When it comes to buying an undercounter refrigerator that will keep your foods and beverages cold and ready to serve and enjoy, freestanding refrigerators are great, yet people are increasingly opting for built-in options due to the convenience offered, as well as the reduced space requirements of a fridge. We’ve researched and discovered the eight top-rated undercounter refrigerators, as well as one to avoid.
Reviews – Undercounter Refrigerator, Plus 1 to Avoid
1. Kalamera 24-Inch Beverage Refrigerator 175 Can Built-In Or Freestanding Single Zone Touch Control Review
First up is the Kalamera 24” Beverage Refrigerator 175 Can Built-In or Freestanding Single Zone. This is the top-rated undercounter refrigerator that we found after looking at quite a large number of the options that you currently find on the market.
In addition to being a great option for a built-in refrigerator, the product can also be used as a freestanding refrigerator, providing flexible and convenient usage options. The refrigerator was designed to replace a cabinet when used as a built-in option.
The Kalamera 24” Beverage Refrigerator features a compact design, yet provides an adequate internal storage capacity to fit up to 175 cans of beverages, whether you enjoy drinking beer, Dr. Pepper, or perhaps energy drinks.
The six wire racks can easily be removed to modify the internal space, allowing for the storage of larger products, such as food containers and bottles of wine. The advanced compressor also provides quiet operation, compared to many alternative options that make a lot of noise. A built-in thermostat control panel can be used to set the temperature of the machine between 38 and 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
To watch the Kalamera 24-Inch Beverage Refrigerator 175 Can Built-In Or Freestanding Single Zone Touch Control Review on YouTube, click here.
2. Avallon 5.5 Cu Ft Built-In 24-Inch Refrigerator Review
If you are looking for the best freestanding undercounter refrigerator with multiple installation options, including the use of the product without necessarily having to replace a cabinet with it, then the Avallon 5.5 Cu Ft Built-In 24-Inch Refrigerator is an ideal option you should definitely look at. This product comes with many convenient features, such as the ability to have precise control over the internal temperature of the refrigerator. By using the easy-to-use temperature control unit, you can adjust the temperature from 34 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
The Avallon 5.5 Cu Ft Built-In 24-Inch Refrigerator features a handle that is made from stainless steel and silver design, which fits in perfectly with modern kitchen décor. The LED lighting that are built into the refrigerator alternatives between two colors, including white and blue.
They make it easy to use the refrigerator at night without necessarily having to switch the lights on. There are three shelves on the inside of the product, which can be removed and adjusted based on your needs and the particular items you are storing in the refrigerator.
To watch the Avallon 5.5 Cu Ft Built-In 24-Inch Refrigerator Review on YouTube, click here.
3. EdgeStar 5.49 Cu Ft 142 Can Built-In Beverage Cooler Review
The best built-in undercounter refrigerator for people who are looking for a product that is not too expensive, but still features a high-quality design, is the EdgeStar 5.49 Cu Ft 142 Can Built-In Beverage Cooler. This particular product can be used as a built-in refrigerator, but some people also prefer to use it as a freestanding option, which also looks great.
The compact design of the fridge makes it possible to fit it into smaller cabinet structures, as well as on top of the counter in your kitchen or in your entertainment zone.
This EdgeStar Beverage centers can hold as many as 142 cans of beverages. The fact that the shelves that are found on the inside can be moved around and removed as you please means the structure of the storage unit can also be adjusted to provide adequate space for larger items that you may want to keep cold.
The refrigerator also features a reversible door, which is made from a high-quality stainless steel material. Other features include a carbon filter already built into the fridge, as well as a pre-fitted lock and an auto defrost feature.
To watch the EdgeStar 5.49 Cu Ft 142 Can Built-In Beverage Cooler Review on YouTube, click here.
4. hOmeLabs Undercounter Beverage Refrigerator and Cooler Review
Many built-in refrigerators on the market claim to provide a noiseless operation, but they seldom truly deliver on these promises. If you are looking for the quietest undercounter refrigerator, then we highly recommend you consider the hOmeLabs Undercounter Beverage Refrigerator and Cooler. In addition to its exceptionally quiet operation, this particular fridge is also one of the most affordable options in its class that you are going to find available on the market today, priced at just over $200 at the majority of retailers that stock the product.
The hOmeLabs Undercounter Beverage Refrigerator and Coolers features a very modern design with slick back exterior features, as well as a see-through glass door. On the inside, the manufacturer has fitted a series of blue LED lighting that do not only make it easier to see inside to decide what beverage you want to enjoy but also further adds to the great design and décor offered by this particular refrigerator. With this fridge, you can keep up to 120 cans of the most delicious beverages that you enjoy at a temperature that is always ready to be served.
To watch the hOmeLabs Undercounter Beverage Refrigerator and Cooler Review on YouTube, click here.
5. Phiestina Built-In Dual Zone Wine and Beverage Cooler with Stainless Steel French Door Review
The Phiestina Built-In Dual Zone Wine and Beverage Cooler with Stainless Steel French Door are perfect if you are looking for something else as compared to the more traditional designs and features offered.
This fridge is unique and looks really great. It can be installed underneath your counter in the place of a cupboard, or you can use it on top of your counter instead, as it can serve as a freestanding refrigerator in addition to being a built-in option.
This refrigerator has two separate compartments, each with its own thermostat and temperature regulatory features. The one side was specially prepared to keep cans cold, while the other side was designed in such a way to be ideal for wine storage.
There is a total of 13 shelves in the refrigerator that can all be removed to customize the space, in case you want to store larger containers. The product is great for personal use at home and provides an adequate feature for use in an office space as well.
To watch the Phiestina Built-In Dual Zone Wine and Beverage Cooler with Stainless Steel French Door Review on YouTube, click here.
The Vortex Refrigeration Commercial 3 Door Undercounter Refrigerator is a heavy-duty and high-quality product that was designed for commercial settings. The refrigerator comes with three separate compartments that can be used for wine storage, beverages, food, and many other items that need to be kept at a cool temperature to make serving them more convenient and to prevent the items from spoiling. The refrigerator is made from stainless steel to help protect against rust, while also providing for a more stylish design.
The refrigerator features an adjustable control panel that gives you the ability to set the specific internal temperature. The three compartments together offer a total of 24.0 cubic feet storage space, which can pack hundreds of cans, as well as many larger items as compared to other refrigerators on the market. This particular option does require a larger space when used as a built-in refrigerator, but also comes with attachable wheels; thus giving you the ability to use the product as a freestanding refrigerator.
To watch the Vortex Refrigeration Commercial 3 Door Undercounter Refrigerator Review on YouTube, click here.
7. EdgeStar 24-Inch Built-In Wine and Beverage Cooler with French Doors Review
After we did a lot of research and testing, we found that the best 24-inch undercounter refrigerator that is currently available is definitely the EdgeStar CWB1760FD 24-Inch Built-In Wine and Beverage Cooler with French Doors. This particular option also comes with the French door option, which means there are two compartments, one for cans and the other one for bottles. The built-in shelves that come with the refrigerator are stylish and have wooden features in the front. They can be easily removed to make space for larger containers.
The Edgestar CWB1760FD 24-Inch Built-In Wine and Beverage Cooler with French Doors feature doors that are made with tempered glass. There is a digital touch panel that is used to display the temperature of each compartment, as well as to customize the temperature to suit your personal preferences. Special air-cooled technology is used in this refrigerator, along with a safety lock and legs that can be attached when the product is used as a freestanding refrigerator instead of built into a cabinet.
To watch the EdgeStar 24-Inch Built-In Wine and Beverage Cooler with French Doors Review on YouTube, click here.
8. Avallon 152 Can 24-Inch Built-In Beverage Cooler Review
Another great option for those who want a flexible option that can be built into a cabinet or used as a freestanding product is the Avallon 152 Can 24-Inch Built-In Beverage Cooler. This is a right hinge refrigerator that is made from high-quality materials. Both the door and the handle attached to the door are both made from stainless steel. This means the product will not start to rust quickly and the steel itself will continue to look great for an extended period of time. The refrigerator also comes with a built-in carbon filter.
The Avallon Built-In Beverage Cooler features a 24-Inch internal storage unit that can fit approximately 152 soda and beer cans. There are three shelves in the fridge that are made from sanded glass, which provides an attractive appearance. The inside of the refrigerator also features two lights on each side, providing a way to see inside the glass door without having to open it constantly to decide which soda or beer you would like to drink.
To watch the Avallon 152 Can 24-Inch Built-In Beverage Cooler Review on YouTube, click here.
Avoid – Arctic Air Undercounter Refrigerator Review
We have shared some of the top choices that you can make when you decide to buy a refrigerator thus far. Now, we want to take a quick look that the worst undercounter refrigerator on the market. After we carefully considered every option that we looked at, we found that the Arctic Air AUC48R 48” Undercounter Refrigerator is definitely one that you should avoid buying. The main negative fact of this particular option is the fact that it is far too expensive considering the features that the refrigerator offers.
The Arctic Air AUC48R 48″ Undercounter Refrigerator is made from stainless steel and provides a 12 cubic feet internal storage compartment. The stainless steel used is not the top choice considering the price of the product. Additionally, the storage space is quite small – many cheaper options on the market offer much larger compartments for the storage of cans, bottles, containers, and other items. It also seems like this refrigerator can only operate under one temperature option, which is 41 degrees Fahrenheit. We could not find any details on the possibility of adjusting the temperature using a thermostat.
To watch the Arctic Air Undercounter Refrigerator Review on YouTube, click here.
Buyers Guide to the Top-Rated Undercounter Refrigerator
Once you start searching for a refrigerator to install in your kitchen, or man cave, you will notice that these products vary from brand to brand. Each product has unique features, such as materials used in its construction, internal storage capacity, and, of course, its style and design features. This can make it hard to decide on one specific option to buy.
Some of the refrigerators on the market are also much better in terms of quality than others. If you are looking for the top option for your kitchen, then take a look at the points below to make the process of choosing one easier and faster.
4 Main Points to Consider
- Storage Space: An important factor to consider when buying a refrigerator is the storage space offered by the particular fridge you might be interested in. These products come in quite a large variety of sizes. Some of the refrigerators on the market will allow for wine storage as well as only a couple of cans, while others would give you the ability to store more than a hundred cans at the same time. In fact, there are a couple of undercounter refrigerators on the market that has enough storage space to store 175 cans or even more in some cases. In addition to looking at how many cans can be stored, also consider whether additional items, such as bottles of wine, can be stored in the fridge. This provides added convenience and ultimately gives you better value for the money you will be spending on the product. Some of the undercounter refrigerators that are available at the moment will give you the ability to move the shelves around, giving you more control over the types of items that can be stored internally as well.
- Refrigerator Size: While it is important to consider how much space the undercounter refrigerator has on the inside, you should also be aware of the product’s general size. These products come in different sizes – we are referring to the actual size of the refrigerator here, not how many cans of soda you can store on the inside of the product. There is no specific size that is considered perfect, so this point really relates to what you need and what you have available. Make sure that you have adequate space available in the area where you will be installing the undercounter refrigerator – if you are going to install the fridge into a counter, then make sure it is not larger than the cupboard you are planning to install the fridge into. The majority of these refrigerators will provide you with specific data in regards to the size – including width, height, and depth. This will help you measure your counter and see if it will fit appropriately.
- Quality of Materials: Apart from considering the size of the product you want to buy, also take into account the quality of the materials used in the construction of the particular refrigerator that you might be interested in. The cheapest options on the market are usually made from low-quality steel and metals, which means they can rust easily – even when not used in moist and wet environments. It is a better idea to make an investment and spend a little more on an undercounter refrigerator that is made from higher quality materials. When high-quality stainless steel is used for the refrigerator, you are interested in buying, and it means the product will not start to rust quickly as the rust resistance improves as the grade of stainless steel increases. In addition to considering the materials used for the outside part of the refrigerator, also consider the materials used for the door and the shelves on the inside. While many of these products come with a glass door, which is certainly convenient, when the glass is not shatterproof, it can shatter quickly when the door suffers a hit.
- Price: The price of the undercounter refrigerator you want to buy is also something that you should take into mind when you set out to buy one of these products. The prices can vary quite a lot. If you are on a budget, you will be able to get your hands on a refrigerator for just over $200. On the other hand, if you have more money to spend, there are many options that are priced at over $500. For those looking for a more professional option, there are a couple of fridges on the market that costs more than $1,000. The thing about the price is that you do not need to spend a thousand dollars if you want a high-quality fridge. The more expensive options are usually more appropriate for professional use – such as in a restaurant or a bar. The mid-range options, such as those around $500, are good for home use, but there is still no need to pay so much for a built-in undercounter refrigerator. These options are often recommended for office use instead. When it comes to home use, many of the products between $200 and $500 are good. You should, however, take the quality and size of the refrigerator into account.
What are the differences between built-in vs. freestanding fridges?
When it comes to buying fridges or refrigerators, there are quite a large variety of options available. Before you decide to dig into the options and do some research, you have an important choice to make – would you like to opt for a built-in refrigerator, or rather prefer to buy a freestanding fridge. While these may look very similar, it is important to consider their differences before making that final choice.
A freestanding fridge can be either compact and portable, or a large fridge that is placed in a specific location in your kitchen. The idea of these products is that they are not built into any counter or other structure that already exists in the area where you would like to utilize the fridge.
A built-in option, on the other hand, is built into a structure within your entertainment area, your home bar, or your kitchen. These are often considered convenient as there is no need to worry about allocating a specific space in your kitchen or next to your kitchen sink on the countertop as a place for the fridge.
Final Thoughts On The Top-Rated Undercounter Refrigerators
Undercounter refrigerators have become a popular option for people who want to keep wine and beverages cold. These products are built into existing structures in the kitchen and can be integrated with your décor since there are many different designs and styles available.
After we did a lot of intensive research, we identified the top-rated undercounter refrigerator, along with a few perfect options for those who are buying one a fridge on a smaller budget. In addition to sharing the top products that you can opt for, we also included the worst one that you will find at the moment to help you avoid the disappointment of buying a low-quality product that might end up being a waste of your money.