On-demand hot water supply is something that we all rely on every single day. The best gas tankless water heater will supply hot water to your bathroom and kitchen, and is essential for showers, washing clothes, cleaning dishes, or while cooking. A tankless water heater can be cost effective as it eliminates the need to store water hot during the entire day, which runs up your electricity bill. We’ve researched and determined the five top-rated gas tankless water heaters on the market, as well as the two you should avoid.
Reviews of the 5 Best Gas Tankless Water Heater, Plus 2 to Avoid
1. Takagi T-H3-DV-N Condensing Gas Tankless Water Heater Review
The best gas tankless water heater of 2021 according to our research is the Takagi T-H3-DV-N Condensing Gas Tankless Water Heater. This tankless heater provides a powerful solution to delivering hot water to various areas around the house. The device offers an endless supply of hot water and features a compact size, making it more appropriate for the installation in areas that has limited space available. The Takagi T-H3-DV-N Condensing Gas Tankless Water Heater is compliant with rule number 1146.2 of the 2012 SCAQMD, which means it has a low NOx Emission rating, making this device environmental friendly as well. The Takagi T-H3-DV-N Condensing Gas Tankless Water Heater can heat up to 10 gallons of water per minute. The device also comes with a built-in safety feature that automatically detects any red flags and acts accordingly to ensure no complications develop.
To watch the Takagi T-H3-DV-N Condensing Gas Tankless Water Heater Review on YouTube, click here.
2. Rheem RTGH-95DVLN Indoor Gas Water Heater Review
The Rheem RTGH-95DVLN 9.5 GPM Indoor Direct Vent Tankless Natural Gas Water Heater is another excellent option for homeowners who are looking to switch toward a gas tankless water heater to provide their home with an endless supply of hot water – without the need for a tank. This device features one of the best efficiency ratings among natural gas water heaters, with a 94% energy efficiency rating. The device is made from high-quality stainless-steel material to ensure water can be heated evenly and effectively. This is surely the best Rheem tankless gas water heater on the market at the moment. The device also provides electronic control with an intelligent computerized system for the easy control of water flow and heating. Temperature options featured by the device allows the user to easily adjust the temperature to increase or decrease the heating of water.
To watch the Rheem RTGH-95DVLN Indoor Gas Water Heater Review on YouTube, click here.
This is probably the best Takagi gas tankless water heater when you take the price and features into consideration, providing the perfect balance for homeowners who wants to switch away from tank-based water heaters. This tankless heater features a maximum flow rate of 6.6 GPM and a relatively easy installation procedure. The device requires an additional ventilation system that utilizes a category III type stainless steel material for optimal efficiency. Temperature of the Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG Indoor Gas Tankless Water Heater can easily be monitored through the thermistors that have been installed in both the inlet and the outlet areas of the heater. An energy factor that ranges between 0.81 and 0.83 also ensures maximum energy efficiency to help the user save a larger amount of money on fuel in the long run.
To watch the Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG Indoor Gas Tankless Water Heater Review on YouTube, click here.
If you are looking for the best gas tankless water heater under 500, then be sure to take a look at the Camplux 12L Gas Tankless Water Heater. This is one of the most affordable options on the market, while also providing a variety of features that makes it an ideal solution for providing a limitless supply of heated water to the sink, shower, or any other area within the house. Installation of this product is very easy and it requires a less expensive ventilation system, making it a more ideal option for homeowners who would like to opt for a gas heater, but afraid of the high costs often associated with its installation.
To watch the Camplux 12L Gas Tankless Water Heater Review on YouTube, click here.
5. Rheem RTG-64DVLN Prestige Gas Waterless Heater Review
Homeowners who are able to spend a little more, but still looking for the best gas tankless water heater under 1000 to ensure they can still afford the installation costs, should consider the Rheem RTG-64DVLN Prestige Gas Waterless Heater. This device depends on natural gas as a power source and can provide a significant reduction in the overall cost of maintaining hot water when compared to a tank-based option. This Rheem water heater features a thermostat that constantly monitors the inlet and outlet water temperature, which ensures you know exactly how hot your water is. Additionally, a remote control option allows for easy switching between different temperature settings.
To watch the Rheem RTG-64DVLN Prestige Gas Waterless Heater Review on YouTube, click here.
The worst gas tankless water heater on the market in 2021, according to our findings, is the MAREY 10L Gas Tankless Water Heater. This is a cheap device and, even though it has specific benefits that it can definitely provide to the user. The device can be obtained for just over $200 at most retailers, but the installation costs for this system can significantly push up the total cost. This device can only provide heating for 3.1 gallons of water per minute, which is a relatively slow heating rate. In turn, this means that the device will most definitely not be appropriate for a shower, but rather only for areas with lower demand for hot water – such as the kitchen. The lack of a computerized safety system also makes this an option that is not as safe as some of the other devices we featured here.
To watch the MAREY 10L Gas Tankless Water Heater Review on YouTube, click here.
Avoid – VEVOR 18L Gas Tankless Water Heater Review
While shopping for one of these devices, we recommend you also avoid this gas tankless water heater. While this is one of the more affordable options on the market, it has a very low flow rate and unable to provide as fast of heating toward the flow of water as most of the other devices we have featured in our review guide. VEVOR 18L Gas Tankless Water Heater is promoted to be perfect for the shower, but, when the flow rate is considered, it becomes evident that the device will only be appropriate in areas such as the kitchen, where the demand for hot water is much lower. Additionally, this device is also only compatible with liquefied natural gas.
To watch the VEVOR 18L Gas Tankless Water Heater Review on YouTube, click here.
2021 Buyers Guide to the Best Gas Tankless Water Heater
Gas tankless water heaters can offer you a number of significant benefits to help you save on your electricity bill and have hot water ready whenever you need it. There are a few factors that you need to consider before you decide to buy a specific gas tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of these important factors.
3 Main Points to Consider:
- Size: The size of the gas tankless water heater you wish to buy will have a significant impact on its compatibility with your house. Before you consider buying one of these devices, you should first consider where you want to use the heater and determine how much space is available to fit the device into. Buying a device that is larger than the available space means you will have to make modifications to the area, which can add additional expenses to the installation of the heater and interfere with existing equipment and appliances that have already been installed in the area you wish to install the device. Remember that additional ventilation and other systems will also need to be installed alongside the gas tankless water heater – adequate space should also be available for these systems.
- Cost: The cost of the gas tankless water heater that you are interested in should also be taken into careful consideration. The prices of these devices vary widely – some devices cost less than $500, while others can be priced higher than $1,000. It is also important to note that the installation of a gas tankless water heater is somewhat complicated – there are additional systems that will also need to be installed. These costs are not included in the price of the heater itself. Consider your budget and make sure that the device and the installation procedure can fit within that budget. Also be sure to take a look at all of your options and avoid opting for a device that provides more features than you require – this would lead to additional costs that you have no use for.
- Capacity: Even though these devices have no tank where water is stored, as they instantly heat water on demand, it is important to realize that you still need to consider their capacity. Not all of these devices are equally powerful. Some gas tankless water heaters may be more appropriate for use in the kitchen, due to a lower capacity. In most cases, the capacity of these heaters tells you how much water the device can heat per minute – this allows you to understand how quickly water can be heated. A faster heating function is needed in cases where the device will be used in a shower, for example, to ensure an adequate amount of water can expel from the shower head continuously.
What are the main differences between electric and gas tankless water heaters?
When interested in buying a tankless water heater, whether a home or RV water heater, one of the first things you will notice is that you can choose between an electric or a gas model. Both of these devices essentially have the same purpose – to instantly heat up water and provide you with on-demand hot water whenever you need it. This is done without the need to hold a tank that contains water and no need for a specific amount of water to be kept heated all the time. There are, however, some differences between electric and gas tankless water heaters. An electric water heater depends on electricity, while a gas heater somewhat depends on a power source such as propane or natural gas. Gas heaters are considered to be a more appropriate solution in areas where extremely low temperatures are present. Ultimately, the final choice between an electric or a gas heater often lies within the personal preferences of the homeowner, as some people are not very comfortable with using gas-powered appliances in their house.
Best Gas Tankless Water Heater Reviews (2021 Buyers Guide):
Final Thoughts on Finding the Best Gas Tankless Water Heater:
The use of a tankless water heater can be helpful in providing on-demand hot water in various areas of the house, without the need to keep a tank full of water hot 24/7. This can significantly reduce electricity bills and also ensure you do not run out of hot water, which is a very common problem when using a tank-based water heater. In this post, we looked at the best gas tankless water heater of 2021 to help you choose the right option for your house.