Whether you’re a homeowner or office manager, you may feel overwhelmed when tasked with finding the best water cooler dispenser for your space. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed by all the bottom loading, top loading and bottleless dispensers on the market. We’ve poured over the information and compiled a few of the top-rated water coolers, as well as a couple options you should avoid.
Reviews of the 5 Best Water Cooler Dispensers, Plus the 2 Worst to Avoid
1. New Air WAT40B Pure Spring Water Cooler Dispenser Review
A bottom loading dispenser that is the perfect balance of temperature control, and aesthetically appeals. The New Air stands out as the best water cooler dispenser of 2018 because of its many features and certifications.
The NewAir WAT40B Pure Spring has the following features:
- NSF (Food Safe) certified
- Energy Star rated
- BPA Free
- Indicator lights
These features combine to deliver a high-quality water cooler dispenser. It is all black and has a sleek design which makes it very appealing in both home and office kitchen areas. The black design makes it easily fit into most kitchen designs.
The hot water dispenser has a lock to keep children from getting burned. There’s no possibility that children can accidentally encounter the hot water.
The cold water runs as cold as 39 Fahrenheit, and the hot water reaches 185 degrees. The compressor is energy efficient, so you won’t see a severe increase in your electric bill. This model stands at 41 inches high, the water cooler dispenser is lightweight and comes with a warranty.
The Whirlpool Stainless is the best bottom load water dispenser available right now. This model is self-cleaning. It uses a technology that relies on oxygen sensors to trigger when to clean that bacteria and viruses don’t contaminate the water.
The stainless-steel design makes it fit perfectly into office spaces, and many home kitchens as well. The front is nickel plated for a brushed chrome look. The design is sophisticated and very visually appealing. So, what’s the downside that kept Whirlpool from the top spot for the best water cooler dispenser of 2018?
Price is something everyone considers. Whether you’re buying a water cooler dispenser for your home, or for the office, you have a budget. The Whirlpool stainless is a high-quality water dispenser, and if it’s your budget, it’s worth it. But, for many people, it’s not a reasonable price.
3. Avalon Top Loading Water Cooler Review
The Avalon top loading water cooler is probably the best freestanding water cooler on the market. It takes this title by sticking with the traditional water cooler dispenser design. Many people don’t prefer top loading water coolers, but it makes up for it in price.
The Avalon is a very budget-friendly option. It dispenses both cold and hot water. The hot water fountain has a child-proof lock that takes some effort to press in to use. This model is a great option for many office managers who are looking to replace an outdated water cooler dispenser.
The compact design makes it space conscious,and it works well for a small kitchen and tight office hallways. The Avalon only comes in white which makes many people hesitant to purchase this dispenser. But the design is also it’s best selling point. This water cooler is energy star rated, with paddles to press your cup against for easy water flow.
Honeywell is a well-known brand in small appliances. This model is the best countertop water cooler dispenser available. It stands at about 21 inches high and easily fits between the countertop and hanging cabinets.
This water cooler dispenser uses levers for you to access hot or cold water easily. There are spill proof caps used in both dispensers. The tank is stainless steel, so your water is free of contaminants, and it’s easy to clean.
There is a drip tray for added convenience which is completely removable. Although many countertop water cooler dispensers have a small limit, this model can provide up to 2 liters of cold water and 5 liters of hot water at a time.
The Clover B14A is another top loading, traditional water cooler dispenser. The tank is stainless steel, which means the water for the hot and cold options are hygienic. The feature that the Clover has that the others here don’t is the adjustable thermostat.
Cold water can range from 35 to 53 degrees Fahrenheit, although the hot water feature is not adjustable. Although there is hot water does have an on and off switch instead of an adjustment option.
The design of the water cooler is compact and lightweight. It comes with a 1-year warranty and is sturdy. The Clover is easy to clean with a drip tray that makes cleaning easy as well. The downside is that this top loader model has the water jug exposed and isn’t visually appealing.
The Lago water cooler dispenser is a pricey option for many and immediately lacks in visual appeal. However, it is a bottom loading water cooler dispenser which offers one benefit.
Where the Lago fails as a water cooler dispenser is that it leaks. Most often water cooler dispensers are used to save money. But if you’re constantly putting in more water, and buying parts to attempt to fix it, you’re losing money.
Not to mention the water damage to your floor if you don’t notice the leak right away. Leaking is the last thing you want from a water cooler dispenser.
Avoid – Nutrichef Countertop Water Cooler Dispenser Review
The Nutrichef countertop water cooler dispenser is hands down the worst water cooler dispenser available. It lured people in with a sleek design and its countertop edge, but quickly people are disappointed.
The complaints surround the Nutrichef range from a plastic taste to the cold water not working. Because it doesn’t serve the purpose of a water cooler,we’re hard-pressed to see this model in a positive light.
The final straw is that although Amazon is wonderful to work with for returns, Nutrichef refuses to acknowledge the defects in this device.
If the cold water doesn’t work, and the levers are flimsy, and the water doesn’t taste good, save your money. There are many other models available that are great, sturdy, and deliver quality drinking water.
2018 Buyers Guide to the Best Hot Water Dispenser
Buying a Water Cooler Dispenser, especially one with a hot water dispenser option can be difficult. But, we’ve made it simple. Concentrate on the 3 primary aspects listed here and follow our easy cleaning guide, whether you’re buying for an office or home, anticipate finding a great water cooler dispenser. Most people think they don’t need a water cooler. Offices are opting to provide water bottles instead. But what is the cost of avoiding water coolers? Instead of spending money on water bottles, not to mention the effect on the environment, using a water cooler dispenser makes sense. You can use these three factors to help in your purchase decision: ease of use, temperature control, space and price.
3 Main Points to Consider:
- Ease of Use: This point covers 2 primary concerns. First, how easy is it to load and second how easy is it to clean. A bottom loading water dispenser is easier for most people. The water bottle slides into the water dispenser at the bottom and uses a quick connector to pull the water through for dispensing. However, a top loading water cooler dispenser is what most people imagine. If you’ve been searching for the best water cooler dispenser of 2018, you probably envisioned a white square with a blue knob and giant 10-gallon jug of water flipped over on top of it. If you don’t have any problem lifting, and flipping a large water jug, top loading options are no problem. The other side of ease of use is how easy it is to clean the dispenser. There are many self-cleaning water dispensers. Although the best water cooler dispenser of 2018 should self-clean, there are many easy to clean dispensers available. If cleaning is as easy as wiping down the drip tray, these are also valuable machines.
- Temperature Control: If you’ve had a traditional water cooler, you’re familiar with the red and blue knobs. The 2 temperatures were boiling hot and freezing cold. The freezing cold is refreshing,but the boiling hot has led to many burns. The option of multiple water temperature control settings is a bonus for some, but for many offices is a requirement. Many of the best water cooler dispensers of 2018 have 3 settings now: steaming hot, room temperature and ice cold. The best improvement with these options is that the hot option almost always has a locking mechanism now. If there’s any possibility that children are nearby, don’t get a water cooler dispenser that doesn’t have a lock on the hot knob. Beware systems that have too many temperature control options. Even though we are in the age of technology, too many electrical components in water cooler dispensers cause problems. These systems glitch and soon enough your hot water are cold, the room temperature is freezing, and your cold-water knob won’t function at all.
- Space and Price: Whether you’re looking to buy a water cooler dispenser for your home or office, you likely have 2 restrictions. People can’t negotiate on space or budget. Consider how much space you must work in your kitchen or office area. There is also the alternate that overly compact designs require more frequent water replacement. Price and space needs are closely associated with water cooler dispensers. Determine what your maximum price range is, and then measure the space. Space and price range will help you decide which is the best water cooler dispenser of 2018 for your home or office.
What is the right way to clean and maintain your water cooler?
Even the self-cleaning models need some attention now and then. But, the cleaning and maintenance are fairly simple on most models.
First, always disconnect the water cooler from its power source. There are electrical components, and you don’t want to risk electrocution.
Second, identify if there is a water-guard on your water cooler. A water guard punctures a hole in the water bottle cap. The water guard design is useful for top loading water coolers. If there is a water guard,you can easily remove it by pulling it on both sides.
Third, with gentle dish soap and warm water clean the water guard. You can also clean the water guard area with this same gentle dish soap. Ensure that you’ve completely cleaned any soap off the area.
Finally, use a mixture of 2 tablespoons of baking soda to 1 cup of water to clean the reservoir within your water cooler’s system. After rinsing the system, replace the water guard,andyou’re done.
Cleaning and maintaining a water cooler dispenser is easy but necessary. To keep your water sanitary, ensure that you clean your system every 3 months or so. You can keep the outside of the cooler clean with nearly any household cleaner depending on the material of the exterior.
How to Clean and Sanitize a Water Cooler Dispenser (Video Instructions):
Final Thoughts on Finding the Best Water Cooler Dispenser
Everyone associates water coolers with office gossip and the much needed 5-minute break. But, these water coolers are quickly making their way into homes as well.
The best water cooler dispenser of 2018 should do much more than provide cool, contaminant-free, drinking water. Expect your water cooler dispenser to provide water at a variety of temperatures and have a self-cleaning function. You should have cool, crisp, and clean water on hand always.