If you have a strong interest in serving your customers or other people with fresh and top-quality food products and beverages, it is imperative that you have a commercial refrigerator in your location. This appliance helps to keep everything perfectly chilled and ensures they don’t spoil.
In this comprehensive review, you will learn about commercial refrigerators from the top brands available on the market. You can also peruse the buyers’ guide to help you decide which model best suits your needs.
What is the best commercial refrigerator to buy in 2020? We highly recommend the KoolMore Stainless Steel Glass Three Door Commercial Reach-In Refrigerator because of its aesthetically appealing look, durable steel construction, and a spacious interior that you can comfortably use to stack and display all your beverage and food items such as beans, cold drinks, juice cartons, and so forth.
We’ve researched and discovered the nine top-rated commercial refrigerators, as well as one to avoid.
Reviews of the 9 Best Commercial Refrigerators, Plus 1 to Avoid
1. KoolMore Stainless Steel Glass Three Door Commercial Reach-In Refrigerator Review
There is no denying that the KoolMore stainless steel glass three door commercial reach-in refrigerator is the best commercial refrigerator of 2020.
This reach-in refrigerator that boasts an aesthetically appealing glass door will keep your edibles such as milk, yogurt, eggs, etc. organized and cool in the kitchen of your restaurant. Furthermore, the KoolMore commercial refrigerator is built to last for a very long time. It has a top-quality stainless steel construction that is great to look at as well. Furthermore, you can easily keep track of your food items and beverages courtesy to the LED lighting and glass doors. The KoolMore stainless steel commercial refrigerator also has a very airy interior that is space-saving at the same time. It possesses three deep shelves (adjustable) for a maximum amount of storage, and the shelves are designed in a way that they do not crowd the inner space of your refrigerator.
Other special and unique features include a self-closing door, four portable casters that are easy to move around, and a digital display that you can use to control the temperature.
To watch the KoolMore Stainless Steel Glass Three Door Commercial Reach-In Refrigerator Review on YouTube, click here.
- Easy to clean
- Aesthetically appealing
- Spacious interior
- Considerably expensive, so it is not your best choice if you are on a tight budget!
2. EdgeStar VBR640 14 Cu Ft Built-In Commercial Beverage Merchandiser Review
You should go for the 14 cubic feet EdgeStar VBR640 built-in commercial beverage merchandiser if you are looking for the best commercial refrigerator on a budget. It has an impressive stainless steel trim, dual pane glass, and a security lock. Moreover, the EdgeStar VBR640 boasts an intelligent temperature alarm to better safeguard your beverage items, such as coke and juice from spoiling. The alarm will go off if the refrigerator door is left open or if its power supply is interrupted. In addition, the EdgeStar VBR640 commercial beverage refrigerator has great Interior LED lighting so you can keep all beverage items in view. In this way, customers can easily select what beverage they want.
Furthermore, you get even cooling with this merchandiser. Uneven cooling and hot spots will not be a concern for the EdgeStar VBR640, owing to its forced air cooling (compressor-based) that spreads cool air throughout the merchandiser very evenly.
Whether you own a small dining joint or a large restaurant, the EdgeStar VBR640 14 Cu Ft Built-In Commercial Beverage Merchandiser is ideal for displaying all your chilled beverages and pleasing your customer base.
To watch the EdgeStar VBR640 14 Cu Ft Built-In Commercial Beverage Merchandiser Review on YouTube, click here.
- Owing to its built-in capability, you can easily position the refrigerator against walls and in tight spaces, without concerning yourself about ventilation
- Digital temperature display (LED) and the control panel is easy to use.
- Temperature alarm is a great useful feature
- Not long-lasting
- Stops cooling your beverages properly after some time
3. Dukers DSM-15R 14.7 Cu Ft Commercial Display Cooler Merchandiser Refrigerator Review
Perfectly designed to display and show any kind of beverage or food item, the Dukers DSM-15R commercial display cooler merchandiser refrigerator (14.7 cubic feet capacity) chills your edibles while providing a sleek looking enclosure. The unit also has a glass door that tightly seals for steady beverage and food temperature.
Furthermore, you have the freedom to select your desired temperature with the help of the Dukers DSM-15R commercial refrigerator’s LED display and digital temperature controls.
With a temperature range of 33 degrees Fahrenheit to 41 degrees Fahrenheit, the refrigerator safely stores and chills all kinds of foods, such as custard, milk, energy drinks and so forth, and keeps them ice-cold. The appliance also has five wire shelves that are very easy to remove and adjust as per your needs. Moreover, the Dukers DSM-15R commercial display cooler merchandiser refrigerator’s interior lighting helps to illuminate food items and other products so that they are easily visible for anyone looking inside the refrigerator.
To watch the Dukers DSM-15R 14.7 Cu Ft Commercial Display Cooler Merchandiser Refrigerator Review on YouTube, click here.
- 1/4 Horse Power compressor boosts refrigerator’s efficiency
- You can easily remove wire shelves to suit food and beverage items of any size (small Pepsi can, 1.5-liter apple juice bottle, etc.)
- Anti-fogging refrigerator glass
- Some users have complained that the refrigerator sometimes gives off odd noises.
4. Arctic Air AGR49 2 Door Glass Reach-In Refrigerators Stainless Steel Review
The Arctic Air AGR49 2 Door Glass Reach-In Refrigerator is by far one of the leading appliances when it comes to 2 doors reach in fridges.
You can rest assured that you will be buying a reliable appliance as manufacturers operate and monitor the Arctic Air AGR49 refrigerator for at least 13 hours before they package and ship it. Furthermore, the exterior cabinet of the refrigerator is made of complete stainless steel (which is a very durable material!) all sides and front. The interior of this refrigerator has stainless steel floors as well as six heavy-duty and adjustable wire shelves that are epoxy coated. The advantage of the coating is that it offers a shiny and durable surface.
Other special features that make the Arctic Air AGR49 2 Door Glass Reach-In Refrigerator highly desirable in the commercial foodservice marketplace of today is the electronic thermostat equipped with digital display (external) and lockable and self-closing refrigerator doors.
To watch the Arctic Air AGR49 2 Door Glass Reach-In Refrigerators Stainless Steel Review on YouTube, click here.
- Casters are easy to mount
- Compressor (bottom mounted) enables more efficient operation
- You can remove and replace the magnetic door gaskets without need for any tools
- Very spacious
- Quite costly compared to other commercial refrigerators on the market
5. Maxx Cold MXSR-49GD Two 2 Glass Door Reach-In Upright Commercial NSF Refrigerator Cooler Review
Look no further than the Maxx Cold MXSR-49GD Two 2 Glass Door Reach-In Upright Commercial NSF Refrigerator Cooler if you seek a durable and spacious unit that can easily accommodate different food items. Its key features include a digital controller (adjustable) equipped with a temperature display screen that you can easily view from up to 15 feet away! (How convenient is that!) . You can also digitally control the temperature to acquire perfect storage conditions for all the beverages and foods inside. Furthermore, this Maxx cold refrigerator unit has two self-closing doors that are insulated, and bright LED interior lighting that illuminates all the products (drinks and food items) inside the refrigerator.
Moreover, every standard Maxx Cold MXSR-49GD Two 2 Glass Door Reach-In Upright Commercial NSF Refrigerator Cooler model comes equipped with door locks to keep your contents safe and six heavy-duty wire shelves.
To watch the Maxx Cold MXSR-49GD Two 2 Glass Door Reach-In Upright Commercial NSF Refrigerator Cooler Review on YouTube, click here.
- Stainless steel refrigerator exterior is durable and long-lasting
- The exterior is easy to clean
- Energy Star listed (energy efficient)
- Owing to its large size, not easy to fit in small spaces in restaurants or other commercial places
6. Procool Refrigeration 1000 Liter Display Beverage Cooler Merchandiser Refrigerator Review
The Procool Refrigeration 1000 Liter Display Beverage Cooler Merchandiser Refrigerator is currently serving various restaurant owners and retailers all around the globe and for a good reason!
This 1000-liter refrigerator features a very dynamic and innovative cooling system with the R290 refrigerant that is energy efficient. Furthermore, the refrigerant improves the reliability of the compressor as well. Additionally, the Procool Refrigeration 1000 Liter display beverage cooler merchandiser refrigerator boasts a digital controller equipped with a defrost timer that is programmable. The temperature range is programmable as well and varies between 33 and 50 degrees Fahrenheit. What’s more, there are 2 LED lights in the aluminum interior of the refrigerator that enable proper illumination of the beverages (like water, cold drinks, milk, etc.) and food items stacked inside. This helps if you want to quickly take a glance and check the contents of the refrigerator.
To watch the Procool Refrigeration 1000 Liter Display Beverage Cooler Merchandiser Refrigerator Review on YouTube, click here.
- Easy to adjust shelves increases efficiency in storage
- The water tray is self-evaporating, and no drain is required
- Cutting edge cooling system
- Slightly bulky and not easy to accommodate in small spaces (not exactly the best small commercial refrigerator!)
7. Commercial 2 door Undercounter Refrigerators KITMA 13.5 Cu. Ft Stainless Steel Side by Side Worktop Fridge for Kitchen Review
The Commercial two-door Undercounter Refrigerators KITMA 13.5 Cu. Ft Stainless Steel Side by Side Worktop Fridge for Kitchen is most likely your best bet if you are on the lookout for the best commercial under-counter refrigerator.
The manufacturers have designed the exterior and interior of this under-counter refrigerator with reinforced steel that makes sure the unit is extremely durable. Furthermore, by operating with a 1/7 horsepower refrigeration system, you get optimal performance with this appliance. The stable temperature also makes sure that all your food items and beverages are safely stored in an ideal environment, and the product quality is not compromised.
Owing to its undercounter design, you can add refrigerated storage in the Commercial two-door Undercounter Refrigerators KITMA 13.5 Cu. Ft Stainless Steel Side by Side Worktop Fridge to store food items and other ingredients without the need for additional space. Hence, you can save yourself a lot of kitchen space by placing several cooking countertop utensils on top of the refrigerator.
To watch the Commercial 2 door Undercounter Refrigerators KITMA 13.5 Cu. Ft Stainless Steel Side by Side Worktop Fridge for Kitchen Review on YouTube, click here.
- The compact size makes it ideal for home kitchen use
- Refrigerator top can easily support heavy-duty equipment
- Casters make it easy to clean and service the refrigerator
- No glass door so you cannot see the refrigerator contents from the outside
8. Arctic Air AR49 54″ Two Section Solid Door Reach-in Commercial Refrigerator Review
When it comes to two section solid door reach-in refrigerators, the best one out there is undoubtedly the Arctic Air AR49 54″ Two Section Solid Door Reach-in Commercial Refrigerator.
The refrigerator’s interior boasts a white aluminum liner along with 6 epoxy-coated shelves that are adjustable to easily store all of your beverages, food items and other ingredients that you want to refrigerate. TheArctic Air AR49 reach-in refrigerator also comes equipped with a built-in heating element and condensate pan that serves to evaporate extra water. Furthermore, courtesy to this model’s LED display and electronic thermostat, you can easily monitor the refrigerator’s operating temperatures at all times. Its stainless steel construction for the sides and front enhance the refrigerator’s durability.
To watch the Arctic Air AR49 54″ Two Section Solid Door Reach-in Commercial Refrigerator Review on YouTube, click here.
- Beautiful design
- Large capacity to accommodate several beverages and food items
- Easy to clean refrigerator’s interior
- Leaks water on the floor sometimes
9. WP Restaurant Fridges 78″ Triple 3 Door Side By Side Stainless Steel Reach in Commercial Refrigerator Review
Are you looking for a spacious and highly reliable 3 door reach in fridge? If that is so, it serves your best interest to opt for the WP Restaurant Fridges 78″ Triple 3 Door Side By Side Stainless Steel Reach in Commercial Refrigerator.
The refrigerator operates on a temperature range of 33-41 degrees Fahrenheit. You can easily adjust the temperature from the LED display. Furthermore, this 78″ Triple 3 Door Side By Side Stainless Steel Reach in Commercial Refrigerator boasts a 1/2 Horse Power compressor (top mounted) that boosts the unit’s efficiency and operation. It also has an ergonomic design that makes it easier for whoever operates the refrigerator regularly in a commercial setting.
Moreover, this large 72 cubic feet refrigerator has a long lifespan thanks to its top quality stainless steel construction.
To watch the WP Restaurant Fridges 78″ Triple 3 Door Side By Side Stainless Steel Reach in Commercial Refrigerator Review on YouTube, click here.
Avoid – True GDM-12-HC-LD Single Swing Glass Door Merchandiser Refrigerator with Hydrocarbon Refrigerant and LED Lighting Review
At first sight, the True GDM-12-HC-LD single swing glass door merchandiser refrigerator with hydrocarbon refrigerant and LED lighting looks very aesthetically appealing. It also splendidly displays all beverages and foods. However, most users would agree that this refrigerator is one of the worst commercial refrigerators on the market. That is because it just does not provide sufficient value for the money you invest in it. Sure, it has some positive qualities like the sleek-looking exterior, and the interior LED lighting, but that is about the extent of it!
When you look at the bigger picture, it would just be wise to ignore this refrigerator since it has more cons than pros. You are better off going for any other top-quality commercial refrigerator models like the ones mentioned above.
To watch the True GDM-12-HC-LD Single Swing Glass Door Merchandiser Refrigerator with Hydrocarbon Refrigerant and LED Lighting Review on YouTube, click here.
- Aesthetically appealing
- LED lighting illuminates all your stored foods and beverages
- The refrigerator’s handle has a tendency to break quite soon
- Shelves are not too easy to remove
- Not as durable as most of the other commercial refrigerator models
- Not very easy to clean and maintain
- Compressor is not very powerful
2020 Buyers Guide to the Best Commercial Refrigerator:
When looking for the best refrigeration for restaurants, bars, or any other industrial or commercial establishment, you need to consider some very critical factors. Condenser location, door latches, and refrigerator door configuration are some of the factors to take under advisement. Moreover, it would be best to buy a commercial refrigerator that is constructed of steel, since this material is highly durable. In addition, you should get a commercial refrigerator that is spacious enough to easily accommodate all your food items and cold beverages.
3 Main Points to Consider:
- Location of Condenser – The purpose of any commercial refrigerator’s condensing element is to keep your beverages and food cold. Generally, the location of the condenser is bottom-mount or top-mount. People often choose bottom-mount models for increased ease of maintenance, cleaning, and greater accessibility to beverage and food items. On the other hand, some individuals prefer top-mounted configurations owing to the fact that they do not trap too much debris and dust. You need to consider your business requirements first before deciding which condenser location to pick.
- Configuration of Refrigerator Door – Refrigerator doors can be glass or solid and come in half or full heights. The solid refrigerator doors are easier to clean and better insulated whereas the glass ones enable you or your staff in the kitchen to check out the products in the refrigerator from the outside. That may remove needless closing and opening of the door.
- Door Latches and Gaskets – Ensure that the refrigerator’s auto closers and door gaskets are in perfect working condition and properly maintained. Malfunctioning closers and worn out gaskets enable moist and warm air to enter the compartment of your commercial refrigerator, which increases the use of energy and leads to spoilage of stored beverages and food items.
What is a commercial grade refrigerator?
Commercial refrigerators are heavy duty units made from commercial-grade materials such as steel and aluminum. They’re much more rugged than what you’d find as a backup fridge in your home’s garage or man cave. These materials are able to resist bacteria very effectively and can hold up very well to heavy usage in a commercial kitchen environment. Moreover, commercial-grade refrigerators also offer splendid strength against corrosion, similar to many outdoor refrigerator varities.
How long do commercial refrigerators last?
Contingent on how much tear and wear commercial refrigerators endure, they have a 10-year lifespan on average. In fact, with proper maintenance, some top-quality refrigerator units can last around a staggering 15-20 years! Hence, if you buy a commercial refrigerator, it is in your best interest to maintain it properly.
Best Commercial Refrigerator Reviews (2020 Buyers Guide)
Final Thoughts on Buying a Commercial Refrigerator
This review details some of the highest quality commercial refrigerators of 2020 that you can find in the market, as well as a useful buyer’s guide. Prior to buying a commercial refrigerator that strikes your fancy, be sure to go through all of its key features and pros and cons to see which fridge aligns with your business needs.