If you have trouble finding fresh, and safe drinking water, a water cooler is a great solution. As you research your options, you’ll find Avalon to be a high quality brand. The best Avalon water cooler of 2019 will suit your needs, whether for home, or office. We’ve researched and found the eight top-rated Avalon water coolers, as well as the worst one to avoid.
Reviews of the 8 Best Avalon Water Cooler, Plus the Worst 1 to Avoid
This unit is the best Avalon water cooler of 2019. This classic black water dispenser has all of the critical features you need with none of the extras. Don’t waste your time learning how to handle a variety of buttons, or dials. The Avalon A6BLWTRCLRBLK Self Cleaning Bottom Loading Cooler Dispenser with Child Lock is energy efficient because it uses a generally small sized compressor. The compressor also shuts entirely off when not in use.
The Avalon A6BLWTRCLRBLK Self Cleaning Bottom Loading Cooler Dispenser with Child Lock also has a self-cleaning feature. This is also the best Avalon bottom loading water dispenser. It uses a water siphon to ensure that you get every drop out of your 3 or 5-gallon water bottles.
The one feature that is beneficial and does set it apart from the other Avalon options is the nightlight. You can easily find this unit in the dark which makes it perfect for any kitchen, or home.
2. Avalon A10-TL Top Loading Water Cooler Dispenser Review
The best stainless steel Avalon water cooler is a top loading water dispenser with a stainless steel finish that keeps its shine through years. Avalon uses their innovative design to take advantage of a small compressor and still deliver exceptionally cold water. Hands down, this is the best Avalon top load water dispenser, as well.
The top loading design relies on gravity to get water into your cup. The Avalon A10-TL Top Loading Cooler dispenses both cold and hot water. It’s a great time saver for when you’re brewing a cup of tea or need hot water for a coffee press.
As a top loading water dispenser, it’s more narrow than other Avalon options. It’s size, and functionality makes it great for any office space. The stainless steel makes it easy to clean. A quick wipe with a microfiber towel and the fingerprints are gone. The only thing to consider is that the child safety lock is a little difficult to manage.
3. Avalon A5BOTTLELESS A5 Self Cleaning Bottleless Water Cooler Dispenser Review
The overall effect of this bottleless water cooler is outstanding. The cabinet is larger than most other options, but there is good cause for the size difference. It’s self-cleaning, so it has an additional system to house within the unit, and its bottom loading.
If you’re not short on space, the Avalon A5BOTTLELESS A5 Self Cleaning Bottleless Water Cooler Dispenser is an excellent choice.
As with any larger water cooler, you’ll want to appropriate safety features. This unit has a child safe, and Energy Star approved lock on the hot spout. Your child can still get themselves a drink of cool water but will need your help if they want a mug of cocoa.
This unit is the best Avalon self-cleaning water dispenser available right now. It uses an advanced function using cleaning ozone to sanitize and purify. Throughout the years this dispenser can collect a lot of buildup in their water lines and nozzles. The self-cleaning aspect helps keep your water safe without chemicals.
A top choice for many who are lacking space but still need a water cooler. The Avalon Premium Hot and Cold Top Loading Countertop Water Cooler Dispenser with Child Safety Lock is great for RVs, small offices, and kitchens.
It doesn’t take much space at all and will save you tons of time when it comes to making tea, brewing coffee, or just grabbing yourself a glass of cold water. It’s without doubt, the best Avalon countertop bottleless water cooler. Not to mention it’s a great top loader.
Avalon Premium Hot and Cold Top Loading Countertop Water Cooler Dispenser with Child Safety Lock uses a slim design to ensure that it’s not taking up any more space than necessary. Many people prefer a countertop water cooler for offices because it’s not taking up any floor space.
5. Avalon Limited Edition Self Cleaning Water Cooler Water Dispenser Review
The Avalon Limited Edition Self Cleaning Water Cooler Water Dispenser hosts 3 temperature options, a self-cleaning feature and is bottom loading. For many office managers, this is the dream water cooler.
This unit is the best Avalon bottom loading water dispenser available right now. The stainless steel finish makes it easy to clean, and the swing door cabinet makes it easy to load. The bottom loading uses a pump which isn’t exactly energy efficient. But, it beats the strain of trying to load it every couple of days.
The child safety lock is an outstanding feature as it’s nearly impossible for children to figure out the hot water option. It is even difficult for some adults, but it’s better to be safe than sorry.
The Avalon Limited Edition Self Cleaning Water Cooler Water Dispenser also comes with a nightlight. It’s a great feature to have if you’re using this for your home, especially in a kitchen. But otherwise isn’t a make or break feature.
6. Avalon Top Loading Water Cooler Dispenser with Ultra Slim Design Review
This is the top-notch version of the original water cooler. You might wonder who still wants a white, top-loading water cooler. There are so many significant aspects to this cooler. First and foremost, it’s energy efficient, and small. If you’re strapped on space and conscientious of your energy bill, this is probably the right cooler for you.
But, there are outstanding features such as the child safety lock. While not impossible to use, it is difficult for any child to manipulate. You mainly have to hold your glass carefully, depress the spout, while holding down the button at the top of the nozzle. Worries about children getting accidental burns are gone with the Avalon Top Loading Water Cooler Dispenser with Ultra Slim Design.
Finally, the best part about this cooler is time-saving. Because it relies on gravity to do all the work you get instant hot or cold water. There’s not waiting for the compressor to kick on, or the reserve to heat up. When you press down on the faucet, you have exactly what you want in your glass or mug.
7. Avalon A9ELECTRICWHT Electric Countertop Bottleless Water Cooler Water Dispenser Review
The Avalon A9ELECTRICWHT Electric Countertop Bottleless Water Cooler Water Dispenser uses a carbon filter to eliminate your drinking water of any impurities that are otherwise in your water line. This bottleless water dispenser hooks up to your existing water line.
The setup for this model is a bit difficult even for those who are pretty handy. It’s best to hire a plumber for this one if you have any questions about installation.
There are 3 temperature settings including nearly ice cold, room temperature, and steaming hot. While having the extra temperature option, it’s not often that people want room temperature water.
The function that sets this unit apart from the rest is its self-cleaning abilities. Although other self-cleaning models use an additional system that makes them bulky and uses steam or propelled water to clear the system of bacteria, this system uses a UV light.
The Avalon A9ELECTRICWHT Electric Countertop Bottleless Water Cooler Water Dispenser uses a UV light that streams through the water sitting inside the unit to prevent the buildup of germs or bacteria.
8. Avalon Self Cleaning Bottleless Water Cooler Dispenser with Innovative Slim Design Review
There are many things this unit claims to do, and it does them all. First, it uses a smart, slim design which makes it easier to fit into your kitchen, Second, it’s Energy-Star approved and very efficient for a bottleless option. Finally, it sets up directly to your kitchen sink’s water line.
But how does this bottleless design work? The Avalon Self Cleaning Bottleless Water Cooler Dispenser with Innovative Slim Design unit relies on a water line that connects to the same line that provides water for your kitchen sink. Although many people can figure out how to install it with a few hours of work over the weekend, it’s best to hire a plumber.
This is the best Avalon bottleless water cooler for your home. The entire unit is easy to clean and it has a removable drip-tray that you can put straight into the dishwasher. This unit goes above and beyond with its multi-stage filtration system. The filter system eliminates chlorine, lead, bacteria, and fights against rust.
Avoid – Avalon Top Loading Water Cooler Dispenser Review
Many people see the allure of this ultra-low price tag but realize after that they’ve made a mistake. This unit is the worst Avalon water cooler on the market. By all means, avoid this Avalon water cooler at all costs.
The first issue is that this simple design doesn’t provide the essential functions of a water cooler. It doesn’t cool the water to decently cold temperature. It’s like drinking slightly off room temperature water.
But the second issue, which is more disappointing is that this unit is notorious for leaking from the top of the cooler. With so many great options from Avalon, the Avalon Top Loading Water Cooler Dispenser is a letdown. It’s a simple design and doesn’t have any extra features to excuse its poor performance.
2019 Buyers Guide to the Best Avalon Water Cooler
There are 3 primary factors to consider when you’re looking for the best Avalon water cooler. You want to be sure that your choice is energy efficient. But, you also need a size that can handle your needs. Finally, you need to consider the type of water cooler that works best for your needs.
3 Main Points to Consider
- Energy: Energy is becoming a hot topic when it comes to appliances. Not only because they rely on electricity all the time, draining a valuable resource. But, because in an office environment, you can unknowingly drive up the energy bill a lot. You don’t want to affect one of your office’s bills drastically. Just like you would not want to see your home electric skyrocket because of a new appliance. Focus on finding lower energy water coolers that still fit your needs. Watch out for cooler that claims to dispense water at temperatures which are close to the freezing point. It’s likely that this cooler overwork their compressor to keep the water so cold. Compressors are the critical factor in energy consumption for water coolers. Essentially, a smaller compressor that works less often is more energy efficient. But, this means your water is likely closer to room temperature than cold. You can find a perfect balance between energy and cooling. The best Avalon water cooler will be right in this sweet spot.
- Size: Size is a big deal, but most water coolers are “standard” which doesn’t help anyone. If you’re working in an office space, you might notice that your kitchen area is already limited. Why add another appliance when you can’t add in another chair? There are smaller water cooler options, including countertop water coolers. Many people discount countertop water coolers because they take up counter space. But, if you’re looking for something that is functional and provides cold drinking water, there’s no reason to avoid a countertop water dispenser. In short, if you don’t have floor space, take advantage of the counter space. If you are strapped for overall space but need a water cooler to be sure to avoid big units. You may see that the more powerful units have bulky outer casings that take up a lot of space.
- Water Cooler Type: Bottleless water coolers are quickly gaining in popularity because they don’t need those massive 5-gallon water jugs. What they do need is a direct water line. A bottleless cooler might take time to refill from its point of use. But, there are bottleless coolers that use a reserve which requires regular refilling. These are best for RVs or studio apartments. Bottom loading bottled water coolers use the same giant water bottles you would imagine for a water cooler, but it tucks them neatly away in a cupboard. The bottom loading water coolers typically look neater because you don’t see the water container. They also are preferable for people who have trouble lifting heavy objects over their head. Finally, the most iconic type of water cooler is the classic top loader. This water cooler type is classic for a few reasons. First, they are energy efficient. Most of the work is done by gravity alone. Second, they look like the stereotypical water cooler. Occasionally, bottom loading water coolers get confusing. Finally, they aren’t nearly as difficult to handle as people think they are. Usually, the water delivery service is happy to change your water bottles for you, and the multi-gallon water jugs aren’t that heavy.
Will you need a plumber to install an Avalon water cooler?
Point of use or direct line water coolers does require a little bit of plumbing-type knowledge. But, most of the time you do not need a plumber to install a water cooler. Many water coolers stand alone. They plug into the wall, and you pop in a water bottle, and that’s the end of the story.
But, don’t feel bad if you do need professional help. The instructions that come with these water coolers are not very clear. In the best cases, they’ll use a few pictures. But, the primary concern is with the direct line or bottleless water coolers.
These coolers, as the name suggests, often connect directly to an existing water line. For some people, this is a weekend project. For others, it’s just easier to hire a plumber to have it done the right way, the first time.
✅Avalon Water Cooler: Reviews of the 8 Best Avalon Water Cooler, Plus the Worst 1 to Avoid ❎:
Final Thoughts on Buying the Best Avalon Water Cooler
The best Avalon water cooler of 2019 will provide you with hot and cold water instantly. There are not any other requirements, but many of these water coolers have additional features. Always consider how much energy your water cooler will use and whether you prefer top or bottom loading bottles.