We’ve researched and tested the top-rated stainless steel water filters based on price, filtration effectiveness, NSF certifications, and warranty. The best choice for 2023 is the ProOne Big+ gravity water filter.
Large 3-gallon capacity
Includes non-slip stand and stainless steel spigot
Comes in multiple color options
Long 6 month filter life
is made with 304 food-grade stainless steel and
8,000 gallon life
The best stainless steel water filter options are gaining popularity due to their effectiveness, but also because they reduce exposure to microplastics. They can fit in with the desired look in terms of both kitchen decor and the outdoors. Additionally, these filters deliver a superior taste to alternative options.
Whether you are looking for the best overall system, the best water filter for camping, or the best stainless steel water bottle, we’ve got you covered! We tested dozens of options to narrow down the options for any scenario.
My review will cover not only our favorite stainless steel filters but also a detailed buyer’s guide at the bottom. Let’s go!
🏆Best Stainless Steel Water Filter
- Best Overall: ProOne Big+ Gravity Water Filter
- Best Stainless Steel Water Bottle: Clearly Filtered Water Bottle
- Best Countertop Water Filter: Waterdrop Countertop Stainless Steel Filter System
- Best Stainless Steel Pitcher: Invigorated pH Vitality Stainless Steel Alkaline Water Pitcher
- Best Faucet Mount: PUR Plus Faucet Mount Horizontal Water Filtration System
- Best Value Gravity System: Waterdrop King Tank Gravity Filter
⭐Stainless Steel Water Filter Reviews
ProOne Big+ Gravity Water Filtration System
The ProOne gravity filter is one of few stainless steel gravity filters to have truly NSF certified components. What I love about this style is you can use your tap water or any potable water source to feed it and get fresh water anywhere!
Versatile Use: This 3-gallon countertop gravity filter is not restricted to just home use, the durable 304 stainless steel design makes it a perfect addition for any camping trip, emergency preparedness kit, or kitchen. Since there’s no electricity or plumbing required, as long as you have potable water, you can have clean water just about anywhere.
NSF Certified: All filters carry NSF/ANSI certification and have been tested by an independent lab according to NSF standards, so you can rest assured that your water is being filtered to the highest quality standards.
Unique Ceramic Filter: The ProOne Big+ Gravity Water Filtration System uses cutting-edge Ceramic filtration candles to bring you clean drinking water free of harmful heavy metals including lead, bacteria, fluoride, VOC’s and over 200 more contaminants, while also leaving healthy calcium-rich minerals behind, which improves water taste.
Long Filter Life: Filters are infused with silver, which helps prevent unwanted contaminant growth without compromising taste or quality, leaving you worry-free when it comes time for another change. Each filter provides up to 6 months worth of clean drinking water before needing replacement.
Everything Included: The ProOne Big+ kit also includes a stainless steel spigot and non-slip stainless steel rack, your choice of up to 3 filter elements, and a one year warranty.
If you are looking for a gravity filter that includes all the premium components, but still has the most affordable price, the ProOne is for you. The best part is the filter components are NSF certified too!
- Filters are NSF certified to remove over 200 contaminants
- Includes a non-slip stand for easy placement
- Big 3-gallon capacity
- One-year warranty
- Does not require electricity
- Does not include a sight glass with spigot
- Is gravity fed so you need to wait for the water to filter
Clearly Filtered Stainless Steel Water Bottle
With superior construction and sleek appearance, the Clearly Filtered Water Bottle is the best stainless steel filtered bottle to remove up to 99.9% of harmful tap water contaminants. It comes in both 20 and 32 oz insulated design that is perfect for the gym, office, outdoors, or your go to for everyday use.
Affinity Filtration: The Clearly Filtered Water Bottle features Affinity Filtration Technology which efficiently removes more than 220 contaminants at 99.9% purification. The Clearly Filtered Water Bottle is the best frontline defense against harmful impurities like chlorine, fluoride, lead, mercury, herbicides, pharmaceuticals, pesticides and volatile organic compounds.
BPA Free Materials: All the components of bottle are tested according to NSF standards, and are 100% phthalate, BPS, and BPA-free.
Multiple Colors: We appreciate that this premium filtering water bottle comes in multiple unique colors at a competitive price. My personal favorite is Sage Gray!
Long Life Span: Moreover, a flip-top mouthpiece makes it easy to clean and store for the next adventure. Stainless steel double-insulation walls keep the water cold for up to 24 hours. The replaceable water filter lasts for 25 gallons of clean water, or up to 6 months.
Awesome Warranty: To back it all up, Clearly Filtered provides a lifetime warranty.
The Clearly Filtered Stainless Steel Water Bottle is perfect for all around everyday use. I use mine while I’m working and take it with to workout too. The filter replacements only cost $25 and last for a couple of months, so it very cost effective (cheaper than bottled water!)
- Advance filtration technology removes up to 99.9% of 220+ contaminants
- Multi-purpose design made of 100% BPA and BPS-free
- Very affordable price and filter replacements
- Insulated stainless steel construction with a lifetime warranty
- Filter is slightly restrictive, makes it a bit hard to drink
- Good for on the go, but not ideal if you want a lot of water on demand
Waterdrop Stainless Steel Countertop Filter
Waterdrop WD-CTF-01 Countertop System has an outstanding stainless steel water filter system with that has 5-stage filtration. Removing tap water contaminants with up to 99.9% purity. Easy to install, this filter is top-notch for kitchens, offices, or even RVs.
Easy Setup: The Waterdrop WD-CTF-01 is the best faucet stainless steel water filter. It installs easily and quickly right onto your countertop faucet. You can always call a licensed plumber, but that shouldn’t be necessary. You simply connect it to your kitchen faucet which takes less than 15 minutes!
Effective Filtration: The Waterdrop 5-stage filtration system attacks sediment, chlorine, colloid, and other harmful substances found in tap water. But, it also permits the useful minerals to stay. The water mineralization aspect is a bonus for home chefs. Purified water is best for cooking rice, or other making soup, as well as for drinking.
Long Filter Life: After you connect it, the filter is able to handle 8,000 gallons of water before replacing.
Durable Construction: Made from 304 food-grade stainless steel with an elegant brushed appearance, this filter looks great in all settings. It is also made with 100% BPA materials for the best quality water.
The Waterdrop Countertop Filter is perfect if you want a sleek stainless steel look, but want water on demand. Unlike gravity filters that take a little time to filter, this system has a high flow rate that will provide as much water as you need. And if you can’t make any modifications to your plumbing, this is also a great choice.
- Five stage filtration system removes up to 99% of common water contaminants
- Easy installation that takes 15 minutes
- Made with 304 food grade stainless steel
- Long 8,000 gallon filter life, or 12 months
- Not portable like the gravity water filters
- Must be connected to your tap to work
Invigorated Water pH Vitality Pitcher
The Invigorated pH Vitality Stainless Steel Alkaline Water Pitcher is an excellent stainless steel choice for anyone who needs a BPA certified alkaline filter pitcher in the fridge. The sleek look is a game changer for passing around the kitchen table.
Large Capacity: The sleek design of the pH Vitality water pitcher is perfect for either on the go or for entertaining at home. And, it has a surprisingly large water capacity. The stainless steel water filter pitcher can store up to 1.9 litres, while its filter can serve up to 105 gallons throughout its lifetime.
Effective Filtration: The Invigorated pH Alkaline filtered water pitcher uses a 10-material filter blend to cut out lead, iron, and chlorine while allowing helpful minerals like calcium and magnesium. The filter blend will last for 105 gallons before needing replacement. And replacements are only $15!
Awesome Warranty: Size is no reason to pass up the best stainless steel water filter pitcher available. The stainless steel design and exterior make this filter pitcher more durable than other options. If you don’t believe this is the best stainless steel water filter pitcher, Invigorated will provide a 100% refund not questions asked!
The Invigorated Water is perfect if you want a stainless steel pitcher that help with filtration while also increasing the pH of your water. It fits perfectly in the fridge for chilled water too.
- Helps remove harmful tap water contaminants while increasing the pH of the water.
- Unique design looks very good in the kitchen.
- Very affordable price and filter replacements
- The filtration performance is not as strong as traditional filter options
- Smaller capacity if you want lots of water consumption
PUR Plus Faucet Mount Filter
This PUR Plus horizontal mounted water filter provides excellent design and performance. Enjoy crisp filtered water directly from your home faucet with the PUR PLUS system. Easily switch between filtered water and regular tap water.
Easy Installation: The best part of this stainless steel filter system is the easy installation. This stainless steel style attaches easily to your faucet. No tools are required!
Effective Filtration: The PUR Plus Faucet Mount System filters out over 70 contaminants including lead. This system also filters out chlorine which many cities add to tap or drinking water. The filter system includes PUR’s Mineral Core technology which uses natural minerals to instantly filter water.
Long Filter Life: Filters will last for 3 months. For the optimal performance, it is recommended to replace filters with the PUR faucet mounted water filters. It also has a filter change light to remind you.
The PUR Plus is best for people that want fast access to filtered water without any installation and at an affordable price. It easily attaches to any standard kitchen faucet for water on demand.
- Very affordable and fast access to filtered water
- Certified to reduce 70 tap water contaminants
- Long filter life with filter change light
- The filtration performance is not as strong as larger filter options
Waterdrop King Tank
The Waterdrop 2.25-gallon King Tank Gravity Water Filter System offers durability and dependability on any outdoor adventure without compromising quality or taste, and at a price that is significantly lower than comparable units.
Everything Included: One of the unique features we like with the King Tank Gravity Water Filter System is it includes a liquid-level spigot so you can easily view your water level, unlike other gravity filters, with which you need to constantly open the top lid to check the water level. The spigot itself is made with lead free metal and as an added bonus, this system includes a non-slip stand.
Effective Filtration: The Waterdrop comes with two filtration options – either two black carbon filters, or you can get the package with both two black carbon filters and two ceramic fluoride filters. The black filter elements are made up of four stage natural coconut activated carbon to reduce a variety of harmful substances, including 98% of fluorine and 98.95% of residual chlorine with a life of 6,000 gallons per pair. While the fluoride filter is designed for city water contaminants and has a life of 1,000 gallons per pair.
Durable Construction: It’s made of 304 food grade stainless steel and is tough enough to withstand 220 pounds worth of weight, so you can take it anywhere you go.
If you’re looking for a high-quality gravity water filter that can make a big difference in the quality of your water under every scenario, the Waterdrop 2.25-gallon King Tank Gravity Water Filter System is the best bang for the buck.
- Made of 304 thickened food grade stainless steel
- Removes up to 98% of fluorine and 98.95% residual chlorine with carbon filters
- Includes a water liquid-level spigot and a stand
- Can be used with both black carbon filters or fluoride filters
- Only has room for two filter elements
- Gravity filtration can take 20 minutes compared to other filter options
2023 Buyers Guide to the Best Stainless Steel Water Filter
Stainless steel water filters are great because of their durability. If possible, test your water source to find the ideal filter solution. The best stainless steel water filter should be the size that fits your needs, easy to use, and durable on many levels.
Key Considerations To Choose The Best Stainless Steel Water Filter
- Durability: Unfortunately, durability isn’t just whether or not your stainless steel water filter can survive a drop or two. Stainless steel is generally-speaking, very durable. But, when you look at the design, you will see the opportunity for leaking, tipping, and other minor flaws. Stainless steel design also means that you can’t fix minor issues easily. When looking at stacking stainless steel units you want something that sits flush. Even if the assembly is a bit difficult, a tight fit will fight against leaks. A unit that has gaps between pieces that fit together may also start building up mold or bacteria. Without constant cleaning, a loose-fitting unit will not last for very long. The other aspect of durability is tipping. Because stainless steel filters are usually on the countertop, you don’t want any chance of something holding gallons of water to tip over. Many people opt for built-in or faucet water filters to avoid this possibility.
- Ease of Installation: Yes, even water filters can be difficult to handle sometimes. But how on earth can a stainless steel water filter have difficulties? Installation is a big deal to a lot of people. Many filter systems stack together. A straightforward assembly. But, others might install into your sink, counter, or onto your existing sink faucet. How do you choose which is right for you? If you don’t feel comfortable installing hardware, stay away from sink-mounted options. You might also want to avoid faucet extensions. However, most of the counter installation or faucet extensions are simple. Detailed instructions on installation will lead you step-by-step through the process.
- Size: There are various “standard” sizes, but there are issues with the width and height of many stainless steel filter options. A comfortable size for many people is about 14 to 20-inches tall. This height can comfortably sit on a counter that has an overhead cupboard. At this height, you might need to slide the unit out to refill it, but it won’t be a struggle. The second issue to consider with size is your water consumption. If you are only worried about taking care of 1 person’s water needs, you’re in luck. Nearly anything will work for a single person. But, if you have a family or office of people using the same filter you need something that can handle the water use.
We have previously included the Big Berkey in our stainless steel water purifier review, but given the carbon filters were taken off the market, we had to remove it from our list until they are available again. Recently the EPA decided to change the Berkey filter’s classification to a “pesticide”. Yes, you read that correctly.
The Big Berkey uses a 9-inch Black Berkey filter. While the kit comes with two element filters, the Big Berkey is able to hold four if you want to increase flow rate. Unlike other stainless steel water filter systems, this system is self-sterilizing and re-cleanable. These features are outstanding additions for anyone using this system outside of the home.
The Big Berkey is an ideal water filter for camping or in RVs. You can add untreated water straight from rivers or lakes. This filter captures pathogenic bacteria, parasites, reduces pesticides and herbicides. It can hold 2.5 gallons of water and can filter about 15-gallons of water per day. This water volume is enough for up to 16 adults on a regular basis.
Berkey also has a great alternative for camping or hiking, but again, it is currently unavailable. With a similar design to other stainless steel models, the Travel Berkey Stainless Steel Filter has a few hidden benefits. Its size makes it an excellent choice for anyone living alone. Many stainless steel water filters will hold over a typical family’s water use. However, this model caters to one to three people with its compact size. It can hold up to 1.5-gallons of water in its reservoir and stands at about 18-inches tall. But, when it’s not in use, you can nest the unit at the height of about 9-inches.
It can hold two of the patented Berkey black purification elements that are capable of removing 99.99% of viruses and pathogenic bacteria. This is important, specifically for this model which is the best water filter for camping, because you can add water straight from the lake or river and drink it with peace of mind. The combination of a standard filter with fluoride removal abilities slims down the design.
The Travel Berkey is also economical. Each filter can last for up to 6,000 gallons before replacing. That equals about 2 cents per gallon! It is highly recommended to replace the filters with the Berkey brand filters.
We have also included the Brita stainless steel water bottle in previous review, however, this year it was edged out by the Clearly Filtered. Perfect for on-the-go activities, the Brita stainless steel water bottle holds 32 oz of water. Additionally, it is an eco-friendly alternative to using hundreds of single-use plastic water bottles every year. Making the switch to a stainless steel water bottle will also save you a lot of money.
The bottle features double-wall insulation to keep your water cold all day, and it comes with a straw and leak-proof lid. The Brita stainless steel filtered bottle is compatible with Brita brand replacement filters. The filter itself is BPA-Free and reduces the taste of copper, mercury, and chlorine. Although it does not eradicate these contaminants, it makes a huge difference. It is recommended to replace them every couple of months or after 40 gallons of use.
FAQs On Best Stainless Steel Water Filter
Is stainless steel water filter safe?
Yes, when it comes to the safety of purified water, stainless steel and glass are the best options as they don’t risk leaching microplastics and chemicals into your water.
What are the benefits of a stainless steel water filter?
Most stainless steel water filters require no electricity and are well suited for emergency preparedness. They are also durable as they are made with 304 stainless steel. Especially with gravity filters where you can feed them with any potable water source.
How can I clean my stainless steel filter?
Because fingerprints and dust build-up more easily, to solve that problem, you can purchase a brushed stainless steel unit. Or, a quick wipe with a damp towel will leave the unit as clean as ever.
Final Thoughts on Finding the Best Stainless Steel Water Filter
Finding the best stainless steel water filter of 2023 is easy (After reading this guide!). You need something durable, easy to install, and that fits your water needs. You can always choose a countertop option that you can refill as necessary or install a faucet attachment.
If you have any questions, just send us a message and we’ll get back to you ASAP!