The best thermal carafe coffee makers have become popular because they allow you to brew the perfect cup of coffee and keep your coffee warm for several hours, without the need for additional heating devices. We’ve researched and discovered the nine top-rated thermal carafe coffee makers of 2020, as well as the worst one to avoid.
Reviews of the 9 Best Thermal Carafe Coffee Makers, Plus the Worst 1 to Avoid:
1. Cresimo Stainless Steel Thermal Coffee Carafe Review
Let’s start with the best thermal carafe coffee maker of 2020. After sifting through dozens of different options on the market, the Cresimo Stainless Steel Thermal Coffee Carafe stood out strongly when considering features, price, and overall quality.
This appliance is available at quite a reasonable price and comes with a special design that allows for maximum heat retention. According to the manufacturer, you are able to keep your coffee hot for as long as 12 hours when you use this carafe as instructed, which is a significantly longer period of time as compared to some of the other carafes that you are able to find on the market right now.
The manufacturer also claims that you can use the carafe for keeping cold beverages at a cold temperature for as long as an entire day. The product was designed to make pouring with one hand easily, and the stainless steel material used in the construction provide durable and long-lasting performance.
2. Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker with Thermal Carafe Review
This model of the Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker with Thermal Carafe is a complete system and not just a carafe, which is why the price of this option is somewhat higher than some other options that you may be presented with. The Hamilton Beach Coffeemaker with Thermal Carafe offers a number of convenient features that will definitely make the product a worthy one.
The coffee maker is compatible with both ground coffee and K-Cup packs, which adds more versatility to the types of coffee you can brew with the machine. The device is also programmable, allowing you to set a timer, decide when coffee should be brewed, and more. The included carafe can hold enough coffee to serve 10 cups in total and can ensure your coffee stays hot for several hours.
3. Cuisinart Programmable Thermal Coffeemaker Review
After viewing multiple options from the Cuisinart brand, the best Cuisinart thermal coffee maker on the market at the moment is the Cuisinart DCC-3400 Programmable Thermal Coffeemaker. This particular option can serve as many as 12 cups of coffee, and the carafe is made from a high-quality stainless steel material. This ensures maximum heat retention, ensuring your coffee is still hot even if you want to pour a cup a couple of hours after the original brew. The fact that the stainless steel is high-quality also means the device will last for an extended time period, which ultimately adds additional value to your purchase.
The Cuisinart Programmable Thermal Coffeemaker also comes with a coffee maker system that gives you a 24-hour timer, self-cleaning features, and a setting that allows you to decide how much coffee the machine should make for you. Furthermore, you get to control how strong your coffee should be. This product is available in different colors, including silver and black. It is also one of the more affordable complete systems out there that comes with a carafe included.
4. Zojirushi Fresh Brew Coffee Maker Plus Thermal Carafe Review
The Zojirushi Fresh Brew Coffee Maker Plus Thermal Carafe offers a more vintage look as compared to other systems that we have shared on our list. This particular option is somewhat more expensive than the other options but comes with many convenient features. The included carafe can hold enough coffee to make up to 10 cups, ensuring you have an adequate supply of coffee for you and your family, even when everyone does not want a cup of coffee at the moment the coffee is brewed. The carafe is also made with a special insulation technology to ensure the liquid on the inside will stay warm for multiple hours.
The Zojirushi Fresh Brew Coffee Maker Plus Thermal Carafe features an automatic cleaning cycle that makes it much easier to keep the machine, as well as the included carafe, clean all the time. You also gain access to a programmable interface, a timer, and a digital display.
5. Cuisinart Classic 10 Cup Thermal Programmable Coffeemaker Review
Another great option from the Cuisinart brand is the Cuisinart DCC-1550B Classic 10 Cup Thermal Programmable Coffeemaker. This is another complete system that comes with everything you need to brew a delicious batch of coffee – not just the carafe itself. In addition to the 10-cup option, you can also choose the larger version that holds enough coffee for 12 cups in total. The product is available in two different colors, including black and white, ensuring it perfectly matches your kitchen’s interior décor.
A charcoal-based water filter is built into this machine to ensure water is filtered during the brewing process, removing any toxic materials that may be present in the water you place in the machine. The machine is also programmable and gives you various options to choose from when you decide to brew up a batch of coffee.
6. Velocity Brew 10 Cup Thermal Carafe Home Coffee Brewer by BUNN Review
Next up is the Velocity Brew 10 Cup Thermal Carafe Home Coffee Brewer. This machine is built by the BUNN brand and offers a very modern appearance, which would go perfectly with a large variety of kitchen decors. The price is quite fair when you consider the features of this particular product, along with the particularly unique design that is offered here. You can make up to 50 oz. of coffee in a single batch, which will serve approximately 10 cups of coffee. According to the official manufacturer, it takes approximately three minutes to brew up a batch of coffee in this machine.
The carafe itself offers vacuum insulation, double wall design, which means it can provide adequate heat retention to allow coffee to stay at a heated temperature for approximately two hours after it was brewed. A programmable interface is also offered, along with a heated pad that can be used to keep coffee warm for even longer. The stainless steel design also ensures you get a longer-lasting device that will ultimately be worth your money.
7. Extreme Brew 10 Cup Thermal Programmable Coffeemaker by Cuisinart Review
The Cuisinart Extreme Brew 10 Cup Thermal Programmable Coffeemaker is yet another excellent option for anyone looking to buy one of these devices. This product also comes as a system that includes a coffee maker machine, as well as a high-quality coffee carafe that was designed to help keep your coffee at an enjoyable temperature for several hours. The thermal carafe features a double wall design with a special insulation technology. The Cuisinart Extreme Brew 10 Cup Thermal Programmable Coffeemaker comes with several automation features, which helps you set up a timer that tells the machine when it should brew coffee for you – this way, you can get up in the morning, and your coffee will be ready for you. You can select how strong the brew should be. Two different filters are also installed in the machine to help remove toxins and other impurities from water.
8. Optimal Brew 10 Cup Thermal Coffeemaker System by Mr. Coffee Review
The Mr. Coffee Optimal Brew 10 Cup Thermal Coffeemaker System certainly deserves mention on our list. This particular option has a very attractive and modern design, and it is made from top-quality materials, and, at the same time, it is also one of the most affordable coffee maker systems that you are going to find. At less than 70 dollars, you get a system that gives you a fast and easy way to brew coffee. The manufacturer claims that their system will make coffee in 20% less time that competitor options and that it will heat the water up to the perfect temperature to ensure a bolder taste. The water reservoir can be easily removed for cleaning and to refill. The carafe that comes included in the system can also keep your coffee warm for more than two hours.
9. Black and Decker 12 Cup Thermal Coffeemaker Review
Finally, we would also like to share the Black and Decker 12 Cup Thermal Coffeemaker. According to all the research we have done, this is the best thermal coffee maker 12 cup option that is available. This coffee maker is also very affordable and includes a fully programmable interface that gives you an opportunity to set specific times at which coffee should be brewed, as well as tell the device how long it should keep your coffee warm with the built-in heating pad. When you take the carafe out of the machine, then the double wall insulation system that is built into the carafe will continue to keep your coffee hot for a minimum of two hours. You are also able to choose between different brew strengths when using the Black and Decker 12 Cup Thermal Coffeemaker.
Avoid – Hamilton Beach Programmable 10 Cup Coffee Maker with Thermal Insulated Carafe Review
After looking at the best options that you will be presented with when you are trying to buy a new carafe coffee maker, we now want to share with you the worst thermal carafe coffee maker on the market. After we looked at many different options out there, we found the Hamilton Beach Programmable 10 Cup Coffee Maker with Thermal Insulated Carafe not to meet our standards. Even though this particular option does have some handy features to offer, it is certainly not the best option that you can pick up today.
The Hamilton Beach Programmable 10 Cup Coffee Maker with Thermal Insulated Carafe comes with a timer that can be programmed according to your requirements, as well as a pause function that can be activated when you want to serve some coffee. Other noteworthy features include a clock display, as well as an auto shut-off function.
2020 Buyers Guide to the Best Thermal Carafe Coffee Makers
While it is certainly useful to buy a carafe coffee maker, just as it is to buy an espresso machine or latte maker, there are a couple of factors that you should keep in mind while you are looking at the options that are currently available. Some options can provide you with better value for your money, while others may not effectively keep your coffee hot for an extended period of time.
3 Main Points to Consider
- Price: The price of a thermal carafe coffee maker should be one of the most important factors that you take into consideration because these kitchen appliances can widely vary in price. You may find an option for less than $50, while another one might cost you well over $200. There would, of course, be a difference in features between two such options. For this reason, consider how much you can spend, but also keep your needs in mind – the more features you need, the more money you should be willing to spend on a carafe coffee maker. There is no need to spend hundreds of dollars on one of these appliances when all you need is a simple one that will help keep your coffee hot for an hour or two – this would simply be a waste of money.
- Features: Another important area that you should spend some time on is the features that each particular option you are interested in has to offer you. Even though these appliances seem fairly simple and even similar, many of them tend to come with unique features that help to keep your coffee fresh and hot for longer, or other particular features that may come in handy when it comes to making coffee. While some thermal carafe coffee makers will only come with a container, others will include a complete system that will make your coffee and keep it warm for you. Consider how much coffee you drink, how you would like to prepare your coffee, and what particular features you would like your carafe coffee maker to feature before you make a final decision as to which option you would like to opt for.
- Quality & Insulation: Quality is one of the most crucial points that you should always look at. It can be quite difficult to determine which of these coffee makers are high-quality and which ones are not. Generally, the cheapest option on the market will often be the one that will not last for a significant period of time and will often be the one to disappoint you, but this is not always the case, however. For a better idea of the quality, as well as the insulation of a carafe coffee maker, one of the best resources available to you would be the user reviews section. Take a quick look at the reviews – focus on both good and bad reviews. This will give you a better idea of how others feel about the coffee maker and how they found its overall quality to be.
How long does coffee stay hot in a carafe?
The main reason for buying a carafe coffee maker is because these appliances were made for storing coffee over a couple of hours. Generally, when a percolator is used, the coffee is kept warm through a heated pad, but this means extra electricity is needed. When coffee is made in a regular container, and it is kept away from a heated pad, then the coffee will usually start to go cold in just a few minutes. This is where a carafe coffee maker comes in handy – it gives you a special design that has been developed to keep your coffee warm for much longer.
There is no precise answer to how long a carafe coffee maker will keep your coffee hot, as they are made in different ways. Generally, however, one of these appliances tend to keep coffee at a hot temperature for at least one to two hours. Some options may be able to ensure your coffee stays hot for longer than just two hours, while others may have inadequate insulation and your coffee may end up starting to get cold within the first hour.
Best Thermal Carafe Coffee Makers Reviews (2020 Buyers Guide):
Final Thoughts on Buying One of the Best Thermal Carafe Coffee Makers
Brewing coffee in the morning, and perhaps frothing it for a latte effect, and then keeping it warm and ready-to-serve during the day can be very helpful to sustain your energy during a long work day. Buying one of the best thermal carafe coffee makers of 2020will allow you to do just that. Brew, sip and enjoy!