Unlike a water filtration system, used to remove sediment with a thin filter, a water ionizer is a unique laboratory-inspired device, also known as an alkaline water machine. We’ve researched and reviewed the five best water ionizer machines on the market.
✅ 1. Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 9.5 Learn More
✅ 2. Tyent ACE-13 Learn More
✅ 3. Kangen Water Machine Learn More
✅ 4. Alkaviva Vesta H2 Learn More
✅ 5. Bawell Platinum Water Ionizer Learn More
Reviews of the 5 Best Water Ionizers
1. Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 9.5
Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 9.5 Review: Best Alkaline Water Filtration System With over 15 years of expertise, Aqua Ionizer Pro™ has provided functional designs, reliable manufacturing, and clean ionized water solutions for every size of home and office. The Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 9.5 is guaranteed to deliver high-quality results to improve your health and wellness.
From making delicious coffee, preserving your laundry’s integrity, providing the body with pure antioxidant-rich filtered water, and easy-to-use presets, make it clear that the Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 9.5 is the best alkaline water filtration system.
Aqua Ionizer Pro™ uses proprietary technology to increase the levels of molecular hydrogen and antioxidants to deliver clean, healthy water throughout the home. Choose from 7 healthy filtration options, including four continuous ionized alkaline water filtration options, a purification feature, and two ionized acidic presets.
The impressive construction includes nine platinum-coated durable titanium plates to provide efficient energy solutions. The self-cleaning unit and housing keep the Aqua Ionizer 9.5 sparkling clean after each use and reverses polarity at every 10.5 gallons to keep the platinum-coated plates clean and corrosion-free.
The Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 9.5 measures 16.1 x 12.6 x 8.7 inches and weighs only 12.45 pounds.
Warranty: Initial 30-day 100% satisfaction warranty, plus the Aqua Ionizer VIP lifetime warranty.
To watch the Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 9.5 Review on YouTube, click here.
- Provides hydrating, antioxidant-rich, detoxifying water
- 10-minute easy installation
- Superior warranty for parts and service
- Uncommon fittings make installation difficult and costly
- Doesn’t ionize the water correctly according to the manufacturer
- Presets on the unit aren’t responsive or consistent
2. Tyent ACE-13
Tyent ACE-13 Review: Best Tyent Water Ionizer Boasting a combination of 13 7″ × 4 ¾” highly conductive, dipped and baked, medical-grade, titanium Tyent Solid/Mesh Hybrid plates. The ACE-13 uses a plus turbo power feature at only 10 Amps. All Tyent water ionizer models let you control the pH Levels of between 1.7-12.0, and there is little to no wastewater. Durable construction and dependable performance make the Tyent ACE-13 the Best Tyent Water Ionizer.
Compared to other Tyent models, the ACE-13’s slim design has a gorgeous, brushed nickel finish, weighs only 15.7 pounds, measures 18 x 14.1 x 7.6 inches, and is both under-the-counter friendly for out-of-the-way installation, yet looks attractive enough to install above the counter! Its total footprint is only 385 square inches!
The color-coordinated, easy-to-read LCD interactive touch screen display measures four inches square and includes four alkaline, three acidic, and one turbo power settings with 99 presets per level. One-touch cleaning control, filter replacement, and outflow stop indicators keep you informed, at the ready, and offer a sense of safety and security.
The Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 9.5 measures 16.1 x 12.6 x 8.7 inches and weighs only 12.45 pounds.
Warranty: Initial 75-day trial and undefined Tyent Platinum Lifetime Warranty. Any breakage deemed to occur outside of the manufacturing process; the Tyent warranty won’t cover.
To watch the Tyent ACE-13 Review on YouTube, click here.
- Unit has a flood prevention sensor
- Automatic self-cleaning
- Built with the thickest and strongest titanium plates
- Considerable investment
- Harder to install than other competitor water ionizer models
- Significantly less impressive warranty than competitor models
3. Kangen Water Machine
Kangen Water Machine Review: Best Alkaline Water Machine Suppose you choose the Kangen, part of the Enagic® family of alkaline water machines. In that case, you’re choosing a model with more powerful antioxidant capabilities, more electrolysis surface area, and improved water ionizing properties. Kangen uses eight platinum-tipped plates to increase antioxidant production. The entire unit’s design provides low input and high output results.
Kangen Water Machine includes a multi-voltage power supply and an interchangeable plug-and-play configuration. Basically, you set it and forget it with the convenient auto-on and -off feature! The large, easy-to-read, full-color LCD programmable panel is fluent in 8 languages and includes on-screen E-cleaning instructions. And you can auto-clean your Kangen in 10 seconds flat. A reliable automatic sensor alerts you when it’s time for a filter change.
Kangen weighs a mere 11 pounds, and the slim and trim 13.6 x 11 x 5.8-inch design makes for easy installation. Have a question about your Kangen. Reach out to their live support for assistance. For the best alkaline water machine, Kangen is a popular choice!
To watch the Kangen Water Machine Review on YouTube, click here.
- Improves water quality and taste while removing toxins
- Expert recommendations with Kangen’s Water Intelligence Engine™
- Prevent costly plumbing erosion and new installation costs
- Costly investment to consider prior to installation
- Diverse/Critical opinions on Kangen quality of acidic/alkaline water output
- Questionable product advertising and marketing approach
4. Alkaviva Vesta H2
Alkaviva Vesta H2 Review: Best Alkaviva Water Ionizer Voted one of the industry-best filtration systems, Alkaviva’s 17 years of water ionizer manufacturing have landed them as a top performer. For water filtration performance, clean energy, healthy hydrogen levels, and on-demand pure drinking water with perfect and preferred 8-9 pH levels.
With the Alkaviva Vesta H2, there’s no more guessing; you get the “best of both worlds!” The perfect balance of hydrogen to pH and the water you filter through the Alkaviva Vesta tastes fantastic! Safety sensors and monitors trigger depending on water temperature and flow rate to protect the plates and circuitry.
The automatic DARC cleaning system kicks in after each use to guarantee safe, pure, healthy water. Alkaviva makes a thoughtful environmentally friendly product, so you don’t have to worry about mineral scaling. Using platinum-coated 9-plate SmartElectrodes, the unit is designed with proprietary carbon-block filters to remove up to 99.9% of all contaminants. And the unit is leakproof!
Compared to other Alkaviva water ionizers, the Vesta H2 is priced right and provides infinite pH levels and a Precise Flow Control System.
The Vesta H2 can filter pH from 3 to pH 11+, measures 12.5 x 14.5 x 5.5 inches, and weighs 12.75 pounds.
Warranty: For the first 30 days, Alkaviva will replace the unit for free. The 3-year warranty covers 100% labor costs. Accessories not covered under warranty.
To watch the Alkaviva Vesta H2 Review on YouTube, click here.
- Alkaline water results backed by over 1,000 peer-reviewed studies
- Maintains the perfect pH balance
- Independently tested to remove 172 contaminants
- Average flow rate
- Surprisingly few customer reviews with over a decade of manufacturing
- Delivers acidic water when unit is set to alkaline
5. Bawell Platinum Water Ionizer
Bawell Platinum Water Ionizer Review: Best Water Ionizer for the Money The Bawell 2-stage filtration system is the best water ionizer for the money. Not only that, this affordable, slim, attractive countertop-only water ionizer makes fresh antioxidant-rich higher pH ionized drinking water every day in unlimited amounts. The Platinum model guarantees alkaline and acidic water with a pH range of 2.0 to 12.0.
The two filters of the Bawell Water Ionizer can ionize up to 1320 gallons of water annually. That equals over a year of fresh, pure water for a family of four! Bawell’s filter life calendar does all the work for you and displays the number of gallons you use, so you know exactly how much water you have left before each annual filter change. And if that isn’t the most excellent feature, the voice-prompted unit automatically alerts you when the filters are about to expire.
If the countertop placement isn’t ideal, the included bracket mounts on the back of the unit let you hang the Bawell Platinum on the wall out of the way. Want even better ionized and filtered water? The Bawell Platinum comes with an Optional 3-Stage External Filtration System! A better solution at no extra cost.
The Bawell measures 11.8 x 6.2 x 15.2 inches and weighs only 11.5 pounds.
Warranty: Bawell proudly offers their customers a Forever Lifetime Warranty.
To watch the Bawell Platinum Water Ionizer Review on YouTube, click here.
- Sets a higher filtration standard for water ionizers
- Intelligent easy-to-read display
- Connects directly to the cold-water line under the sink
- Countertop only; the unit cannot be placed under the sink
- Water acidity does not improve as stated in owner’s manual
- Customer service not very knowledgeable/helpful regarding the product
*Water Ionizers Review on YouTube*
2021 Buyers Guide to the Best Water Ionizers:
The investment for a water ionizer is considerable. Before purchasing a water ionizer, make sure you understand what you’re buying. Data shows that consumers searching for the best water ionizer were most interested in the unit’s ability to provide healthiest hydrogen levels regardless of the alkaline or acidic preferences.
Reading in-depth scientific data about ionization and water pH balance can be confusing. Talk to a professional or contact the manufacturer for more details to find the best solution for your home or office water needs.
Even though installation takes less than ten minutes, and the unit is a compliment to your kitchen appliances. In the end, it’s about getting quality results.
The top-rated water ionizers on the market all use electrolysis, which divides the water into acidic and alkaline. Then they deliver top quality water right to your kitchen. There are several features that are imperative to consider before purchasing your first, or replacing an old water ionizer. These include how much space you’re willing to give up, types of plates the alkaline ionizer uses, and power.
3 Main Points to Consider:
- Outside space: convertible, under-counter, countertop: where are you going to give up space? Under the kitchen counter or on top of it? If you can’t decide, then convertible is the best option. However, you will lose space in either one of these areas. The benefit of a convertible is that if you need counterspace temporarily it can migrate to under the counter.
- Plates, filters, and lights: Plates are what make your ionizer, well ionize. They convert your water into a wonderful alkaline water. This is where the bulk of the quality is because the better the plates, the better performance you should expect from your device.
- These types are available:
- Grid is the best available and highly efficient.
- Mesh is also highly efficient and delivers exceptional quality.
- Flat options offer great durability and decent quality.
- Slotted plates are typically low quality and found in cheaper units.
- These types are available:
Filters are a bonus option for many water ionizer owners. This is a plus and not available on many of the ionizers you’ll find on the market. However, if you find a machine with a carbon filter keep in mind that these filters must be replaced regularly.
UV lights are used to sanitize your water. They do this by eliminated viruses and bacteria that is present. Many people find this as a peace of mind when they hook up their water ionizer to their faucet.
- Power: You don’t want to unbox and install your water ionizer only to find that it dribbles out slowly on its maximum level. But, this shouldn’t happen with any half decent power supply. Usually a water ionizer should have a SMPS supply that is both energy efficient and delivers a fair amount of power.
Is Ionized Water Safe to Drink?
Even though there isn’t a ton of data to back up the benefits associated to drinking alkaline water, the evident effects are hard to argue. Although the benefits aren’t guaranteed, the safety of ionized water is. The process of ionizing water only effects the pH balance and removes a few impurities based on the quality of the plates.
Final Thoughts on Buying an Alkaline Water Machine
A water ionizer lets you finetune the pH balance of your water from acidic to alkaline. It uses electrolysis to force an electric current through the water to cause a chemical reaction. In the process of electrolysis, super-hydrating electrolytes are formed, like the kind in water-based sports drinks.
Pure, safe drinking water, and filtered water that improves your laundry’s quality, keeps your skin soft and healthy, keeps your appliances running better and longer, and overall enhances your lifestyle.
*Freshnss Values Transparency and Integrity*
Additional Water Filter Reviews
Stainless Steel Water Filters
RO Systems for Well Water
Whole House Water Filters
Iron Removal Systems for Well Water
Faucet Water Filters
Ultraviolet Water Purifiers
Durastill Water Distillers
Under Sink Water Filters
Countertop Water Filters
Refrigerator Water Filters
Water Filter Pitchers
Portable Water Filters
Backpacking Water Filters
Water Purification Tablets
Whole House Water Filters for Well Water
Emergency Water Filters
Inline Water Filters
Reverse Osmosis Systems