A kegerator is an essential product that many people rely on when they enjoy a glass of beer when hanging with some friends or while they are enjoying the game on television on a Sunday afternoon. There are different types of kegerators on the market – today, we are going to take a look at the best undercounter kegerator of 2020.
People opt for undercounter kegerators because they offer the convenience of being compatible with larger kegs, ensuring that a refill is not needed every time you fill up your glass with some beer. Additionally, these dispensers are also relatively easy to install, and many of them fit in great with the existing design of a home bar or even the kitchen.
We’ve researched and discovered the five top-rated undercounter kegerators, as well as the worst one to avoid.
Reviews of the 5 Best Undercounter Kegerator, Plus the Worst 1 to Avoid
1. EdgeStar KC700SSTWIN Full-Size Dual Tap Tower Cooled Built-In Kegerator Review
Let’s start this review by taking a look at the best undercounter kegerator of 2020 that we were able to find while we did extensive research on the options that are available. The EdgeStar KC700SSTWIN Full-Size Dual Tap Tower Cooled Built-In Kegerator was designed primarily to be used as an undercounter kegerator, but this kegerator does come with a steel floor and four casters that can be used to make the kegerator more mobile and move it around according to your requirements.
The EdgeStar KC700SSTWIN Full-Size Dual Tap Tower Cooled Built-In Kegerator comes with two faucets and is made from quality stainless steel material. The product includes a drip trial and a guardrail, along with a stainless steel cover for the top part of the device.
2. Beer Meister Dual Tower with Stainless Door Built-In Kegerator Review
The best dual faucet kegerator we were able to find for people who are willing to spend more money on a kegerator that will not fail to impress is the Beer Meister Dual Tower with Stainless Door Built-In Kegerator. This is an undercounter kegerator that cannot be used as a portable option, so be sure that you are prepared to make appropriate modifications to your countertop in order to install the kegerator.
The Beer Meister Dual Tower with Stainless Door Built-In Kegerator is made from stainless steel material, including the tower. The product comes with a temperature regulator that allows you to set how cold your beer should be served. Additionally, the product is made by a company that has almost five decades of experience in this industry.
3. EdgeStar BR150SS Built-In Kegerator Conversion Refrigerator Review
The best built-in kegerator for people who do not want to go over $1,000 and have a product that doubles as a portable kegerator are the EdgeStar BR150SS Built-In Kegerator Conversion Refrigerator. This product can be used as a mobile or portable solution or built into a cupboard area in order to install it in a fixed location. It is important to note that this is not a complete system, but rather a “starter” to a beer dispensing system that can be installed at home.
The EdgeStar BR150SS Built-In Kegerator Conversion Refrigerator comes with a high-quality refrigerator that is made from stainless steel material. In addition to the refrigerator, you will also require some additional accessories, such as a tower and appropriate pipes, to complete the installation of your kegerator and beer dispensing system.
The Beer Meister Dual Tower with Black Door Built-In Kegerator Premium Series is the best built-in beer dispenser for anyone who wants a kegerator that comes with a few modern design tweaks. The product features a very attractive black door in the front, while the rest of it is made from stainless steel to ensure the durability of the kegerator.
This is part of Beer Meister’s premium series of kegerators, which means quality is something that you do not have to worry about. The Beer Meister Dual Tower with Black Door Built-In Kegerator comes with an entire system that you can simply install and start using immediately. The product features two faucets for some added convenience.
The very last option on our list of the top choices that you can make when you want to buy an undercounter kegerator for your home is the Marvel Built-In Kegerator Keg Dispenser Premium 2-Tap Direct Draw Kit. This particular option is also made from a quality stainless steel material. It is also a multifunctional kegerator as you can decide to use it as either a built-in kegerator or rather a freestanding option if you wish to have a more portable solution at hand.
The Marvel Built-In Kegerator Keg Dispenser Premium 2-Tap Direct Draw Kit comes with all of the accessories that you will need to ensure a quick and easy installation. The product also comes with a microprocessor that is unique to the Marvel brand, which provides improved control over the temperature and a more convenient overall experience.
Avoid – EdgeStar BR7001SS Full Size Built-In Kegerator Conversion Refrigerator Only Review
To finish off our list of products, we also want to share one of the worst undercounter kegerators on the market with you. While there are many great options that you can choose from, do not forget that some kegerators you’ll find are made from poor quality materials, might be overpriced, and will not offer you the same performance as the better quality options that are available.
Now with this particular one, being the EdgeStar BR7001SS Full-Size Built-In Kegerator Conversion Refrigerator Only, it is crucial that you understand that the product does not come with a tower or any of the pipes and accessories that will be needed during the installation. Instead, it only comes with the lower compartment, being the refrigerator, along with a basic kegerator conversion kit.
2020 Buyers Guide to the Best Undercounter Kegerator:
With so many options to choose from when you are looking to buy an undercounter kegerator, a lot of people may find the process of finding an appropriate option inconvenient and time-consuming. We have spent quite some time filtering through the massive variety of undercounter kegerators that are on the market at the moment in order to find the best ones that money can buy.
During the process, we found that there are specific points that always need to be taken into consideration. We share three of these points with you below. Take a good look at each of these points when you are looking at the options that are available. They will greatly reduce the effort needed to find the right undercounter kegerator to install in your home – leading to a product that will not waste your money or disappoint you due to poor construction or weak quality materials.
3 Main Points to Consider:
- Material: We find that looking at the materials used in the construction of the undercounter kegerator you might want to buy is one of the most crucial parts of the filtering process. While browsing through your options, we recommend that you first start by filtering out the kegerators that are not made from a premium-quality material that is durable and strong. The best material that you can opt for would be stainless steel, as with many other tools and equipment that are used in the process of brewing and dispensing beer. While the majority of these products are made from stainless steel, be sure to get a good look at the specific type of stainless steel that is used in the construction of the kegerator. Not all stainless steel materials are created equal and will provide the same level of performance and durability. Be sure to opt for a kegerator with a better quality stainless steel material. This will help to provide you with an extended lifetime in terms of using the undercounter kegerator. While looking at the material of the device, it might also be a good idea to take into consideration the overall quality and the brand that manufactures the kegerator. Some brands are known to manufacture better products than others. If you opt for a brand that is known to offer customers with higher quality products, then there is a good chance you would be buying a kegerator that will allow you to dispense beer whenever you want to without facing any type of issue.
- Convenience and Features: You are planning to buy a kegerator because these products are known for their convenience – so what’s the use in buying one if it will not provide you with the features that will make your life more convenient – at least in terms of dispensing ice cold beer to yourself and some friends during that big game. After you look at the materials used in the construction of the particular undercounter kegerator that you are interested in, be sure to also look at the features that the kegerator is able to offer you. The features of these products can vary from one device to another – some brands also include unique features, such as patented cooling technologies, into their kegerators to assist in providing a better level of convenience. Some of the undercounter kegerators on the market will allow you to adjust the temperature of the internal container easily. With this type of feature, you will be able to serve up your batch of beer at the perfect temperature that you enjoy the beer at. Not everyone likes their beer at the same temperature, which truly makes this type of feature something that will make a kegerator much more convenient for you. Take a look at other types of features as well. Yes, you are looking for an undercounter kegerator, but sometimes you might want to use the product as a more portable option – in these cases, the inclusion of casters will greatly make moving the product from your home bar toward a location such as a kitchen faster, and easier.
- Price: Next up, be sure to look at the price of the undercounter kegerator that you want to buy. There might not be something like a cheap undercounter kegerator, but be wary of the fact that some brands will overcharge you for a product that you can find at a more affordable price from a different supplier or brand. With this one, you will need to do some thorough research. You’ll need to compare multiple products to each other and take a look at their overall quality, the features they offer, how sturdy they are, and, of course, how easy they will install into the desired location in your home. When you find more than one undercounter kegerator with the same features that match the criteria you have set for such a device, then the time has come to actually compare the prices of these particular kegerators. See which one will give you the best value for the money that you will be spending. There really is no use in paying $100 more at one brand when another brand can offer you the exact same features and quality at a better price. Take this into account and always be sure to consider how much each product costs so that you can be certain you are paying the best price.
What is an undercounter kegerator?
An undercounter kegerator is essentially a large kegerator that is often also referred to as a built-in option. This type of kegerator is built into a cupboard and is much larger than the portable options that you are going to find on the market.
There are both pros and cons associated with the use of an undercounter kegerator that needs to be well understood before you make a choice as to whether you wish to opt for this type of device, or rather buy a more portable solution.
Undercounter kegerators are often chosen because of their ability to hold a much larger quantity of beer at a time. This can greatly reduce the frequency of refilling the kegerator. They are usually compatible with the majority of kegs that are currently available on the market.
Even though built-in, these kegeratos are usually developed to be easy to install and operate, which means there is, in most cases, no need for hiring a contractor to get the job done. Some of these products will even come with instructions on how they should be installed for maximum efficiency.
The majority of undercounter kegerators on the market today comes with a box-shaped lower compartment. This is where the keg is stored. This compartment usually also comes with special cooling technology that can help to keep beer cold while it is being stored.
At the top of these products, you would find the dispensing system, which can consist of a single tap, dual tips, and sometimes three taps in a single product. The choice in terms of how many taps you want to be fitted on the kegerator that you are planning to buy is really up to you. This will often depend on how much beer you need to dispense at a time.
How to make your own undercounter kegerator?
While undercounter kegerators that come with everything you need to install the kegerator into your cupboard area and start using it is definitely convenient and very useful, they can also cost a significant amount of money. Still, many people would want their own kegerator in the kitchen or perhaps their home bar in order to dispense beer whenever they feel like enjoying this alcoholic beverage.
Fortunately, there are many ways that you can build your own undercounter kegerator that will usually cost you less than buying one of these kegerators.
One way to go about this entire operation is to use a standard dorm-style fridge, along with a few additional accessories and, of course, a tower that will be used to dispense the beer.
The process may not be the easiest DIY project you have taken on, so you should ensure you have some experience working with standard tools like drills and electronics before you set out to take on this type of project.
In addition to a dorm-style fridge and a tower, you will also need some PVC pipes, a fan, a bowl that is bigger than the fan you will be using, extension cords, some wood, a keg and an appropriate keg conversion kit, threaded plugs, and an AC adapter.
You will also need some tools like a drill in order to get the job done.
The advantage here is the fact that you have the ability to customize your undercounter kegerator the way you want it. You decide how larger the lower compartment is, what type of keg will be used, and you even have the ability to decide how many faucets should be available for dispensing the beer.
Kegerator Assembly (Video):
Final Thoughts on Buying the Best Undercounter Kegerator:
A built-in kegerator is a great way to have a beer dispenser on hand all the time. These products can help to ensure there is always cold beer ready to be dispensed, whether you wish to enjoy a glass of beer by yourself, or want to serve up a few glasses to friends that have come over.
We’ve provided you with the best undercounter kegerator of 2020 in this post, making it much easier for you to ensure that you buy the right kegerator for your home bar or an ideal kegerator that you can build into your kitchen. We also looked at one of the worst options that are currently available on the market, which will ultimately help to ensure you do not spend money on a product that will not provide you with the functionality you have bought it for.