Planning a road trip with family or friends? Maybe a weekend of car camping in nature? You may know that the best thermoelectric coolers of 2020 are designed with these purposes in mind, in order to keep food and drinks cool without the use of ice or ice packs. While modern coolers have become much higher quality over recent years, compared to your traditional Coleman or Igloo, electric coolers offer some of the most advanced cooling options on the market; some even feature heating controls. We’ve researched and discovered seven top-rated thermoelectric coolers, as well as one you may want to avoid.
Reviews of the 7 Best Thermoelectric Cooler, Plus 1 to Avoid
1. Wagan 12V Cooler Warmer Review
When looking at the many different options you get to choose from, we find the Wagan EL6224 12V Cooler Warmer to be the best thermoelectric cooler of 2020. This cooler has a 24L internal capacity, which means you can store as much as 27 cans of beer or beverages. In addition to providing a high-quality cooling feature, the device can also be set to keep food warm on the inside, which is excellent when traveling during winter and looking to keep pies, soup, and other content warm and ready-to-use at any given time. The cooler is fitted with indicator lights on the back that shows you which setting is currently in use – heat, cool, or off. Different temperature settings are also available to ensure more accurate control. The cooler is powered by a 12V input plug that can be plugged directly into the car.
2. Knox Electric Cooler And Warmer Review
Another option that can definitely be considered the best iceless cooler for anyone on a lower budget is the Knox Electric Cooler And Warmer. This is a multi-functional option that can keep the internal content cool or warm, depending on what you put on the inside and how you configure the device. The cooler has a 32L internal space capacity, allowing for the storage of around 48 cans. The Knox Electric Cooler And Warmer also come with a built-in divider, making it easy to create two separate compartments for storing food and drinks separately. The divider can be removed if only a single compartment is required. Two power plugs are included with this cooler to ensure the device can be powered in the car and at locations where a standard wall outlet is present.
3. BLACK+DECKER TC204B Portable 12V DC Travel Cooler Warmer Review
If you are looking for the best 12-volt cooler, then consider taking a look at the BLACK+DECKER TC204B Portable 12V DC Travel Cooler/Warmer. This cooler has been specifically designed for keeping your food warm or your drinks cold in the car. It is one of the most portable options on the market and features an attractive design as well. The cooler can store up to eight cans of beverages or beer. The temperature controller allows for the internal temperature of the cooler to reach around 40 degrees (Fahrenheit) below the ambient temperature. Heating allows for up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. A convenient 12V DC power cord allows the device to be easily connected to a car’s power supply. This cooler also features a cup holder on top for added convenience.
4. Igloo Iceless Thermoelectric Cooler Review
This is certainly the best Igloo iceless thermoelectric cooler you will find on the market – it offers a good balance between features and pricing. The cooler can be picked up for less than a hundred bucks and comes with a convenient set of features that makes keeping your drinks cold and ready to drink while traveling a breeze. The power cord is eight inches long and can plug into virtually any 12V DC power supply, including the cigarette lighter compartment in your car. The Igloo Iceless Thermoelectric Cooler comes in two size options, including a 26-Quart and 28-Quart option. The device is also available in two different colors, including silver and white. Two specially molded side-panels ensures two-handed operations such as carrying the cooler is easy and more convenient.
5. Coleman 40 Quart PowerChill Hot Cold Thermoelectric Cooler Review
The best Coleman iceless thermoelectric cooler on the market right now is the Coleman 40 Quart PowerChill Hot Cold Thermoelectric Cooler. This cooler has one of the most attractive designs and is also a portable option that is perfect for campaign out or having a road trip in an RV. The internal storage compartment of this cooler can hold as much as 44 cans of beverages and beer, as well as additional snacks. The cooler can reduce the internal temperature to 40 degrees below ambient temperature and can also be set to warm the internal content to around 140 degrees higher than the ambient temperature. The motor used in this cooler is made from high-quality materials to allow for a longer lifespan of the device itself.
6. Koolatron 18 qt Compact Cooler Review
If you are looking for the best electric cooler for camping, then consider the Koolatron 18qt Compact Cooler. This is a convenient option that has all the features needed in a cooler for camping and it comes at a very convenient price. The cooler features a slim design that is perfect for fitting into smaller spaces, such as when a lot of people are going on the road trip or when there is a lot of luggage. A foldable handle is installed on top to make carrying the cooler around easy. The cooler is powered by a 12V power supply, allowing for easy usage in a car. An additional transformer can be connected to power the device with a higher voltage power supply.
7. Kinverch Mini Fridge Electric Cooler And Warmer Review
Finally, the best electric cooler for car that would fit into most people’s budgets and portability requirements is the Kinverch Mini Fridge Electric Cooler and Warmer. This is a slim-fit device that will work perfectly for an overcrowded car, but is also large enough to hold enough contents when traveling in an RV or camping out. This mini fridge electric cooler comes in two colors, including blue and black. It is also available in two sizes, including a 10L option and a 15L option. The cooler can be powered by either a DC or an AC power supply and comes with the appropriate cords for each power option. This cooler also comes with a quiet motor, which is a beneficial factor as some of the coolers tend to make a lot of noise.
Avoid – Lemorange 12V Portable Car Fridge Review
All of the coolers we have reviewed so far are excellent options for taking with you when you are going camping or even just a road trip. Now, we want to look at the worst thermoelectric cool, which, in our opinion, would be the Lemorange 12V Portable Car Fridge. This is a good option for anyone looking to buy an iceless cooler that simply works, but its features are not as good as some of the other options. The Lemorange 12V Portable Car Fridge is on the cheap side and does provide both cooling and heating features, but the overall temperatures provided with each of these functions are considered inappropriate when it comes to keeping beer “ice cold” or keeping food warm enough to enjoy at any time. There are also many complaints about the device being a low-quality option.
2020 Buyers Guide to the Best Thermoelectric Cooler
There are many thermoelectric coolers that you can choose from. Even though they may seem similar, some of these coolers are better than others – and there is little need to spend several hundred dollars either. Let’s consider some important factors that you need to consider when you decide to opt for a thermoelectric cooler.
3 Main Factors to Consider
- Portability: You are interested in buying a thermoelectric cooler because you want to take it with you to keep your food fresh and your drinks cold while traveling – perhaps during a road trip. This means you need a cooler that prioritizes on portability. Consider the portability features of the coolers you are considering before making a final choice. The particular criteria for each person would depend on factors like how many people will be traveling with them, what they will put into the cooler, and how much space would be available in the car. A larger family means more luggage, ultimately leading to less space – in such a case, it may be a good idea to opt for a cooler with a more slender shape and one that is more compact.
- Input Power Options: Another important factor to take into consideration is the power features of the cooler you are interested in. These power options will determine how the cooler can be used and where it can be used. Coolers that features a 12V power configuration are usually considered more appropriate choices for traveling and road trips, as these can be plugged into a car. Some of these coolers will rather be fitted with a high voltage input, often ranging from 100V to 240V, which would not be suitable for a car ride. There is a number of options that come with multiple power options for added convenience and will allow the cooler to be used in the car, as well as with a generator when camping out.
- Features: It is also important to consider the features offered by a cooler you are interested in buying. Not all coolers have the same features – we are referring the main features here. Some of these devices will only allow you to keep the internal contents of the device cool, while others will also have an option for warming as well. Additionally, also take a look at the specific features of both the cooling and the heating functions. Some of the coolers on the market will not provide a significant level of cooling or warming. Each product will provide an overview of the temperatures that it can provide with both of these options, allowing you to determine if the low and high temperatures will be adequate for what you want to keep cool or warm while traveling or camping.
In what situations might you want to use an iceless cooler?
Standard coolers have become a very popular option, mostly due to the fact that they are often much cheaper than electric coolers, and more mobile, which allows you to pack an ice chest on an outdoor excursion or pack for and drinks into a beach cooler to enjoy the sand and sun. Such a device usually has an insulated inside that helps to keep the internal content at a low temperature, but ice needs to be added to reduce the temperature of the cooler’s inside. This means that reduced space is available since the ice tends to take up a lot of the internal space. With a thermoelectric iceless cooler, the need for ice is void. This means that all space on the inside of the cooler can be used for storage, whether you want to store cans of beer or beverages, or perhaps keep food warm while you and your family are on a road trip.
✅Thermoelectric Cooler: Reviews of the 7 Best Thermoelectric Cooler, Plus the Worst 1 to Avoid ❎:
Final Thoughts on Buying the Best Thermoelectric Cooler
Going on a road trip or out for a camp with the boys mean you need a way to keep your beverages cold and preserve your food. A thermoelectric cooler will become your best friend during a road trip, offering you an easy way to keep everything cool – or sometimes warm. Here, we offered the best thermoelectric cooler review of 2020 to make your search a little easier.