A high quality commercial refrigerator is an essential item for any restaurant or bar. Whether you’re just looking for something to keep sandwiches and sodas fresh or your refrigeration needs are more extensive, there’s a model that meets your needs. The top commercial refrigerator brands generally have established reputations in cooling and refrigeration. But narrowing it down to the top option from each commercial refrigerator brand can be a challenge. So, we’re going to give you a hand!
What is the best commercial refrigerator brand in 2020? Well, our personal favorite is the KoolMore Stainless Steel Three Door Commercial Reach-In Refrigerator. First, it’s got a generous interior. And capacity is probably one of the most critical aspects for savvy restaurant owners. It’s also manufactured from high quality stainless steel for easy clean-up and a 5-star aesthetic. We’re big fans of the adjustable shelving and overall versatility of the KoolMore 3-Door.
We’ve researched and discovered the 9 top-rated commercial refrigerator brands on the market.
Reviews of the 9 Best Commercial Refrigerator Brands
1. KoolMore Stainless Steel Glass Three Door Commercial Reach-In Refrigerator Review: Best KoolMore Commercial Refrigerator
KoolMore Stainless Steel Glass Three Door Commercial Reach-In Refrigerator is our choice of the top commercial refrigerator brand overall. This particular model offers a striking, stainless steel glass door reach-in refrigerator with a triple door. It looks stylish and sleek in your bar or restaurant and it’s also highly functional. The stainless steel is a breeze to clean which is a huge bonus in any busy restaurant environment.
The glass doors are a nice feature and make this commercial refrigerator aesthetically pleasing. Nine deep, adjustable shelves help you organize the roomy interior of this massive fridge. You can easily control the temperature with the convenient digital display on the front of the appliance. The display helps you keep your product at a consistent 33-41 degrees Fahrenheit.
This unit also comes with auto defrost, self-closing doors, and LED lighting. It’s easy to keep everything well organized, well-lit, and fresh with the KoolMore Three Door Commercial Reach-In. There are 4 pre-installed casters in case you need to transport or reposition this fridge. All in all, it’s a really stylish, smart fridge that’s intuitive and built to last. KoolMore definitely stands out as one of the leading brands in cooling and refrigeration.
To watch the KoolMore Stainless Steel Glass Three Door Commercial Reach In Refrigerator Review on YouTube, click here.
- Very Spacious
- Durable, Attractive Stainless Steel
- Exterior Digital Temperature Controls
- Glass Doors
- Adjustable, Deep Shelving
- On the higher end price-wise
2. Arctic Air AGR49 2 Door Glass Reach-In Refrigerators Stainless Steel Review: Best Arctic Air Commercial Refrigerator
The Arctic Air AGR49 is another sleek, stainless steel commercial refrigerator that’s designed to help keep your restaurant running efficiently. Easily keep track of your inventory with full front glass doors. Keep your fridge spotless and shiny thanks to high quality stainless steel construction. The compressor is mounted on the bottom and the unit comes with 2 lockable casters.
You can keep an eye on everything with bright interior LED lighting. And it’s easy to achieve maximum space-saving with the adjustable wire shelves. With a capacity of 49 cubic feet, there’s plenty of room to store a wide variety of restaurant or bar inventory. The self-locking lockable door is a nice feature to ensure everything stays fresh and secure. All in all, this is an affordable, attractive, reach-in cooler that doesn’t compromise on quality.
To watch the Arctic Air AGR49 2 Door Glass Reach-In Refrigerators Stainless Steel Review on YouTube, click here.
- Stainless Steel Front & Sides
- 6 Adjustable Epoxy-Coated Shelves
- Self Closing Lockable Door
- Bottom Mounted Compressor
- It’s not Energy Star Certified
3. Dukers D55R 2-Door Commercial Refrigerator Review: Best Dukers Commercial Refrigerator
Dukers delivers a sturdy piece of commercial kitchen equipment with the D55R 2-Door. You’ll get 40.7 cubic feet capacity, which is decent for a smaller kitchen or as a supplemental refrigeration system. We prefer recessed handles on a commercial fridge, so chalk that up as a win as well.
The Dukers D55R is made of stainless steel – exterior and interior. It’s an attractive, sleek-looking appliance that includes the modern features you want in an upright commercial fridge. Keep track of the temperature with the easy-to-access digital controls and take advantage of the auto-defrost.
We like to see adjustable shelves on a commercial fridge for versatility and organization. Dukers comes with 8. The bottom-mounted 1-HP compressor makes for superior cooling and the self-closing doors come in handy in a hectic kitchen. Overall, Dukers is a simple, durable, commercial fridge that will elevate the kitchen of any restaurant or bar.
As a brand, Dukers specializes in commercial cooling and maintains a steadfast commitment to the environment. They use hydrocarbon refrigerant and avoid ozone-depleting features.
To watch the Dukers D55R 2Door Commercial Refrigerator Review on YouTube, click here.
- High quality brushed stainless steel in and out
- 1 HP Compressor
- Digital Controls
- Self-Closing Doors
- On the smaller side compared to others
4. EdgeStar VBR640 14 Cu Ft Built-In Commercial Beverage Merchandiser Review: Best EdgeStar Commercial Refrigerator
Specifically created as a beverage cooler, the EdgeStar VBR640 is a great addition for restaurants and bars alike. It features 14 cubic foot capacity, a temperature alarm, and stainless steel trim. Your customers will be able to take a glance and see exactly what beverages you offer thanks to the glass door.
EdgeStar VBR640 has a handy digital display control to make sure your beverages are kept optimally chilled. The temperature alarm will alert you to any inconsistencies. Forced air cooling means the even distribution of cold air and superb refrigeration. If you’re looking specifically for a beverage cooler, the EdgeStar VBR640 is an excellent choice. It’s also our choice for best commercial refrigerator on a budget.
As a brand, Edgestar offers a wide selection of refrigerators and appliances for residential and commercial spaces. They’ve been around for over 20 years and they’re owned and operated in America.
To watch the EdgeStar VBR640 14 Cu Ft BuiltIn Commercial Beverage Merchandiser Review on YouTube, click here.
- Stainless Steel Trim
- Temperature Alarm
- Digital Display Control Panel
- Suitable for beverages only
- It could benefit from some side-lighting
5. Vortex Refrigeration Refrigerator 2 Solid Door Commercial Stainless Steel Review: Best Vortex Commercial Refrigerator
The Vortex is a solid door reach-in commercial refrigerator with stainless steel interior and exterior. It has a capacity of 49 cubic feet and interior lighting. The digital temperature control and display help you keep your items at a cool 33-41 degrees Fahrenheit.
The self-closing hinged doors have a special 90 degree “stay open” feature and the 6 adjustable shelves are PVC-coated steel. This is a sleek looking, good-sized commercial refrigerator that fits the bill if you’re not crazy about glass doors. Vortex Refrigeration 2 Solid Door Commercial Stainless Steel Refrigerator comes with a 5 year compressor warranty and a 1 year parts and labor warranty. Vortex is a well-known refrigeration manufacturer with a solid reputation. Their 2 Solid Door Commercial Fridge is a nice investment for any restaurant or bar.
The Vortex brand specializes in commercial refrigeration. In operation for over 30 years, Vortex prides themselves on their dedication to environmental safety and superior appliance construction.
To watch the Vortex Refrigeration Refrigerator 2 Solid Door Commercial Stainless Steel Review on YouTube, click here.
- Stainless Steel
- 49 cubic Feet
- Bottom Mount Compressor
- Self-Closing Hinged Doors
- Digital Temperature Control & Display
- A little pricey for a 2-door appliance
6. WP Restaurant Fridges 78″ Triple 3 Door Side By Side Stainless Steel Reach in Commercial Refrigerator Review: Best WP Restaurant Fridges Commercial Refrigerator
The WP Restaurant Fridge 3 Door is a beast of a commercial refrigerator and we mean that in a good way! It has a whopping 72 cubic feet capacity, making it an excellent choice for any bar or restaurant with a lot of refrigerated inventory.
There are 3 doors on this reach-in stainless steel fridge and 9 interior shelves. The interior is spacious and can accommodate pretty much anything that needs refrigerating. On the exterior, you’ll find a digital temperature displaying between 33-41 degrees Fahrenheit.
WP gives you a 1 year parts and service warranty and a 5-year warranty on the top-mounted compressor. It’s a huge fridge with an electro-mechanical thermostat, door locks, and ergonomic design. Consider this a great choice if you need a heavy-duty, high-capacity fridge in your commercial space.
To watch the WP Restaurant Fridges 78″ Triple 3 Door Stainless Steel Reach in Commercial Refrigerator Review on YouTube, click here.
- 3 Side By Side Doors
- Stainless Steel
- Top Mounted Compressor
- Capacity of 72 cubic feet
- The doors can feel heavy
7. Maxx Cold MXSR-49GD Two 2 Glass Door Reach-In Upright Commercial NSF Refrigerator Cooler Review: Best Maxx Cold Commercial Refrigerator
The Maxx Cold MXSR-49GD is a sturdy, sleek, upright commercial fridge which displays nicely. You can see the adjustable digital temperature controller from 15 feet away, which is a nice touch. Both self-closing doors are insulated and allow you to see your fridge’s contents at a glance.
We appreciate the bright LED interior lighting for accessibility and organization. The interior is easy to keep sparkling and clean, which is important when your customers can see a fridge’s contents. And because it’s Energy Star Certified, you know your Maxx Cold uses less energy than a 60-watt light bulb! Pretty impressive. As an added bonus, the open-door alert will beep to notify you if you’ve accidentally left one of the doors ajar.
Maxx Cold produces refrigeration and ice equipment. They’ve been around since 2008 and they’re known for manufacturing durable, high-quality appliances.
To watch the Maxx Cold MXSR 49GD Two 2 Glass Door Reach In Upright Commercial NSF Refrigerator Cooler Review on YouTube, click here.
- Stainless Steel Interior & Exterior
- LED Lighting
- LCD Temperature Display
- Energy Star Listed
- Shelves are not adjustable.
8. Peak Cold 2 Door Commercial Reach In Stainless Steel Refrigerator Review: Best Peak Cold Commercial Refrigerator
Peak Cold finds its way onto our list with a pretty standard commercial reach in refrigerator that earns bonus points for its adjustable shelves, helpful error codes, and “no stoop” lower shelf. Its stainless steel exterior looks classic and sharp in any commercial space. The electronic control system allows you to easily adjust temperature and manage defrost frequency.
One nice addition is the self-evaporating water tray that doesn’t require emptying. Anything that saves time and mess in a busy kitchen is a welcome feature! Peak Cold 2 Door Commercial Reach In Stainless Steel Refrigerator has bright interior LED lighting so you can keep track of all your contents. The capacity is 47 cubic feet and the interior includes 6 wire shelves. Lastly, we’re always excited about a reasonable price and a one year parts and labor warranty.
To watch the Peak Cold 2 Door Commercial Reach In Stainless Steel Refrigerator Review on YouTube, click here.
- 47 Cubic Feet Interior Space
- Stainless Steel
- Defrost Timer
- Digital Controller
- Not Energy Star Certified
9. KITMA Bottom Mount Reach In Refrigerator Commercial Refrigerator Review: Best Kitma Commercial Refrigerator
Courtesy of KITMA comes the 3-Door Bottom Mount Reach-In Refrigerator for your restaurant or bar. It’s heavy-duty, with 67.9 cubic feet for your inventory. This KITMA fridge includes a superior intelligent LCD Control Panel so you have clear, confident control over your temps.
KITMA Bottom Mount Reach In Refrigerator is specifically designed to fit into a restaurant kitchen environment. It’s spacious, durable, and solid. All three doors have a self-closing mechanism and door locks. More convenient features include auto-defrost, pre-installed epoxy-coated shelves, and a very well-lit interior.
As with all KIMTA appliances, you can take advantage of “on site service” within 48 hours should you encounter any issues. KITMA goes above and beyond to stand by their product and this bottom-mount reach-in fridge is a fine example of their dedication to quality equipment. The KITMA brand is synonymous with reliability, heavy-duty appliances, and outstanding customer care.
To watch the KITMA Bottom Mount Reach In Refrigerator Commercial Refrigerator Review on YouTube, click here.
- Stainless Steel
- 67.9 Cubic Feet Interior
- Stay-Open Door & Door Lock
- DIXELL Digital Temperature Control
2020 Buyers Guide to the Best Commercial Refrigerator Brand:
After taking a look at top commercial refrigerator brands, you might have some additional questions. How do you know which commercial refrigerator brand offers the right fridge for your restaurant or home? Below, we’ll take a look at some of the things to consider as you make your final selection.
Main Points to Consider:
- Size: An effective use of space is non-negotiable in a hectic kitchen. You want to get the most out of your fridge without introducing an appliance that gets in the way or crowds you out. Give some consideration to exactly how much capacity is right for your kitchen. Our list covers everything from monster fridges to beverage-only coolers. The good news is, there’s a lot of variety when it comes to refrigeration for restaurants so there’s something for everybody.
- Energy Efficiency: Energy efficiency can be an important consideration when buying a commercial refrigerator. As we mentioned, a fridge that earns the ENERGY STAR certification is determined to use less energy than a 60-watt light bulb. Because a refrigerator is an appliance that never stops running, it’s nice to have an awareness of energy efficiency. Even if it doesn’t have the coveted Energy Star Cert., you can still find a fridge that doesn’t cause your energy bill to explode. Generally, newer model refrigerators are designed to be energy efficient. Opt for a brand new appliance as opposed to an older model if you can. Some units even have a “energy saver” setting, so you obviously want to take advantage of that.
- Brand: Manufacturer matters. One reason is their commitment to energy efficiency. Brands committed to Energy Star status will generally adhere to that across the board. It’s easy to research well-known, established brands. That data can help you make an informed decision. Be wary of brands you’ve never heard of or that have a lack of established history. Your restaurant refrigeration is not an area where you want to experiment with untested appliances. As you can tell from our list, some of our favorite brands are KoolMore, Arctic Air, and Vortex. The top-rated commercial refrigerator brands are rich in food industry experience and demand consistent quality from their appliances.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
What’s the difference between commercial grade refrigerators and residential?
A residential refrigerator is designed for use in your home kitchen. A commercial grade refrigerator has bigger things in mind. While there’s a wide variety of commercial grade coolers, they all have one thing in common: They are designed with restaurants and bars in mind. Whether you’re looking to chill beverages or cool a mixture of beverage and food, these commercial refrigerators have got you covered. Among commercial fridges, you’ll find plenty of variations, including the 2-door reach-in fridge and 3-door reach-in fridge as well as the undercounter refrigerator. Depending on the space you have and the extent of your refrigeration needs, there are tons of options. If you’ve got a commercial space, you need a commercial grade refrigeration system.
Commercial reach-in vs undercounter vs merchandiser refrigerator?
All of the appliances on our list are upright reach-in commercial refrigerators. Those are usually the most popular and effective fridges to have in a commercial space. However, there are some other options. An undercounter fridge is just what it sounds like. It’s a smaller capacity fridge that fits conveniently under the counter. These can work well in small cafes or shops that don’t have extensive refrigeration needs. A merchandiser refrigerator is one that is specifically designed to hold packaged items. Think soda, beer, packaged sandwiches. They’re called merchandisers because they have glass doors. They effectively display merchandise so the customer can see (or even grab) the product. You’ll see merchandising refrigerators at a bodega, gas station, or sandwich shop.
Best Commercial Refrigerator Brands (2020 Buyers Guide)
Final Thoughts On Buying One of the Top-Rated Commercial Refrigerator Brands
A wide variety of high-quality, durable appliances is always a good thing. To keep from getting overwhelmed by choices, narrow your options by finding a reputable brand and ideal size. Then, check energy saving details, capacity, ease-of-use, and aesthetics. The highest quality commercial refrigerator brands offer appliances that keep your inventory fresh and organized. And it’s a bonus if they look good while doing it!