Nothing refreshes better than the crisp taste of expertly crafted carbonated water. The best soda siphon on the market is designed to add fizz to your favorite cocktail or home-based beverage concoction. They typically don’t take up much space in your kitchen or bar area. And they are likely to cut down on the cost of store-bought drinks and environmental waste, as well. We’ve researched and discovered nine top-rated soda siphons of 2020, as well as one that you may want to avoid.
Reviews of the 9 Best Soda Siphon, Plus 1 to Avoid
1. iSi Soda Siphon by iSi North America Review
Our first recommendation here is, in our opinion, the best iSi Soda siphon this year. This is a large 1-quart bottle crafted from stainless steel for a sturdy build and to resist easy denting.
For your health’s sake, the inside walls of this siphon have been lined with ceramic to prevent leaching and keep the flavor of your soda water intact.
The iSi Soda Siphon uses 8g CO2 cartridges and it’s compatible with generic canisters of the same size. This means that you don’t have to keep hunting for a particular brand online provided your local store carries any 8g chargers.
Note that the package does not come with a starter pack. Thus, you might want to make an order separately.
For safety purposes, this siphon is fitted with a pressure control valve to minimize the risks of explosions, and a measuring tube that guides you on how much water to add into the bottle.
Even better, the knowledge that this siphon is made in America (and not China) and that it carries a 2-year warranty might give you ou peace of mind.
To watch the iSi Soda Siphon by iSi North America Review on YouTube, click here.
2. Innovee Soda Siphon Review
Our next best alternative will definitely make a great choice for fizzy water lovers who want a sweet spot between reliability and affordability.
This is an aluminum bottle sporting a simple yet attractive design that will make it a great addition to your kitchen tops or bar.
Thanks to the construction material, the Innovee Soda Siphon is considerably lighter than the iSi above and will, therefore, fit the bill if you are looking for a portable soda water maker.
Overall, this siphon feels and looks sturdy for years of use. To curb the issue of leaks, the cap is designed with strong and secure threads and you also get several extra o-rings for future replacements.
We also like that the charger holder is aluminum, not plastic to prevent breaking. Even better, you get 2 charger holders with the package just in case you misplaced one.
To watch the Innovee Soda Siphon Review on YouTube, click here.
3. ICO Professional Soda Siphon and Seltzer Water Maker Review
Impeccable Culinary Objects is a popular American brand headquartered in Medley, California.
This kitchenware manufacturer has been in this business for over 15 years and has almost anything that a soda water fanatic needs; soda and seltzer makers, whipped cream dispensers, chargers, and replacements, etc.
The ICO Professional is one of the best soda siphons this year. This is an all-aluminum 1-liter bottle with a silver headset that compliments its sleek design.
Designed with convenience in mind, this seltzer water maker is compatible with all 8-gram carbonators from other brands including Best Whip, Mosa, iSi, Liss, and Kayser.
For those who are totally green to soda makers and siphons, the package also brings you a Cocktail Book with how-to guides on how to make 8 types of cocktails.
To watch the ICO Professional Soda Siphon and Seltzer Water Maker Review on YouTube, click here.
4. Soda Siphon Maker by Baskiss Review
This Soda Siphon by Baskiss offers yet another great and inexpensive way of making bubbly water at home.
This model is a replica of the ICO above in all aspects only that it is a few bucks less expensive. And that’s what makes it an ideal option for people who are still on the fence.
Most of its previous users affirm that it is easy to use and works as expected. The bottle itself is made of aluminum and the manufacturer does hint that it is safe in the dishwasher.
The cap and the siphon collar are made of hard plastics and feel much sturdier compared to several low-end siphon soda makers.
To avoid last minute inconveniences, do note that this model does not ship with the carbonators. Fortunately, it is compatible with almost any 8g cartridge including the inexpensive chargers by iSi.
To watch the Soda Siphon Maker by Baskiss Review on YouTube, click here.
5. Liss Professional Stainless Steel Soda Siphon Review
Any review of the best Liss Soda Siphon would have to carry this model. At a glance, this siphon seems quite pricey compared to other models that we’ve reviewed so far. But anyone you have used it will tell you that it has quite a lot to bring to the table.
Have you checked out its capacity? The Liss Professional Soda Siphon is one of the largest that we’ve come across this far. This one features an impressive 2-quart tank thereby making it an incredible choice for soda water addicts who can go over a quart in one pour.
This large capacity also means that there is reduced preparation time. it also makes it ideal for a large family of heavy fizzy water consumers.
The Liss soda siphon uses a single 8-gram cartridge for the 2 quarts and most people affirm that it works as expected.
To watch the Liss Professional Stainless Steel Soda Siphon Review on YouTube, click here.
6. Lovin Silver Glass Mesh Soda Siphon Review
Looking for the best vintage soda siphon? The Lovin will be hard to resist. Quite unique from the rest, this device features a glass tank covered with a silver wire mesh on the exterior to create a retro-style look.
This classic design makes it a superb addition for any kitchen or upscale bar. The Lovin Silver Glass Soda Siphon has a diameter of 5 inches and height of 11 inches. It’s quite heavy compared to the aluminum and stainless steel siphons above but it’s still super easy to work with.
Mind you, this siphon also works as good as it looks. It has a capacity of 1 liter and uses any generic 8g carbonator. Note that you’ll have to buy the cartridges separately.
Previous buyers around the web say that it charges quickly and maintains the effervescence for up to 2 days under refrigeration.
To watch the Lovin Silver Glass Mesh Soda Siphon Review on YouTube, click here.
7. Mobright Professional Aluminum Soda Siphon Review
The major drawback of the Lovin Glass siphon above is its weight and height. In case you find it cumbersome, say, for your travel needs, Mobright could be a better option.
This is a small and lightweight siphon made of aluminum and a sturdy plastic for the head. Thanks to its weight, the Mobright Professional Soda Siphon will be a great addition to your luggage if you move around a lot or if you want a soda water maker that can serve you both at work and later in the office.
You’ll also be delighted at its ease of use. Just like other models here, you only need to add near-freezing water, screw the cap back, place the CO2 cartridge in the holder and screw to release the gas, and shake for 10 seconds. That’s it.
This siphon is available in 2 colors; white and black and is compatible with any small carbonator designed for 1-liter siphons.
To watch the Mobright Professional Aluminum Soda Siphon Review on YouTube, click here.
8. Sparkle Soda Siphon Silver by Creamright Review
If durability is your major concern, the Sparkle Soda Siphon might be what you have in mind. This model continues to receive good press for its ability to withstand heavy daily use while maintaining a good level of performance.
One thing that most people tend to rave about most is its good quality construction. Made from aluminum, the silver exterior of this siphon is a breeze to keep clean and does not show prints. It also has an attractive sleek design especially for your bar as well as travel needs.
About performance, the Sparkle uses any 3rd party 8-gram carbonators and has no complicated use. While it’s advisable to chill it for at least 30 minutes, it creates a good amount of fizz for instant use with near-freezing water and a good shake.
To watch the Sparkle Soda Siphon Silver by Creamright Review on YouTube, click here.
9. Soda Boss Soda Siphon Review
Soda Boss may not be a hit brand such as Keurig Kold or SodaStream, at least for now. But it’s’ soda makers and siphons are getting rave feedback.
The 1 liter Soda Boss Siphon is one of the best cheap soda siphons that we came across in our search. It is worth giving a shot if you are dying to get a seltzer maker on a shoestring budget.
This siphon has a simple yet appealing design thanks to its silver silhouette and shiny black cap. Using it is fairly easy too once you get a good hang of it.
While a few buyers report slow leaks, a good portion of its previous users say that it holds pressure well after the cap has been screwed back tightly.
To watch the Soda Boss Soda Siphon Review on YouTube, click here.
Avoid – Sodamaker Classic Mesh iSi North America Review
iSi has always been our go-to brand whenever we want to recommend the best mesh soda siphon for the money. However, we feel that they missed the mark with their iSi Sodamaker Classic Siphon.
Sorry to say but this is the worst soda siphon on the market, in our opinion. We can’t deny that this siphon is quite irresistible in terms of design. However, at its price, we expected a glass bottle, not plastic.
The cap also tends to let out some of the gas even after a tight screw, consequently affecting the overall carbonation process.
To watch the Sodamaker Classic Mesh iSi North America Review on YouTube, click here.
2020 Buyers Guide to the Best Soda Siphon:
A soda siphon is hands down, the most economical and easiest way of making seltzer at home. The good news is that you can also use it to make your favorite soda beverages if you don’t have a sodastream yet.
In fact, speaking of SodaStream, what you’ll really love about soda siphons is that they are several folds cheaper yet they offer almost similar results.
When shopping for the best soda siphons of 2020, you’ll want to consider several factors including the construction material, compatibility with generic CO2 chargers, and the safety features utilized. Here is a close up overview of how to buy a soda siphon:
3 Main Points to Consider
- Construction Material: All soda siphons are pretty much identical and use the same procedure to give your water that addictive bubbly taste. However, depending on the manufacturer and the model, these devices can be made from a variety of materials including stainless steel, aluminum, and glass. Of course, most people prefer stainless steel citing its elegant look and feel. Stainless steel used to craft soda siphons is generally culinary-grade and it’s usually non-reactive. This means that it won’t leach chemicals into your beverage. Another charm that gives stainless steel the upper hand here is its sturdy nature. This means that these bottles are hard to dent and can comfortably go into the dishwasher. However, it’s important to note that stainless steel contains nickel.So if you are allergic to this metal, it might be a good idea to consider other types of bottles. Aluminum soda siphons might be your next bet if stainless steel isn’t your thing. Perhaps the best part about the best aluminum soda siphons is that they are considerably less expensive compared to their stainless steel alternatives. These models are also notably lighter and will, therefore, be a great pick if you are in the market for a highly portable soda siphon. Unfortunately, these models’ lightweight design counts as a drawback too. They dent easily and should only be hand-washed. You could also get a soda siphon made from glass. Note that we couldn’t advocate for this material a few years back when they were plagued with explosions. The latest models, however, are much safer now since the CO2 cartridges were standardized to just enough amount of gas for a one-liter bottle. Glass siphons might be a great choice for you if you are tired of bottles that give your water a metallic or plastic-y taste. The biggest drawback to glass soda siphons is their fragility. Unlike their aluminum and stainless steel alternatives, these ones don’t dent, but they shatter if knocked around or dropped.
- Chargers and Compatibility: Unlike one of the top SodaStream models or SodaStream alternatives that uses a huge air canister that could take you a few months before the need to refill, a soda siphon uses a one-off charger that holds enough pressurized CO2 for 1 liter of water only. This means that you’ll need to use a new cartridge for each bottle. Most soda siphons will ship with a couple of chargers to kick you off. This isn’t guaranteed though.So enquire beforehand whether the package does come with the starter pack or if you’ll need to make a separate order for them. The good news about most soda siphons is that they use a standard 8g charger that can be replaced with almost any other brand. Again, it’s not safe to assume. Enquire whether your target soda siphon is compatible with the generic CO2 chargers in stores near you. If not, you’ll want to ensure that the specific chargers are easy to find.
- Cost and Warranty: Of course, you’ll also need to remain within your budget. Soda siphons cost as low as $30 and could go over the $100 mark easily. The cost mainly depends on the brand and the construction material (glass tends to be pricier). Well, a higher price does not always guarantee quality and top-range performance, especially when dealing with glass siphons. However, we also don’t advise you to go so cheap with these gadgets especially if you are a big fizzy water drinker. On the same note, it also pays to check out what review sites and previous buyers have to say about your target soda siphon. Lastly, it’s a great idea to go for a model with a good manufacturer backing just in case the device refuses to work when you badly need it.
What is the difference between a soda siphon and soda maker?
On the surface, a soda siphon and a soda maker – or sparkling water maker (which is effectively the new slang for soda maker) – are pretty much the same thing in that the two allow you to make carbonated water at home.
However, these two different devices have a few distinct features that might affect your choice in which one to buy, based on your home’s needs.
For instance, soda makers are often more expensive on the initial purchase – unless you purchase a starter kit with the CO2 carbonator and other accesories included in the package.
Speaking of the CO2 carbonator, soda makers are designed to use large canisters or carbonators that could charge up to 60 liters of water. On the other hand, most soda siphon utilize a 8g charger for every liter. These chargers cost around forty cents and are sold in packs.
So, while a soda siphon is seemingly cheaper, the cost and the environment waste adds up over time, relative to a soda maker or sparkling water maker. However, this will depend on how much carbonated water you plan to produce.
These two different appliances also differ in terms of performance. For instance, the carbonated water from a soda maker is ready to drink straight away. But you’ll need to wait for at least 15 minutes and preferably 1 hour for the carbonated water in a soda siphon to attain optimal effervescence.
Perhaps the siphons’ saving grace is that they can go with you where a soda maker won’t. So, if you want a device that you can move around without adding too much weight to your luggage, this is the way to go.
Best Soda Siphon Reviews (2020 Buyers Guide):
Final Thoughts on Buying the Best Soda Siphon
A soda siphon is a great alternative to soda makers. These relatively affordable and easy-to-use gadgets offer an economical way of maintaining a steady supply of seltzer both at home and on the go.
Mind you, there’s a lot that you can do with these devices. Besides converting regular tap water into a refreshing sparkling drink, you could also use it to bubble up some water for your on-the-rocks liquors or even add your favorite SodaStream flavor to make homemade soda. It’s our hope that this roundup of the best soda siphon of 2020 will guide to your ideal model.