A popular trend in 2022 is selecting the best fireclay kitchen sink to serve as an aesthetic centerpiece of your kitchen design. When you’re planning out any kitchen renovations, you’re likely giving great consideration to the main features such as your sink. And this is where fireclay sinks literally shine.
We’ve researched and discovered the eleven top-rated fireclay kitchen sinks, as well as one to avoid.
Reviews of the 12 Best Fireclay Kitchen Sinks, Plus 1 to Avoid
1. Finefixtures Sutton 30” Fireclay Sink Review
Finefixtures from Sutton has made the best fireclay kitchen sink of 2022. They use a straightforward design with durable craftsmanship to make a great sink. This is a butler style sink that sits underneath the counter.
It is the perfect size for scrubbing through a load of dishes. The design is elegant and would fit into any kitchen. The clay was fired at 1600 degrees Celsius so there is no chance that this sink will lack durability.
The sink measures 30-inches by 18-inches. The size is perfect for most medium to large households. You can purchase a sink rack grid or strainer if you are worried about the enamel chipping.
To watch the Finefixtures Sutton 30” Fireclay Sink Review on YouTube, click here.
2. Barclay FS30 30-Inch Fire Clay Farmer Sink Review
Barclay is well-known throughout the home improvement industry. They are a trustworthy manufacturer and durability is no problem here! This sink is easy to use with garbage disposals and won’t overflow.
Possibly the best part of this sink is that you don’t need a flange extension. While many people still recommend hiring a plumber to install this sink, it’s not as complicated as other options.
Without a doubt, the Barclay FS30 is the best single bowl fireclay sink. It’s easy to clean, and the corners aren’t deep enough to trap particles. You do want to be sure to avoid cleaners that would scratch the enamel though.
To watch the Barclay FS30 30-Inch Fire Clay Farmer Sink Review on YouTube, click here.
3. Rohl 33-Inch by 22 Inch 1-1/2 Bowl Allia Undermount Fireclay Kitchen Sink Review
This is the best Rohl fireclay sink available. It undermounts so you can easily fit it into any counter layout. You should always have a plumber work with you through the installation to ensure a good fit.
The top feature of this sink is one that most people avoid when looking at fireclay kitchen sink options. The split bowl. This Rohl 33-inch sink uses a design that separates the sink into 2 bowls. Although this design is standard in kitchens, fireclay sinks don’t see this too often.
The first bowl is smaller and is only 8-inches deep. But the second bowl is larger and 10-inches deep. The fireclay is acid and alkali resistant. The drain placement is in the rear so that you can retain some under-counter storage space.
To watch the Rohl 33-Inch by 22 Inch 1-1/2 Bowl Allia Undermount Fireclay Kitchen Sink Review on YouTube, click here.
4. Rohl 39-1/2-Inch by 18-1/2-Inch by 10-Inch Deep Shaw’s Rutherford Plain Apron Front Fireclay Kitchen Sink Review
Another divided Rohl fireclay sink, this fireclay 39 1/2 inch sink screams high-end. If you’re creating the kitchen of your dreams and the budget to match, this is your best bet. The front sink is classic white porcelain enamel.
But, the interior of the sink is the more important part. The Shaw’s Original badges, 3 ½-inch drains, and tiered basins make this a beautiful sink. Both sides of this sink are 10-inches deep.
You will definitely need a plumber to install this sink. It’s best to make sure the job is done right. The sink weighs about 183-pounds but is easy to handle because of the rectangular shape. This is an outstanding apron-front and the best of the high-end fireclay kitchen sinks.
To watch the Rohl 39-1/2-Inch by 18-1/2-Inch by 10-Inch Deep Shaw’s Rutherford Plain Apron Front Fireclay Kitchen Sink Review on YouTube, click here.
5. ALFI brand AB512 Double Bowl Fireclay 32” Farmhouse Apron Kitchen Sink Review
ALFI regularly delivers high-quality kitchen hardware. This ALFI product is a great sink, but it is different from the other sinks in this roundup. The sink tapers in towards the bottom of the bowls. While this design helps save you some under the counter storage space, it leaves you with less sink.
There is also a tall, nearly 2-inch lip around 3 sides of the top-most edge. The lip helps keep the sink level with the countertop. The sink bowls are about 7 ¼-inches deep. For most small households this is perfect.
This sink is one of the few fireclay sinks that does not require a plumber for installation. With an undermount installation kit, if you’re handy enough, you could easily install this sink yourself.
To watch the ALFI brand AB512 Double Bowl Fireclay 32” Farmhouse Apron Kitchen Sink Review on YouTube, click here.
6. Rohl 31-1/8-Inch by 19-5/8-Inch by 11 Inch, 31-Inch Single Bowl Allia Undermount Fireclay Kitchen Sink Review
Another great Rohl fireclay sink, this is considered the best undermount fireclay kitchen sink available. It has a simple, and classic single-bowl design with an off-center drain. The bowl is 10-inches deep giving you plenty of space. This sink is also reversible giving you a lot of room to work.
Rohl backs up their durability with claims that the sink is acid, alkali, and abrasion resistant. These claims stand the test of time, and many of these sinks are completely scratch or corrosion free years after installation.
This Rohl 39 1/8 inch sink is undermounted that will make it feel like you have more counter space. But, the most significant benefit of an undermounted sink is the time that you save cleaning. You can quickly wipe your counters off into your sink.
To watch the Rohl 31-1/8-Inch by 19-5/8-Inch by 11 Inch, 31-Inch Single Bowl Allia Undermount Fireclay Kitchen Sink Review on YouTube, click here.
7. Fine Fixtures FC2418UW / FC2818UW Single Bowl Undermount Fireclay Kitchen Sink Review
The best fireclay kitchen sink for the money is from Fine Fixtures. This single bowl, undermount sink is about 10-inches deep and a perfect rectangle. The dimensions are 28-inches by 17-inches by 10-inches. This size is ideal for a large family or household with multiple renters. But, in case this is too large for you, there is also a 24-inch option.
Many people worry about how to maintain the incredible durability of fireclay sinks. The best feature of this fireclay kitchen sink though it is so easy to clean.
With a mild dish soap, or baking soda and cloth, you can clean this sink in seconds. The corners are easy to reach, and the enamel doesn’t hold on to oil very well at all.
To watch the Fine Fixtures FC2418UW / FC2818UW Single Bowl Undermount Fireclay Kitchen Sink Review on YouTube, click here.
8. Rohl MS3018WH Shaws Classic Modern Apron Front Single Bowl Fireclay Kitchen Sink Review
A classic, modern, single bowl has never looked so good. There is no possibility of overflow with this Rohl Front Single Bowl design. The drain is perfectly sized for a garbage disposal, or in-drain strainer. There sink itself measures 30-inch by 18-inches. But the basin is slightly smaller.
The drain is a very standard 3 ½-inch opening that sits right into the center of this squared-off front sink. The glaze is acid and alkali resistant. But, these sinks are not scratch resistant.
Before you decide on this sink, get in touch with your contractor or your DIY vision to lay out a plan. There aren’t any templates available, so you should wait until this sink arrives before cutting into a countertop.
To watch the Rohl MS3018WH Shaws Classic Modern Apron Front Single Bowl Fireclay Kitchen Sink Review on YouTube, click here.
9. LaToscana 33″ Reversible Fireclay Farmhouse Sink LFS3318W Review
This LaToscana 33-inch sink is the Best white fireclay kitchen sink. Its porcelain enamel isn’t scratch resistant, but it is very sturdy.
You can fearlessly toss a fork in, or let a pan drop a few inches without worry that you’ll ruin your sink. The drain is large enough to sit with a garbage disposal. But, the drain is dead-center in the bottom of the sink.
For anyone who hasn’t used a fireclay sink before, drain setting in the center means that you won’t have very much room under the sink for storage. This issue is microscopic compared to the quality and durability of this LaToscana sink.
To watch the LaToscana 33″ Reversible Fireclay Farmhouse Sink LFS3318W Review on YouTube, click here.
10. LaToscana LTW2718W Fireclay Kitchen Sink Review
Compatible with a standard garbage disposal, and without an extended flange needed. There’s no reason to avoid this sink. It’s lightweight compared to other fireclay sink options, weighing in at 80-pounds. The usage is for inside purposes only, and it comes with a 3-year warranty.
The farmhouse fireclay kitchen sink from LaToscana is an excellent addition to any farmhouse kitchen. There’s a lot to love here, starting with the dimensions. Sitting at 18-inches by 27-inches and 10-inches deep this is an excellent option for nearly any home.
Best fireclay farmhouse sink award goes to this LaToscana sink. This farmhouse installation style fireclay kitchen sink is outstandingly simple. Many people enjoy the mid-range size.
To watch the LaToscana LTW2718W Fireclay Kitchen Sink Review on YouTube, click here.
11. Zuhne Ostia Fireclay Farmhouse Apron White Reversible Kitchen Sink Review
The Zuhne Ostia 30-inch fireclay sink is one of the best qualities available. When it arrives at your doorstep, it is ready for installation. The installation is relatively easy and has a reversible design. The reversible design allows the sink to install as a fluted apron, or with a plain installation. The quality of durability uses the reinforcement of a 1600 degree Celsius firing process.
Overall, it’s a great sink. It even comes with a strainer and grid to protect the bottom of your sink from any damage. This sink is not abrasion resistant.
You can install the sink easily with the farmhouse installation method. But the sink is reversible as well.
To watch the Zuhne Ostia Fireclay Farmhouse Apron White Reversible Kitchen Sink Review on YouTube, click here.
12. Double Bowl Farm Farmhouse Apron Front Fireclay Kitchen Sink 33″ Review
The double bowl farmhouse apron front sink is an undermount dream. It’s worth every dime as it’s available in 3 finishes. You can choose from a fluted design and reversible or smooth options. The double bowl sink is very easy to install, but you still might want the help of a plumber.
Don’t go cutting into your kitchen counters yet! There are no templates for this sink. In fact, it’s best to use your sink as a template, so work with your contractor. Or, you can hone your DIY skills.
This sink is everything you could need in a home kitchen. The bowls are deep as well as wide giving you a lot of room to work.
To watch the Double Bowl Farm Farmhouse Apron Front Fireclay Kitchen Sink 33″ Review on YouTube, click here.
Avoid – Rohl 30-inch by 18-inch by 10-ich Shaws Lancaster Apron Front Single Bowl Fireclay Kitchen Sink Review
Although you might see the price tag and imagine you’ve found the Rohl fireclay sink of your dreams, you need to keep looking. This is the worst fireclay kitchen sink on the market. There is nothing that could save this sink.
From having issues with delivery to scratches turning into spiderwebbing cracks, this is not the quality you would expect from Rohl. Avoid this Shaws Lancaster fireclay kitchen sink at all costs. The first red flag is the warning that actual dimensions may vary from what you are ordering.
For people organizing a kitchen remodel, this means that there’s the chance your custom counters won’t fit this sink. Save the measuring and cutting until after you receive your order.
To watch the Rohl 30-inch by 18-inch by 10-ich Shaws Lancaster Apron Front Single Bowl Fireclay Kitchen Sink Review on YouTube, click here.
2022 Buyers Guide to the Best Fireclay Kitchen Sinks
Fireclay kitchen sinks are one of the best types of sinks you could have in your kitchen. The materials are extremely durable, and the designs are almost always practical. Consider factors such as cleaning, durability and storage space.
3 Main Points to Consider
- Cleaning: Unfortunately, the downside to any fireclay kitchen sink is that, similar to a copper kitchen sink, they require a bit more care than other sinks. The surface of the sink is porous which means that it might catch onto stains more easily than a metallic sink. However, the design of most fireclay kitchen sinks makes them easier to clean. Most fireclay kitchen sinks are a single-bowl. This means that cleaning them is as easy as missing the solution into the sink water and scrubbing away the grime. A convenient cleaning experience is the trade-off for having to clean out the sink more often. Consider looking for a sink that does not have a center divider. You should also look out for corners that are difficult to get into and may hold food particles. Occasionally odd-shaped fronts such as a farmhouse sink apron front might make cleaning more difficult.
- Durability: The best feature of any fireclay kitchen sink should be its durability. These sinks should outlast anything else in your kitchen. But, how do you know the difference between good and bad quality fireclay? Because fireclay is a type of ceramic, you want to make sure that the manufacturer treats every unit with care. During manufacturing, the fireclay sink will go through many stages of heat and molding. If a manufacturer is careless, you’ll end up with a fragile sink. The best way to make sure you get a durable fireclay kitchen sink is to stick with manufacturers that have a longstanding reputation for quality.
- Storage Space: One of the nuances that come with a new sink is figuring out the under sink storage cabinet. Most people use the cabinet under the sink for storing anything from cleaning solutions to cutting boards. But, a fireclay sink dramatically decreases the amount of storage available. A fireclay sink will not usually have any lip to rest against the counter and will drop directly into the counter’s cutout. The biggest frustration here is that the sink requires professional installation. But, many people become irritated over time because of the lack of storage space. You can always plan for the drop in storage space underneath the sink. Or, you can look for sinks that have plumbing or depth options that don’t take up the entire cabinet.
How is fireclay sink material created?
Fireclay is a type of clay which goes through a rigorous heating process. Unlike other sinks that are carved or cast, a fireclay sink uses molding to obtain its shape. The clay itself goes through a molding process at inhuman temperatures.
Once the clay reaches the desired look and shape, it can begin drying. Each fireclay sink takes about 2 days to dry with constant exposure to mid-range levels of heat. After 2 days of drying the sink goes into a kiln for “firing” with an enamel coating. The kiln burns at about 2000 degrees Fahrenheit.
The sink stays in the kiln at this temperature for 1 day. When the firing process is done, you have a complete fireclay sink with a porcelain coating.
✅Fireclay Kitchen Sinks: Reviews of the 12 Best Fireclay Kitchen Sinks, Plus 1 to Avoid ❎:
Final Thoughts on Buying the Best Fireclay Kitchen Sinks
If you’re looking for a sink that will fit into any kitchen, and last for years, then fireclay is the right choice for you. To find the best fireclay kitchen sink of 2022, consider space, maintenance needs, and the sink’s reputation.