fit the majority of modern garbage disposal systems. The polished satin finish does not only ensure durability and a great look but also ensures the sink is scratch resistant at the same time. The bowls come with drain lines, which also speeds up draining of water in the sinks. Furthermore, sound minimizing technology was used to produce a quiet operation of the sink.
Avoid – Kohler Top Mount Single Bowl Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink with Tall Apron Review
We have now looked at seven of the best options out there when it comes to installing a stainless steel kitchen sink. Now, we want to share with you the worst stainless steel farmhouse sink on the market. This would be the Kohler 3935-1-NA Top Mounted Single Bowl Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink with Tall Apron. While this particular option does not seem like a bad choice at first, we found a couple of negative factors that could make it a less ideal choice than the other sinks we have shared in this review post. In particular, this sink does not come with an appropriate insulation system and, while installation does seem to be easy, the overall design will not be suitable for many existing kitchen layouts. We also found that this sink does not come with an appropriate warranty.
2019 Buyers Guide to the Best Stainless Steel Farmhouse Sink
When you decide to install a stainless steel farmhouse sink in your kitchen, there are a few factors that need to be taken into consideration to ensure you buy the right sink for your kitchen. Below, we will share three of the most important points to take into account to ensure you make the right choice the first time.
3 Main Points to Consider
- Size:The size of the stainless steel farmhouse sink you will buy plays a big role in its function within your kitchen. There is no “one-size-fits-all” option, as this particular point will depend on a number of factors – such as whether you will be installing the sink into an existing kitchen layout or rather a completely new layout. Consider how much space is available before you go out to buy one of these sinks. You should also consider how much water will be required to fill the sink – more traditional designs will require a much more significant amount of water, while newer designs of the farmhouse sink will require less water.
- Design:Another important point that you should take into account is the overall design of the farmhouse sink you may be interested in. Stainless steel farmhouse sinks come in a wide variety of designs and styles – you should ensure that the particular design you opt for will fit into the kitchen layout where the sink will be installed. Some of these sinks will follow the traditional apron front styles that most people know of, while others will provide a shallower internal space, or perhaps some twists that could make them more appropriate for the existing kitchen decor where the sink will be fitted.
- Features:Apart from considering the size and design of the stainless steel sink, you should also take into account the features offered by the sink. This particular point goes hand-in-hand with the design factors that you should consider when you look at the various options that are available to you. Traditional designs will usually have no allocated space for a faucet and often not an overflow. These are particular features that you should look for if your kitchen layout may require the convenience of an internal faucet space, as well as when an overflow will be needed to avoid water flowing over the sides of the sink.
What are the characteristics of a farmhouse sink?
The way farmhouse sinks are designed and manufactured had changed considerably since its original design in the 17th century. Today, there are hundreds of different styles to choose from, but there are still a couple of features that are shared among farmhouse sinks that allow the sink to be categorized as a “farmhouse style” option.
One of the most obvious factors about these sinks is the fact that they are often very deep, as they were originally made to store large amounts of water. These sinks often do not provide an area for a faucet to be installed as well, since, at the time of the original design, water had to be fetched from wells and then often stored in these sinks.
Furthermore, farmhouse style sinks are often designed to be installed a bit to the front of the counter. This design was used to ensure water that flows over the top will fall to the front of the sink, reducing the risk of damaging cupboards that may surround the sink.
Farmhouse Kitchen Design (Video):
Final Thoughts on Buying the Best Stainless Steel Farmhouse Sink
A farmhouse sink can offer the perfect traditional twist to a more contemporary kitchen design, but not all of these sinks were designed equally. Thus, we have shared the best stainless steel farmhouse sink of 2019 as well as one you may want to avoid, in order to help make a choice easier and to ensure you do not buy a sink that you will later come to regret as you embark on your kitchen upgrade or renovation.