Yeti has become top of mind when it comes to high quality, yet controversial, coolers in 2021. There’s the best Yeti coolers vs Yeti alternatives, as more and more Yeti knockoff brands crop up. Yeti, however, hasn’t let that stop them from making coolers in a wide variety of options from rotomolded shells, to soft-sided bags with various storage capacities and use cases. Whether you’re opting for the right Yeti for your tailgate or BBQ, or you’re a new mother trying to figure out how to keep your breast milk frozen on the go or while you travel, there is literally a Yeti cooler to fit every need. We’ve done all the leg work for you right here with our Yeti coolers review. We’ve researched and determined the top-rated seven Yeti coolers, as well as the worst one to avoid.
Reviews of the 7 Best Yeti Coolers, Plus 1 to Avoid
1. Yeti Hopper Two Portable Cooler Review
Simply put, coolers with shoulder straps offer utility. Whether you’re heading to a kids sporting event and need a place for cold water and sports drinks, or if you’re a traveling or working mother looking for the best cooler for breast milk storage and transportation, you’ll want a sturdy and adaptable “ice box”; but not necessarily “rugged” cooler. If this sounds like what you’ll be using the cooler for, the Yeti Hopper Portable this is the one for you. It’s tough, but offers a soft-shell and can keep ice cool, literally for days, making it ideal for kayaking, road trips and cooler temperatures if you are storing consumables like breast milk. There is waterproof and airtight closure, and it does not leak! It also comes with a 3-year warranty.
To watch the Yeti Hopper Two Portable Cooler Review on YouTube, click here.
2. Yeti Coolers Hopper Flip Soft Side Cooler Review
Yeti Coolers Hopper Flip Soft Side Cooler is fantastic if you just want to grab your things and get going, it’s also incredible for keeping ice. The cooler is 100% leakproof and super-hardy, and it comes with a ton of features that make it perfect for taking it on adventures. The closed-cell foam makes for superior ice keeping and the different tie-down points mean you can secure your cooler in a variety of ways. Thanks to the nifty HitchPoint, I could attach just about anything to my cooler, including a bottle opener and a couple of accessories!
To watch the Yeti Coolers Hopper Flip Soft Side Cooler Review on YouTube, click here.
3. Yeti Tundra 35 Cooler Review
If you need a cooler that offers optimal storage, and you have the slightly larger budget, go for Yeti Tundra 35 Cooler. You can fit in as many as 20 cans and ice will remain cold thanks to the PermaFrost Insulation and extra-thick material. This is a heavy-duty cooler that is hard-wearing and ready to go wherever you need it to. The lid is made of heavy-duty rubber so it can take you sitting on it, but is still lightweight enough to haul around on your own.
To watch the Yeti Tundra 35 Cooler Review on YouTube, click here.
4. Yeti Roadie 20 Cooler Review
If you want value for money and immense portability, the Yeti Roadie 20 cooler is your best bet. You can fit up to 14 cans in it and it will keep your ice icy for a good while. The Roadie is just about indestructible with heavy-duty rubber latches and weighs just 16lbs when empty.
To watch the Yeti Roadie 20 Cooler Review on YouTube, click here.
5. Yeti Tundra 45 Cooler Review
The Yeti Tundra 45 Cooler is a hardy, heavy-duty cooler with ample space for transporting anything from adult beverages to breast milk, keeping consumables cold for more than 12 hours at a time, and strong enough to sit on when you just need a break. We think it’s stylish and great for road trips. Ladies, keep an eye out for the pink limited edition Yeti Tundra 45 Quart Cooler. It may be pricy but it supports a good cause!
To watch the Yeti Tundra 45 Cooler Review on YouTube, click here.
6. Yeti Tank 85 Bucket Cooler Review
The Yeti Tank 85 Bucket Cooler might look like an ice bucket, but only in shape. I like this one for on-the-go when we’re headed off to a party or BBQ. The ice bucket can hold up to 96 cans, a keg, or even 2 bushels of oysters! It’s been designed as a no-leak, no-nonsense, easily-portable cooler with military-grade nylon handles that make it super easy to grab, fill, and go.
To watch the Yeti Tank 85 Bucket Cooler Review on YouTube, click here.
The Yeti Tundra 105 Hard Cooler offers maximum storage and keeps ice, well, cold, for hours on end, so you can use the ice both for keeping things cold and for putting in your drinks. There’s enough space to divide the cooler into sections for food and drinks and the cooler comes with a food tray that you slide on top, which is great for smaller things like cheese and other foods that you don’t want to touch your ice.
To watch the Yeti Tundra 105 Hard Cooler Review on YouTube, click here.
We’re pretty hard-pressed to find a Yeti cooler to avoid, but if we have to pick, we’d say the Yeti Tundra 160 Cooler. It’s worth noting that the model number isn’t representative of the actual cooler size, so this model falls around 13.5 quarts short which can make a big difference if you want to use the cooler for beer or ice!
To watch the Yeti Tundra 160 Cooler White Review on YouTube, click here.
3 Top-Rated Coolers Like Yeti but Cheaper
We realize that Yeti is a high-end brand with high-end prices. So, here are 3 similar yet more affordable choices:
- RTIC: this brand is half the price and just as bold, they also hold ice for a little longer.
- K2 Coolers: also popular alternatives, these coolers are very similar to Yeti, durable, and keep ice for hours on end.
- Pelican Coolers: Pelican are a superior make for sure, they hold ice for longer, are easy to use, and offer pinch-free handles for ease of carrying.
2021 Buyers Guide to the Best Yeti Cooler:
To decide which is the best Yeti cooler for your needs, there are a few things to consider. First off, what are you going to use the cooler for (other than blowing it up)? Are you off on long trips? Do you just need to keep breast milk frozen on the go? Are you visiting friends and needs to keep goods cool during the car ride?
Next, what environment are you going to use the cooler in? Determine if the cooler is going to tossed around as you head off in a 4×4 over rugged terrain, or if it’s going to remain firmly in the boot or on the beach, or dragged along on picnics.
Another thing to look out for is durability. You’re probably going to use your Yeti cooler more than once, so find one that will give you the results for your usage. That being said, what size cooler should you get? You’re going to want a size you can benefit from, whether it’s taking your cooler to a football game, transporting breast milk, or taking it camping, it needs to hold everything you need to keep cool – and you need to be able transport it with ease too, so don’t forget to consider its weight.
Other than the above-mentioned points to take into account when looking for the ideal Yeti cooler for your needs, there are a few additional important things you should consider.
4 Main Factors to Consider When Selecting a Yeti Cooler
- Budget: what are you prepared to spend? Do you just need a lightweight and small cooler or can you afford something more hardy and durable? The more you are prepared to spend on your cooler, the more bang for your buck you are going to get with a Yeti cooler.
- Size: will you use the cooler for both food and drinks for an entire family, or just a couple of packs of beers on a boy’s fishing trip? Will you need to pack enough supplies for an entire week’s trip, or just enough breast milk for a day out at friends?
- Portability: do you need a cooler with soft flexible grips or something wider? Are you going to transport the cooler yourself or will other people help you? Coolers have different grips and handles, so it’s important to consider portability when shopping around.
- Wheels: if you’re going to be navigating difficult terrain or transporting the cooler over long distances, consider getting one of the best wheeled coolers or a Yeti that is made from sturdier materials. You may want to choose one that will allow you to sit on it if you need a breather, or one that can take things being piled on top of it on a trip.
Different Types of Yeti Cooler: Bag and Shell
Whether you choose a cooler bag or a shell is going to depend on what you use your cooler for. Here’s the difference:
- Bags: bags are made of sturdier material, making them ideal for rugged trips, like whitewater rafting, longer camping trips, fishing, hiking, and so on. The bags stay cooler for longer, too.
- Shells: shell coolers are more portable, softer, and ideal for shorter trips, like keeping your breast milk frozen on a visit to the family, or packing a six-pack for the guys. Don’t let the word “soft” fool you, though, these coolers are well-insulated and will keep your goods cool for long enough.
✅ Yeti Cooler: Reviews of the 7 Best Yeti Coolers, Plus the Worst 1 to Avoid ❎
Final Thoughts on Finding One of the Best Yeti Coolers:
While it’s tempting to just pick up any cooler, it’s worth considering that the best Yeti cooler isn’t always the most expensive. Each product variation has unique offerings. Carefully look at the options each product offers so that you can figure out which one will fit your needs best. Of course, keeping your things cold for an adequate amount of time is the most important factor, but you may require your cooler to perform more specific functions, be it offering more storage, storing breast milk, or being able to take a beating. Don’t pick a cooler just for the sake of it – use this buying guide to determine which one will suit your lifestyle the best.