Trash compactors offer a convenient way to effectively compressing anything you throw into it and store in one of the best trash compactor bags. The bags you place into these machines need to be able to handle the pressure of the compactor, as well as the weight of the trash, which calls for specially designed bags. We’ve researched and discovered the eight top-rated trash compactor bags of 2020, as well as the worst one to avoid.
Reviews of the 8 Best Trash Compactor Bags, Plus the Worst 1 to Avoid
1. Whirlpool 18-Inch Plastic Compactor Bags Review
Let’s start by looking at the best Whirlpool trash compactor bag that you can currently by – because this brand has made quite a name for themselves when it comes to kitchen appliances and accessories.
The Whirlpool W10351677RB 18-Inch Plastic Compactor Bags come in several different options that you can choose from. You can choose a pack of eight, 15, 60, or 180 bags. The more bags you buy in bulk, the cheaper they come to when you calculate the price per trash compactor bag.
You can also choose a pack that comes with an additional odor remover or rather opt for the package that only comes with your selected number of trash compactor bags.
These bags are compatible with all regular 18-inch trash compactors that have a rectangular shape. They also offer a 3-ply construction, which means they will provide much better performance in terms of withstanding the operations of the trash compactors, as compared to many of the other options out there.
The Whirlpool W10351677RB 18-Inch Plastic Compactor Bags consist of 70 PCR content, also known as post-consumer recycled material, and the majority of the bag is made from high-quality plastic.
2. Compactor Bags Pre Cuffed by Dano Enterprises Review
If you are looking for the best trash compactor bags of 2020, then be sure not to miss the Dano Enterprises Compactor Bags Pre Cuffed Packs.
These bags are unique – instead of offering you the standard black and glossy trash bag that you might be used to, these trash compactor bags feature a brown design that is very different from more traditional options.
Dano Enterprises Pre Cuffed Compactor Bags fit the majority of leading brand trash compactors, including Kitchen Aid, Whirlpool and JC Penny brands. These bags are compatible with 15-inch models and feature a rectangular design.
Each package comes with 50 of these bags, providing more value for your money. While these bags may be a little more expensive than some of the other options we review here, they do offer exceptional quality.
These trash compactor bags are made from recycled plastic and pre-cuffed paper materials, which means they are also more environmentally friendly.
3. Kitchen Master Super Strong Compactor Bags Pre Cuffed Review
When it comes to considering pre-cuffed bags specifically, one of the best pre-cuffed trash compactor bags that you will find is from Kitchen Master. This brand has made a name for themselves when it comes to kitchen appliances.
These bags are made from a heavy-duty paper-based material and feature a reinforced bottom for added strength. Each bag is pre-cuffed, making it much easier to insert and remove the bag from the trash compactor.
One thing that should be noted is that the Kitchen Master Super Strong Compactor Bags are square-shaped, which means they should only be paired with square trash compactors.
Each paper bag is lined with a high-quality plastic bag. These bags are durable and also moisture resistant, which means internal moisture will not cause the bag to become soft and break.
A single pack of the Kitchen Master Super Strong Compactor Bags includes 12 of the bags. Each bag calculates to just over $2, which is relatively affordable consider the design, as well as the quality that they offer you.
4. Plastic Trash Compactor Bags Review
Next up is a product from a lesser known brand, FKE. These Plastic Trash Compactor Bags offer better value than many competing options and come at a relatively affordable price.
A 3-mil plastic material is used in the construction of these plastic trash compactor bags, which makes them strong and durable. In turn, this helps to prevent tears in the bags, which could lead to a mess when removing the bag and carrying it outside.
The outer layer of these plastic trash compactor bags offers specially-designed layer grips. These grips ensure you can take hold of the bag without a risk of it slipping through your hands – an essential part of the trash removal process.
An additional inner layer is also provided inside of these bags to withstand the pressure placed on the bag when the trash compactor is crushing the trash.
Each bag features a pleated bottom, providing a custom fit into any supported 15-inch trash compactor.
5. Poly America Husky 18 Gallon Drawstring Compactor Bags Review
Poly America’s Husky 18-Gallon Drawstring Compactor Bags also deserve to be mentioned in our list of top options.
The brand offers one of the most affordable options on the market. The package comes with two packs that contain 50 trash compactor bags each. The price is also lower than most competing brands charge for a single 60 bag container, making this an ideal option for those of you shopping for trash compactor bags on a smaller budget.
While the brand does not share a lot of information about these brands, we did find that they do offer a durable performance and do not tear easily. They are partly made from plastic and comes with a convenient grip outer layer that makes it easy to carry the bag.
Each bag can carry up to 18 gallons’ worth of trash, which makes them perfect for operating in the kitchen where you are constantly working with food waste and other items that need to go into the trash compactor.
A particular feature that makes this product also stand out is the attached drawstring. These drawstrings further add to the convenience offered by the bags, by allowing you to easily pick them up, as well as close them, through the use of these expandable strings.
6. BestAir Trash Compactor Bags Review
BestAir Trash Compactor Bags offer durability, quality, and affordability all in one product.
The product is sold in packs of 12 bags each, and customers can choose to buy a single pack or a bulk pack. Bulk options vary between two packs to five sets. A single pack can be picked up for just over $10.
Each bag contains a heavy-duty inner-lining that is made from a plastic material, while the outer layer of the bag is made from a high-quality paper material. This provides added durability during the operation of the trash compactor, as well as while working with a trash bag.
Added strength is provided thanks to the reinforced bottom that is bonded to ensure the bag does not break at the bottom when picked up out of the trash compactor.
These bags are also pre-cuffed for added convenience while placing them into the trash compactor and when removing them.
7. Extra Heavy Duty Professional Quality Compactor Bag Review
Ultrasac’s Extra Heavy Duty Professional Quality Compactor Bags are also worth a mention as they offer durable performance, coupled with an affordable price.
These bags can be purchased in packs of 40 bags each. Customers can choose a single pack, or to buy in bulk. Bulk options include two packs or four packs.
The trash compactor bags consist of 90% recycled materials and is made from high-quality compounds, including plastic, to provide an appropriate option for both home and office use. The bags feature a 2.5-mil design thickness.
These bags can hold up to 18 gallons of compacted trash each. They fit into the majority of standard 15-inch rectangular trash compactors.
In addition to the inclusion of the compactor trash bags, each also come with its own ties for easy binding after removing the bag from the trash compactor.
8. Kirkland Compactor Bags Smart Fit Review
The final option on our list of the top trash compactor bags is the Kirkland Smart Fit Compactor Bags.
These bags are also extremely affordable, especially when we compare it to the other options that are available. They come in packages of 70 bags each.
What is unique about these compactor trash bags is the fact that they feature a unique “smart fit” design, which means they fit better onto the trash compactor in general. This feature is achieved through the built-in expandable drawstring.
The bags are made from high-quality materials. The brand does not disclose what percentage of the bag is made from plastic, however, but we can confirm that the quality is excellent. Each bag can hold as much as 18 gallons of garbage.
Avoid – Broan Compactor Bags Review
On the flip side, let’s also take a look at the worst trash compactor bags on the market right now.
We previously mentioned that these bags are not made the same way – some offer better quality options than others. The Broan-Nutone 15TCB Compactor Bags are not the worst when it comes to quality alone, but it also seems like these bags are not the ideal fit for the trash compactor models the manufacturer claims they are compatible with.
Compatibility is a major issue when it comes to buying trash compactor bags. When you buy a pack that is too small for your machine, then you will not be able to use them. These bags are designed to fit onto the sides of the trash compactor.
In addition to seemingly being too small to fit most 15-inch trash compactor models, the price of these bags is also not as affordable as alternatives out there.
We also found the quality of the Broan-Nutone 15TCB Compactor Bags not to be the same as alternative options, which means they may puncture easier than other options out there.
2020 Buyers Guide to the Best Trash Compactor Bags
Buying the best trash compactor bags of 2020 will make sure your bags stay sealed and do not tear, no matter the content. Buying a set of trash compactor bags can be a challenge, as there are various factors to be considered. If you buy the wrong option, they may not fit your trash compactor, or they may tear. There is no need to opt for the most expensive option on the market if you know what to look for – which we share with you below.
3 Main Points to Consider
- Compatibility: The compatibility of bags you are interested in buying should be the first factor you take a look at. You should take a look at the size of the bags and what particular machines they are compatible with. Most of the trash compactor bags on the market do tend to offer a universal fit. Even when a universal fit is offered, the size of the bags should still be taken into account. Popular sizes often include 12 Inches, 15 Inches, and 18 Inches. Other options may also be available, depending on the brand that manufactures the trash compactor bags. Ensure the bags will fit into your device before you proceed with the purchase. In most cases, information regarding the ideal trash compactor bag size will be provided in the user manual of such a machine. A great number of the trash compactors that are currently available on the market is compatible with 15-inch bags.
- Quality: The second point that you should consider is the quality of the bags you might be interested in. There is a significant variety of options out there – and they are not all the same. Some trash compactor bags provide better resistance to tears and the weight of the trash that will be placed in the bags. These bags are also usually more resistant to the pressure applied during the compression operation that occurs when the trash compactor is activated. Some manufacturers will provide more extensive details in regards to the materials that they used in the design of the trash compactor bags. This information will help you determine the true quality of the product. Generally, these bags should contain a percentage of plastic to ensure they are stronger than regular trash bags. The plastic will help to reduce the risk of punctures, as well as tears, and improve resistance to the pressure of the trash compactor.
- Value: It is no surprise that trash bags designed specifically for trash compactor machines are significantly more expensive than those generally used in the kitchen and other areas of the house. Even though they are more expensive, it does not mean you have to spend hundreds of dollars each month on a packet of these bags. You need to make sure you gain real value for the money you spend on trash compactor bags before you make a purchase. Take a look at different options available to you – look at the materials that are used, as well as the quality and whether each option offers a “heavy-duty” feature. Also look at how many bags are included in a packet or box. All of these details will give you a better overview of which option will give you the best quality bags at the lowest price, ultimately delivering more value for your money. Also consider buying in bulk when you are trying to get better value, as bulk options often work out cheaper per bag than options with fewer trash compactor bags included.
What’s the difference between a trash compactor bag and a garbage bag?
At first glance, a regular trash bag and a trash compactor bag may look very similar. This causes a lot of people to think that they can be used interchangeably. Since regular trash bags are also much cheaper than trash compactor bags, the idea of rather opting for these also seem like a more affordable option.
Unfortunately, placing a regular trash bag in a trash compactor will not be a good idea. These trash bags were not made to withstand the pressure or the weight imposed on a bag in a trash compactor – they will tear and break, leading to garbage falling out when you remove the garbage bag from the machine.
Trash compactor bags usually contain a certain percentage of plastic materials. High-quality options may contain as much as 50% plastic. These bags are made to provide a heavy-duty performance since they will be put under stress when they are inside of a trash compactor machine. Both impact and weigh needs to be withstood by the bags.
This is why, even though they may have a similar resemblance to regular trash bags, they are made differently to ensure they do not tear as easily.
How Does a Trash Compactor Work? (Video):
Final Thoughts on Buying One of the Best Trash Compactor Bags
No matter how good your trash compactor, without the right bags, you will still end up with loose garbage to pick up when you remove the bag from the machine. Consider each factor involved and apply this information to make the most informed decision possible.