Distilling water is an age-old filtration process. One that reminds us that water filtration isn’t just done through activated carbon. Not to mention distillation is one of the most highly recommended methods for water filtration available even when you account for all our new age technology. But, finding the best water distiller of 2021 for home use, definitely requires some forethought. With so many options available, it can feel overwhelming, but we’ve compiled the research and filtered out the options in order to find the five best water distiller available, as well as a couple you should avoid.
Reviews of the 5 Best Water Distillers, Plus 2 to Avoid
1. H20Labs Model 200 Countertop Home Water Distiller Review
With a high filtering capacity, quick runtime, and sleep design the H20Labs model 200 Countertop Home Water Distiller is the best water distiller of 2021. Unlike many of the other options on this list, the H20Labs model 200 is compact and lightweight. So, it’s easy to move when you need more countertop space.
This water distiller delivers about 4 gallons of water in a 24-hour period which is more than enough for most households. However, it’s important to note that the filtration process takes a while. And on top of that, the H20Labs model 200 is a manual distiller which means it doesn’t need a water line connection.
Overall there are many advantages to choosing the H20Labs Model 200 over the other options available. If you’re looking for a simple machine, with a high capacity, energy efficiency and with LED indicators.
To watch the H20Labs Model 200 Countertop Home Water Distiller Review on YouTube, click here
2. Pure Water Mini-Classic CT Counter Top Water Distiller Review
The Pure Water Mini-Classic CT Counter Top Water Distiller missed the number 1 spot only because of its price. Although it is the best water distiller of 2021, this model isn’t in very many budgets.
With a compact design, this distiller is perfect for apartments, homes, or even RVs. As RVs are growing in popularity as perma-homes, this is probably the one instance where we can justify the price for this model.
Another benefit that many people will pay top dollar for is the fact that there’s no assembly or installation required. From delivery, it’s ready to use straight out of the box. There’s also an automatic timer so you can fill it and walk away. Without the worry of malfunction or required supervision, you can get the full capacity out of this distiller.
To watch the Pure Water Mini-Classic CT Counter Top Water Distiller Review on YouTube, click here
3. Tinton Water Distiller Durable Water Purifier All Stainless-Steel Body Review
The best Tinton water distiller available has a full stainless-steel body ensuring that your water is always free from unnecessary chemicals. It’s sleek design, and high-quality purification makes the best Tinton water distiller a prime choice for many homes.
There is an additional feature that is now becoming standard among the best water distillers, and that’s the auto-off timer. This model is extremely compact, easy to travel well, and works flawlessly.
The machine reaches over 160 degrees Fahrenheit as part of its distillation process, so be sure to keep an eye on the heat before you reach for your water! Tinton claims to distill any water which makes this the best water distiller for weekend campers and RVs.
If you’re looking for an exceptionally compact distiller that has a high filtration rate, but low capacity this Tinton distiller is the best choice for you!
To watch the Tinton Water Distiller Durable Water Purifier All Stainless-Steel Body Review on YouTube, click here
4. Nutristream’s Megahome Countertop Water Distiller Review
With a glass nozzle, stainless-steel interior and glass pitcher this is the best megahome distiller available. Price is another factor that took this amazing distiller down a few spots on the list. Although the quality is among the best, few can budget for this device when it’s not meant to hold up to a small household’s water needs.
Although, it comes with a 1-year warranty you probably won’t ever use it. The best Nutristream megahome water distiller is made to last for years. Remember though that as with any distiller it needs occasional cleaning to wash out the calcium build up.
The best megahome water distiller stands out from the others because of its quality in design. The water never comes into contact with plastic and is slow-boiled to remove even organic compounds.
To watch the Nutristream’s Megahome Countertop Water Distiller Review on YouTube, click here
5. WaterWise 8800 Water Distiller Review
Hands down the best WaterWise water distiller is the 8800 model. Although nearly the entire thing is plastic, it’s BPA free and shatterproof. This model is also one of the most reasonably priced on this list for its size. Notice that it’s substantially larger than most water distillers.
The best WaterWise water distiller has an electronic display which is both a bonus and a downside. The bonus is you know how it is and can set timers. But, the downside is that this feature is known to stop working after a few months of heavy use. Typically, electronics and extraordinarily hot water don’t mix well.
But, if you’re looking for the best water distiller with a large capacity, full stainless-steel interior and impeccable design you should consider the WaterWise 8800. With a very large capacity and additional carbon filter, you know your water is clean, pure, and free of unwanted contaminants.
To watch the WaterWise 8800 Water Distiller Review on YouTube, click here
The reason CNCshop water distiller to avoid is that it’s advertised capacity is nowhere near what it’s actual capacity is. The manufacturer claims it can distill up to 24 Liters of water a day. However, you lose at least 2 full cycles a day just while you sleep. Not to mention losing another 2 cycles if you work away from home!
At the end of the day, you’ll be lucky to see 12 Liters of water a day from this device. Then when you consider that you need to change the filter after only 6 or 7 cycles, you’ll be burning through filters!
Overall this is a water distiller to avoid. Even after all the issues with its production abilities, the final straw is that it ends up in a plastic container that is not BPA free.
To watch the CNCshop Water Distiller Review on YouTube, click here
Simply the worst water distiller is the OrangeA water distiller that claims to use very little electricity while providing tons of distilled water. Providing about a gallon of distilled water in less than 4 hours it seems that this should be a contender for the best water distiller of 2021 and not a water distiller to avoid.
However, the problem comes with its long history of leaking. Because the device is difficult to close properly, it starts to leak steam when it goes through the distilling process. Eventually, this one design flaw leads to multiple leaks. It’s no secret that distillers get amazingly hot when they’re on, so any leak is an immediate safety hazard.
Although the OrangeA is cost-effective, it doesn’t matter how cheap it is if you need to replace it in just a few months. Save yourself the money and buy a slightly more expensive model that will last much longer.
To watch the OrangeA Water Distiller Review on YouTube, click here
2021 Buyers Guide to the Best Water Distiller
Everyone needs a bit of help when buying an appliance for the home, big or small. But, we have you covered. With the primary points necessary to make your decision you will end up with a top-rated water distiller for your home in no time. You’re looking for a readily available source of pure, clean and fresh drinking water, when a whole house water filter just isn’t an option. Some people use distilled water in their cooking, and others use it for cleaning as well. But there are a few primary functions to consider before purchasing a water distiller regardless of why you need it. The type of distiller, it’s capacity, and the materials it’s made of will help you find the best water distiller for your needs.
3 Main Points to Consider:
- Type of Distiller: Finding the best water distiller for your needs will depend largely on what type of distiller suits you. The 2 main types are manual and automatic. Many people think they would prefer an automatic but, end up buying a manual distiller because of the dramatic price difference. For a manual water distiller, you need to add the water to it every time you want to start a new distillation process. However, the automatic distillers are connected to a water line and constantly running to meet your water consumption needs. If you aren’t using an exceptionally large amount of water daily, a manual water distiller will more than satisfy your needs. Automatic distillers aren’t only pricier with the initial purchase; they also require more filter changes and use more electricity.
- Capacity: Many people don’t give capacity a second thought until they’re realizing that they’re distilling water all the time! This is one of the important features that you can’t disregard when making your decision. Account the capacity ability as you’re setting your budget. Larger capacity distillers are more expensive than smaller models. But, that doesn’t mean you can’t find the best water distiller for your budget. The best method for choosing what capacity you need from a water distiller is to figure out how much tap water you use in a day. A water distiller’s capacity depends on how much water it can distill in 24 hours. But remember that if you’re not home to refill it, even the best water distiller won’t deliver the max capacity! Consider its storage capacity as well when deciding which is the best water distiller in your home.
- Materials: When you’re considering which is the best water distiller for you and your home, keep an eye out for what materials the appliance has. The best water distiller should use mostly stainless steel or glass because they don’t have chemicals that can contaminate your water. If you have a plastic appliance, it will slowly expel chemicals into your water because of the distillation process which requires heat. But, if you do decide that the best water distiller for you is plastic, or has plastic pieces, check that it is food safe. Food grade materials meet criteria for safety, and you can ensure minimal exposure to chemicals through your distilled water. Another factor to look for if you’re choosing plastic is a “BPA-free” seal, stamp, or acknowledgment from the manufacturer. Plastics which are not BPA free are full of harmful chemicals which will pollute your water.
✅ Water Distiller: Reviews of the 5 Best Water Distillers, Plus the 2 Worst to Avoid ❎:
Final Thoughts on Finding the Best Water Distiller
Now you know all there you need to find the best water distiller for you and your home. We vote the H20Labs model 200 Countertop Home Water Distiller as the best water distiller of 2021.
With our buying guide and reviews you might see a different model that fits your needs. Some people enjoy distilled water over any other choice and who can blame them when these small appliances are so effective! If you think the taste of distilled water isn’t for you, try adding salts, or minerals to your water.