If you like using your favorite SodaStream model to make carbonated drinks, then you’ll love exploring the best SodaStream flavors on the market to make the most creative concoctions at home. The good news is, you’re not limited to traditional soda flavors, although the basics, such as cola, root beer and ginger ale are available.
We’ve researched and discovered ten top-rated SodaStream flavors, as well as one that might not be worth trying.
Reviews of the 10 Best SodaStream Flavors, Plus 1 to Avoid
1. SodaStream Classic Flavors Variety Pack Review
For those who find it valuable to sample from a variety pack that will offer a treat for the entire family, the SodaStream Classic Flavors Variety Pack offers some of the best SodaStream natural flavor combinations on the market today.
SodaStream is all about cutting down your expenses on soda and seltzer style drinks, as well as keeping your health in check versus traditional soft drinks. And this pack reinforces that sentiment.
This variety bundle serves up eight 14.8 fl ounce (440 ml) syrup bottles, which is enough to give you up to 34 servings each.
For those who are traditional soda drinkers and won’t settle for anything else other than best cola syrup for SodaStream, this pack brings you three varieties; cola, cherry cola, and diet cola. If you love straight up cola, then the regular cola syrup will be sure to create that normal ‘coke’ taste, but with minimal sugar and calorie content.
To watch the SodaStream Classic Flavors Variety Pack Review on YouTube, click here.
2. SodaStream Lemon Lime Syrup Review
Sprite, 7 Up, and Mountain Dew rank highly on the list of the most commonly consumed soda beverages. If you wish to replicate the same taste in your sparkling water at a friendly price tag and in a more health-friendly version, SodaStream’s Lemon Lime syrup might be the way to go.
The SodaStream Lemon Lime Syrup now comes in a 14.8 fl ounce bottle capable of giving you up to 36 servings (9 liters) of your favorite beverage.
The new cap in this syrup’s bottle now has three fill lines compared to the single line that the original cap had. This new cap now has an option to measure just the right amount of syrup for 0.5L bottles.
There’s also a Lightly Sweetened line for those who want to give their 1L drink just a light touch, and a ‘sweet’ mark for a regular shot.
To watch the SodaStream Lemon Lime Syrup Review on YouTube, click here.
3. SodaStream Energy Syrup Review
Perfect for giving fizzy beverages a boost of energy, the Sodastream Energy syrup offers a reliable option especially if you are trying to steer away from expensive and highly processed, store-bought energy drinks.
True to its name, this syrup aims at keeping you alert and awake without spending a penny on Red Bull, Full Throttle or Monster among other popular energy drinks.
Besides not having to dash to the store whenever you need a caffeinated shot, SodaStream also offers you a notably healthier dose since it uses fewer sugars and sweeteners.
Even better, the SodaStream Energy Syrup is one of the best SodaStream energy syrups that is less likely to hit you with the subsequent crashes that regular energy drinks often deliver.
The only downside however, is that this syrup is notably pricier than some of other top SodaStream flavors on the market. However, the fact that a 148-fl. Oz bottle makes up to 9 liters of energy drink still makes it worth every dime, relative to store-bought energy cans.
To watch the SodaStream Energy Syrup Review on YouTube, click here.
4. SodaStream Soda Mix Dr Pete Review
If you ever wished for a carbonated drink infused with cherry and vanilla taste, Dr. Pete might just create that flavor profile for you.
As a side note, vanilla reigns supreme as one of most people’s favorite flavors. And this is what makes Dr Pete Sodastream Soda mix such a great option if you want to prepare bulk quantities of homemade soda for family gatherings and parties that everyone is sure to enjoy.
The SodaStream Soda Mix Dr Pete is also quite economical considering that it comes in a considerably larger bottle than other flavors (500 ml).
This means that you can get up to 14 liters of soda from a single bottle – which means that unless you have a massive family or you are using your SodaStream to quench the thirst of multiple people at work, for example, this 500 ml bottle could last you quite some time before needing to place another order.
It is also worth mentioning, there is also a diet version of this Dr Pete soda mix.
To watch the SodaStream Soda Mix Dr Pete Review on YouTube, click here.
5. SodaStream Tonic Syrup Review
Are you fond of holding cocktail parties and wish to get flavor syrup that you can use in just about any kind of drink? SodaStream Tonic Syrup, combined with the seltzer fizz from your SodaStream, could be all you need, and for good reason.
Historically used by British soldiers for its anti-malarial effects, tonic syrup today gives cocktails an easier upgrade by creating a signature taste that makes them perfect to quench your thirst amidst the summer’s hot temps.
A 440 ml bottle gives you enough syrup to create 7-9 liters of tonic beverage. The good news, however, is that you are in total control of the amount of tonic that goes into each drink. And this means that you can get a perfect flavor shot each time.
To watch the SodaStream Tonic Syrup Review on YouTube, click here
6. SodaStream Waters Fruits Sparkling Water Mix Review
SodaStream Waters Fruits Sparkling Water Mix is among the most loved and highly rated flavors from SodaStream.
One of the main reasons for this is the unique blends of fruit infused flavors such as grapefruit, which can add unique twist to any beverage you create with your favorite SodaStream model.
One thing that you’ll really love about this syrup is the perfect balance between tart and sweet. While this manufacturer did not indicate the amount of each component, you’ll notice that they did a great job of making sure that the syrup isn’t overly sweet or bitterly sour.
According to the ingredient list, this syrup has grapefruit juice concentrate, trisodium citrate, burnt sugar syrup, a few vitamins, and ester gum among other ingredients. In addition, it is worth noting that this flavor blend does not contain high fructose corn Syrup or aspartame.
To watch the SodaStream Waters Fruits Sparkling Water Mix Review on YouTube, click here.
7. SodaStream Diet Fountain Sparkling Drink Mix Variety Pack Review
This pack of four syrup bottles is one that most diet soda lovers will swear by. This pack brings diet versions of Cola, Dr. Pepper, Orange, and Root Beer. The SodaStream Diet Fountain Sparkling Drink Mix Variety Pack will definitely suit you if you enjoy soda, but prefer less sugar and fewer sweeteners.
You may find the Diet Cola in this variety pack to be a little bit closer to the regular cola than the naturally sweetened version, so this should not a drawback.
If you’ve tried out regular Dr. Pete and found it to taste a little bit like Dr. Pepper, this diet version might surprise you. It is notably lighter – and a bit more citrus flavored – than some of the flavor options for your SodaStream.
To watch the SodaStream Diet Fountain Sparkling Drink Mix Variety Pack Review on YouTube, click here.
8. Sparkling Gourmet Syrup by SodaStream Review
Yet another highly recommendable option in our list of the best SodaStream flavor reviews, the Sparkling Gourmet syrup has a special place for people who love sparkling water beverages with blackberry flavor and a hint of lime.
Its very light flavor also makes it a good choice for people who simply want a change of pace from ordinary water, but not the excess sweetness that ordinary soda is known for.
On the same note, we should mention here that this Sparkling Gourmet Syrup by SodaStream is caffeine-free. Thus, you should feel comfortable getting it if you don’t want something that will make your heart race.
Similar to other flavors, this syrup comes in a 14.8 fl. Oz bottle and offers 36 servings/9 liters of flavored fizzy beverage.
To watch the Sparkling Gourmet Syrup by SodaStream Review on YouTube, click here.
9. SodaStream Waters Zeros Sparkling Water Mix Review
One of the main reasons why people love SodaStream flavors is that they provide more beverage at less cost – and with less waste – allowing folks to binge on ‘soda’, or seltzer water and with fewer calories overall.
With so many add-on flavor options, SodaStream offers endless combinations, such as the case with the Waters Zeros flavor line. And if you are concerned with increased calorie intake, but you still want to kick some taste in your beverages, then Waters Zeros Sparkling Water Mix might be what you are looking for.
Featuring watermelon and strawberries in soda form, the SodaStream Waters Zeros Sparkling Water Mix contains zero calories thereby becoming a top recommendation for soda drinkers on a weight loss regimen.
Similar to the Sparkling Gourmet syrup above, Waters Zero is quite light. In one hand, this means that you’ll be going through a bottle a bit faster, if you have sweeter taste buds. On the other hand, it makes it easier to control the number of artificial ingredients that go into your carbonated beverage leading to improved health.
To watch the SodaStream Waters Zeros Sparkling Water Mix Review on YouTube, click here.
10. SodaStream My Water 3-Pack Syrup Review
Our last recommendation here isn’t the least in any way whatsoever. In fact, ask us the best SodaStream unsweetened flavor, and My Water will always come up first.
SodaStream My Water 3-Pack Syrup is perhaps the most ‘good-for-you’ of all flavors considering that it uses natural unsweetened flavor essence. This means that that the manufacturer uses real fruit, fruit juice, and fruit skins rather than other artificial sweeteners.
My Water is thereby a great option for people including kids and those on diet.
Additionally, this flavor option comes in a three-pack variety bundle featuring lemon lime, raspberry, and orange.
Just be aware that you may be tempted to use more of it since it has a reduced composition of artificial ingredients!
To watch the SodaStream My Water 3-Pack Syrup Review on YouTube, click here.
Avoid – SodaStream Ginger Ale Fountain Style Review
As this list proves, SodaStream offers endless options when it comes to giving your sparkling water a boost in terms of taste. However, there still exist a few flavors that we would recommend you to steer clear from, that is if you’ve not tried them yet.
The SodaStream Ginger Ale Fountain Style is the worst SodaStream flavor on the market.
Firstly, we find it quite misleading for this seller to market this flavor as naturally sweetened syrup, whereas it uses Stevia to do so. Granted, some folks consider Stevia a healthier option, but it is still not a completely natural beverage addition.
Secondly, this ginger ale flavor does not use real ginger in its making, which would be a health boost. Lastly, its price, relative to some of the other’s on this list, is a bit higher and off the mark.
To watch the SodaStream Ginger Ale Fountain Style Review on YouTube, click here.
2021 Buyers Guide to the Best SodaStream Flavors
SodaStream flavors now offer a whole new way of staying hydrated without being tied to regular tap water, seltzer, or carbonated soft drinks. The very first step that you need to take when joining the homemade fizzy drink revolution is to identify the flavor that tickles your taste buds. If you are a health fanatic, you’ll also need to scour the available options and dissect their labels to ensure that you get ‘good-for-you’ flavor versions. Here are three main points that could make choosing the right SodaStream flavor, or SodaStream syrup alternative, even easier.
3 Main Points to Consider
- Type of Flavor: With the August 2018 acquisition of SodaStream by PepsiCo for $3.2 billion, the SodaStream offerings will likely continue to increase.If you’ve just bought a SodaStream and aren’t sure which flavor to try first, it’s easy and cost effective enough to buy a few flavors and sample them. There are many flavors including traditional sodas such as cola, cherry cola, diet cola, ginger ale and root beer. And there are other popular flavors like tonics, teas, lemonades, fruits and more. For those who have a big heart for energy drinks and would like to make a batch at home, there is an irresistible energy drink category for you as well.Of course, it will take some time for you to try all the available options on the market. But that’s the fun part!
- Ingredients: We all react differently to various flavors and sweeteners. Importantly, if you are a health nut, you’ll need to dig around and understand the style and ingredients in the flavors that you are eyeing to ensure that they are in line with your health needs upfront.For instance, if you are of the opinion that splenda will affect your weight loss regimen negatively, then a good idea might be to stick to Sodastream’s new line of ‘naturals.’ These flavors use 100% sucrose free and do not contain corn syrup or artificial sweeteners.Every syrup in SodaStream’s categories comes in at least two versions that differ not only in color, but also in the general taste.For instance, if you are a fan of cola, or cherry cola, you have a multitude of sensational flavors to choose from. If you are torn in between Coke and Pepsi, you’ll be able to mix the do-it-yourself cola flavor to the perfect balance point.That being said, they might interest soda lovers who enjoy fizzy beverages with normal soda taste, but low on artificial sugars. If you are more calorie-conscious, diet cola flavoring might be what you want. This version has the regular cola profile, but just enough sweetness.
- Caffeine Content:The fact that SodaStream has so many flavors to choose from means that you can get certain flavors for specific moments and needs. For instance, if you want something that can fuel you up and keep you rehydrated both at the gym and on the trails, SodaStream has functional syrups just for that.For the record, the energy drinks category is packed with high-caffeine mixes to help you keep alert and manage drowsiness. The best part, in terms of SodaStream flavoring, is that these drinks come in different flavors ranging from mango to cranberry and strawberry, along with that energy boost. Coffee-binging isn’t the only way to caffeinate your system after all!If you are looking for less of an edge, there are flavorings that can cater to these desires too. The fruity sodas such as the pineapple grapefruit, for instance, are not only sweet but they also create a refreshing treat taste that is reminiscent of a snow cone.
Are all SodaStream syrups healthy?
The question of whether or not SodaStream is a healthier option to regular soda has sparked a highly heated debate over the years.
There are numerous studies that blame normal soda for the increased rate of obesity and other ailments including heart and kidney diseases, diabetes, cancer, stroke, and asthma. However, most of these claims stem from the caloric level in these beverages, which are typically higher than what you get from a can of SodaStream syrup.
Precisely, a 20 Oz can of Coca-Cola adds 240 calories and about 17 teaspoons of sugar into your body. On the other hand, an 8-ounce serving of Streamsoda’s cola has around 35 ounces of calories and 8 grams of sugar. These values make the latter seemingly friendlier, right?
However, regardless of how you look at it, remember that you are ingesting (often sugary) sparkling water at the end of the day.
Sodastream Flavors Review (Video):
Final Thoughts on Buying One of the Best SodaStream Flavors
SodaStream is great to own especially in this era where we are all trending toward healthier beverage and reducing pollution from bottled and canned beverages. Creating beverages at home with your favorite SodaStream model, combined with a flavor enhancer, not only minimizes the number of plastic bottles going to the landfills, but it also cuts on the number of calories and sugar that you consume, when compared to store bought drinks. With a near endless supply of additional flavors, you can create a near endless supply of flavor combos for the whole family. We hope our SodaStream flavor reviews have served you well!