Ceramic water dispensers have become a popular product among people who enjoy a vintage look in their homes. While the best porcelain water dispensers do not have the same features as many bottleless water dispensers or countertop filters, they surely fit in perfectly with a variety of vintage home decors and will serve the purpose of dispensing cold water at the source. We’ve researched and found the eight top-rated porcelain water dispensers of 2019, as well as the worst 2 to avoid.
Reviews of the 8 Best Porcelain Water Dispensers, Plus the 2 Worst to Avoid
1. Primo Countertop Porcelain Ceramic Crock Water Dispenser Review
After we search through the many options available on the market, we found the best porcelain water dispenser of 2019 to be the Primo Countertop Porcelain Ceramic Crock Water Dispenser. This ceramic water crock comes with both a porcelain crock and a stand. The water dispenser is meant to be placed on top of your counter, similar to a countertop bottleless water cooler or countertop filter, allowing for easy access to water at any time of the day. The porcelain crock has been designed to be lead-free and BPA free, which means there is no need to worry about toxins leaking into your water. This water dispenser is compatible with both three-gallon and five-gallon bottles (not included with your purchase) and provides a high-quality faucet in the front for easy access to your water.
2. 360 Beauty & HomeGoods Porcelain Ceramic Water Dispenser Review
The best porcelain water dispenser with floor stand that we found is the 360 Beauty & HomeGoods Porcelain Ceramic Water Dispenser. This ceramic water crock comes with both a ceramic crock pot and a relatively tall wooden stand, which allows the dispenser to be placed on the floor, clearing up space on your countertop. This ceramic crock water dispenser is available in different designs, with a blue striped option being the most popular at the moment. High-quality ceramic water dispensers such as this model, are made of materials are used to provide a longer lifespan and more durable performance. The wood used in the construction of the stand is also durable. The crockpot features a lead-free design and a special coating on the outer layer reduces the risks for chipping.
3. For Your Water Porcelain Water Dispenser Crock Review
This is definitely the best porcelain water dispenser by For Your Water. This product is promoted to be the perfect option for storing water, as well as other liquids like punch and even kombucha. For Your Water Porcerlain Dispenser is available in different colors, including a classic plain white, black, green, baby blue, pink, red, orange, and dark blue. The container can hold up to 2.5 gallons of water and includes a ring protector to help improve the overall durability of the crock. A spigot faucet is fitted on the crock to make it easy to tap water into a glass. The crock is lightweight, easy to clean and can fit either a compatible bottle or a lid, depending on your preferences.
4. PWH Porcelain Water Dispenser Review
The best porcelain water dispenser by PWH and one of the more affordable options that are currently available, the PWH Porcelain Water Dispenser can hold as much as 2.5 gallons of water and is made from solid porcelain materials to avoid chipping and improve its general lifespan. This crock features a beautiful, antique design that will fit in perfectly with vintage home décor. The dispenser is only available in a solid black color and comes with a matching lid. It also features a matching black faucet that is easy to operate and offers a no-drip operation. The materials used in the construction of the PWH Porcelain Water Dispenser are certified lead free, leaving no risk of lead leaking into your water.
5. New Wave Enviro Stainless Steel Water Dispenser Review
If you know about the New Wave brand, then you already know that they have a couple of great water-related products on the market. If you are looking for the best porcelain water dispenser by New Wave, then you should surely consider this option. The New Wave Enviro Stainless Steel Water Dispenser mixes the classic antique look of porcelain dispensers, with some modern patterns and designs. This gives you the ability to add one of these crocks in virtually any type of home décor – and it will surely complement the interior. The crock is made from high-quality porcelain material and is certified to be lead-free. It comes with a plastic protector around the faucet that avoid leaks, while the level faucet makes accessing the water content inside the crock very easy.
6. New Wave Porcelain Water Crock Review
The New Wave Porcelain Water Crock offers 2.5-gallon internal storage space for your water and is compatible with different bottle sizes, including three gallon and five-gallon bottles. If you do not wish to mount a bottle on the top of the crock, then simply opt for the lid that is sold separately, which matches the overall design of the crock. The crock is constructed with high-quality porcelain materials to ensure the crock can be used for a long time without excessive chipping or wearing out. The materials used in the crock does not contain any lead, providing a safer way to store your water and match the internal décor of your home at the same time. A level faucet is built into this dispenser for convenient access to the water.
7. New Wave Enviro Blue Striped Porcelain Water Dispenser Review
Yet another excellent option from the New Wave brand. The New Wave Enviro Blue Striped Porcelain Water Dispenser allows you to store up to 2.5 gallons of water. This dispenser features support for both three-gallon and five-gallon water bottles – it is highly recommended to opt for BPA-free bottles to complement the fact that the crock is made from lead-free materials. The porcelain used in the construction of the crock is durable and provides better performance than some of the cheaper options out there. A level faucet is found in the front of the device, which makes it easy to dispense water. The faucet is accompanied by a protector ring to avoid water from leaking out of the crock.
8. For Your Water 2.5 Gallon porcelain Grape Water Crock Review
Finally, the For Your Water 2.5-Gallon Porcelain Grape Water Crock also deserves a spot in our list of the best porcelain water dispensers. This dispenser features a true vintage look, with a printed design surrounding the entire crock. It is made from lead-free porcelain materials and has a storage capacity of 2.5 gallons. This is not only a great option for storing water, but can also be used for juices, kombucha, and other liquids. The For Your Water 2.5-Gallon Porcelain Grape Water Crock comes at an affordable price and can be purchased separately, or with additional accessories, such as a BPA-free bottle, a lid, or a stand.
Avoid – For Your Water All Black Everything Porcelain Water Crock Dispenser Review
If you are looking for one of the best options on the market, then we recommend you avoid this porcelain water dispenser. For Your Water All Black Water Crock surely has a beautiful design and even comes with a wooden stand that matches the color of the crock itself, but overall, we found the negative factors of this option to outweigh its positives. In particular, it seems as the material used is not as good as many of the other porcelain water dispensers we found while doing our research. The crock is also more expensive than other options with similar features and has a smaller internal storage capacity, which means more frequent refills will be needed when opting for this dispenser.
Avoid – Organize Brio Polished Porcelain Ceramic Water Dispenser Review
We also want to tell you about the worst porcelain water dispenser on the market. The Organize Brio Polished Porcelain Ceramic Water Dispenser has a couple of features that make it look like an ideal option, but when taking a look at some specific factors and the general customer reviews, we found this dispenser to be a lower quality option. This porcelain dispenser features a polished finish and lead-free material, along with 2.5-gallon storage capacity. It can fit both rectangular and round bottles. The problem, however, is that the material seems to be of lower quality. This leads to a less durable performance and a higher risk of chipping.
2019 Buyers Guide to the Best Porcelain Water Dispensers
Porcelain water dispensers are fragile, but when you opt for the right product, you can get a longer lifespan out of the dispenser. The following is a list of essential factors we found to be important during the process of choosing the right porcelain water dispenser to be added to your home.
3 Main Factors to Consider
- Quality: Most porcelain water dispensers on the market tend to be fragile since they are built from ceramic materials instead of durable options like plastic or steel. This means the quality of a ceramic water dispenser should be the primary concern when shopping for one of these water dispensers. Some of the water crock dispensers on the market are made from higher quality porcelain, which provides for a more durable product – this is an important feature that you should be looking for as lower quality porcelain would break much easier, even with insignificant bumps. In addition to considering the quality of the crock itself, take the quality of additional accessories into account as well – this may include the faucet, as well as a stand that comes with some of these products.
- Water Bottle Compatibility: Another important consideration to be made is the compatibility of the porcelain water dispenser you might be interested in. There are big and small options on the market, each providing an opening at the top that is compatible with specific types of bottles. Some of these dispensers are also not compatible with bottles at all, but rather needs to be manually filled and is then covered with a lid – the lid is usually made in such a way to match the overall design of the crock itself. If the dispenser you are interested in does not feature water bottle compatibility, then opt for a product with a larger storage capacity to reduce the need for frequently refilling the crock.
- Appearance: There is no doubt that people opt for porcelain water dispensers merely for their appearance – they have an antique, or vintage, look about them that many people like. These products fit in well with many home décor styles and are often purchased for these specific purposes. For this reason, you should take the appearance of the porcelain water dispenser you wish to buy seriously. Consider the décor of your home and then take a look at the options that are available. When it comes to buying these products, you will notice that your options are somewhat limited, but there should still be at least one dispenser on the market that stands out to you.
What’s the difference between a porcelain water dispenser and a water cooler?
Water coolers have become an essential part of many homes today, providing the entire family with a way to have fresh, cold water at their disposal. The majority of modern water coolers on the market also offers convenient features like built-in water filters to ensure water is not only cold but also clean and free of harmful toxins. A ceramic water dispenser, or porcelain water dispenser, on the other hand, is a product that is rather chosen for its vintage look. These ceramic crock dispensers will not help to keep water at a cold temperature and do not come with built-in filters.
How Porcelain is Made (Video):
Final Thoughts on Buying the Best Porcelain Water Dispensers
The vintage look of a ceramic water dispenser is trending again and with water being an essential part of our bodies, adding a porcelain water dispenser to the existing décor of a home might be just the missing piece you’re looking for.