Whirlpool is a well-known brand across any water-oriented appliance. The best Whirlpool water cooler on the market will far exceed your expectations, whether for home or office use. We’ve researched and found six top-rated Whirlpool water coolers, as well as one you should avoid.
Reviews of the 6 Best Whirlpool Water Cooler, Plus 1 to Avoid
1. Whirlpool Self Cleaning Bottom Loading Commercial Water Cooler with LED Indicators Review
Self-cleaning and bottom loading is the dream for any office or home stationed water cooler. This machine is the best Whirlpool water cooler of 2022 because of its outstanding features and sleek design. It’s also the best stainless steel Whirlpool water cooler as well as this unit uses entirely stainless housing.
The Whirlpool Self Cleaning, Bottom loading Commercial Water Cooler with LED Indicators has a complete nickel plated, stainless-steel exterior. The entire water cooler is visually appealing and will match nicely with any kitchen or office environment. But, the best feature of the Whirlpool Self Cleaning, Bottom loading Commercial Water Cooler with LED Indicators is the bottom loading technology.
This unit uses a water siphon and pumps design. The pump is durable enough to last through years of hard use, and the water siphon ensures that you get every drop of water in that jug. The unit keeps hot water steaming, and ready at all times, while it’s cold water passes over ice for a crisp chill. The water compressor only turns on when necessary which helps extend the lifespan of this water cooler.
To watch the Whirlpool Self Cleaning Bottom Loading Commercial Water Cooler with LED Indicators Review on YouTube, click here.
2. Whirlpool Self Cleaning Hot and Cold Stainless Bottom Loading Water Cooler Review
Whirlpool Self Cleaning Hot and Cold Stainless Bottom Loading Water Cooler is the best self-cleaning Whirlpool water cooler available right now. It uses a 6th Sense self-cleaning technology that relies on unstable oxygen to kill bacteria and viruses. There’s no pushing button, or flipping levers, the self-cleaning function detects when it needs to turn on. It also has an LED indicator which shows when it’s in the middle of a cleaning cycle.
Aside from its self-cleaning function, this is a very standard bottom loading water cooler. The hot dispenses at a comfortable steaming, but not boiling temperature. The cold water dispenses approximately 9 degrees cooler than the competition.
The downside of this cooler is the exterior. It uses a nickel-plated stainless steel brushed front which looks nice, but the rest of the unit is black plastic. Although it will fit nicely in a kitchen or office setting, the black plastic attracts fingerprints and doesn’t clean as quickly as the stainless.
To watch the Whirlpool Self Cleaning Hot and Cold Stainless Bottom Loading Water Cooler Review on YouTube, click here.
3. Whirlpool Commercial Single Serve Coffee Maker and Bottom Loading Water Cooler Review
What makes this water cooler dispenser stand out from the others is its wide variety of compatibility. Unlike most water coolers, this one doesn’t just pour out hot and cold water. The Whirlpool Commercial Single Serve Coffee Maker and Bottom Loading Water Cooler work with Keurig K-Cups holds a 640 oz water jug and brews a cup of coffee in about 30 seconds.
The Whirlpool Commercial Single Serve Coffee Maker and Bottom Loading Water Cooler is the best high-end Whirlpool water cooler because of its many features. It’s one of the few units capable of actually brewing coffee because it holds a very accurate temperature. There is minimal temperature fluctuation in the hot water stream.
Finally, it’s bottom loading, which means you don’t have to struggle to lift the giant water jug and flip it into the cooler. Water jugs are easily changeable, and you only need to change the pump from one bottle to the next.
To watch the Whirlpool Commercial Single Serve Coffee Maker and Bottom Loading Water Cooler Review on YouTube, click here.
4. Whirlpool Self Cleaning Bottom Loading Commercial Water Cooler with Digital Temperature Control Review
This Whirlpool water cooler is everything you could want. It’s perfect for any office because of the digital temperature control. Too often office water coolers see such frequent use that they lose a lot of temperature control. The digital readout allows you to control the settings, so the compressor isn’t always overworking itself.
The Whirlpool Self Cleaning Bottom Loading Commercial Water Cooler with Digital Temperature Control is the best bottom load Whirlpool water cooler. There are a ton of bottom loading water cooler options available, but this one uses a powerful pump and siphon combination.
Because of its design, it’s also the easiest to load from the bottom with a door that opens wide enough to slide the water bottle into place quickly.
To watch the Whirlpool Self Cleaning Bottom Loading Commercial Water Cooler with Digital Temperature Control Review on YouTube, click here.
5. Whirlpool Commercial Water Cooler Review
The traditional white water cooler you could find in nearly any office building in the 1990s is back. This cooler is the best Whirlpool water cooler on a budget as you can usually get this unit for less than $200.
But, these units stand out because they’ve lasted the test of time. The top-loading design isn’t preferred by many, but the structural design allows it to take quite the beating. The white exterior does grab a lot of dirt, but its smooth sides make it easy to clean.
Overall, this is a great no-frills water cooler. The Whirlpool Commercial Water Cooler dispenses cold water at about 10 degrees cooler than other Whirlpool models. This model is great for anyone looking to get a water cooler in their home, or office.
To watch the Whirlpool Commercial Water Cooler Review on YouTube, click here.
6. Whirlpool Self Cleaning Bottom Loading Commercial Water Cooler with Ice Chilled Water Review
This cooler is an excellent choice for anyone who needs an in-between water cooler. The cold water function dispenses at about 9 degrees cooler than most of the other water coolers available. When compared to the competing water coolers, it’s clear that this Whirlpool water cooler will outlast many others that are available. The structure of this unit can withstand up to 300 pounds of weight and maintains its cold temperature very well.
The exterior design uses the same basic construction as most of Whirlpools other options. It’s a complete stainless steel water dispenser that has a nickel-plated stainless steel door for its bottom loading door. But across the top section, we see the same black plastic that we know will attract fingerprints and grime.
The Whirlpool Self Cleaning Bottom Loading Commercial Water Cooler with Ice Chilled Water will serve its purpose for years to come, whether it’s in a kitchen, home, or office. The only downside is that the single safety function on the hot water dispenser is a compression lever. Many other models are changing their safety function to out of reach buttons that children can’t reach.
Consider the safety function before buying if you know you have small children around.
To watch the Whirlpool Self Cleaning Bottom Loading Commercial Water Cooler with Ice Chilled Water Review on YouTube, click here.
Avoid – Whirlpool Commercial Water Cooler, Ice Chilled Water with White Water Dispenser Review
This machine is what most people envision when they think of a water cooler. This top loading monster from the 1990s has found its way back onto the market, but it still comes with the same issues you expected 30 years ago.
The warranty is only valid if you purchase it separately from an authorized Reil Machines retailer. But, that’s not the only issue with the warranty. Whirlpool will only cover warranty repairs on this unit if the problem is directly related to manufacturer defects.
This machine will quickly pick up dirt, and grime. Not to mention it’s difficult to clean because of its white, textured exterior. These models are known for giving out after a few months of use and then having issues with dispensing. Then there is the issue with cleaning the buildup inside the nozzles.
Overall, Whirlpool Commercial Water Cooler, Ice Chilled Water with White Water Dispenser might be able to hold a lot of weight, but you shouldn’t expect it to last for more than a year or so. It’s the worst Whirlpool water cooler on the market.
To watch the Whirlpool Commercial Water Cooler, Ice Chilled Water with White Water Dispenser Review on YouTube, click here.
2022 Buyers Guide to the Best Whirlpool Water Coolers
Although there are some great water dispenser alternatives like Avalon, Primo and others, Whirlpool is a leader of the market. When you’re looking for the right Whirlpool water cooler for your home or office, just about any pick will be a good one, however there are a few aspects to consider. You should always think about why you need the cooler, where the cooler will be positioned, and it’s loading options.
3 Main Points to Consider
- Function: Most people only need a water cooler to dispense cold water. But, every Whirlpool water cooler available now have dispensers for both hot and cold water. These dispensers usually have safety locks on the hot option to prevent children from accidentally burning themselves. There is a new function on many water coolers now though, and that is the addition of K-Cup compatibility. If you’re buying a water cooler for an office environment, you might want to invest in a single-serving capable water cooler and coffee maker combination. It’s easy to want all the bells and whistles, but you’ll have a long-lasting water cooler if you only aim for the features you need. If you only need hot and cold water, don’t worry about the extra features.
- Size, Location, and Your Strength: Although most water coolers are the same size, you’ll need to consider its final location. If you’re looking for a water cooler to place in your home kitchen or office space you might prefer something that is top loading in case, you don’t have space to open the bottom loading doors. However, if you know you’ll be the only changing the water jug and that you can’t lift 30 pounds or more over your head, you’ll need a bottom loading option. There are a few variances in size when it comes to deciding on the right Whirlpool water cooler for you. Do you and your family, or office mates prefer to have dispensers that are nearer to your waist? Or, do you need lower dispensers, so children can easily get themselves a glass of cool water?
- Water Loading Options: There are only 2 water loading options when it comes to Whirlpool water coolers. The classic top loading water cooler is what most people think of when they envision a water cooler. The downside to top loaders is that they require a bit of strength and aren’t as aesthetically pleasing in terms of decor. When changing the water jug, you must pick up the jug and flip it over into the machine. For many people this motion is difficult.Bottom loading water coolers are becoming very popular. However, they come with their own set of considerations. Because they pump water up into the system, they require more energy. They use a water pump, and sometimes a siphon as well to pull the water out of the jug. Still, you might find a bit of water in the bottom of the barrel when your machine runs dry. The appeal of bottom loading water coolers is that they require little to no physical strength to load. Many have drawers that slide out or a door that opens where you insert the water jug.If you’re looking for something easy to handle, along with a more sleek design look, a bottom loading option is the way to go. Whichever option you choose to go with, ensure that you contact the manufacturer if you’re noticing your machine isn’t dispensing all the water in the jug. These water containers use a design that should help the machine extract every drop. If you’re left with a significant amount of water in your jug, you may be experiencing a manufacturer defect.
How do automatic self-cleaning water coolers work?
Self-cleaning water coolers rely on unstable oxygen to essentially flush the system of bacteria. However, it doesn’t clean everything.
When these self-cleaning water coolers detect with their sensor that the bacteria level in the system is growing, it begins a cleansing process. Most automatic self-cleaning water coolers have an LED light to indicate that it’s starting or finishing a cleaning process.
But, even though everything in the tubes and the inner system is clean, there are many parts that will continue to build up a residue. These automatic self-cleaning water coolers cleanse the system of bacteria and a few viruses because of the unstable oxygen flush.
But, you will still need to clear out the residue of calcium, or lime buildup that comes from hard water. Most Whirlpool appliances work from a direct water line. That means that the valves and spouts in your water dispenser may over the years build up a white crust that you must clean by hand.
Overall, self-cleaning water coolers are great because you don’t have to worry about viruses or bacteria in your water. But, the term self-cleaning is slightly misleading.
Brief History on Whirlpool Brand Water Coolers
Whirlpool water coolers have been around since about 1938, and before then water dispensers relied purely on gravity and ice to dispense cold water. Whirlpool has always lead appliance innovation, and water coolers are no exception.
When Whirlpool brought out their water coolers, they catered towards areas that had poor quality drinking water as well as offices. Although many cities now make an effort to improve the quality of drinking water, these water coolers are still found in many homes across America.
As for offices, Whirlpool brand made a mark in the workplace throughout the 80s when watercooler talk was a major focal point in numerous comedies and sitcoms.
✅ Whirlpool Water Cooler: Reviews of the 7 Best Whirlpool Water Cooler, Plus the Worst 1 to Avoid ❎:
Final Thoughts on Buying the Best Whirlpool Water Cooler
When you’re looking for the best Whirlpool water cooler in 2022 always consider the location you’ll be putting the water cooler such as home or office use, as well as features you need (aim for simplicity). We hope we gave you all the information you need to decide which Whirlpool water dispenser is right for you to make an informed purchase decision.