Each year an estimated 35 billion empty plastic water bottles find their way to a landfill. Fresh, pure drinking water from a bottleless water cooler is a sustainable choice for your home’s healthy water supply. A bottleless water cooler uses state-of-the-art filters that deliver the most beneficial results. But, the best advantage of a bottleless water cooler over a bottled water system is no more moving heavy water jugs. Whether you’re looking for a Brio, Drinkpod, Avalon self cleaning bottleless water cooler, or just the best bottleless water cooler overall, we have them all covered in this review!
We’ve researched and reviewed the 10 top-rated bottleless water coolers on the market. Keep scrolling down to see the full detailed reviews and complete buyer’s guide at the bottom. Here are the best bottleless water coolers.
Our Top Picks
1. Best Overall: Avalon A5
2. Best Bottleless Water Cooler For Office: Brio Commercial Grade Bottleless
3. Best Countertop Bottleless Water Dispenser: Avalon Countertop Bottleless Water Cooler B8BLK
4. Best Self Cleaning Bottleless Water Cooler: Brio Self Cleaning Bottleless Water Cooler
5. Best Hot and Cold Bottleless Water Cooler: Avalon A7
6. Best UV Self Cleaning Bottleless Water Cooler: Brio Moderna
7. Best Sanitary Bottleless Water Cooler: Avalon A13 S Touchless
8. Best Aquaverse Bottleless Water Cooler: Aquaverse Bottleless Water Cooler
9. Best Clover Bottleless Water Cooler: Clover D7A Water Dispenser
10. Best Touchless Bottleless Water Cooler: DRINKPOD Bottleless Water Cooler
Top 10 Best Bottleless Water Cooler Reviews
1. Avalon A5
The Avalon A5 bottleless water dispenser is impressive. It arrives with detailed instructions and illustrations for starters, plus a complete installation kit to instantly get fresh, pure hot, and cold water flowing for cooking and drinking! Avalon A5 uses a dual filtration system. First, water flows through the sediment filter to remove dust, dirt, silt, and clay. Next, the carbon block filter removes pollutants and chemicals, plus metals, such as lead. Each filter lasts approximately six months or filters up to 1500 gallons.
Avalon 5 also features a unique three-temperature setting. Customize every drinking experience. The water temperature output is instant and consistent from the refreshing crisp cold setting to cool or piping hot for the best cup of tea.
Never worry about expensive cleaning maintenance costs or downtime. A5’s self-cleaning ozone feature constantly works to sanitize & purify the dispenser. Between uses, you don’t have to worry about harmful germs & bacteria accumulation.
Need a drink of water in the middle of the night? A built-in nightlight near the water spouts makes it easy to dispense, and the replace filter indicator light lets you know when it’s time for a filter replacement.
Avalon A5 is UL/Energy Star approved. It has a dependable child-safety hot water lock. It’s easy installation and ease of use make the Avalon A5 the best bottleless water dispenser. A5 is an attractive all stainless steel standalone model, weighs 44 pounds, and measures 13” W x 12” D x 41” H.
Warranty: 30-day risk free, love it or return it, plus a 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
To watch the Avalon A5 Review on YouTube, click here.
- Helpful and knowledgeable customer support
- Self-cleaning ozone feature indicator light
- Efficient and dependable filtration
- No reverse osmosis filtration
- Dispenser and compatible filter issues
- Slow refill rate
2. Brio Commercial Grade Bottleless
If your office or work-from-home space needs a refreshing upgrade, the Brio commercial-grade bottleless water dispenser is the clear winner. Feel confident knowing that each cup of water dispensed through the Brio passes through a built-in reverse osmosis filter. Unbeatable filtration technology is guaranteed to remove sediment, foul odors, tastes, and harmful chemicals and pesticides.
The Brio commercial uses a four-stage filtration system. Stage one houses the premium quality sediment filter. Stage two removes harmful VOCs, tastes, and odors using carbon block filtrations. Water passes through a high-rejection, reverse osmosis (RO) filter to remove 99% of contaminants and metals. Refined coconut carbon fibers round out stage four to remove any last traces of impurity and awful taste.
Brio’s built-in one-touch self-cleaning ozone sanitizer feature lets you spend less time cleaning the water dispenser and more time making a great cup of piping hot coffee.
If you have time to install quick-connect four filters and attach a water line, you’ve got your Brio commercial-grade bottleless water dispenser up and running in 5 minutes.
Crafted using only the finest 304 stainless steel and quality materials, the Brio commercial bottleless water dispenser weighs 53.9 pounds and measures 45” H x 17” W x 14” D.
Warranty: Free from defects and workmanship, plus parts replacement within the first year with proof of purchase.
To watch the Brio Commercial Grade Bottleless Review on YouTube, click here.
- Easy filter access
- Dependable and consistent hot/cold temperature control
- Designed to perform for years
- Pro installation required without a designated waterline
- Daily water purge up to 1 gallon per day
- Filters only sold as a set
3. Avalon B8BLK
The Avalon is an attractive matte black countertop bottleless water dispenser and will match any decor. Detailed instructions with illustrations offer quick installation. Avalon B8BLK uses a dual filtration process; multi-layer sediment to remove dirt, silt, and carbon block to remove lead, rust, bacteria, pesticides, and harmful VOCs. Avalon B8BLK offers your home or office fresh, healthy, filtered, toasty hot, and refreshing cold water on demand. You will significantly reduce, if not eliminate, your bottled water expense. A built-in LED nightlight frames the water spouts for accessible water dispensing at night. A replacement light lets you know when the filters need to be replaced.
UL/Energy Star approved, the Avalon is intelligently designed to use less power. The unique child safety hot water spout lock and a generous 7.5” serving space below the water spouts round out the impressive features. 14” D x 12” W x 19” H and weighs 30 pounds. All these great features and technology make the Avalon B8BLK the best countertop bottleless water cooler.
Warranty: 1 year limited manufacturer’s warranty within 30 days of purchase and registration.
To watch the Avalon B8BLK Review on YouTube, click here.
- 6 month/1,500 gallon filter life
- Reversible door hinges
- Min/max temperature: 47°F / 185°F
- Costly replacement filters
- Challenging fit under some cabinetry
- Increased energy costs
4. Brio Self Cleaning Bottleless Water Cooler
Indulge in Brio and experience water filtered to provide the purest hydration. The Brio self-cleaning bottleless water cooler uses pre-carbon and sediment filters to work in two decisive stages. A sediment filter removes the common contaminants, such as dust and rust. In the second stage, the carbon-block filter purifies and dramatically improves the taste and removes all the offensive odors.
Crisp cold, room-temperature, or piping hot, the Brio is perfect for ice-cold lemonade, a refreshing drink after a workout, or a hand-warming cup of cocoa or coffee on a chilly winter morning. Brio makes nighttime trips to the kitchen a breeze with a built-in bright light that illuminates the entire dispensing area.
Spend less time lugging cases of water from the car to the pantry and reduce waste and the time spent recycling. The Brio uses LED UV light; it is self-cleaning and automatic, giving you peace of mind to ensure every cup of water is filtered, fresh and healthy.
Made using a combination of black matte-painted and classic brushed stainless steel, the best self-cleaning bottleless water dispenser by Brio measures 44.7” H x 16.6” W x 14.7” D and weighs just shy of 50 pounds.
Warranty: 1-year from the date with proof of purchase.
To watch the Brio Self Cleaning Bottleless Water Cooler Review on YouTube, click here.
- Beautiful stainless steel design
- Tap water bypass button
- Produces high-quality water
- Cold/room temp share the same reservoir
- Requires a dedicated water connection and power outlet
- Cooling unit freezes over occasionally
5. Avalon A7
If your home or office has the Avalon freestanding water dispenser, everyone gets to enjoy the benefits of the best-tasting water. The A7’s simple, elegant stainless steel design uses separate press-paddle spouts to provide both steaming hot and icy cold water on demand. Water passes through a two-stage filtration system and flows out at the ideal temperatures. Avalon has a significant vertical dispensing point that delivers hot and cold simultaneously.
Easy to install in just a few simple steps, the Avalon A7 includes detailed instructions and illustrations. Avalon’s helpful customer support team is available to answer questions. Twenty feet of PE pipe is included so that you can install the A7 just about anywhere. Dual-stage Avalon water filtration technology consists of a multi-layer sediment filter and a carbon block filter. Avalon filters are guaranteed to last six months or 1,500 gallons.
UL/Energy Star approved, and a unique child safety hot water spout lock lets the kiddos use the dispenser safely. A night light makes the dispenser’s spouts visible when you need that late night water run. The filter indicator lights up when the filters need to be replaced. The built-in self-cleaning ozone treatment sanitizes and purifies, preventing the accumulation of harmful germs and bacteria.
Get the best water dispenser technology, get Avalon’s top-rated best hot and cold bottleless water dispenser hydration station. The Avalon A7 measures 13” D x 12” W x 41” H and weighs 41 pounds.
Warranty: 30-day money-back guarantee, plus 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
To watch the Avalon A7 Review on YouTube, click here.
- Triple hot, room and cold temperature controls
- Dispenses hot and cold water simultaneously
- Install and dispense in 20 minutes
- Slow pour rate
- Requires manual monthly deep cleaning
6. Brio Moderna UV Self Cleaning Bottleless Water Cooler Dispenser
The Brio Moderna bottleless water cooler offers maximum flexibility to get crisp water just the way you like it. The digital display allows adjusting the temperature for cold drinks or hot water for tea or coffee. The digital display also doubles as a clock.
The machine includes three Brio bottleless water cooler premium filters that ensure only the best quality water. The filters should be changed every 6-9 months, and there is a notification light to remind you.
This one of the Brio self cleaning bottleless water cooler dispenser models that make cleaning the unit a breeze. Simply press the button and it cleans the water tank and lines automatically. The self cleaning bottleless water cooler uses UV LED technology to sanitize the water cooler so you can be confident of the highest quality water every time.
Brio goes above and beyond with safety, having a two-step child lock for dispensing hot water. It also comes with an LED night light to eliminate the spouts.
The Brio Moderna bottleless water cooler is made of high quality stainless steel making it not only durable, but aesthetically appealing. The modern look is perfect for any room, whether at home or the office. The water dispenser is also energy efficient as it is Energy Star certified.
Installation is simple with this Brio bottleless water dispenser. The model comes with a quick-connect installation kit that easily connects to your water source.
- Self cleaning model
- Digital temperature control
- Child safety lock
- Install can take an hour
- Requires 3 replacement filters
7. Avalon A13 S Touchless Bottleless Cooler Water Dispenser
We love the Avalon A13 S Bottleless Water Cooler because it does not require any contact with the water dispenser itself. The electric sensors allow for hand-free cold (or hot) water with germ-free water dispensing. The Avalon water cooler also comes with a BioGaurd antimicrobial coating to prevent bacterial cross contamination.
The design of the Avalon water dispenser is simple with three preset temperature options. Either crisp cold, cool, or piping hot. All dispensed water passes through the best in class NSF Certified Avalon filters eliminating all chlorine and lead.
When purchasing this Avalon bottleless water cooler it comes with the dual filters. One carbon block filter and a sediment filter that last for 6 months or 1500 gallons. We also like the Avalon bottleless water cooler’s efficient compressors which means getting consistently crisp water with minimal compressor noise. It is UL Listed and Energy Star approved which will keep your electric bill to a minimum.
This is an Avalon self cleaning bottleless water cooler model and has a self clean feature that will clean the tank at the touch of a button. Additionally, it has a nightlight to illuminate the spout in the dark.
The Avalon bottleless water cooler Installation is simple and likely can be done on your own, if not, any local handyman or plumber should be able to handle it quickly. It does not require a drain line as it has an overfill tank that you need to empty when it gets full, which is very rare. It does, however, have a leak detector to monitor water flow.
- Hands-free water dispensing
- Easy temperature controls
- BioGuard coating
- Setup can take an hour
- Two filters to replace
8. Aquaverse Commercial Grade Bottleless Water Cooler Dispenser
The Aquaverse A6500-K Bottleless Water Cooler Dispenser thought of just about every necessity when designing this model. The water dispenser is made of high quality materials to stand the test of time. The exterior and water tank are made of stainless steel while the dispenser uses an LG compressor.
When purchasing this Aquaverse bottleless water cooler it comes with the unique activated carbon-based filter designed to eliminate chlorine taste, odor, and 99.9% of all particles. It is recommended to change the filter every 750 gallons, or about 6 months. As one of the leaders in water filtration, Aquaverse models are NSF, UL and Energy Star certified.
Because this Aquaverse bottleless water cooler uses commercial grade inputs, it is perfect for the office or at home. The high-volume hot and cold tanks with efficient heating coils and refrigerant lines allow for a near endless supply of both hot and cold water.
The Aquaverse bottleless water cooler also comes with a child safety lock to prevent hot water accidents.
The installation is straightforward. The Aquaverse bottleless water cooler includes the installation hardware and water line so it can be completed easily with basic tools.
Warranty: Aquaverse One year limited warranty and customer support team.
- Energy efficient compressor
- High volume water dispensing
- Stainless steel material
- No self cleaning
9. Clover D7A
Everything you need in a water dispenser shows up in the Clover D7A. The delivery is nothing short of pure, delicious water complimented by commercial-grade water filtration. Get the D7A out of the box, use the installation kit with easy-to-follow instructions; have the elegant design up and running, and complement any home, kitchen, or office style.
The Clover bottleless cooler has an instant cold faucet and a child-resistant hot water faucet. Water stays fresh in the 1-gallon sealed, stainless steel reservoir until you’re ready for a drink. The stainless steel hot water tank holds one-third of a gallon and dispenses at 180 degrees.
Clover D7A is a one-piece, durable, easy-to-clean, free-standing, factory-sealed UV-resistant cabinet. The lift-out drip tray is dishwasher safe, and all the inclusive tubing is food grade. Clover’s water filter is tested to NSF performance Standard 42 and Standard 53, and the filter life is 300 gallons. Inside the Clover, you’ll find a top-quality 1.7A compressor and lead-free components as defined by the Safe Drinking Water Act.
At a mere 30 pounds and measuring 12.5” W x 12.4” D x 39.3” H, the Clover D7A is the best Clover water dispenser.
Warranty: 1-year warranty plus replacement parts if found defective.
To watch the Clover D7A Review on YouTube, click here.
- CSA and Energy Star certified
- Twist-off easy-change filters with auto-shut off
- Filters independently certified to 1,500 gallons
- Challenging setup and installation
- Extremely slow fill rate
- Condenser runs loud when refilling
10. DRINKPOD Bottleless Water Cooler
The Drinkpod company has a simple motto: NEVER BUY BOTTLED WATER AGAIN. Imagine getting 7,200 half-liter plastic water bottles out of a trio of Drinkpod’s ULTRA 3 filter pods. The mechanics of the Drinkpod include:
- Two easy-touchless control paddles for cold and hot water.
- A child-safety feature on the hot temperature control.
- A steady stream of deliciously filtered water.
The Drinkpod’s profile is sleek, the perfect kitchen complement. The simplistic design features an attractive white faux-lacquered veneer with an elegant circular blue LED accent light. Replace the bulky water cooler with the space-consuming five-gallon water bottles, and end the back pain of lifting them. The water stays fresh and protected inside separate 304 stainless steel 1.32-gallon hot and 0.79-gallon cold water tanks.
Drinkpod provides a steady uninterrupted stream of deliciously fresh water. The filtration system uses three dedicated filter pods; a chemical/organic scrub, ULTRA scrub, and polishing scrub.
Weighing in at just over 60 pounds, the Drinkpod measures 10.24” W x 17.72” D x 43.7” H and has a 6.25” H dispense height.
To watch the DRINKPOD Bottleless Water Cooler Review on YouTube, click here.
Warranty: 1-year standard warranty with 2,3, and 4 year protection plan add-ons for purchase.
- Ice/Café ports to connect two additional appliances
- Perfect for instant hot drinks and soups – (up to 185°F)
- Sleek modern design complements every home/office
- Small amount of leakage when changing out the filters
- Hot water boiler not consistent
- Overuse of hot water creates noise
Best Bottleless Water Cooler Reviews (2022 Buyers Guide):
Follow Freshnss on YouTube
2022 Buyers Guide to the Best Bottleless Water Cooler
Water coolers and bottleless dispensers of all kinds are truly items of convenience. The bottleless variety offer aesthetically pleasing designs along with benefits of water purification found in more expensive products like RO systems or alkaline ionizers. In order to find the right bottleless option, you will have to check out several models and compare them, as well as considering several important factors. Here are the most important factors to consider when looking for an effective and reliable bottleless water cooler.
4 Main Points to Consider
- Water Filtration System: Some water coolers have built-in filtration systems. Others will require that you install an in-line system before connecting them to the water supply. Unless you already have a filtration system installed, you’ll want a cooler that has it built-in or is delivered with it. Moreover, the system should be effective (reverse-osmosis systems with alkaline filters are usually the best) and should have a high capacity and an affordable price (to avoid replacing it often and spending too much on replacements).
- Dispensed Water Temperature, Flow Rate, and Storage Capacity: Some systems dispense only cold and room temperature water. Others dispense both cold and hot water. There are also systems that dispense hot, cold, and room temperature water. You should consider your needs before choosing one system, or choose a system from the latter category, to make sure all your needs will be met. Also, keep in mind that not all systems allow you to adjust the temperature of the cool water they dispense, and their water flow rate varies as well. If you live alone or you are buying the water cooler for a small family, most systems should be acceptable. However, if you are buying the system for an office, institution, or commercial facility, you will want one with a higher flow rate and storage capacity like the Brio commercial bottleless water cooler.
- Features and Specifications: Depending on the intended use of the water cooler, features like child safety protection and night lights will come in handy. If power failures are frequent in your area, you should look for a system with backup operation features and overload protection. Some users treasure self-cleaning features like that of the Avalon self cleaning water coolers reviewed above. The dishwasher-safe drip tray is a must for many users as well. Finally, you should check the dimensions of the system you have in mind, to make sure it fits where you want to place it.
- Performance and Durability: You want a water cooler you can rely on, as failures could bring about numerous inconveniences, from those related to water temperatures to costly ones, like water damage caused by leaks. The model should also be silent, or at least not very noisy, as you don’t want it to wake everyone up or disrupt your work. Finally, you want your water cooler to consume as little energy as possible, and to last for several years. The best way to ensure that is to look for a system with an Energy Star rating and a considerable warranty. The promptitude of the seller’s customer service may play an important part in your satisfaction level as well.
What’s the advantage of a bottleless water cooler vs a bottom loading water dispenser?
Although many people consider bottled water a safer alternative to tap water, it is not. A study released in March 2018 and performed by Orb Media and NY State University shows that 93% of bottled water contains microplastics. It is also quite expensive, and its packaging harms the environment.
A bottom loading water dispenser only cools or heats bottled water, making you responsible to ensure spare bottles and replace the empty ones, costing you money and effort. A bottleless water cooler, on the other hand, helps you enjoy clean, great tasting water at your desired temperature without additional effort.
Once you’ve connected it to the water supply, your only worry will be to replace the water filters every several months. It will be as easy as replacing the bottle on a bottom loading water dispenser, but you’ll be spending less and enjoying cleaner and safer water whenever you need it.
Bottleless water cooler dispensers vs. 5 Gallon Jugs: Which is Better?
When you make the switch to a bottleless water cooler, you not only don’t need to move around heavy 5 gallon jugs anymore, but you can save money and help the environment at the same time. In fact, Aquaverse states that one filter in a bottleless water cooler can save 5,680 single use plastic bottles! Not only that, but several studies have shown (depending on the model), water that is filtered and dispensed from a bottleless water cooler can be more pure.
How do you hookup a bottleless water cooler?
Depending on the model you select, installing a bottleless water cooler is relatively painless. Most quality manufacturers will provide an easy installation kit for a quick hookup. In general, you will need to connect your bottleless water cooler to an existing water line. Typically that is a fridge or a sink. You then will need to connect the water line supplied with the bottleless water cooler to the existing water line with a connector, which should also be supplied with your hookup kit.
Final Thoughts on Buying a Bottomless Water Cooler
91% of all the plastic water bottles purchased annually do not get recycled. On average, a plastic bottle takes 450 years to decompose. That equates to a severe global sustainability issue. Buying a bottomless water cooler with a filter life of 1,500 gallons eliminates almost 24,000 plastic bottles per year per household. It’s an intelligent purchase with lasting results.
Make sure to measure the height between the surface of your counter and the bottom of your cabinets if you’re considering a countertop bottleless water dispenser. Initially, find a dedicated water line and an electrical outlet that are proximal to one another. Then check the power consumption. Hot and cold dispensers use more power and trip circuits if they are not grounded in a dedicated outlet.
Avoid wasting time adding extra feet of tubing or making any unexpected cosmetic changes to your countertops or walls. Look for a model with an all stainless steel construction versus a molded plastic outer shell. Check the space between the drip tray and the water outlet. There should be enough space to allow you to fill water bottles and tall glasses. Make sure the nozzles that dispense the water fit the inside diameter inside of the neck of a water bottle.
Look for bottleless water dispensers that are low-to-no maintenance. The better the filters, the less they need to be changed. An additional self-cleaning ozone feature adds less worry and the monthly dread of taking the dispenser apart and doing the heavy cleaning.
Drinking enough water every day is the essence of living a good, healthy life. Encouraging that habit by using a quality water dispenser that gives you the benefit of pure filtered hot and cold water on demand.
1: Avalon A5
3: Avalon B8BLK
5: Avalon A7
6: Brio Moderna
Freshnss Values Transparency and Integrity
Additional Water Filter Reviews
Portable Water Filters
Faucet Water Filters
Iron Removal Systems for Well Water
Emergency Water Filters
Whole House Water Filters
Inline Water Filters
Whole House Water Filter for Well Water
Reverse Osmosis Systems
Water Filter Pitchers
Countertop Water Filters
Refrigerator Water Filters
Backpacking Water Filters
Under Sink Water Filters
Stainless Steel Water Filters
Best Water Distillers
Ultraviolet Water Purifiers
Water Purification Tablets
Best Reverse Osmosis System
Durastill Water Distillers