When was the last time you tested your home’s water? Hopefully, if you aren’t currently relying on a water softener or whole house water filtration system or both, the answer is as recent as the previous six months. Testing for the amounts of sediment, harmful metals, pesticides, bacteria, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) helps you understand the composition of your water at the source.
Suppose you rely on water delivered from your local water municipality. In that case, you can source the water quality information on the web, including how your city treats the water before it arrives at your home’s plumbing. It’s free and worth the time investigating.
If your water supply comes from a well, it is even more critical to test the water regularly. For starters, you need to stay one step ahead of the amounts of harmful bacteria, lead, and arsenic. Second, well water is notoriously lousy tasting.
And let’s not forget the potential for hard water. If scaly buildup suddenly appears on your glassware, or if your skin and hair start to become more itchy and dry, then calcium and magnesium the harsh minerals hard water are so famous for are to blame. Enter the SpringWell FutureSoft Salt Free Water Softener.
Before we go any further it’s worth clarifying, a salt-free water softener technically “conditions” your home’s water. The difference being traditional salt-based water softeners process hard water using ion exchange. Hard water minerals are removed and exchanged for “softer minerals.” It’s important to understand that salt-free water conditioners don’t remove the minerals, like a water softener that uses a salt-based solution to eliminate calcium and minerals in the system’s regeneration cycle.
A Springwell Futuresoft Salt-Free Water Softener is a fantastic product to consider if you’re in the market for a new salt-free water softener system. The good news is, we cover all of the essential details, including how the Springwell salt-free water softener works, the benefits of salt-free water softening, along with Springwell salt-free water softener product specifications.
This comprehensive buyer’s guide will give you all the information you need to understand the Springwell futuresoft salt-free water softener will fit the bill for your home water needs.
Overview Of The Springwell Futuresoft Salt-Free Water Softener
At the core of a Springwell Futuresoft salt-free water softener is a product that will positively impact your health, enhance your lifestyle, save you a lot of time and money, and consistently impress you with its environmentally green footprint.
Springwell’s 20-year innovative mission is crystal clear: you can condition your home’s water easily, without a lot of fuss, chemicals, and electricity. Provide your family with clean refreshing contaminate-free water “soft” water.
And if you ever have questions about or issues with your Springwell Futuresoft Salt-Free Water Softener their team is dedicated to offering you only the highest quality customer service.
How Does A Springwell Futuresoft Salt-Free Water Softener System Work?
Understanding how a salt-free water softener works is key to understanding what the system is doing to make your water healthier and safer to consume, cook with and run through your appliances.
Springwell has a secret, but the good news is, they’re willing to share it. The filtration in the Futuresoft salt-free water softener system is impressive, but it’s the tank design with its to fluidize the filter that makes it a standout water softener.
Fluidization is a scientific method by which solid particles float in an upward direction to form calcium crystals. FutureSoft filters, or media, convert sticky calcium crystals, the enemy that makes your water hard into soft, crystal clear, calcium-free water, no matter your home’s flow rate.
According to a report from the Water Quality Association (WQA, the average home operates with a low 6 to 12 gallon per minute (GPM) rate. Between the number of showers, loads of laundry and dishes, and glasses of water there are lots of stop and start cycles, and a quality water softener has to keep up.
The Springwell FutureSoft ActivFlo Technology can handle it and you never feel a drop in water pressure.
Salt-Free Template Assisted Crystallization (TAC)
The secret is out! Salt-based water softeners process hard water using ion exchange. Hard water minerals are removed and exchanged for “softer minerals.”
A Springwell Futuresoft salt-free water softener uses Template Assisted Crystallization (TAC) to convert and stabilize hardness-causing minerals. The scientific process involves specially coated beads wrapped in a unique resin that make hard water minerals form into suspended micro-crystals that don’t need to be regenerated, backwashed, and won’t cling to metal plumbing.
One of the most important factors to consider about a Springwell Futuresoft salt-free water conditioning system is that they don’t trap minerals. And that means you never spend time scheduling a cleaning cycle or space and drainage for a backwash.
What’s Included in The Springwell FutureSoft Pack?
Springwell makes it easy for you to install your Futuresoft salt-free water softening system with a comprehensive pack up that rivals the competition.
- Pre-filter housing: removes large dust, hair, pollen and various fibers before it reaches the main TAC filter.
- 5-micron sediment filter: a filter designed to remove particles in municipal and well water smaller than 5 microns, or too small to see without a microscope.
- O-rings and mounting brackets: to ensure your Springwell Futuresoft salt-free water softener system is secured safely in the space you choose for installation.
- Spanner wrench: to easily remove, replace and tighten the recommended Springwell filter.
- Hose Bib Assembly: an attachment that allows water to run from the water source, through the Springwell water softening system and into your home!
- Bypass Valve: one of the most important components, the bypass valve controls the pressure in your water softening system by diverting a portion of the water flow to keep the pressure balanced.
- 1″ MNPT Fittings: helps assemble new hoses or replace old fittings if you realize you have a reduction in pipe size while installing the system.
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty guaranteed from any manufacturing defects and the system’s life, six years or 1 million gallons, whichever comes first.
If you’re a do-it-yourself (DIY) kind of person, Springwell makes installing your Futuresoft salt-free whole house water softening system easy.
No matter the water source, if you have never approached the thought of installing a water conditioner, consider calling for a free estimate from a professional plumber in case you get stuck mid-installation, and get sticker-shocked by the unexpected professional price tag, and delay getting fresh, soft quality water flowing into your home.
Springwell Futuresoft Salt-Free Water Softener Configurations
Springwell’s salt-free water softener systems boast three impressive configurations. Depending on your water softening needs, Springwell has you covered. Springwell’s three unique salt-free water softeners can handle 20-81 psi and work at a vast range of temperatures.
As an up-flow water softener, it can clean the resin bed much more evenly and efficiently than a downflow water conditioning system. Additionally, your Springwell Futuresoft works hard to keep your pH perfectly balanced between 7.0-9.5.
- FS1: If your home has 1-3 bathrooms, the highly rated SpringWell FutureSoft Salt-Free Water Softener is perfect for a single-use apartment or small family. Guaranteed to provide 99.6% scale prevention, and absolutely no chemical additives or salt. The FS1 softens up to 12 GPM, measures 6” W x 35” H (39” with Bypass Valve).
- FS4: For larger families, and homes with 4-6 bathrooms the FS4 can handle multiple showers and appliances simultaneously. The FS 4 softens 15 GPM, measures 9” W x 48” H (52” with Bypass Valve).
- FS+: If you’re hosting 7+ bathrooms you’re definitely using a high water flow and differentials in water pressure. The FS+ is the gold standard of salt-free water softeners. The FS+ softness a whopping 20 GPM and measures 13” W x 54” H (58” with Bypass Valve).
It’s easy to see that no matter how small or large your home is, there is a dependable Springwell Futuresoft salt-free water softener! Did you know that water hardness can be measured at one “grain” per gallon (gpg)?
Springwell can condition your home water’s gpg at a maximum of 81, which means you’ll never see a film on your dishes and shower doors, and your skin will feel soft-water smooth!
Installation and Maintenance
If you are handy around the house, Springwell offers a complete installation pack up to make installing the Futuresoft salt-free water softener easy and time-saving.
The unique bypass valve and 1″ elbow fittings just need to be attached to piping and fittings to and you’re off and running. You can even watch an installation video on the SpringWell website!
You’ll experience fresh water free of harsh hard water minerals within minutes of installing your Springwell Futuresoft whole house salt-free water softening system.
Media Filter Longevity & Replacement
Springwell is dedicated to making your whole house water softening experience easy, efficient, time and money saving. To that end you are guaranteed to enjoy 1,000,000 gallons or 10 years of use!
When it’s time to replace the Springwell signature filter (media) all you have to do is select the media for the size of your current system. Every order of Springwell media comes with easy to read instructions to swap out the media without any mess or stress.
- Built in USA with certified premium components
- No slimy residue or offensive aroma
- Preserves your home’s plumbing
- Does not lower water pressure flow rate
- Doesn’t require salt or electricity
- Helpful installation kit and instructions
- First-class customer support
- Shipped in somewhat inferior packaging
- Well systems may require up to 7 days of recharge
- Extra plumbing and parts may be required
- Fewer suds and bubbles as expected
- Additional drain lines recommend by Springwell users
SpringWell FutureSoft Salt-Free Water Softener FAQs
Can the SpringWell Futuresoft be used with well water?
If your home relies on a well, there are a few factors to consider before purchasing your Springwell Futuresoft salt-free water softener.
Have your well water tested – For starters, well water can contain high levels of chlorine, magnesium and sodium. In combination, these minerals can create scaly build up, itchy skin and unhealthy looking hair, all the results of hard water.
If sewage or landfill deposits leech into your well, you can be exposed to bacteria, cuch a E. coli, microscopic parasites and that telltale rotten egg smell if you have high levels of sulfur.
Industrial runoff can lead to high levels of rust, iron and arsenic and lead. It is imperative to test the levels of these metals before installation, and to consider including a whole house well water filtration system to accompany your soft water conditioner.
Does the SpringWell Futuresoft filter fluoride?
Odds are no. Fluoride holds a negative charge. Salt-free water softeners don’t remove fluoride from water as it occurs naturally and won’t solidify as it passes through the resin media. It’s always best to test first, and pair your softener with a water filtration system!
Are salt-free water softeners better?
Since a salt-free water “softener” is technically a water conditioner, you won’t get the same results if you’re using a salt-based water softener which truly works to provide the softest water. A salt-free water conditioner works the same way, and the best part is you don’t have to ever clean your system or lug heavy bags of salt from the hardware and big box stores.
Where are SpringWell Water Softeners Made?
From Springwell’s impressive proprietary technology, to the design, build and careful shipping and packaging, every Springwell Salt-Free water softener system is proudly constructed in the U.S.A.