Drinking a cold glass of water from a high quality bottleless water cooler right in your kitchen or office space is enjoyable and convenient. Nothing beats a glass of cold fresh drinking water when you’re thirsty. Plus, carrying water bottles around or worrying about filling up a water filter pitcher to keep water cool in the fridge can become a burden. We’ve researched and discovered eight top-rated bottleless water coolers of 2020, as well as two you may want to consider avoiding.
Reviews of the 8 Best Bottleless Water Cooler, Plus 2 to Avoid
1. Brio CLB3000U-6Stage-EZ-RO Bottleless Water Dispenser Review
The Brio CLB3000U is not only the top-rated bottleless water cooler of 2020 and the best Brio bottleless water cooler, but it is also a highly effective water filtration system. The water reaching its dispenser goes through a 6 stage RO (reverse osmosis) system.
The RO system includes the following easy to replace Twist-Off cartridges: sediment filter able to filtrate impurities of under 5 microns, Brio Coconut GAC (granular activated carbon) filter, Carbon Block, 50 GPD Membrane, GAC Inline Filter, Pentek Alkaline filter for pH rebalancing.
The Brio CLB3000U Water Cooler dispenses cold and hot water cooler, the faucet for the hot water being child-resistant. The hot water tank can hold up to 2.5 liters, while cold drinking water is stored in a 1-gallon stainless steel reservoir. The hot water temperature ranges between 180-190 ° F. An adjustable thermostat lets you control the temperature for cold water.
This Brio cooler has a 50GDP membrane, a 5-gallon storage tank, stylish European chrome faucets, dishwasher-safe drip tray, lead-free components, WQA, UL CSA FDA, and Energy Star certifications, and an impressive warranty of 10 years. It can process up to 100 gallons per day and cater to the needs of up to 50 people.
2. Avalon A5BOTTLELESS A5 Self Cleaning Bottleless Water Cooler Dispenser Review
The Avalon A5BOTTLELESS surely is the best selling water dispenser in its category and is the best Avalon bottleless water dispenser in its capacity range. Although it cannot keep up with the above-reviewed Brio CLB3000U in terms of capacity and water filtration capabilities, it has a sediment filter and a carbon block filter, both able to process up to 1,500 gallons of water.
This water cooler dispenses cold (47° F), room temperature, and hot (180° F) water. Its hot drinking water dispenser has a child safety lock. A built-in night light lets you use it in the dark, without turning on the lights in the room. Its storage capacity is of 1 liter for hot water and 3.6 liters for cold water, and it can disperse up to 45 gallons of water per day.
The Avalon A5BOTTLELESS A5 Self Cleaning Bottleless Water Cooler Dispenser holds UL and Energy Star certified as well. One of its greatest strengths seems to be its self-cleaning ozone feature, which ensures the sanitization of the dispenser and prevents the accumulation of germs and bacteria.
3. Oasis PSWSA1SHS Artesian Pou Hot N’ Cold Bottleless Water Cooler Review
Oasis PSWSA1SHS Water Cooler is one of the top options from the aesthetic point of view. Few appliances in its category can take pride in such a sleek, elegant stainless steel design, and those that can are much more expensive. Its features make it the best Oasis bottleless water cooler in its capacity range.
Although it doesn’t have a built-in water filtration system, it is compatible with most reverse osmosis systems, so you can attach it to the one you already have or buy a new one. It dispenses hot water (~190° F, 2.1 gallons per hour, child-safe faucet) and cold water (thermostat adjustable).
It too has a dishwasher-safe drip tray and Energy Star and safety ratings. It also has a dual mechanical float system and backup operation safety that allows it to work even during power failures. You’ll love everything about it, including its accessible price!
4. Aquverse A6500-K Hot/Cold Bottleless Water Cooler with Filter and Install Kit Review
A good-looking, affordable, and durable option, the A6500 is also the best Aquverse bottleless water cooler. It dispenses both cold (35-38° F) and hot water (185° F), after passing it through a carbon filter that can process up to 750 gallons before requiring replacement.
The Aquverse A6500-K Bottleless Water Cooler runs on a highly-efficient LG hermetically-sealed, spring-mounted compressor. It has an automatic protector against overloads and a dual float backup system to prevent leaks. It cools the water by convection and heats it with the help of internal heating coils. The cold and hot water tanks are polished with 304 electro stainless steel. The refrigerant lines are made of copper.
With a dishwasher-safe drip tray and a child safety protection for the hot water faucet, this Aquverse promises to be a viable long-term investment if you can live with the fact that its drinking water filter is single-stage and the cold water temperature cannot be adjusted.
5. MOJO Water Everest BottleLess Water Cooler Review
This is the best Mojo bottleless water cooler, recommended for commercial use as well, due to its impressive capacity and cold water tank. It can hold up to 2.5 gallons of cold water and promises to meet the needs of up to 30 users. It comes with proprietary water purification and filtration system that can process up to 1,200 gallons and with an installation kit.
MOJO Water Everest is a water dispenser that dispenses cold water at temperatures ranging between 40 and 44° F and lets you adjust the temperature from the thermostat. Since it delivers steaming hot water as well, it comes with a child-safe faucet for it. You can turn off the hot water function if you don’t need it.
UL & Energy Star-rated, it comes with a Twist-Off, easy to replace 1-micron filtration system promising to remove all water contaminants and related odor. The installation kit includes a saddle valve made of stainless steel, 25′ of flexible, food-grade waterway, and easy-to-follow instructions.
6. Clover B7B Room Temp & Cold Bottleless Water Cooler Review
The best Clover bottleless water cooler, B7B does not deliver hot water, but only cold and room temperature drinking water. It cools the water through convection, powered by a highly-efficient compressor. Its cold water cooler tank is made of stainless steel. Its thermostat lets you adjust cold water temperature between 35.6 and 53.6°F.
Although Clover B7B Water Cooler does not have an Energy Star rating, its energy consumption is quite low. It does not have a built-in water filter either. However, the package includes not only the conversion kit for the point of use but also the installation kit and an in-line filter able to process up to 750 gallons of water between replacements.
Good looking and easy to set up and use, this water cooler is highly appreciated for its silent functioning and high flow rate. It could be the perfect solution for your home if you already have a solution for hot water dispensing or if you do not need instant hot water at all.
7. Avalon Countertop Self Cleaning Bottleless Water Cooler Review
With similar features with its above-described predecessor but much more compact, this Avalon measures only 12 x 12 x 19 inches, promising to fit on any countertop. It is the best countertop bottleless water cooler according to our research.
Avalon Countertop Self Cleaning Bottleless Water Cooler dispenses both hot (185° F) and cold (47°) water after passing it through a sediment filter and a carbon block filter, both able to process up to 1.500 gallons of water and ensuring excellent taste.
It takes pride in the same night light and child safety lock and has the same valuable certifications. It is delivered with the installation kit. You’ll love its built-in leak detector and its self-cleaning feature based on ozone injection, especially given the affordable price.
8. DrinkPod Bottleless Countertop Water Cooler Dispenser Review
This is probably the best DrinkPod Bottleless Water Cooler on the market, and surely an option worth considering if you’re looking for a countertop model. It measures 13 x 12 x 19 inches, and it dispenses cold, room temperature, and hot water.
It uses a ULTRA+3 filtration system and an UltraVI sterilizer to remove all water impurities, bacteria, and germs. The filter is of the twist-off type and replacing it is easy due to the magnetic door. The water faucets are easy to use, the one for hot water having a child-safety protection.
The device holds safety and energy-efficiency certifications and has received excellent user feedback. Although highly efficient, affordable, and cost-effective, it seems to be a little noisy, so be careful where you place it.
Avoid — Aquatal AT 3000 Standing Bottleless Platinum Water Cooler Review
Although the AT 3000 Platinum has an impressive description that makes it seem like one of the top bottleless water coolers on the market, it definitely does not live up to it. Delivered without the installation kit and the water filtration system, it has a huge price, double than most of the above-reviewed water dispenser options. The digital panel breaks down with ease and makes the device difficult to use.
Its greatest weakness seems to be the fact that it gives the drinking water it processes an awful plastic taste. Moreover, it is quite heavy and bulky. Despite the considerable dimensions, only glasses fit under the water dispensers, so, if you want to fill up bottles, you’ll have to hold them angled. If it is not the worst bottleless water cooler on the market, it sure comes close to it.
Avoid — Vertex Hot & Cold Countertop Water Dispenser Review
This Vertex Countertop Water Dispenser may have been the top-rated bottleless water cooler for countertop use back when it was produced. Its Autocontrol function, the add-on filters, the hot water faucet safety lock, and the LED indicators seem like valuable features for a product released 9 years ago.
In the meantime, however, user needs and expectations have changed, and this device is no longer able to keep up with them. It is approximately 50% more expensive than the countertop models reviewed above, it breaks down easily, and the customer service is pretty disappointing. We recommend that you avoid this bottleless water cooler at all cost.
2020 Buyers Guide to the Best Bottleless Water Cooler
Water coolers and bottleless dispensers of all kinds are truly items of convenience. The bottleless variety offer aesthetically pleasing designs along with benefits of water purification found in more expensive products like RO systems or alkaline ionizers. In order to find the right bottleless option, you will have to check out several models and compare them, as well as considering several important factors. Here are the most important factors to consider when looking for an effective and reliable bottleless water cooler.
4 Main Points to Consider
- Water Filtration System: Some water coolers have built-in filtration systems. Others will require that you install an in-line system before connecting them to the water supply. Unless you already have a filtration system installed, you’ll want a cooler that has it built-in or is delivered with it. Moreover, the system should be effective (reverse-osmosis systems with alkaline filters are usually the best) and should have a high capacity and an affordable price (to avoid replacing it often and spending too much on replacements).
- Dispensed Water Temperature, Flow Rate, and Storage Capacity: Some systems dispense only cold and room temperature water. Others dispense both cold and hot water. There are also systems that dispense hot, cold, and room temperature water. You should consider your needs before choosing one system, or choose a system from the latter category, to make sure all your needs will be met. Also, keep in mind that not all systems allow you to adjust the temperature of the cool water they dispense, and their water flow rate varies as well. If you live alone or you are buying the water cooler for a small family, most systems should be acceptable. However, if you are buying the system for an office, institution, or commercial facility, you will want one with a higher flow rate and storage capacity.
- Features and Specifications: Depending on the intended use of the water cooler, features like child safety protection and night lights will come in handy. If power failures are frequent in your area, you should look for a system with backup operation features and overload protection. Some users treasure self-cleaning features like that of the Avalon water coolers reviewed above. The dishwasher-safe drip tray is a must for many users as well. Finally, you should check the dimensions of the system you have in mind, to make sure it fits where you want to place it.
- Performance and Durability: You want a water cooler you can rely on, as failures could bring about numerous inconveniences, from those related to water temperatures to costly ones, like water damage caused by leaks. It should also be silent, or at least not very noisy, as you don’t want it to wake everyone up or disrupt your work. Finally, you want your water cooler to consume as little energy as possible, and to last for several years. The best way to ensure that is to look for a system with an Energy Star rating and a considerable warranty. The promptitude of the seller’s customer service may play an important part in your satisfaction level as well.
What’s the advantage of a bottleless water cooler vs a bottom loading water dispenser?
Although many people consider bottled water a safer alternative to tap water, it is not. A study released in March 2018 and performed by Orb Media and NY State University shows that 93% of bottled water contains microplastics. It is also quite expensive, and its packaging harms the environment.
A bottom loading water dispenser only cools or heats bottled water, making you responsible to ensure spare bottles and replace the empty ones, costing you money and effort. A bottleless water cooler, on the other hand, helps you enjoy clean, great tasting water at your desired temperature without additional effort.
Once you’ve connected it to the water supply, your only worry will be to replace the water filters every several months. It will be as easy as replacing the bottle on a bottom loading water dispenser, but you’ll be spending less and enjoying cleaner and safer water whenever you need it.
Best Bottleless Water Cooler Reviews (2020 Buyers Guide):
Final Thoughts on Finding a Bottleless Water Cooler
A bottleless water cooler is a worthwhile investment for any home, office, or commercial space. It adds convenience and enables savings, and does not involve high costs either. Now you know which systems perform best and have the most valuable features and the most affordable price, and which systems you should avoid. After thorough bottleless water cooler reviews, we’ve determined the highest quality bottleless water cooler options of 2020. We hope we have quenched your thirst for knowledge!