Did you know most water utilities are increasing their chloramine usage in your tap water? Chloramine is chlorine but with harmful ammonia added so it’s more potent. Not to mention all the other harmful contaminants like fluoride, lead, or PFAS – and the trend is only getting worse.
But there is hope! In this review, we’ll take a closer look at the features of the SpringWell Whole House Water Filter System to see how a point-of-entry filter system can provide fresh, contaminant-free water throughout your entire home.
SpringWell CF Whole House Filter Best Overall
High Flow-Rate So No Water Pressure Drop
Made With NSF Certified Components
Lifetime Warranty And 6-Month Guarantee
How Does The SpringWell Water Filter Work
With over 20 years of experience, the SpringWell whole house water filter is the perfect solution for removing up to 99.6% of those harmful contaminants found in municipal water supplies.
The 4 stage system uses catalytic carbon and certified kinetic degradation fluxion (KDF) media to allow for the most contact time between the filtration media and the water. This means each stage of the filter media can remove more contaminants than other systems so you end up with better water quality than even bottled water.
In stage one, water pushes through the innovative flex bed to eliminate channeling which produces more water contact time. Next, the KDF media targets chemicals commonly found in municipal and city water sources using a copper-zinc alloy. Stage 3 uses the catalytic carbon media to remove organic contaminants, while the final 5-micron sediment filter removes the remaining sand, silt, clay, and debris.
Its high-quality catalytic carbon and certified KDF media address hundreds of contaminants like:
- Chloramine & Chlorine
- PFAS (PFOA & PFOAS)
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Heavy Metals (Lead, Arsenic, & Copper)
- Pesticides & Herbicides
- Haloacetic Acids
Lastly, if you have issues with bacteria or boil advisories, the water filter system can also be paired with SpringWell’s UV purifier to completely sterilize microorganisms for the safest drinking water possible .
After water is treated by the system, you will notice a difference in your water quality immediately. However, if you have hard water issues, I would recommend checking out their whole house water filter and softener combos to tackle hard water minerals.
“I decided to research a full home filtering system and this one is super easy to install and the smell, taste, and look of the water changed immediately”Amy T. – Verified Buyer
Many competitors leave water pressure as an afterthought, causing water pressure issues when you are using several appliances at one time. If you are washing dishes, showering, and cleaning clothes simultaneously, that’s a problem. But with the SpringWell System, you get nearly 2x the flow rate of some competitors.
The SpringWell Filter System comes in 3 configurations for optimal performance, each one comes with a massive 1,000,000 gallon capacity.
System Specifications (CF1, CF4, CF+)
|1-3 Bathrooms (CF1)||4-6 Bathrooms (CF4)||7+ Bathrooms (CF+)|
|Filter Type||Tank Based (Carbon & KDF Media)||Tank Based (Carbon & KDF Media)||Tank Based (Carbon & KDF Media)|
|Warranty||Lifetime Warranty||Lifetime Warranty||Lifetime Warranty|
|Capacity||1,000,000 Gallons||1,000,000 Gallons||1,000,000 Gallons|
|Flow Rate||9 GPM||12 GPM||20 GPM|
|Pressure||25 – 80 PSI||25 – 80 PSI||25 – 80 PSI|
|Temperature||36 – 120 F||36 – 120 F||36 – 120 F|
|Pre-Filter Change||6 – 9 months||6 – 9 months||6 – 9 months|
|Media Change||10 Years||10 Years||10 Years|
The SpringWell Whole House System is the most reliable city water filter on the market, made in the USA using NSF certified components. Here are some of the key features included with the SpringWell Water Filter System to make it one of the best options on the market:
- Filtration Tank With Valves: This is the primary filtration media tank in the system. The larger capacity and higher pressure of this tank allows it to filter more contaminants than a smaller filter housing. The valve assembly is easy to install and fits seamlessly with the filtration tank.
- Sediment Filter And Filter Housing: A fine mesh sediment filter will remove big impurities such as dirt, rust, and grit that can clog your entire water system. This can last up to 6 months depending on the sediment levels of your water source.
- Installation Kit: Includes all required parts for installation, including a manifold valve. The kit will include the valves and other necessary parts, as well as instructions for easy installation.
- Lifetime Warranty: Last but not least, the system comes with a lifetime warranty on tanks, valves and housings, so you can be sure that it will last for years to come. Additionally, there is a 6 month money back guarantee. No questions asked.
SpringWell Water Filter Installation And Maintenance
Installing the SpringWell Water Filter System is a relatively easy task that can be completed in a few hours for most DIY folks. The system comes with an installation kit that includes everything you need to get the unit up and running. You just need to provide your own piping and fittings to attach to the system.
If you are not as handy, you may need to hire a plumber to install it for you. Hiring a professional to install the system will cost between $200 – $700 depending on the hourly rate.
In terms of maintenance, the sediment filter breaks down any large particles that normally clog up the filter tank and home’s appliances, and this filter needs to be replaced about every 9 months. A two pack of filters sells for $40 which includes filters, o-rings, and lubricant.
Other than that, the system is maintenance-free for 1,000,000 gallons or 10 years.
- 4-Stage filtration removes 99.6% of city water contaminants
- Guaranteed no drop in water pressure and a high flow rate up to 20 GPM
- Easy install with all parts included and minimal maintenance
- Made with NSF certified components
- Lifetime warranty and 6 month guarantee
- Professional installation may be required if not a DIY person
- Need to replace 5-micron sediment filter every 6-9 months
- More expensive option than smaller point-of-use filter